Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NatGoat
Msg: 101
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 5 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
It comes down to Definitions, too . .
{Just being _Female_ does Not imply Immunity . . !! }
A 'Lady' . . would never hit anyone else . .
A 'Woman' . . can play rough, but knows her limitations, and understands the
term 'Retaliation' . . if she causes Pain . .
A 'B****' . . has no qualms about getting involved in . . or even _Starting_ a fight . .
..and should expect to be treated like Anyone else that intends harm on another . . !!!
 sonjarae
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 9/7/2007 7:59:14 AM
Probably gonna regret this. I have hit men before..I hate violence! I don't care what most people think!I was in a relationship where the man emotionally hurt me daily! I have hit and did time in jail fo it!!If I hit anyone I expect to be hit back!If someone can make me mad enough to him them, I'm ready to fight.I'm not proud of it.No one can make me mad enough to hit them, unless I love them.Emotional abuse hurts more than physical!!I don't want to hit anyone..Verbal and emotional abuse from a man and his 2 sons I tried to help..I lost it!I'm the one that pays for my actions..Don't judge anyone unless you walk in their moccassins!!
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 5:09:01 PM
If any woman ( or anyone, for that matter) hit me, I'd go straight to the police and file criminal charges. I would also sue her if she had enough wealth to offset my lawyer's costs. There is absolutely no excuse for violence, except in self-defense or defense of an innocent third party. I don't give a damn if the culture condones or accepts in under certain circumstances. I go by the law, not by cultural norms. If woman slapped me because something I said offended her, she would be in handcuffs.
 tick tock
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 11:05:33 PM

P###y! You aren't serious are you? Sometimes I don't blame women for hitting dudes we can be pretty hard headed and extremely hateful at times.Violence isn't the answer but sometimes its understandable(not excusable) If I were a woman I would be inlined to hit a dude...its about power, when we hurt them with our words or whatever, being that they think we are unable to be hurt emotionally they will strike out physically.It is human nature to attack when wounded.Not saying I agree with it,but I understand it.

Cool! It's dumb guys like you that keep the cycle spinning along. Bravo!
 tick tock
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:54:59 AM
@ etourdi: If anyone suffers from a problem with reading comprehension or a lack of critical thinking, you'd be the number one candidate. Read your post again and see how it contradicts itself...lol:

P###y! You aren't serious are you? Sometimes I don't blame women for hitting dudes we can be pretty hard headed and extremely hateful at times.Violence isn't the answer but sometimes its understandable(not excusable) If I were a woman I would be inlined to hit a dude...its about power, when we hurt them with our words or whatever, being that they think we are unable to be hurt emotionally they will strike out physically.It is human nature to attack when wounded.Not saying I agree with it,but I understand it.

Also, the exact same reasons you use to justify (somewhat) women hitting men could be used to justify men hitting women...DUH!
 tick tock
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:50:58 AM
Fair enough, I wouldn't press charges against anyone either. I've been punched, stomped, kicked...heck, I've even lost a few fights, but never pressed charges against the men that have done this to me, so why would I do it against a woman. However, if the violence got extreme, I would still defend myself with brute force. Sadly though, I learned the hard way that there really is no such thing as self defence in Canada when I broke another guy's nose and orbital bones. Get ready for a laugh, I was charged with the more serious offence of assault causing bodily harm whereas he was only charged with the minor offence of assault. Just goes to show that calling the police was probably the best option.
 darklord666
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/26/2008 1:51:40 AM
OP, nope, its never okay to hit a man unless he hits you first and vice versa. Equality means equality which also means equality in all areas, not just areas that you pick and choose, like women do a lot of the time.

It is still socially acceptable for a woman to slap a man if he says some thing out of place.
 Srohack
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:02:33 AM
It's never right for a man nor a woman to hit each other (Unless you're playing sports :D). And if a woman hits a man, she should expect to get hit back.
 tooyoung
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 1:45:26 PM
Legally this is called assault, and it is against the law.
No one (male/female) has the right to abuse another.
If a woman feels the need to hit a man,
she is no better than a male wife-beater.
She has to learn to control her emotions.
If the man lets her hit him and then
dismisses it, then things get worse.
Violence is negative and destructive.
I, unfortunately was the victim of
physical and psychological abuse.
At first you think, oh she's pissed off
and maybe you might have deserved it.

Should a call to your cellular from your ex
who just wants to still be friends,
warrant a Champagne bottle to your head?
If a woman is in denial of being menopausal
and has severe mood shifts, she can get nasty.
Irritable and on their period, with a full moon
Is this a justifiable excuse? Never!
Men, don't take this crap.
Call the cops, move out, get help!

Women, unless you're being attacked
and self-defense is warranted,
never strike your man.Period!
That is unless you're into some S&M,

then knock yourselves out!
Peace&Love&Light
 tick tock
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 4:42:00 PM
^ He must be quivering in his boots now.
 tick tock
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 4:56:52 PM
^ Sounds like kinky foreplay going on between you two. I'll step back for a moment and observe.
 junipermoon
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:09:29 PM
you don't go around hitting people.

you just don't do it...male...female...doesn't matter. nobody needs to hit anyone else.

i feel like the playground moderator.

everyone, go to your happy place.
 tooyoung
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:30:22 PM
Are we all in agreement then?
Thread over and out!
 tick tock
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 5:01:00 PM

you are one creepy cat lady. and btw your cats are mangy.

Ah, they always look good after you throw 'em in the wok and add some soy sauce.
 raemurphy
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 5:42:58 PM
It is never okay for any person to hit another person!
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 11:15:49 AM
there's nothing like a piece of hickory that says "I love You "......

..Last time I checked...Hillerich&Bradsby were still makin' bats out of Ash.. ;)
 tick tock
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:53:19 PM
^ Not even mimes or people dressed in KISS outfits???? Now I'm thoroughly confused!
 tick tock
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 4:38:55 PM
^ You're one crazy lady, but I still love ya! By the way, I know you're angry with his comments and all, but I have to tell you...cats can get mange.
 tick tock
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 5:28:08 PM
^ Not a chance! I'll take your cats to my dog fighting kennels and see how they fare. (Whoops! Did I just admit that I had one??). Anyway, they will convert your cats from flesh and fur to pooh in 24 hours flat.
 Janann
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/8/2008 6:37:29 PM
Iron skillet! I was thinking maybe a really big truck
 tick tock
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2008 7:00:38 PM

I must admit when I see a woman slap a man on t.v. or in a movie (and he deserved it)

"and he deserved it" eh? Well many women "deserve it", but it is wrong to do so.
 Boomstrike
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/8/2008 11:34:05 PM
Only a woman would ask such an unbelievable question. No, assault is not OK.
This question would only get asked in a society where women have a sense of entitlement and superiority, and men are subhuman.
 tick tock
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2008 2:03:53 AM
@ lancetyrell: If they bite you, then they are fair game. Having been on the receiving end of a vicious bite, I know firsthand that it can hurt more than any punch from a guy. You can knock 'em out cold and they would have deserved it. If someone did that to me, they better expect to lose a few teeth.
 totum_spirit
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/9/2008 4:48:10 PM
No it is not unless he is trying to rape her or kill her or something of that violent content. Now for a woman to just slap a guy because of a argument....hell no! Women you are just females nothing about being a female makes it OK to hit a guy for some lame reason. I have no desire to hit a woman BUT you slap me I will slap you back. It is called respect. A man is made to fight ,has been a part of our survival of 100,000's years or more, I respect you for being a woman and acting as a female but hit me you are showing your disrespect toward me therefore my respect for you just got thrown out the window. Then my respect for myself makes it permanent.... that female is history do not allow a drama queen in your own life.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2008 5:27:02 PM
It's never ok. No "reason" is large enough.

To my shame, I hit my ex when I found out about the affair. No, it wasn't exactly like that... it was 24 hrs later, after having discussed working things out only to hear "I just couldn't tell her it was over, I need some more time to end it properly"

.... SNAP! I lost it. I slapped his face *hard*

I beat myself up for that for quite a while. It was a "good" thing only in that it convinced me if things were so far gone that I would actually sink to physical violence, it was time to really take a hard look at who I was and what I was doing. BTW - poetic justice of a sort that My ex latched onto my violence as a way to reduce the crime of having an affair in his mind. *oh well*

Crazy times. I forgave myself for being temporarily insane. BUT I judge it as wrong, and one of the real low points in my life. Started meditating... meditation is a wonderful thing... highly recommend it for everyone. Improves sex too *grin*
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?