Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 * L *
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^ he said ..."in the end"

lol
 ice cream sandwich
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?
Posted: 2/25/2008 9:27:55 PM
I totally appreciate the guy that cooks!

I dated a fireman for many, many, moons, and he was not only a fantastic guy - but a really, really great cook!

There is something to be said, for getting a random page at 3 in the afternoon from your significant other, whom invites you to a/the firehall to have dinner!

Only shitty part was that I was the one stuck doing the dishes. Small price to pay - in hindsight. There is something very sexy, about a man who is able to cook more than Kraft Dinner or Chili!
 Tyeee
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:58:54 PM
I think by varying the times on the grill you have have "a guy that cooks" in several forms of perfection. Choices include rare, medium rare and even well done!

However if you gals talk too long on the phone or get carried away with the toe nail polish he might get burnt to a crisp.

Tyeee
 valleyjavastop
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:28:57 PM
with working all week and so many restraunts around its hard to fnd the time to cook ..i eat out
 Valleygurl
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 11:19:50 AM
In my view there is something loving, and so sensual about a man who takes pleasure in cooking.
I know he will be in touch with himself and have many other hidden attributes.
I will know he respects himself and knows how to find pleasure in daily life, no matter what his circumstances are.
I am a good, creative, cook myself, finding pleasure in cooking for myself, exploring , experimenting, duplicating. Workmates are always curious about what I bring to eat.
Am also happy to sip, watch preparation or assist .
Love to eat out, have a glass of wine in interesting places, find hole in the wall places.

Sorry.... off the track...read the post...what does one miss?.... spooning ...cooking.......
 Minksie
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:22:15 PM
Not at all. Most men I know are great cooks. Maybe the ladies you work with have been married for a long time, and assumed the "cooking" role early on in the marraige...hence being surprised at you cooking. Not sure, but I would deem it more rare to come across a man who didn't like to cook, especially for a date.
 *Splendid*
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2008 2:40:23 AM

No cards, no flowers, no special nights on the town; the name of the holiday explains it all, just a steak and a BJ. Thats it. Finally, this twin pair of Valentine's Day and Steak and Blowjob Day will usher in a new age of love as men everywhere try THAT much harder in February to ensure a memorable March 14th!

Steaks are On.....
 Walts
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2008 6:49:34 AM
A couple here have already pointed it out,but it is not at all that rare anymore for a man to be able to cook. The majority of the time (married or not) he has to know how to cook or he is either eating "out" or going hungry. And you know what happens when a man is faced with a problem,,,,,he solves it!!!

I remember when my mother started letting me use the stove and oven. The reason, for me needing to learn to cook, she explained, was that the women in the future will somehow come to the conclusion that cooking wasn't "women's work". Scarey, how correct she was. I know less and less women who enjoy the kitchen and the things that can go on there. Personally I find it quite enjoyable to put on a spread for others. I used to get all jacked up when in the kitchen doing up a meal. Now, as with a lot of things, I let things roll, deal with things as they happen and enjoy the process. Of course that glass of rye of mine never gets too low when the burners are glowing.
 Northwest from Eden
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/2/2008 10:56:43 AM
A man cooking is not rare, cleaning afterwards, that can be an ordeal.
 Twila64
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/18/2008 3:59:22 PM
I never thought about it my dad always cooked (and he was good at it) all my brothers cook (I have three) my dad and brothers all made awsome pickles and preserves as well, my stepfather cooked,my ex also cooked( the ex did not like any seasoning so he was not a great cook but it was food and would sustain a body) my son cook as well, I guess I'm a little surprised......I thought most guys did cook. live and learn I geuss.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2008 5:54:32 PM
It's not that rare, but it IS sexy to see a man cooking for me, especially if I know it will turn out well.
 Black Sapphire
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/18/2008 6:49:53 PM
Please direct me to a man that knows how to cook. I have forgotten what it is like to get a home cooked meal in my own home unless I cook it! Hmmmm man in kitchen , makes a tasty entree !
 crashingchloe
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/18/2008 6:55:09 PM
Lately Walts mine is a vodka paralizer..... but Special family dinners I am known to need a nap by noon once the Turkey is in the oven...those days its Tea and Carolines.....and seriously I am not a drinker..but something about cooking in the kitchen that makes me thirsty....

CC

Of course that glass of rye of mine never gets too low when the burners are glowing.
 Bellaâ„¢
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/18/2008 7:05:15 PM
I don't think a guy that cooks is so rare nowadays ... as a matter of fact, most of the men I know not only cook, but cook very well!
 Walts
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2008 7:05:28 PM

but something about cooking in the kitchen that makes me thirsty....

I find my thirst increases as the "help" arrives.
 Black Sapphire
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/18/2008 7:39:51 PM
Definition of Barbecuing ... It's the only type of cooking a "real man" will do.

When a man volunteers to do the 'BBQ' the following chain of events are put into motion:
1. The woman goes to the store.
2. The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert
3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it to the man, who is lounging beside the grill, 4.beer in hand.
5.The man places the meat on the grill.
6.The woman goes inside to set the table and check the vegetables.
7.The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.
8.The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
9.The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
10.After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
11.Everyone praises man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
12.The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."

And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Ok, just could not resist this one!
 genuine29
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2008 11:17:19 PM
rotflmao
that may be the case for some but i like more than steak.
besides atleast he was waiting at the grill. ( and only 4 beer )
 quad24
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/19/2008 12:50:19 PM
I cook , actually I'm a Chef

but most females couldn't give a rats butt if a guy could cook or not . atleast thats what I've found.
 Merrylass
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 1:14:49 PM
I have no patience with any adult who's incapable of feeding his/her own self without calling the pizza shop. It's not like cooking is rocket science. I had an uncle-in-law who proudly announced he couldn't even boil water and depended on wifey for everything. He thought he was hot stuff. I thought him pathetic.

There is something very sexy, about a man who is able to cook more than Kraft Dinner or Chili!

Amen to that!!!
 whitetigeress
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/19/2008 1:26:19 PM
after a hard day's work, my dad (bless his soul ) would come home, work on the car, around the house, clean up then make a mean beef stew

you know what they say, a girl always tend to go after men who are like their dad
and vice versa with men
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 1:51:49 PM

Ok, just could not resist this one!

indeed your contribution makes you irresistible
after 20 years in the kitchen I came to believe there just aren't any real women left in this world.
Thank you for bestowing some hope for men.
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/19/2008 5:43:28 PM
I thought it was the BEDROOM we were supposed to COOK in???

Want a guy who cooks? Look for the man who is separated and has kids... that's your meal ticket right there ladies.

Mac and cheese counts right?

silibus
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/19/2008 5:56:21 PM
I love to cook too but I equally like to eat good food. It takes practice thats all.

Good question Mr R. What's the big deal about it because Mr R here raises a very good point. Could it be that some women don't really like to cook at all. And when did they put a "gender specific" thingy on Men who cook? I also like to share the cooking and not just the eating. And I am a great foodie who just burns everything off. I still don't know where it goes. Never ever had a 'gut' in my life either and I often over eat and cook too much for one or two.
 *Splendid*
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 6:00:27 PM

always tend to go after men who are like their dad
and vice versa with men

?????

So I'm suppose to "go after" women who are like my dad??

Umm, no thanks.............................................................
 Corto Maltes
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2008 2:08:23 AM
I think cooking for family and friends is a way great to express your love.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?