Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 4 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

If a woman hits a man,,she should be charged just like a man should be..

Exactly right. My father once said to me, taking it a step further, "never place yourself in a man's position unless you wish to be treated like a man". I agree. The double standard is wrong.

I had a friend who used to beat the crap out of her husband with a cast iron skillet. He was totally crestfallen. He said "one of these days I will not be able to restrain myself" and my advice was that he needed to leave the relationship before "one of these days" arrived. It was no way to raise their children, seeing Mama beat up on Daddy with a skillet.
 ManeRider
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 9/22/2006 2:54:53 PM
Whilst, I am not condoning men hitting women, unless the circumstances warrant this, what do people think about the idea that despite this new age of 'equality' between the sexes, that women can still hit / slap men and get away with it, with many people finding it funny that the man has been hit.

Many men are abused, and have their lives at risk due to domestic abuse, and whilst a man hitting a woman would create outrage, a ruined reputation and a possible jail sentance, inc. sodomy, a woman that beats her husband could just claim, neglect, PMS, being in therapy or a wealth of other cheap excuses removing all responsibility from herself.

An excellent topic Vandelai

The oppression of the modern day man

It's a disgusting look at our new world order. Yes, when TV producers condone this in public arenas, the idea will quickly transfer to our reality. When producers portray weak male rolemodels, so society grows weak male rolemodels. Actually, it's much deeper than just TV world, it's systemic from the feminist's regime and the machine of the divorce/domestic violence sub-culture over the past 50 years. New laws have thusfar crowned females the sacred ones. Nowadays, yelling at your spouse will you get you a simple assault charge.

A cop (resigned) I once spoke to related to me, after arresting a woman who had visibly beaten her husband badly, that the case was dismissed by a biased Judge who claimed he didn't feel a woman could/would be such a perpetrator. In Ga, the law still hasn't even been applied (but will in 01/2007) that requires Courts to consider a womans income before applying child support guidlines. A woman can simply report her husband as being violent, without showing cause of any kind, and a TPO will be delivered to him, requiring he vacate the premises immediately, upon fear of incarceration, and ordered not to come near said residence. His rights to his children are likewise severed until further order the Courts. And these Family Courts can have exhaustingly long Court calendars. (i.e; time is most definately not on the accused side)

The bottom line is this: when women wanted more rights, they took to the courthouse steps, joined hands in groups, and made themselves a viable voters block, thereby arguing their legislative changes. One law after another, year after year, for 4+ decades now, the social/gender pecking order has changed. (I'm not, in any way, subscribing to the entire ideology)

This being said, though, womens equality has morphed into more than just a power struggle, it's become disgustingly overreached. The pendulum has swung far too far in one direction. Yes, what you stated in your opinion post is accurate. When will it change? When men band together in large "enough" numbers (Million Man March, NCFC,ACFC - National/& American Coalition of Fathers and Children) and stand united, only then equality will find it's balance. Currently, NOW and NWO have huge federal funds to work with, while mens organizations enjoy no such federal help. (See above referrenced voters block) They can afford to fight against those men who have voiced a desire to not be oppressed.

So if it bothers you to see "Reba" hit her "co-star", Or you're dismayed by such weak male characterizations on everything from sitcoms to commercials, have a talk with your fellow men. Join a mens organization and voice your opinions. We have to change the laws in the same fashion that women did in the 60s and 70s. Get involved and do something. Don't just watch from the sidelines.

"Find out what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." (Sir Frederick Douglass)

Edit: find Glenn Sacks column on the web. He's highly effective, and carries the most comprehensive opportunites for change. Also, see Steven Baskerville, Department head/Sociology , Howard University and acting President of NCFC.
 tick tock
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 2:42:31 AM
It is wrong, plain and simple. Btw, there is nothing wrong with blocking their punches in ways that are painful to them.
 justbeinme32
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/1/2006 7:04:04 AM
IS it Ok for a man to hit a woman..only for each other in self-defence
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:39:48 PM
How about nobody hits anyone

oh gee.. what a novel idea! too bad it doesn't happen
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:00:51 PM
white tigeress as long as us humans walk the earth there will always be a woman to give a man the helping smack in hte face he needs. for ex, a year ago I was working at a company inwhich i had an Italian coworker she took great pleasure in smacking up her 20 something year old sons when they got out of line. So, how do we explain that

^^ she's italian? They talk with their hands (jk !.. gotta love howie mandel )
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:21:06 PM
Go for it. Feel free to take a swing just like another guy would. But I'm going to hit back, and I'm probably going to try to seriously hurt you. If its a slap, I'll backhand you to the floor. If its a punch, I'm not stopping until you're incapacitated. If you don't can't handle the prospect of being pounded bloody in return, its a good idea to re-think hitting someone in the first place

^^

My ex AND his father both had this attitude and they are both verbally/mentally abusive men. With my departure, they are finally seeing the light to how gravely wrong is their view!!!
Its one thing to say.. hit me and I'll pound you to the floor to a woman and another to simply say... dont hit me and I wont hit you.

Theres a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGE word to be learned here........... guess what it is?

respect
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/3/2006 8:42:28 PM
thank you barry........... you hit it right on the nose (umm no pun intended )
 Farkis McSwifflebum
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/3/2006 8:52:05 PM
Personally, there is nothing I enjoy more than a through beat-down from my woman. If she can't make me bleed, I'm just not interested.
 holdmy
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/7/2006 10:18:23 AM
sure, it's ok for a woman to hit a man just as long she she is ready to get put back in her place.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/14/2006 1:47:33 AM
If a woman is going to hit me, no matter what her reason, I'm just going to leave without uttering a peep.

Not that I have any experience of this sort, or envision it happening, but if it does, silence and a quick exit will be my solution. Nothing more.
 NatGoat
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/26/2007 9:20:37 AM
Only if it's in Play . .
If the intent is to injure . . she'd better be ready for Retaliation . . !!
Personally, I'd Never hit a Lady . . but a Lady wouldn't hit ME, either . . !!
I got into a Major RAW on another site on this very subject . .
I expressed my 'Opinion' ...and got ' Dive-Bombed ' by a half-dozen women !
Most of them were professional Man-Bashers, anyway . . but they just wouldn't let it Die . . !!
 Biggie_CA
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:06:10 AM
Because of my height and size I find women love hitting me.
Usually it's in fun but sometimes do they ever pack a wallop.
Some days I come home bruised.
What can I say? They just enjoy it. Or maybe I know too many freaks?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 12:40:04 PM
I think it's hilarious when they show a TV comedy where the sleazy husband hits on his wife's sister for casual sex and the sister knees him in the nuts.

Apart from that, it's as painful as when a woman gets hurt, but far more humiliating.

Ask any woman how she would feel if her son walked in with a knife through his shoulder blades. Then tell her to sit in on a night in the Accident & Emergency department in a local hospital and ask every man who comes in how his accident happened.

A lot will say they got in a fight with a stranger.
A lot will say they got in a fight with a friend.
A lot will say they got in a fight with a their g/f or wife.

I have met many women who have openly admitted that they beat up or stabbed their man on more than one occasion, and a few men who admitted that their previous g/f did that to them.

I've seen an ex-g/f beat up her ex-b/f because he wouldn't get back with her.

Some statistics from http://www.ejfi.org/DV/dv-8.htm:
There are major difficulties in obtaining reliable statistics in this area but mental health studies consistently show that in heterosexual couples only about 25% of the time is domestic violence solely male-on-female. The same studies show that 25-30% of the time the violence is exclusively female-on-male, with the remainder mutual combat. However, one agreeable result emerges from these studies: The safest place for a woman is in her home with the biological father of her children.

And from the same source:
As measured by the NFVS, the frequency for overall violence in relationships during 1992 in the U.S. was 8-12% for male-on-female, and 9-10% for female-on-male violence. For severe violence, about 2% of couples reported male-on-female, and 3-6% reported female-on-male violence. As noted above, about half of this violence is mutual combat. Mental health surveys in Canada produce similar results and consistently show slightly higher female-on-male violence.

Note, however, that criminal justice surveys produce markedly different results for reasons beyond the scope of this article.

The NFVS surveys also show that, except for severe female-on-male attacks, domestic violence decreased significantly between 1975 and 1992. In general violence in the home has been decreasing for centuries.

Best thing: videotape her a** and send her to jail.
 tick tock
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2007 12:30:17 AM
^
Strick n. 1. A bunch of hackled flax prepared for drawing into slivers.
 res17ohp
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:17:48 AM
I agree with sassymiss. People should not being hitting each other period.
 Dany1180
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 8:42:41 PM
I love it when I see some males who call themselves mucho and so on, cry with FEAR when they hear a woman has hit a man.....

But that same male would not budge when males hit women.

To me the COWARD........is probably scared schit being hit by a woman rather than being able to hit her.

A real man never hits, his strength and intelligence stops him
But a coward hits because he is scared.

Hurray for double standards! Judging by your several posts in this thread, your opinion on the subject is quite clear. You're quite the catch I'd say. ;)

So how many bruises does your partner have? Oh wait, they're not 'bruises', they're symbols of love...
 ManeRider
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 12:31:43 PM
Dany1180, I'm really enjoying Goddess of Dreams double standard, too.

Pure misandry. Someone taught only to hate. Thats deliciously subdivided Goddess. I just love someone getting hold of a keyboard who needs anger management and some deep psychoanalysis.

It's Kinda like watching your neighbors house burn to the ground and relishing the thought that it isn't your house. Makes you happy and sad simultaneously.
 Ron9
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:52:42 AM
Oh baby ...... spank me.

Wait .....

That was a different thread - never mind.
 gucci8
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:19:53 AM
No abuse for either Side.......
 NatGoat
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:41:57 PM
It comes down to Definitions, too . .
{Just being _Female_ does Not imply Immunity . . !! }
A 'Lady' . . would never hit anyone else . .
A 'Woman' . . can play rough, but knows her limitations, and understands the
term 'Retaliation' . . if she causes Pain . .
A 'B****' . . has no qualms about getting involved in . . or even _Starting_ a fight . .
..and should expect to be treated like Anyone else that intends harm on another . . !!!
 sonjarae
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 7:59:14 AM
Probably gonna regret this. I have hit men before..I hate violence! I don't care what most people think!I was in a relationship where the man emotionally hurt me daily! I have hit and did time in jail fo it!!If I hit anyone I expect to be hit back!If someone can make me mad enough to him them, I'm ready to fight.I'm not proud of it.No one can make me mad enough to hit them, unless I love them.Emotional abuse hurts more than physical!!I don't want to hit anyone..Verbal and emotional abuse from a man and his 2 sons I tried to help..I lost it!I'm the one that pays for my actions..Don't judge anyone unless you walk in their moccassins!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?