Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 8 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I just need you to kiss my dice to bring me luck. Seriously, I can't believe you haven't been to Vegas yet!!! I go there at least once a year....not necessarily to gamble, but just to experience the whole thang...if you know what I mean.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:51:25 AM
Definition of irony

<div class="quote">cuban are you psycho or something. my mother and I celebrated it a day early. if thats a problme for you im really sorry. its in past tense becuase it was over for me and my mom since it was celebrated early. duh . someone who just purposedly attacks somene for no reason has really got problems. seek help cubanguy. I can see why ur still single. Your personality and charm just shines right through.

Sad thing is Neither "Thelma" nor "Louise" likely see much wrong with attacking men either verbally or physically for their views (Oh they'll deny it here, but one has already stated in a previous thread that she thought it her god give right to "shoot a man for slapping her", antagonising other posters and even threattened to pay one a visit to see if she could provoke him into hitting her ...... you know so she could shoot him).

EDIT: OT good idea ticktock, I should see if the single mom I know that moved back here recently would like a gratis spa trip. I'll even keep her little girls out of trouble while she relaxes.
Both of you seem to have run into abusive situations. That does not make every man an abuser, nor does it give anyone the right to hit another because of your irrational fear. If anything broadcasting that fear only makes you a more likely target for the few animals that engage in this behaviour (ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?).
Perhaps we should demand as a people that "womens shelters" change their names to "abuse shelters" and accept both mothers/kids aswell as fathers/kids if they wish to keep getting federal and provincial monies. The only arguement that I can see is "whaaaaa but these women are afraid of men" .... pffft so? They have no rational reason to fear a man that has been abused or the over 90% of men who have never abused a soul in their lives. And it would be much more cost effective than paying for both mens and womens shelters especially in smaller communities. After all I do recall right in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, that discrimination based on creed, colour, sex, religion etc is expressly forbidden.
 WeAre1
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 9:49:49 AM
off topic - why is there a private conversation or two going on nearly this whole page??? isn't that what emailing and chatting is for?

LoonyTunz
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:19:01 AM
trouble makers ='s people that can stick to a topic, and use facts?

WeAre1, what is your take on the latest actual on topic posts. Curious to hear views from the western part of out country.
 WeAre1
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:39:33 AM
Loony, I have never changed what I have said on this issue on this thread, or the other cloned thread on the exact same subject where we all battled until we could no more because, as you know, it disappeared in front of our very eyes!

I believe it is never acceptable or justifiable for anyone to hit for any reason anyone else - and that includes men, women, children, elderly, or animals.

I also believe the consequences for any adult woman or man who breaks that basic code should be treated equally. For those defending themselves and/or their children or anyone who is being attacked physically, I think self protection and preventing death and further 'damage' is what we instinctually do if we are able, so very hard to stop it in those cases and I'm not sure what consequences would be applicable then.

I do know, though, we (meaning humanity) MUST learn alternative ways to handle our frustration, anger, disagreements, uncontrolled rage and drug or alcohol related 'fits' rather than to take it out on each other....whether it be physical or verbal hits.

And, by the way, I don't live on the west coast of Canada or the States.....but as far east as you can get on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.....so I hope that doesn't discount your asking my opinion.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:54:41 AM
Well that is a very reasonable stance. And my bad for some reason I must have confused you with a different poster on your location. And your opinion isn't discounted based on location lol. It was just a curiousity of mine, being that BC (our west coast province) is well known for very liberal while right next to it Alberta is one of our most conservative provinces. Those attitudes might have some bearing on how people view the subject.
 WeAre1
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 12:16:15 PM
What? I have never reported a thread or person to be deleted. What made you think I did it? and I'm sorry this is an off topic question, but I am really shocked you wrote that and can only assume you did because you think that's the truth.

I really try and do as I say....honest. I really try and respect everybody...even you, I hope you know.

My thoughts on why it was deleted was because a moderator read it and found all the swear words and purposeful insults and that is against the forum rules.

And just because you are finished talking on a thread, Kit, does not mean everybody else is, necessarily.

Edit to add: I see below it was a misunderstanding.....though read your post and I think you'll see how I thought that's what you meant. (OH, wait - I just re-read it and now I realize what you meant - you think I'm the ultra antagonistic one around here...I see...and yes, I have been harsh with you.) By the way, I LOVE seeing people getting along...it just seemed so FAR removed from the thread, I felt I was eavesdropping reading it, that's all.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2008 3:31:11 AM

loonytunz says, ...where on earth do you get your scientific facts?
/
From the scientific community that has added to the fact that adrenaline is a pain inhibitor and heres a newsflash for you... Men dont have babies! Albeit, women may also produce testosterone naturally.

Go back and read your OWN post where you claim that testosterone is a pain inhibitor. With statements like that questioning the sources of information used is pretty legitimate. And yes I was quite aware that most women produce small amounts of testosterone aswell.
Then re: cubanguy's post, is it deliberate misinterpretation or did you really not get his point? I am pretty positive at no time did he say it was okay to hit anyone because your ego was bruised (man OR woman). But it is preposterous to assume that one should be able to do just that and never consider that one day it may be returned in kind. You have heard the "live by the sword, die by the sword" thing right? If you don't want violence, don't use it yourself.
Y'All are aware that both hate and respect "bounce" I hope. If you hate and hit someone long enough eventually they will feel the same and act the same toward you, yet if you show that person the same kind of respect of person you would like to recieve yourself chance are pretty good that you'll get that back aswell.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 3:07:17 AM

re: testosterone... Sir, I understand that you may request me to cite my sources. I would if it made a difference to my pose. But, it has little bearing on my argument. Typical men / boys worldwide choose sports that are brutal, as this entertains them. So, if we deny that testosterone is a factor... Its still a fact that these typical-male activities desensitizes the players. The (fill-in-the-blank) that draws the male gender to develop a typical aggressive male lifestyle serves to provide a man with an ever increasing pain-threshhold, rising with each stimulating event. Therefore they're conditioned by desire (this drive) to interact with brutal circumstances and hurt less.

Sorry but this justification to hit guys hold no water at all. As anyone with an education in human biology, sociology, and psychology will tell you. Men do NOT hurt less when hit, they've simply been socialized to not show it and really females have a higher natural pain threshold. Not that this would justify hitting a woman either.

So if you would like to use your gender as a special protection against consequences of immature and illegal behaviour please return to the 50's the 1850's that is and leave your right to vote, drive, own property and so on at the door. After all you can't have equality in "just the things we want" without the responsibility that goes along with it.
 ManeRider
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:02:58 PM
The answer is still a resounding no.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2008 3:24:08 PM

You Sir, dont play fair. As you created an imaginary argument to take exception to. Ive only joined this topic on page 32 and its easy to verify that I never made such a statement: "Sorry but this justification to hit guys... " -is something that you pulled out of thin air. If you use this same tactic in relationships then youll always be to busy chasing ghosts to address those real issues that require attention.

Well if making a false statement that males have a higher pain threshold in a forum debating whether or not any woman has a right to hit guys (without consequences) isn't an attempt at "justification". then just what the hell was it and where is the point?
As for my relationship status you should not that I have no troubles with any of my current girlfriends. Unlike yourself I am not single . Care to re-assess that last bit of "logic"?

loonytunz says, ...and leave your right to vote...
/
Sir, if I allow you to dictate how I am to live free... I dont deserve freedom. On the other hand... Why do you think its OK to try and tell any woman what freedoms she may have?

Let me answer with a question first. Why do YOU feel you or any woman has the right to hit or beat others without repercussions?
Fine you state your rights and I will state one of mine........... NO ONE may assault me. If they do then they had best be prepared to accept whatever consequences there may be(I would suggest reading the whole thread as we had a pair of bird-brains chiming in with idiocy right upto the point where you did join the thread.)

Yes I can! ...Thats whats exciting about freedom. One may pick and choose what works for them. As for understanding what responsibilities accompany what rights ...thats also a matter thats better left to the discretion of the liberated party to decide.

Once again you are incorrect. "One" can't do jack. Unless that "one is a MAJORITY in a democratic society, and yu my dear are not a majority. Luckily most women are sensible enough to know that even if the current enforcement of laws favours them that violence is really not a smart way to settle anything other than a direct attack on their person.
"Liberated party", Do you mean liberated women? And how does this work in your world? You can ignore laws or responsibilities of the road when behind the wheel if "as a liberated person" you don't feel obligated to abide by the majority decision? That makes absolutely no sense. And if you answered "no" to the last question, what make illegal violence domestic or otherwise different under your pink skied world view?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2008 4:03:34 PM
I disagree John, there are good points to both conservative women that choose a "traditional" role for themselves, and for liberal women that make different choices...... The acid test is whether or not they have any level of personal accountabilty. Don't be put off liberal women on account of a few hateful shrews that claim that badge "incorrectly to I'd add), most are nothing like that.

Back on topic, review this thread and see if your views change at all (the few hold out that think female barbarism is acceptable)
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9945667.aspx
 Seasideman
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2008 12:04:55 PM
Fisrt of all, under no circumstances should a man hit a woamn in any fashion in anger, an nor should a women hit a man, I have been swung at an ducted an have missed ducting an got cold****d, but that does not give me the right or justification to hit her. adults who were taught correctly will walk away from this, calm down an come back to the issues later, if you can not resolve it then get help! but fighting dose not solve anthing!
 nicklazaro
Msg: 190
Posted: 5/24/2008 7:20:35 PM
This happen to me on my last relationship ,and i would just look at her and ask her why she thinks she can hurt me phyically ,eventually i left, first i thought maybe it was my fault because how could i question anything she is doing wrong to the relationship .It was my fault i guess to think i can make her feel safe with me, and change her out look on men ,thinking i can let her see what a real man can give her, i was dead wrong man ,was i wrong and i lost a year and a half trying to make her see that i was a good guy, and yes ladies it is shameful to us and dishearting .
 Kate_87
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:24:40 PM
As a woman myself, I HATE seeing females hit men. It's disgusting, downgrading and says alot about your character and so forth.

If it's playful or as a joke with no intent to injure or humiliate for the purpose of 'I can get away with it cause I have a uterus', then yeah.

My best friend Adrian (not real name) was constantly slapped, hit and just generaly abused by his ex. One night she hit him REALLY hard and I'd had enough of it. I smacked her so hard across the head and knocked her on her arse .

Shocked she asked what I did that for and I just simply replied "Well, how does it feel? Should I go for the face next or are you done being the slap-happy f**k you are?"

Needless to say he dumped her a few days later and her and I are no longer friends. Adrian could have retaliated and a few times I told him to show her what it's like, instead it took me to give her a dose of her own medicine to knock some sense into her and apprently (this coming from people who still talk to her) she hasn't hit her current b/f so far.

I also feel ashamed that I had to stoop to her level to get her to stop, I've never hit another person in anger and I never have wanted to.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2008 4:50:13 PM

I intially joined this topic thinking that the OP was referencing a heated domestic issue that quickly went south. Not, repeat offenders!

And how many men that hit women (other than in self-defence) do you think have a "one-time incident" rather than being repeat offenders?

Just recalled an ex co-worker of mine. She was an angry lesbian bar bouncer. Sure alot of guys could have put her on her back had they not restrained themselves, but there were also alot that didn't have a chance. Her last live-in girlfriend (considerably smaller) eventual left over issues of violence and aggression. Surely you don't suggest that anyone living near her should put up with being assaulted by her and not defend themselves.
Take gender right out of the equation. Then you can see the most sensible course of action.
 borntoski683
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 12:25:44 AM

Is it ok for a woman to hit a man?

Is this a trick question? Of course its not ok. Its not ok for any adult to hit another adult. Period.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 3:00:45 PM

no, you need to stop speaking for all these men out there. so far you r the only one speaking . and you are wrong, i get the feeling that if women did not call the police about someone like you, then you would feel it your place to be physically abusive. after all, you even said"men have the upper hand in physical abuse" look, just drop the issue. you are one of thos scary ones, please drop it,, it is getting nowhere.

No he was the only one to bother answering an obviously illogical person so far.
Your friend in what you describe as a minor way (but with how people handle female violence who knows what really went down) assaulted someone for something they said. Does that strike you as the best response on any level? SHE stayed in a situation SHE wasn't happy with, and SHE tried to resolve her frustrations physically. SHE could have left as she isn't being held against her will or if she chooses wait till she has settled down and then try to resolve the issue like an ADULT, with communication.
Further although I hate to generalize, I will say that MOST men will never engage in the sort of mind game you describe. The majority are pretty direct, which is why we just don't get the question "what did you mean when you said...?". Usually we mean exactly what we just said so then assume it must be a vocabulary issue.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 4:02:20 PM
Get over yourself, I nowhere called you any names.
As for "fed up" ..... so she lashed out like an undisciplined child, we get it. You can blindly excuse her actions if you wish, even as you admit that in such a situation she should have made for the door instead. But expect to be called on it, as some of us don't put up with perpetuating stereo-types.
I'll spoon feed you if I must but if you say it over again and use just "one person/another person" in telling your anecdote rather than "man/woman" you should figure it out on your own.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 4:22:37 PM
Subject: harrassment Sent Date: 5/27/2008 740 PM

you continue to harrass me i can report you, some men are good, obviously you are of the latter. you need to be one of those sitting in jail,.... you email me again i will report you

Report away sunshine.
PS future whiny e-mails from you are blocked.

Did you know that some women think men should be imprisoned for having the audacity to verbally disagree with them? Wow, and I thought the troglodytes that go around hitting people for what they say were the worst threat. Seems I can still be proven wrong
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 4:30:32 PM
ok I want to get back to the subject please???

It is not ok for anyone to use violence against anyone else. The only other comment I would make is that with men though because they are usually much stronger in their upper body usually they will cause more damage than a women when hitting. That does not excuse a woman to hit though.. and I am not excusing a woman hitting.

The more recent domestic violence laws where the police can lock up both parties is a good idea especially when both are showing signs of being battered...IMHO

I agree with Rock's assessment also. I think there are women who try to push the envelope .. when I a man is just trying to get the heck outa the area so he won't lose his cool and the woman blocks his exit.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:24:14 PM
Rebuttal: Never once anywhere have I even suggested that women are inferior or idiots.
When it comes to individuals........ If the shoe fits...

Praire insisted that "what she hears" was grounds to gender-bash, so she was called on it.
Kitten you were threatening(smith&wesson and paying him a visit ring any bells) another poster for having a conflicting view to your own then later admitted that you yourself raise your daughter to hit guys and to expect to hide behind her labia as a justification for why she should behave that way and expect zero repercussions.

If any of you have anything to contribute that makes it worthwhile for someone find a fault with my statement that "you remove gender references from the situation entirely" then make your decision on what course of action is called for, by all means do so. Otherwise you are just chatting again and we have a zero tolerance policy on forums in effect recently . Buh-bye posting priveledges if you can't stay ON TOPIC.
 aintnopixie
Msg: 199
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:47:28 PM
Ok i am not going 2 lie and say i have never hit my exs. It is quite the contray. I have sat on BOTH sides of the fence. And now dont get me wrong i am ashamed of what i have done in my past i want to change the person i have let myself become. But now for my view it isnt ok for anyone to be vilent towards anyone else especally someone they love. When i was 16 i was in a very abusive relation ship i obviously got out of it fine however when i was 20 i became the abuser. My ex yes treated me like crap but when i found out my 24 yr old bf left me 4 a 17 yr old highschool kid. I went so far as 2 atempt 2 choke him. Then when i relized i had become what i hated i felt alot of remorce but i will hand it to my ex he never hit me back. But that action i will not repeat because at that moment i felt lower than dirt. So i will stand by what i say no one should hit any one. Never
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 201
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:36:44 PM
NEVER !!!!!! - Physical violence is for morons. A woman can use words to cut a man off at the knees instead.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?