Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 26
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 2 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
A question for everyone. Paticularly Placename who left the lady on the roadside.

If s/he ever hits you is the relationship over????

Quite frankly I think it is. First time every time.
 snow1111
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:38:08 AM
NO it isn't ok

If a woman hits a man she should do so with the thought that it will come right back at me and can I handle it?

I have taught my sons ... that you don't hit women ...BUT.... if one hits you... don't stand there and take it, don't clock her back with a full fist but make sure she doesn't get a second one in

That is the law, it is called self defence and since when was self defence only for women??????

I know I will hear crap for posting this but you know what who cares, I have seen women that abuse men and no one is doing that to my sons.... it is like it is a joke or wussy to report it, it is such a double standard

So women before you swing count on it coming back !!! You want to act like a man then take it like a man !!!!!!!!!!!

ya ya ya I know violence is never good BUT neither is being a punching bag
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:21:40 AM
It's never alright for anyone to hit anyone else.
Violence is just wrong. Especially against someone you supposedly love.
Though, I suppose if you're hitting them, there's definitely no love there. :p

I was in an abusive relationship once.
Both mental and physical.
And I can tell you, that women can be just as cruel and vicious as men.

But no matter the cause, there is never an excuse.
Saying you're drunk, or you've been stressed is BS.
If you hit someone you're with... you're scum.
And no, you don't deserve a second chance. None of that "Oh, I'll never do it again!" garbage... because they will.
 knoxjbp
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:36:51 AM
Wait one cotton pickin minute; you mean it's not ok to slap the b*tch around a little if the dinners not on the table when you get home from work? What the h*ll is this world coming to

justmeinnc05
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2006 1:30:30 PM
It is never ok for anyone to hit anyone in anger. The only time you are allowed to hit someone is to defended yourself.
 knoxjbp
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/6/2006 1:34:55 PM
If my ex ever hit me i'd probably say, "yes please may I have another"
 packagedealx3
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 1:41:46 PM
Walking away is usually a good means of self-defense and it is generally easier for a man than a woman because he normally outweighs her, is stronger than she is, and can leave the kids at home with her while women don't feel they have that option. Neither gender should resort to hitting, dah.
 sparticuss
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/7/2006 2:28:48 AM
OK so if i cut up all my ex wifes clothes
died her cat pink
sold her sports car for a single pound to a local tearaway
superglued all her false nails together whilst she is wearing them lol
deleted all her contacts on her phone infact threw the phone down the toilet
put an advert of her pissed as a rat in the local paper for all to see
==========================================

Womans man

I've known of women who have done all of these things. And worse!

And then gone sobbing to the cops when the bf has slapped them. Not beaten them up either. Slapped them
 sparticuss
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/11/2006 1:42:10 AM
did. That traumatized me. It was so awful.

I cant comment on this anymore.. too many memories
============================

Dijital

I appreciate your trauma if you can't comment but here's an intreasting question.

Which is going to traumatise a young kid more. Watching the parents bashing one another, or watching the parents bonking one another.

Because the second is almost garanteed to have social welfare galloping around to remove the kids.
 sparticuss
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/11/2006 1:45:47 AM
many things, that are listed as wife bashing, are never listed as husband bashing.

Try this collection, of definitions of battered wives, from the Darebin Community Centre in Northcote.
• Do you feel like you are walking on eggshells?
• Are you told what to do, when to do it, what to wear?
• Do you have to account for your time?
• Are you forced to have sex when you don't want to?
• Are you made to feel scared?
• Are you hit, kicked or pushed around? Do you have things thrown at, or near you?
• Are you cut off from family and friends?
• Is your partner possessive or jealous?
• Does your partner control you and the money?
Typical examples of wife abuse? Think again.

- The average husband DOES feel as if he’s walking on eggshells every time his bowels fail suddenly, and he makes a hasty dash from the garden to the toilet with anything on his boots. (If a wife threw up in his car, with a touch of morning sickness, and he yelled at her, it would certainly be listed as abuse.)

- The average husband is told what to do by his wife absolutely all the time. Including how to do things that she has no knowledge of.
Something goes wrong and the average wife is promptly screaming at her husband “DO SOMETHING” That’s domestic violence! That’s husband bashing!
(A great many wives still take some sort of sick pride in this form of husband bashing frequently bragging to the girlfriends about how helpless her husband would be if she wasn’t there to tell him what to do. )

- The average husband does have to account for his time. Each and every time he works back late. He’s routinely accused of infidelity even though he’s got the overtime money to prove otherwise. The real truth is that the workplace often feels more like a home than his home. Particularly if home means “walking on eggshells” all the time.

- The average husband is hit, kicked, and pushed around. The shelters and the law list every angry shove, by a short tempered husband, as wife bashing. Ask around your own office. Do you have a single female staff member who as NEVER, given her man an impatient shove? Including you!

- The average husband is very much cut off from family and friends. Her family is welcome in the home, his are not. His friends are usually his workmates and they are not welcomed into the home.

The Darebin Community Centre has got one thing right. All of these forms of abuse are still abuse. Blood doesn’t need to flow before abuse occurs.
 wanttotalktoyou
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/11/2006 11:59:22 AM
Personally I don't think anyone in a relationship should get hit. ever.
 fiend_X
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:58:10 PM
Ya know... this is a toughie! Phylosophically speaking, society's views are meant to evolve as society itself evolves. On this point I should emphasize that anybody hitting anybody is an act of aggression. Yes, I will agree that some people "ask for it", but the exersize in morality is that we are expected to turn the other cheek. You will note that I have removed all gender from this response as these rules are universal. A man is expected to keep his cool and keep his hands to himself, so therefore a woman should do the same in a socety where all are considered equal, and that means with equal responsibility for your actions. So if she hits you first, it only makes it worse for you to hit back. The only reasonable response to the feeling that you need to be violent is to get out of the relationship. In other words... turn cheek and head out!
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/14/2006 7:33:56 AM
woman are capable of abusing men......ive seen shows where the man is teriffied of the woman.....
 sparticuss
Msg: 43
BS
Posted: 6/14/2006 8:44:50 AM
There are always four sides to any version of domestic violence
1/ His version
2/ Her version
3/ The official version
4/ The truth.

And I've just heard the funniest one of the lot.

The neighbours reported to the police that, most weekends they would hear screaming, swearing, and banging coming from ther place.

1/ His version - I've never hit her and rarely swear at her, although I do swear a lot generally

2/ Her version - He's never hit me, he does swear, I scream evern when I just get excited

3/ The offical version - suspect he's abusing her. Have the police bust in next time the neighours report anything

4/ The truth - The neighbors reported, the police busted in. They were sitting in armchairs in front of the TV, their eyes glued to the screen. They were both stamping their feet on the floor. He was swearing, she was scraming, but at the TV not at one another.

And their team was losing!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/14/2006 2:02:57 PM
Hmmmm ~ If I act like a man, I expect to be treated like one. However you interpret that is your business.
 purplestardust101
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 1:56:18 PM
Never....unless in self defense!!
It is NO different if a man or a woman hits someone...it is abusive in either situation...NOT tolerable!!!! There are many men in very abusive situations also...it is a shame when the only way for someone to pay attention to some is through abuse...much better showing love instead!!!
~Micheline~
 charlybig
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/16/2006 2:51:41 PM
no woman would have "the balls" to hit me

SirCharles
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:39:01 AM
its not ok but it happens more often that what most would think. Only thing is we don't hear about it coz of the femenist agenda to make guys out to be women haters
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:21:25 AM
Next time you get your ass kicked by a woman, tell me how manly you are mr macho. Oh right, you wouldn't be able to coz she just broke yer jaw. Tough guy, pfft
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?