Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ktk2
Msg: 126
view profile
History
BSPage 6 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
That's right, be a man and take her punches which escalate into kicks which escalate into scissors which escalate into baseball bats... take it like a man!!! Most men will never call the cops, and some women can get ugly violent. If men call the cops for protection, usually they'll scorn the guy; and laugh. Many laws now (a high profile case in recent weeks here in Ontario) guarentee an automatic arrest for men with absolutely no investigation... Hurray for women's rights gone wild!!
 kensar
Msg: 127
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 3/28/2008 5:36:16 PM
Its never ok for a woman to hit a man she says she is in love with. That will be when the circumstances warrant get hitting back. She has no business stepping in a man's shoes or she has to take what goes with it.
 tick tock
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2008 2:11:32 PM
And don't you dare touch my children. A random woman ran into my youngest son at Home Depot with a shopping cart and blurted out, "Move it you brat." Knocked him down and ran over his leg with the buggy. Bad idea. The paramedics had to explain to her what had caused her to be in the ambulance.

I saw a woman once slap and kick a kid at a supermarket close to where I live. The kid's mother beat the living snot out of her and the father gave her a few for good measure. The funniest thing is that she looked to me for help and I laughed. You hit someone's kids and all bets are off.
 lolLori
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:51:51 AM
Do they follow the same footsteps as their counter parts abused woman. I think we all think of men the more independant, the more protective the balance for self-sufficiency is assumed more masculine and the dominant from even asking a woman to dance to asking her to get married. But if you think about it would they be the first to leave. Wrong ofcourse does it matter , if that particular woman doesnt think it does it doesnt. VISA VERSA
 tick tock
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:56:48 AM
^ Not that simple...if I'm reading your message correctly. Abusive partners exert control over their significant others by creating a cycle of dependency. Oftentimes, it begins with psychological and verbal abuse, followed by isolating an individual from his/her friends and family. When someone thinks that another person is their world and that they'd never be able to find someone else, it's amazing what they would tolerate.
 Lucky_Vet
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:16:47 PM
If one sex hits the other than its ok to hit back in self defense.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:17:32 PM
Depends on:

Why?

How many times she had already hit him?

And with what?
 Mr Bain
Msg: 133
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:18:55 PM
Depends on how big she is, as well.

If we're talking about a 5'4 woman hitting a guy 6'5 or taller, then there's really no argument.
 wjh55
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/1/2008 11:05:20 PM

On the flip side I will immediately discard any woman who has had more than one abusive relationship. That sort is *always* going to try to recreate that level of chaos and discomfort and there is nothing a woman can offer that makes that penalty worth paying.

Very true. It seems that they feed off of that drama.And if they don't get that type activity from you, they will find it somewhere else.Life is too short to deal with that problem.
 lolLori
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:56:33 AM
the balance for self-sufficiency is assumed more masculine and the dominant

this is from my previous post and I would emphasize assumed- and like to repeat do they suffer the same and go thru the same as the woman counter parts. My answer is why wouldnt they except ! they have less to fall back on from their plight unless there a secret escape for them as well. Especailly if they have children as well and power is shifted against them.
 tick tock
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 1:54:11 PM
^ Dunno about that, mate. That's some real old school thinking...but then again, wasn't it once acceptable to give the 'little lady' a slap when she was acting hysterical? Lucky buggers, they had it soooooo good!
 matchlessm
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:37:07 PM
If "okay" means legal, only if she does it to defend herself or someone else. But morally, I think a slap in the face is an appropriate response to a guy who says something that most reasonable women would consider outrageously insulting. A man would just apologize and say he deserved it. But if he's less than a man, let him charge her with battery and see if he can make it stick. He'll have a snowball's chance in Hell.
 tick tock
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:40:38 PM
^ Just so I'm reading you correctly, it's ok to lash out in anger if you're a woman? I understand what you mean because they are such delicate flowers, they can not possibly be held to the same standards that men are. That would be unfair. sniff sniff
 tick tock
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2008 2:57:14 PM
So just take a moment and try to stop the fight, difuse the istuation, and do whatever it takes to kep her from reaching the breaking point where the woman feels the NEED to hit you.

Swich the genders in this sentence and then think about how disturbing this statement really is. There is no "NEED', just pathetic excuses for an inability to control one's urges and a complete lack of accountability that is often gifted to the "fairer" sex.
 Boatguy109
Msg: 140
Posted: 4/8/2008 11:23:03 PM
I think the awnser is alot simplier then the question.......If your partner does not talk openly about issues and is a fighter......Should run out door before he/or she has chance to let that hatred out...You eithier a lover or a fighter.......Lovers talk.....Fighters hate.......So signs of a hitter should be previously known if they not talker and a fighter over anything.....It is like Barney Fife said ..nip it in the bud before eithier ever gets to hitting.....Some people like to fight......and some like peace..find out which of them they are before ever getting in postion of hitting...
 explorer132
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:23:55 PM
The act of hitting. Simply put, if it's wrong it is wrong no matter who does it. If a woman hits a guy she is opening herself up to be hit back. He won't be any less wrong then she was but self defense has its merits. If he takes her to court for assault guess what the judge will decide?

I think it's way past time we get past this one sided game of it's ok for her but not him. No one has the right to hit.
 lolLori
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 1:57:24 PM
Just as recommended councilling for men is required. I knew a girl(just friends) for quite a while we got along great. I accidently banging into her and she hit me out of the blue. Later I was finding out recent family issues had made her tense and on edge.We were still friends until we had to move. What does that mean its not right but I know shes still a nice memorable friendship.
 Mirage111
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:20:50 AM
Hitting out of anger and violence is wrong. It shows a lack of control in both sexes.
Most men physically are stronger then women hence, they should not go there. Women you know this so you should not go there.

All in all keep your hands to yourself if you are angry. Never lose your cool, it shows the other has gotten the better of you.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/16/2008 2:08:55 PM
This is a no brainer; is it ok to commit assault on someone? No. It doesn't matter what the sex.
 WeAre1
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 9:25:40 PM
so what happened?? it was here and now it's gone and been replaced with this thread from before and with many more pages. (jd- hmmm, guess you didn't do a search before you started the cloned thread, huh).....
and why was the cloned one deleted so far after the fact? perhaps it took them that long to find it and see all the swear words that had crept into it.
by the way, i would highly recommend the two posters above me keep a low profile here or else this one might go too! (giggle)
i do wish to say the other thread did lead to some reflections and if it wasn't for you two hammering your points home, i might not have gotten to see just how we push and push until the anger grows....sort of like how violence happens often.
and, for the record - no, it's not ok at all for anyone to hit another, whether man or woman, animal, child, elderly, and especially not the people you claim to love!
 tick tock
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 2:10:56 AM
^ Please explain that to your president.
 tick tock
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 3:53:28 AM
look at what all happened to my brother john, his so called woman ran his car into a tree over and over so it wouldnt run anymore...the only car he had, hit him repeateadly..damn near on daily basis, poisioned him, and many other things, I never once told him to hit her. I told him to prosecute her and leave her.

Now that's just crazy talk. It's one thing if a woman slaps you or punches you, you shouldn't hit back...let the law deal with that slut. However, if a woman did that crap to me she would be taking a dirtnap after a long and painful beating. lol
 TheEmeraldTeardrop
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/7/2008 10:12:48 AM
I don't think people should hit each other period. If it gets to that point, in my mind, the relationship is already over and it's time to go.

That being said, people here might be in denial if they think the criminal and legal ramifications are the same for men and women in this situation.

Women have a lot to lose if the situation is real. Men have far more to lose if the situation is either real or false.
 tick tock
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 2:28:10 PM

but if the man would simply hold her back until she calms down . he can press chrges on her and

1. she got to jail
2. she pay to get out

Yes, the world is really that simple. Please say hi to the Easter bunny for me.
 tick tock
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 3:14:34 PM
yes it is. use ur brain not ur hand.

You missed the point entirely. The point was that, in the great majority of cases, the cops will not take it seriously if a woman hits a man or even beats the snot out of him, so your little post about pressing charges.... pffftt...whatever. Personally, I wouldn't smoke a woman if she were hitting me, but if she was going way over the top and inflicting damage, like gouging at my eyes or kicking me where the sun don't shine, then she'll get a free hysterectomy courtesy of moi. Anyway, there are ways to block punches that inflict more pain on the attacker and that is the method that I highly recommend when dealing with a woman. You look like your merely defending, but you are chopping away at pressure points that will cause days and days of pain to the attacker.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?