Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 51
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 3 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i'd LOVE for a woman to ruff me up every now and then........lord knows i deserve it.....!!!
 sparticuss
Msg: 52
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 6/20/2006 6:51:37 AM
look at this forum and I see a bunch of whiney pussies crying about women hitting men, and all I was saying is if you cant take a shot from a women then you are not a man
====================================
Noga is now doing two years jail for wife bashing.

His woman hit him, so he behaved like a real man, and hit her back.
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:52:35 AM
Domestic Violence is against the law and it's NOT okay for either gender to abuse anyone including relationships of the opposite sex as well as those of the same sex!
 purplestardust101
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 12:49:22 PM
darkhorse...TOTALLY AGREE... Walk or run away, NEVER go back to that person....Always Peace!!!!
~Micheline~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/20/2006 12:51:36 PM
If a man hits you, you are supposed to hit him back. Don't just stand there and take his beatings! That's my only condition, besides that, no violence is necessary in any kind of a relationship!But then again, any man who raises his hand on me won't have anymore relationship with me.

But no it is not right for a woman to raise her hand on a man either.If she does, the man should hit her back and severe their ties!Abusive relationships do not last!They are not supposed to last!Just because she is a woman, does not give her any rights to hit the man.

~*Flavia*~
 bleeptwo
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/20/2006 12:55:33 PM
no one should hit no one. Hell I am a black belt plus I love to box THE only one to ever knock me out was a 5 foot 2 inche blond woman" granted it was with a telephone from behind but it still hurt like hell. Point is a woman has no more rights to lay a hand on a man as a man does a woman.
 leo\leo
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:51:42 PM
come on!! if we can't hit you well then no hiting at all
 Lost Guru
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:54:31 AM
I seem to see in western media that it can be classed as amusing to see a woman kick a man in the balls. Would it ever be classed as amusing in western society for a man to kick a woman in the ......?
 Mani
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 5:12:40 AM
If anybody hits me, I hit them back. It's not ok to hit me, women or men. End of story.
 bleeptwo
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:53:56 PM
Hey fun sassy an adult mother or father should not spank his or her child. Boy do you have a lot to learn I have hit only one of my children when he was 3 he ran into a 3 lane highway and you bet your a$$ I spanked his. But you know what the kid NEVER ran into the street again and I have never had to spank him again but a spank on the but NEVER hurt a child.
 Lost Guru
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/22/2006 10:47:00 PM
In TV shows or movies, it can be classed as humor in some cases when a woman kicks a guy in the balls. Is it ever classed as humor in a TV show or movie when a guy kicks a woman in the......?
 sddude
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/3/2006 7:44:37 PM
Yes I want a woman to beat me to a bloody pulp , at least I will feel touched
 Trishnaa
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/3/2006 9:28:13 PM
^^^^I agree with you and you are very funny...lol...I can't stop myself from laughing now.

~*Flavia*~
 Kataklysmic
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:32:37 PM
Outright beating a woman? Of course not. BUT....

I firmly believe that if a woman puts herself in the position of a man, she deserves to be treated like one. We have all run across the woman who, when arguing, will be right in your face....pushing you into a corner....finger to your chest...refusing to back off. Even going so far as to sock you one. This woman (hate to admit it, but I USED to be her) deserves very much to be put in her place.

I know that I am as strong as, if not stronger, than most men. That being said, if I am going to dish it out, then I should be willing to take it in return. There are too many out there who use their gender as an excuse for whatever wrongs they may have committed.
 sparticuss
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/5/2006 4:52:55 PM
"ok, first of all, what do you mean " am not condoning men hitting women, unless the circumstances warrant" - do you SERIOUSLY feel violence against women is "ok" in certain circumstances? That is such crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

=========================================

Holden!

Havent you been on this board long enough to learn?
You don't make sweeping generalisation on these boards. And you just made a beauty. ie That its NEVER ok to hit a woman.

Last year a man walked free from a British court after MURDERING his wife.

He had been subjected to over five years of husband bashing. The wife was a total loony. And she had grabbed a knife and was headed to kill thier kids and then herself.
The husband killed her to protect the kids.

The court was still ready to throw the book at him till he took off his clothes and showed them hit scars.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/4/2006 12:57:17 PM
Depends on the circumstances.

I will say this though, if a woman hits you and you didn't deserve it and you call the cops, 99 times out of 100, unless you are bleeding out an eye, you as the male are going to get taken away and tossed in jail.

So from a legal perspective, based on how the courts and law enforcement handles domestic violence issues, yes, women get virtually a free pass to hit men as much and as often as they like, whether the man deserved it or not. So legally, yes, a woman is given the "Okay" to pummel her man at will. Some women know this and take advantage of it.

But I've found that a woman who tries to hit a man under unreasonable circumstances doesn't have a healthy enough fear of her man. Those in organized crime don't get women shoving them around. Because women know a guy in a crew will stab her in the eye and leave her in a ditch. You don't have to hit a woman to keep her in line, but you do need a certain self assurance about yourself where a woman knows if she hits you unprovoked, she better kill you.

If a woman went psycho on me and started trying to beat me around for no reason? Well I wouldn't hit her back unless my life was in danger. But if she kept up the bullshit, I'd probably hire other qualified women to kneecap her. I mean as a guy, I don't see any other choice. If I involve law enforcement, I'll go to jail whether it's my fault or not. I can't hit her back because I'll go to jail whether it's my fault or not. The only real option, if she persists and loses her mind and keeps coming, I see is to hire other women to beat her to pulp so she gets the message. If a man beats a woman, even if she deserves it, it's called domestic violence. When a woman beats another woman, if she deserves it, is just called justice.
 MelodyTime
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2006 1:17:19 PM
I remember when my friend came out and finally told me that it was his wife that was abusing him!!

I remember seeing him with a fat lip, black eyes, bruises all the time, but he would say that he got into a "thing" with someone, always a story, and well he was a little bit of a roughhouser so I was TOTALLY blown away when he finally broke down and told me what was going on.

She was abusing him, and he didn't know what to do, she would drink and start thinking he was cheating on her, or he wasn't pulling his own weight within the relationship, or she was stressed out.

Anyhow he finally called the police during one of her abusive moments, and when the police showed up they were not at all compassionate about the situation, and told her that maybe if she had a nap she would feel better and that he should just get out of the house for a couple of hours.

When he got back she was worse and went to the back bedroom and came out with a gun and shot him 4 times. He lived and they were divorced before she was done with court, and is in jail now for not long enough.

As others have said violence is not the answer, on partners, children, animals or oneself.
 wurl
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/4/2006 4:53:53 PM
Yes, apparenlty it is ok. But it shouldn't be.

Pay no attention to comments here. What actually happens is another story.

There is usually neither legal nor social penalties for a woman whom hits a man.

Sadly, there is a double standard. I've observed this more than once in real life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?