Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 34 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

your mother told u that becuase alot of men will hit back...the useless ones anyway. however a true man will not hit a woman no matter what she does. It is wrong for anyone to hit anohter. its just childish. equal no. a man's strength is not equal to a woman's and never will be.

So a man that hits a female abuser is "useless", but Thelma and Louise style vengeance is the stuff of legends? Or what about a poster that brags about carrying a gun in her purse and threatens to "visit" other posters over a disagreement, would she be worthy of the useless tag aswell?

His girlfriend took advantage of that and would be cruel to him 'just because she could' and I mean chucking hot irons at him type of crap, braining him with textbooks and what not, her fav was pinching and twisting till he'd have welts. Me and another friend told ...

Well he should have left her. no need to do anythihng else. if he stayed for that its his fault. he needed to leave her and let that be that.

Well you almost said something smart here. Yes he did need to leave, but you fail completely to realize that some abusive women really don't like a guy walking away. If he had to give her a shot to prevent a cast iron skillet in the back of his skull for the crime of being tired of that treatment and walking out the door, then by all means he would be within his rights. Not only that, a good portion of abusive women behave that way solely because they expect no immediate repercussions. If they has some they would be far less likely to be so free in subjecting others to their pathetic behaviour.

i hate to tell u this much....but ROCK hunter has a point.....and i know myself some of my feamle freinds can destroy a guy in a fight...so i dont know were u learned that women are not as stong as guys....hell some are stronger with better stamina.....so do to the fact u were not strong enough to beet ur ex's ass for the whoopins he laid down on u is not anyones fault except ur own.....u coulda left or even better...killed the bastered in his sleep...tied him up in his sleep and then did sik and twisted shit to him...
but no u took it till u left or he died from a anti depresent.....but im not here to bash on u....i am just making a point.....some grls can beet guys no prblem....others should learn to take action when the looser is sleeping.....but always remeber if u think ur tough enough to hit or throw a punch be dam ready to eat one in return.....
and no i have never hit a grl but after my ex smashing a phone off my face and a frying pan off the back of my head...i sure wanted to.....

Can someone explain to me how this poster thinks murder or torture is a justifiable response? Sorry but when sleeping they would be unlikely to attack as your a$$ went out the door for good. The only time violence is an appropriate response is when directly confronted with violence.
 Jan Sobieski
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 7/26/2008 10:52:21 AM
I think the question that is really being asked here is "Should it be more accepable for a woman to hit a man, than it is etc".
The law takes a very dim view on any violence that is not endorsed by the state.
However particular attention is given to those who commit their crimes from a position of privilege. Men being on the whole more powerful than women, will be dealt with accordingly.
The judicary on the whole view "female assualt male" as a bit of a joke. As do I. I mean, c'mon mate, grow a pair.
 raxarsr
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:33:16 AM
i've hit a woman 1 time.i'm not proud of the fact...but it was warrented....i was in a parking lot...pulled into a space and was out of my car and had taken several steps towards the store when a car screehes to a halt in front of me....almost hitting me.
this big fat woman..[honest .she was 5'7 and about 350]....get out of the car and starts cussing me in a way thay would have made a sailor blush about "stealing her parking spot".?????????.she then screamed...."now move that f****ng car or else"...i told her to get a life.......................because i wont do anything for someone as rude as you..........[honestly.........i have no idea how she figured it was her space......i sure didnt cut anyone off pulling into it]......well......she balled up her fist and punched me square in the mouth...........i just stood there.........i couldnt believe it....then she belted me again....i looked her right in the eyes as i wiped away the blood from where her ring had cut me and and asked if she believed in equal rights.......it stunned her....lol.but she answered.........f**k you.i got the equal right to kick your ass.......and reared back to hit me again.......enough was enough...........i knocked her ass over tea kettle.......looked up and saw that a cop had been watching the entire show..............she got up....saw the cop too and went screaming and crying about being attacked......i figured my ass was grass.....but the cop told her to either get in her car and leave.or else SHE was going to be arrested for assult....never heard another word about it
 fetish4u
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 8:23:03 PM

and i know myself some of my feamle freinds can destroy a guy in a fight..

I have never hit a women but had girlfriends where we played spanking each other in the bedroom.You're right though about some women are stronger.I use to go to the gym in my 20's and I seen this woman that came in all the time.She was stronger than me and probably most men and she practiced Karate kicks in the mirror.I don't like fighting.I'd just try to get away from her.
 whenitrises
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 6:01:32 AM
To say that because the woman is the weaker sex....went out the door 50 years ago when women decided they refused to be the weaker sex and demanded equality. A popular term was....I can do anything a man can do.

It was the woman who made the decision. If you can do anything a man can do and claim equality, then you're emulating the strength of a man when you think you can raise your hand to him at your disposal. You've basically become a man equivalent, therefore you can take a hit. A man had a right to defend himself, even if he is physically more powerful than you.

Sometimes it is necessary not only to defend himself from actual harm, but to prevent further harm in the future by bringing you back down to your level of being a WOMAN. It's dangerous when a woman, emotionally strong by nature, portrays a man's role mixed with that emotion. The popularity of temporary insanity and the newly dubbed "sudden passion", are the excuses that women, most commonly use to justify their actions and stay out of prison for their rising domestic abuse, which now accounts for 1 out of every 4 incidents, and rising.

Real has nothing to do with it because the contamination of our human and moral values are not gender dependent. When you're dysfunctional, yet still claiming yourself to be functional, it will never work out in the end regardless.
 taylor1965
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:13:38 AM
No, no, no and no again !!
 idahosun
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2008 8:53:16 PM
Sorry, wrong thread!
 Lifeismycanvas
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:59:53 PM
what if a woman were pointing a knife at you, or a deranged woman is attacking your children, or a large woman who knows martial arts is assaulting you? Not every woman is a "delicate flower", women are just as capable of inflicting harm on others as anybody. I would most definitely use appropriate force against a woman if the situation warrants it.
 colininlb
Msg: 216
Posted: 7/29/2008 4:04:07 PM
Aa man can defend himself. No more! Only force required to end the assalt can be used. Basic man code.
 Ignoble
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 5:21:13 PM
RE: First post.

I have no problem with a woman hitting me in anger, so long as she is prepared to be hit back. ^_^ That simple. I don't give women privileges they don't earn. Cutting someone slack because of they're genitals strikes me as insensitive and politically incorrect... I mean unless she has tiny ineffectual fists. Then its just cute. ^_^
 yourstillhere
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2008 12:34:01 AM
If a woman wants to hit like a man then she can be knocked out like a man.
She`ll learn right away whats up when she goes from thinking shes all tough to waking up on the ground with me giving her a Roman Helmet.

Zero tolerance for hitting me.......
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:27:59 PM

While most abuse is men on women, you can have a female batter or a same sex batter.

How did no one catch and point out this fallacy AGAIN.
Men DO NOT abuse more.
Women are more likely to initiate physical violence, men are just more likely to be charged. That trend holds true in gay/lesbian relationships aswell which have comparable domestic situations to hetero couples.
 Vannili
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:53:11 PM
A person what ever gender is not okay to hit, it is a crime of physical abuse and violence. I was a nanny in HongKong for a wealthy Chinese family the baby was 2 years old perhaps,she kept slapping me all the time it makes my eyes sting,when I was carrying her, and the family thinks it is funny. When no one was around I pinched her palm and told her in English not to slap me again, she cried so loud that the cook woke up in her nap, and I keep kissing the palm of the baby and told the cook that she was bitten by an insect, (there are lot of mosquitos in HongKong )when she touch the trunk of a tree, thank God the baby does not know how to talk yet. She never slap me again..The bottom line is" nip on the bud".
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 7:33:20 PM
Tell ya what Doc, you face down a woman with a 14" butcher knife that is ticked you want to leave her. After you do that then you can come back here and tell people to walk away.
Walking away is great, but realistically only feasible at a time when you are NOT being assaulted.
And look at the stats for domestic violence, what starts with a slap can easily progress to to punching kicking stabbing and choking. The day a woman that starts down this trail realizes she will get a slap right back for it and a punch for a punch/kick/or weapon she'll be much less likely to continue the downward path. At the very least it would provide one the time while not being further attacked to get out of dodge.
 nicepaducahguy
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/8/2008 8:54:01 AM
its not ok to hit puppies?

lol
 rob1nyc
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/8/2008 11:37:55 AM
Right off the bat, the answer is absolutely not.

For some, it maybe easier said than done. Every person has their breaking point, and in a very heated argument, restraint may be harder for some than others. In the end, you should treat someone with the same respect that you would want in return.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 3:56:39 PM
What's up with the verbally abusive old-fart? Don't mods ban for outburst like his on a regular basis?
Perhaps with that kind of uncontrolled anger though I can see why he would have to let any woman beat him. Because with that kind of anger it wouldn't be "a shot in return" but more of a bludgeoning.
Oh and old.fool his photograph has NOTHING to do with the thread.
Stick to the topic.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/10/2008 4:42:02 PM
Wow what is this, advocate violence month or what??? Same topic, different thread.

I am disgusted by some of the ridiculous attitudes but thank god for forums huh? Profiles are nice pretty little hallmark cards we make up for ourselves but the forums is where the personalities come out isn't it!!!!

^^^Molly - I echo your statement!!!

rock hunter - "just leave" can be applied to both men and women. If either one is in fear of danger then they need to do this and screw the materialistic crap for the moment. If the focus is on the materialistic stuff then I doubt the person (man or woman) is really fearful of much more then losing their "stuff and pride". Kind of like on the playground fighting over who got the swing first!! Really kind of stupid don't you think? And who won those fights?? Usually the big bully, until the teacher came along huh??
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:09:59 PM
rock hunter - you are describing what men have been doing for a very very long time. I do NOT advocate for women to do this, I understand your point. And that is why I said both men AND women should leave if in a dangerous situation.

You are not listening to me, I am saying the same thing whether the victim is male OR female since there are BOTH kinds. I am not trying to argue with you that it's only women that are victims. YOU keep saying it's the female on male DV thing. Your post is one sided in that it's addressing mainly the male victims.

And I absolutely agree that to empower a female abuser by rewarding her behavior is wrong. To the degree that I attended a DV support group where just this crap was going on. I heard other women tell one lady (who obviously was the abuser) how to hit herself before court so as to gain the judges sympathy.

It was the most disgusting thing I ever heard. I was so angry and went immediately to the director of the agency and made it clear that this was so wrong. It is bad enough for REAL victims to get help, this behavior is exactly what supports what you are saying. I am happy to say that the leader/facilitator of this particular group was "dismissed".

Rock Hunter - my opinion isn't for females, it's for ANY DV victim. And the opinion of just leave is applied to the point of possible violence. It is not worth it. I also have seen known male victims who did leave their homes (as in the case of the woman at the support group) who not only were awarded their house/money/ect but their children as well. They did just leave when violence arose, and it was the right decision. Yes for a moment they were displaced but it paid off in the long run.

I have gone to DV shelters for women (and they are always FILLED to the point of waiting lists) who chose to leave, they end up homeless. So believe me it's both men and women who suffer from this thing called DV. And I do not take the female side. I take the victims side.

PS - The true victims are the children of families that deal with this, they have no choice to just leave.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 227
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:00:39 PM
YOU keep saying it's the female on male DV thing. Your post is one sided in that it's addressing mainly the male victims.

That's because this thread is entitled "Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Rock Hunter:

Out of everything I wrote this is the one thing that you chose to listen too??? Are you serious??? Nothing else made any kind of impact???

For some reason Rock Hunter I am starting to believe that you might be one of those men who enjoy provoking some women to the point where they would lose control so that they lose control and do strike, thus justifying you hitting them, which is in itself a form of DV abuse.

Just like the women who hit and provoke men and then cry "He hit me", there are men who do the exact same thing. There are men who like to bully and abuse (whether verbally or physically) women to the point the women fight back and then the men say she is hysterical/emotional whatever and all the while he is enjoying his ability to control her and make her react. The same as that bully in the schoolyard who belittles and pushes others till they fight back, and at that point the one who fights back gets into trouble because they hit first.

I don't give a damn, it is wrong (unless in life threatening danger) to hit, whether woman OR man, and to stand there and say she is the abuser because she fought back against a bully who says "put up with it or leave" is crap. There is a very common form of abuse by men that is coming to light much more lately, and that is mental abuse. For a man to humiliate, bully, antagonize, threaten a woman is abuse. Whether it is threats with violence, her children, her home/stability, whatever it may be, it is abuse. So rock hunter if you want to keep playing the it's all about poor men and crazyy psycho witches go ahead. But it's bs.

And for anyone to maintain such a onesided view is unhealthy, doesn't allow growth, and is toxic for any future relationships they may get into.

Of course I could be wrong here, and you may just be one of those poor innocent nice abused guys that mean old woman beat up on.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:19:04 PM

For some reason Rock Hunter I am starting to believe that you might be one of those men who enjoy provoking some women to the point where they would lose control so that they lose control and do strike, thus justifying you hitting them, which is in itself a form of DV abuse.

You do realize you are calling a woman(or man) that pi$$es off their spouse and getting physically attacked over it, guilty of DV?
Think before you type.

And Read the OP. Turning it into something other than the subject at hand is thread hi-jacking. He simply pointed out WHY you were seeing mostly one side represented.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:29:28 PM

I don't give a damn, it is wrong (unless in life threatening danger) to hit, whether woman OR man, and to stand there and say she is the abuser because she fought back against a bully who says "put up with it or leave" is crap. There is a very common form of abuse by men that is coming to light much more lately, and that is mental abuse. For a man to humiliate, bully, antagonize, threaten a woman is abuse. Whether it is threats with violence, her children, her home/stability, whatever it may be, it is abuse. So rock hunter if you want to keep playing the it's all about poor men and crazyy psycho witches go ahead. But it's bs.

So for a MAN to threaten a WOMAN's "stability" by threatening to leave her (so she'll have to support herself) if some form of destructive or otherwise unacceptable behaviour doesn't change...... He is mentally abusive?
Sounds like crap straight of some feminist e-zine.
You have NO right to hit a "bully" that is not physically harming you. Get that through your head. This is how escalation gets out of hand. You also have no right to not expect treatment equal to that which you give (this normally includes both good and bad behaviour).
ANd seriously you think this "new" "abuse" is strictly a male thing? No guy ever heard "do as I say or I'll take your kids, your house, your car, and then bang all of your friends"?
I've met far more unstable women than men in my life, perhaps because we make so many allowances for women that act unstable.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 230
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:51:29 PM
Loonytunz - whatever. Arguing this with you is pointless. No it was not my onesided representation as I have tried to point out it is not only women who do this but both men and women. BOTH.

I don't really think that you care to hear anything other then your own opinion so there is no reason to try to communicate with you.

I think that no matter what there will always be those who are abusive, those who are victims, and those who choose to be victims. DV in any shape/form is wrong no matter what. An abuser is defined by their actions NOT their gender. Do you hear/see that??? That is not a onesided statement. That does not stereotype a gender. It is addressing a behavior not a person. Can you do that. Can you see that it is more then just saying why do women or why do men?? And I think until that is accomplished there will always be these things going on.

By the way loonytunz - what do you know about being a DV victim?? Just curious.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:02:15 PM
You seem to be in the wrong thread.
This is dealing with women feeling they have the right by virtue of being female to hit or otherwise abuse men with little to no repercussions. Not a general DV thread.
If I recall you actually agreed that this notion was foolish.
I'm just not sure why you feel the need to try to hi-jack it and change it into an abusive male situation.
You don't like my opinion that is your right, but it is also my right to call out fallacies.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:42:22 PM
So for a MAN to threaten a WOMAN's "stability" by threatening to leave her (so she'll have to support herself) if some form of destructive or otherwise unacceptable behaviour doesn't change...... He is mentally abusive?
Sounds like crap straight of some feminist e-zine.
You have NO right to hit a "bully" that is not physically harming you. Get that through your head. This is how escalation gets out of hand. You also have no right to not expect treatment equal to that which you give (this normally includes both good and bad behaviour).
ANd seriously you think this "new" "abuse" is strictly a male thing? No guy ever heard "do as I say or I'll take your kids, your house, your car, and then bang all of your friends"?
I've met far more unstable women than men in my life, perhaps because we make so many allowances for women that act unstable.

Sad on so many levels, but I have to agree with the entire post. (I know many stable women, but I know too many of the other types as well.) I have witnessed abuse to a man (no it was not me doing the abusing) and it's horrible. No where to turn, society ignores it/thinks it doesn't happen/finds it implausible....just ridiculous. I think he actually suffered more due to social mores than her mental/emotional/physical tyranny.

~OT~ Hitting is never appropriate. There are probably justifications (such as self-defense, etc.) but if two people can't talk (not yell/hit/scream/curse) to one another (not AT one another) they shouldn't be together.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?