Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Schmotzy
Msg: 76
Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Not really have been doing it for many years now and thanks to my recently departed mom all the insite my mom of mine gave me in the kitchen when i was growin up .well to me it is priceless and when ya prepare a fine european dish with all the fixins for a special gal the rewards are very special.........and for tonight on the menu european style drunken chicken maranaided in a fine imported white wine ala some jamaican jerk seasoniong with a splash of liquid mesquite smoke and then grilled to perfection with a side of mushroom fried rice(back yard picked oyster mushrooms)and some fresh backyard peas.....sounds good to me and well ....dining alone tonight,,,,,,,,,,cheerz and gotta run the bbg isa heatin' up and the is always cold........
 *Splendid*
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?
Posted: 8/20/2008 6:19:52 PM
Sometimes when I cook I get
a little too close to the heat.................

So I guess I'm not all that "rare" anymore................................
 J*A*Y
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/20/2008 6:47:05 PM
I was a cook for 7 years, and then changed careers. Women do seem to love a guy that can cook. I have it on my profile and I'm always asked about it.
 esmixto
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/20/2008 7:11:57 PM
I used to cook for a living, I hated it, I only did it for the money!

I dont like to cook, it's bad I know... maybe now that I know its soo important, I might force myself to learn. lol

Thanks for the advice.
 male.nurse
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:23:52 PM
I know a lot of male friends that think cooking is taking a box out of the freezer and putting it into the oven, I on the other hand love to cook, i find it to be a very sensual pastime when i am making some wonderfully romantic dinner for someone special.

It is all about creativity and learning which foods match which spices and how it all goes togehter, of course it sure helps if you have a sense of timing LOL
 You go first
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/6/2008 3:36:10 PM
Being 'domestically challenged', I have a supreme appreciation for a guy that can cook.

It takes patience, planning and imagination - all very attractive traits in a partner at the best of times, but a bonus if it comes with a nice meal.

Who wouldn't appreciate the effort someone makes to cook a meal for you? And that appreciation, guys, translates well into... well... you know.
 whitetigeress
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/6/2008 4:47:26 PM
a guy that cooks everysingle night for me is rare
 Knottttyboy
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/6/2008 7:27:15 PM
I think a guy that cooks ...well... is rare....
 Wind Chimez
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/6/2008 7:30:56 PM
I appreciate when someone else cooks for me!
Men that cook , I have found, put alot of effort and attention into what they are cooking and this is half the attraction of the hot bod in the kitchen. The other half happens while the food is cooking.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2008 8:45:55 PM

I have found, put alot of effort and attention into what they are cooking and this is half the attraction of the hot bod in the kitchen.

say, you like the kitchen, I see....

after all the effort and attention I find it so difficult to get the woman hot in the kitchen without burning the meal, must be the reasons why much of the meal stays rare
 Phuqd
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/7/2008 12:40:17 AM
I make an awesome breakfast, and bring it to her in bed.
 Temptation50
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/7/2008 12:41:45 PM
Don't be suckin up now....^^^^^

I cook all the time, if i did'nt I'd starve to death....
I'm thinking men that cook outnumber the women that do..........
 XHTML
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/7/2008 12:58:42 PM

after all the effort and attention I find it so difficult to get the woman hot in the kitchen without burning the meal, must be the reasons why much of the meal stays rare

Without burning the meal? Sounds like the old "flash in the pan" syndrome.

What method are you using to cook the women, a blast furnace?

Maybe try the slow-cooker and simmer approach?
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:35:51 PM
I love cooking but usually prepare enough food to last 2-3 days & a little extra for the freezer so I don't have to cook every day .. but it's always nice to have a guy cook a meal for me instead. I find most guys who have raised kids are great cooks, especially single dads who had to cook for their kids whenever they were in his care.

Having a guy cook with me is tons of fun & then there are the bonuses. i.e. Cooking involves a lot of bending over ... bending over to get the pots & pans out ... bending over to pick up stuff you 'accidentally' drop on the floor ... bending over to check the food in the oven, bending over the sink, etc.
 Merrylass
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2008 3:42:58 PM
Hopefully not anymore. I have zero respect for a human, male or female, who can't manage to feed him/herself without resorting to restaurants. An uncle-in-law once boasted he couldn't even boil water - I think he thought it was admirable. It's tantamount to admitting you can't manage to wash yourself or turn on a light, IMHO.

You have to eat to live. If you don't learn how to manage to feed your own self as part of growing up, you're a sad case. So maybe men who cook used to be rare but I'm thinking people born in the last few decades are more evolved.
 Wilf Huckitt
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2008 3:54:43 PM
I kind of enjoy cooking!
The pic. of my 28"cer shows it isnt a toy! lol
And the beauty of it is the versitility of it as it goes anywhere I do! As in camping, nuthin better than fresh homemade chinese food!! Did up a batch yrs. back out at Francois Lake and even had the (then) mayor of BL stop in for a visit with the folks.
Kind of a look of shock on his face when we asked him if he would like some.

Worst part is the cleanup to me!! I hate that part!!
 Neop
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:47:09 PM
I don't think that guys cooking is very rare anymore. As family structures change and roles too, we see a lot more boys baking and cooking with their mom's. In my experience men love to eat haha and if nothing is there they figure out how to feed themselves eventually. Cooking and baking also allows us to be more creative and ya heard some of the guys say they deb put it on their profiles....if men know it attracts women....

Why it's a big deal? I think it's cause a lot of women don't want to be a man's mommy (been there done that) they want a equal partner so when they come home from working hard too and their partner says I have/will make dinner tonight have a break we think they are some super human, if he makes the meal taste great, then I will bow to him haha. Lord knows my parent's where not great cook s (& crazy experimenters) so when we ate at someone else's house we went crazy with praise ;) and didn't want to go back to eating at home

Ha ha for me, forget breakfast in bed, i'm down for going out to have waffles with whipped cream, strawberries and tons of syrup mmmmmm where's the drool button????
 Entzauberung
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:04:16 PM
Cooking good meals is a life skill everyone should have, though sadly many don't.

Yesterday I roasted a 15-lb. turkey and had a sumptuous supper.

Most of the leftovers are vacuum sealed are frozen.

Today I used the carcass to make a big pot of turkey noodle soup.

Some of the soup has also been frozen for future meals.
 easyas123abc123babyyouand
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:27:38 PM
I enjoy it when a man cooks, especially if we do it together, but he is in charge. I had a b/f who was the greatest cook, he always added that extra touch. I learned alot from him. It sure helped that he loved to cook! His deviled eggs were to die for. We had such fun in the kitchen which inturn lead to much fun in the rest of the house...
 Halokitty™
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/12/2009 8:21:54 PM
Surprisingly, I don't like when a guy cooks. It might have something to do with how I was raised, but a guy cooking was just the height of weird. My dad has never ever helped with the cooking unless we were making nachos or spaghetti. Nothing too difficult like Christmas dinner. It was always myself and my mom (my sister always buggered off to her bedroom) cooking.

And the one guy I date that was in chef school - was horrible at cooking. Grilled chicken breast with chocolate mint sauce = gag.

So - I cook. I'm a damn good cook too (made my own Easter turkey dinner last night, home made stuffin', the works) and frankly - too many cooks spoil the broth lol
 Xavery
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/12/2009 8:56:44 PM
I hate cooking, but that is not the point. Whenever I meet men on these dating sites, it seems thay love to cook and are far better at cooking than I will ever be. The thing about cooking that bothers me most is the clean up.
 friendleebear
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 10:19:04 PM
Let me cook for you X. I'm not a messy cook, but I suck at dusting!
 lovnlife
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/12/2009 10:52:34 PM
I personally like to cook. My mom used to just always say OK your on your own make your own meals. She worked so we learned, or starved. I will cook alot, but don't do the dishes. I hate dishes, I'll install the dishwasher no problem, but ask me to do the dishes NO NO NO.

Most every thing cooking is just being creative, sweet or salty or garlicy, or BBQ, or what goes with what. Cooking for one sucks I miss making dinner for two.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 11:13:02 PM
I find more female acquaintances and friends who choose not to cook...or some that claim not to know how to cook.

I find more men out there that are great cooks....good cooks...and are just willing to get in there and cook up a storm...they seem to have a great time and it`s not a chore for them.

ya...I think what a previous poster stated..not rare to find a guy who cooks..but more rare to just...find a man....lol
 Trulio
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 12:40:55 AM
Yah, I can cook, and I am a guy, so what. I was best at it when I could also grow my own food. That involved nothing at all. I grew hundreds of pounds of tomatos, a bit of basil, garlic and onions. Each Sunday, I prepared a lot of salsa, some with meat, some without meat, and froze it. I had four neighbours, none of them grew a darn thing. But when I could not harvest all, they wanted some of if, which I gave them. But they did not take all of it, and much of the late season varieties were spoiled by frost and rotted. Even last summer, there were hundreds of pounds of plums, apples, peaches, apricots, and they still did not take anything.....and I could not use all of what was produced.
\
You can lead a horse to water, but.....
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Is a guy that cooks *so* rare?