Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 7 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

well if the man has any serious marks on him yes they woudl believe him. why wouldnt they?

See...you absolutely don't get it at all. Most police officers won't care even if you have bruises. First of all, they don't take it seriously and, secondly, most prosecutors couldn't be bothered with cases of women committing assault. In other words, they won't waste their time on something that most of them think is laughable and unlikely to result in lasting charges or a conviction. This is the same attitude they used to have towards cases of domestic violence over 50 years ago. They would send the poor little woman home and have a good laugh over it...think about how much things have changed since then.

a man would spend the extra effort to hold her back simply because, he is a true gentleman.

Yup, that will work real well. I've seen guys do that and get the snot beat out of them by others because they think that he has done something. Also, holding a woman can result in bruising which leads to the potential he said/she said in court ... in which case, she will undoubtedly win. The only thing that this biased system allows a man to do is cover up or run and in either case, you can still be held accountable.
 tick tock
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:05:39 PM
abuse is abuse ..does not matter if man and man or man and woman or woman and woman. the abuser will go to jail.

You keep thinking that.

tick tock in my country ...usa its true. i dont know about other countries. I didnt know john was from another country until few mintues ago.

Are you kidding me?!? hahahaha...most of our television and media comes from the US, so don't tell me it's any different down there. In fact, it is worse. Not only do women get away with infractions that they'd toss a man in jail for, the media unofficially sanctions it. Open your eyes and you'll see it for what it is. You really can't be this naive, can you??

LoonyTunz
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:35:24 PM
You really thnk he is Afghani?

In answer to the OP, no it is not okay for a woman to hit a man except in cases of self-defence or in a "rough-house" play manner. It will only lead to trouble because if the think it is "ok" because they have some right to hit people without provocation eventually they will do it to someone that will react in a way they will regret.

Maybe little boys should no longer be told not to hit girls. Rather discourage violence altogether. But If someones "little princess" thinks she can walk around indiscriminately kicking young boys in the testicles, maybe a fat lip from said boy in the schoolyard will discourage her in a way her parents and teachers obviously haven't. Less chance she'll grow up to be abusive in later life.
 tick tock
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:40:18 PM
gee i dont know if i hit another woman and she presses charges im going to jail. that is that. so no im not kidding ya. I know becasue I live here. I dont live in another country. everyday simple fights are not on tv unless its major.

Wow...you really don't even know your own country let alone the laws and the application of them. First of all, if you simply hit someone, you won't go to jail...well, unless it was a man that hit a woman. In most cases, you will be arrested if the person presses charges, but released that same day. It will be unlikely that you will go to jail on such a minor offense, unless your 'hit' caused bodily harm or death. When a woman hits a man, it is unlikely ever to even result in charges. And yes, I travel frequently to the US and have seen women slap/punch their men and nothing comes of it. I even saw it happen right in front of police officers and they just told the man to go home. The problem lies in the public perception of what is right and what is wrong. The media (especially in the US) portrays a woman hitting a man as slightly humorous. How many times have they used that in movies/tv for comedic effect? A gajillion times! However, they wouldn't dare portray the reverse in such a light...but they did 50 years ago.
 tick tock
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:50:12 PM
Water, the those incidents happened in LA and in Vegas.

And, how often would they ever press charges if someone were to do something as simple as grabbing an arm? The court system would be bogged down from here till the end of eternity. Too funny! Even in cases of a fight (between two men, for example), they might arrest both, but they are released and the likelihood of jail time...puhleeze...highly unlikely, unless there was some serious damage inflicted. Trust me, I committed assault causing bodily harm (a serious charge that shares the same section of the Criminal Code as assault with a weapon) on a guy once and that carries a minimum jail sentence. They sentenced me to one day in jail, but released me on time already served. The irony of it was that I never spent a single day in jail. Any time in police custody counts as one day served. Lol...so the fingerprinting, etc, was my time spent.
 tick tock
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:55:56 PM
You keep living in your naive little bubble, kitten. It suits you.
 tick tock
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:09:19 PM
That's ok, water, right back at ya.

Read my posts again and you will see that I used the word "unlikely". For the mere act of hitting a man, they will unlikely press charges against a woman. Does that clear things up for you waterwitch? You can believe what you want, but I'd love to hear from a real person in law enforcement on this topic. I think you'd be in for a surprise.

tick tock, no need to get shitty with me just becuase waterwitch put you in your place. you were wrong and I was right

Let me know when she puts me in my place...I'm still waiting...lol. But thanks for chiming in with your Grade 2 insults and trailer trash vocabulary. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings?
 ffryan
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:12:27 PM
No, it's never ok. It is assault. No law that I know of differentiates between who hits who. Assault is assault. There is no reason why a woman shouldn't be subjected to the same laws as a man.
 tick tock
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:29:43 PM
You aren't making sense here - and I've read too many of your posts to think you are ignorant. First you claim it's a legal issue, now you excuse it by saying men aren't likely to press charges.

Nope, I said "they will unlikely press charges", as in the police. Where did I say anything about the men not pressing charges? Although, they rarely do. You should really read it more carefully before you jump to comment. Also, you later go on to talk about situations where domestic violence has occurred...what does have to do with this? Of course, if the police are called into such a situation, then an arrest usually has to be made, usually the male, because there is now a record of the incident and the system demands that something be done. If they just happen to see a female slap a male on the street, though, it is unlikely they will do anything unless he retaliates.

Now, if you want to continue to cry foul and hope to find an audience who will feel sorry for poor little you, feel free.

Lol..you chose to read it that way because it makes you feel better about me disagreeing with you. We are merely discussing the topic at hand.

I'm irritated

This much, we are in agreement on. lol

As for hearing from someone in law enforcement, when my neighbor, a Fulton Co homicide detective gets off shift, I could go ask him to quote me the code we were just discussing last week, but I think he has better things to do than to provide you with something you choose not to believe.

I'd much rather you ask him, how often they would press charges against a woman when they saw or heard of a woman hitting a man, unless it was extremely severe and/or resulted in injuries.

Well, I'm off for the evening, but I look forward to resuming this conversation when I return. Ta ta, ladies.
 tick tock
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 2:02:23 AM

Aww I just got here
I think some men should get hit! Of course the hard part is getting them to cross in front of you during the new moon phase... on a deserted side street.
Right after they cash their paycheck...and before they make it to the tittie bar!

lol...how you doing, Indy? Long time, no see! Hehe...hopefully I'm in the passenger seat when you crash your car into said victim...that way I can feel your airbags deploy.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 3:12:20 AM

But MY point is, in the US they no longer have that option. In the instance that the police become involved in cases of domestic violence, someone goes to jail. Normally, it is the one who is least injured, or still obviously antagonistic when the police arrive. Not always. And it isn't a fair system, but it's the one we have and it's a damn sight better than what we had before. Now, if you want to continue to cry foul and hope to find an audience who will feel sorry for poor little you, feel free. I'm irritated that you seem to take such joy in arguing in circles rather than having a debate and making an effort to understand anything new.

So if your wife attacks you with a large chefs knife and you bruise her arm or cause some dwelling in her wrist in the act of disarming her. And she acts amiable once the cops show up buut you are still understandably agitated by the attack ...... who does it look like was the aggressor? Sure it is slowly changing but the system is still pretty easy to manipulate. And unlike the US system of filling up as many jails as possible, personally I'd prefer to see a shift in attitudes that ends up having less people in jail because they behave in a more acceptable manner. Things like the next quote being seen for what they are.

Aww I just got here
I think some men should get hit! Of course the hard part is getting them to cross in front of you during the new moon phase... on a deserted side street.
Right after they cash their paycheck...and before they make it to the tittie bar!

Now surely this was in jest. But if roles were reversed here how many (man or woman) would think it a good idea to advocate let's say beating a woman with a bat (comparable to a car hit) in a dark alley and robbing her before she can waste her money on shoes, even in an attempt at humour? How many people dress their kids in clothes that state "throw rocks at girls"?
The "free pass" women have gotten on violence only encourages some to commit acts they otherwise would not. There might be room for humour regarding violence but really not used among children that are still delevoping a sense of who they are and what is right or wrong (as in not really offended by that last post being an adult forum, but man if said around kids that woman would be getting an earful).
The law on paper can change quickly, attitudes shift much slower (the same thing happened with drunk driving). It can be decades before it really becomes socially unacceptable.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 4:51:32 PM
Oh great won't have any actual points from above responded to, now it moves onto just another bashfest till someone makes enough personal attacks and threats to have the thread deleted.
 JamesP166
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2008 9:34:29 PM
I am against any hitting at all - - - being 270 lb's of solid muscle - - Strength that is off of the charts - - - - If I hit anyone - - woman or man - - damage would be done - - - damage that I would regret later - - -

with this said - - - I allow my woman to hit me - - - not in a ranging fight - - but allow them to learn that hit to my chest or belly, does not effect me at all - - - even as hard as they can - -
My kids at the age of 13 to 14 used to swing frying pans as hard as they could at my belly - - all that happened was a light sting - - -

If fact when she does - I simply look at them and smile - - and this becomes part of our play - - - not a hit in anger but more of fun - - - and she seems to like the aspect that I am this strong - - impresses her - - -

other than this - - - I have never hit - - and never will and if I see a man hitting a woman - - I will step in and stop him - - NOW. and any man that hits his woman and I find out about it will no longer be my friend or someone that I want to know.

Jim P.
 catch22_
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 7:44:03 AM
only if she has high heels on....
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 3:48:25 PM
Kitten it is illegal on paper.... and yes a few police forces are starting to wise up. But for the most part the problem remains due to so many being completely uninformed as to unbiased facts rather than feminist propaganda. People are just less willing to see that some women are instigating incedents, after all how can the perpetual "victim" of beastly men ever do wrong. We've come a long way in making domestic violence toward women completely socially unacceptable...... now it is time to go the rest of the way with that ball.
 427cammer
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 4:04:31 PM
In discussions like this it is so easy for both genders to respond in an antagonistic way to the other. If I were to say that there are ten times as many murderers living in the U.S. as Canada (quite possibly as the U.S. has a ten times greater population?) it could be viewed as an inflammatory remark... and the viewer would probably be correct. When such remarks are made they are often meant to start trouble. And sometimes people forget to say "Wait a minute, I'm not a murderer... nobody could possibly have been attacking me."

Some feel that : woman hits man, man returns hit to woman - man should go to jail.
I mysef feel that the woman or both should be arrested in the above instance. It feels like an attack on me when men are labeled as more violent than women. Wait a minute... I'm not a violent man... nobody could be attacking me.

From batteredmen.com the number of victims of each gender for domestic violence in the U.S. are : 1,510,455 women and 835,000 men in one year. Statistics Canada reported that 50% of reported incidences where men are victims are reported by a third party. 22% of reported instances where women are victims are reported by a third party.

If Canadian reporting patterns are similar to the U.S. it would suggest that of all third party(neighbor, friend, family member) reported instances for the same year would be that 417,500 times where men are victims and 332,300 times where women are victims.

If anything I've wrote angers you, remember "I'm not a manbeater...nobody could possibly be attacking me."
 tick tock
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2008 4:12:52 PM
From batteredmen.com the number of victims of each gender for domestic violence in the U.S. are : 1,510,455 women and 835,000 men in one year. Statistics Canada reported that 50% of reported incidences where men are victims are reported by a third party. 22% of reported instances where women are victims are reported by a third party.
If Canadian reporting patterns are similar to the U.S. it would suggest that of all third party(neighbor, friend, family member) reported instances for the same year would be that 417,500 times where men are victims and 332,300 times where women are victims.

What this would suggest to me is that women are more likely to report when they are the victims of domestic abuse, whereas men are less likely to report it. I know, I know... no big revelation here.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:21:03 AM
TickTock of course it is not a newsflash. Would you report a mugging if you thought there was a good chance that you would end up in prison for being a victim?
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 1:26:14 PM
In any situation:
No one has the right to hit another person.
My basic #1 rule is, don't hit me and I won't hit you.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 5:35:29 PM

No? Funny that you should say that. Because, being born with a penis typically insures that youll also be born with gonads and its the gonads, as I understand it that produces the majority of testosterone. Its the testosterone that acts as a natural pain inhibitor.

Yeahhhhhh that makes sense, it must be why men are the ones that give birth to offspring. Where on earth do you get your "scientific" information? Testosterone does not dull response to pain, it can affect aggression. Perhaps you were thinking of adrenaline and the fight or flight response? Last I checked women too have adrenal glands.
Come back and lets discuss pain after you have taken a hard hit to your exposed gonads.
It is time to stop making excuses for female abusers and/or belittling male recipients. It shows very little thought and even less common sense or compassion.
 painter0070
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:22:46 PM
Is it ok for a dog to pee on your leg?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:46:34 PM

Have you been abused by a woman loonytunz? I'm just curious because you have so little compassion for women being victims of violence.

I know so many men that strongly oppose a violent act being committed towards a woman. The fact that you don't sympathize at all with a female victim worries me.

If I took a guess, I'd say that you don't have a daughter. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters. Even at 8 and 12, the boys think hurting a woman is wrong. The girls think hurting anyone is wrong.

what planet are you from? The thread is "Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?" My answer is clearly "no it is not". This is not a thread asking "is it okay to hit a woman?" I have replied in threads such as that with the same answer that it is unacceptable.

Hey guess what I strongly oppose violence as a solution period. But I'm not going to let anyone start smacking me around man or woman because they feel entitled by some victim-complex either.

Oh and I do have a daughter and a son and they would both get the same punishment for hitting the other with no regard to the sex of the child. Why would I want to teach my daughter that it is okay for her to act like a little barbarian while telling my son it is not okay for him?
I would question why you chose not to teach your own boys that hitting "anyone" is wrong rather than it is just wrong to hit girls though?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:09:34 PM
kitten don't be blindly antagonistic.

Its nurture vs nature and nurture should be stronger. I don't care if men have testosterone. They shouldn't hit women. I don't care if men are stronger. They shouldn't be hit by women because of this.

Do share with us (and show everyone why you would make such a lovely date) wht exactly is foolish about this?
 tick tock
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 5:11:37 AM
Can I hit you, Kitty? Just kidding! You crazy, girl.
 tick tock
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:15:35 AM
Love ya too, Kitten... Hope your kids do something extra special for you today. The really sad part is that I was getting smashed in a bar today when my favourite waitress, Amanda, told me that she was going to spend today with her mother. I was wondering why and she reminded me that it's Mother's Day. DOH!!! I can not believe that I totally forgot!! Now I have to do the last minute online flower thingy and send an e-card ( I know, how tacky!). Anyway, I already bought her a trip to Mexico, she just doesn't know it yet.

PS. Happy Mothers Day, Kitten! Hope you treat yourself to something extra special today. I know I can be an a-hole at times, but I wish you well. Go to a spa or something. Send me the bill ...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?