Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wisguyingb
Msg: 243
why dont men date pregnant women?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
No way would I ever date a pregnant woman. If a pregnant woman is out on the prowl looking for men. That in itself kinda explains why she is pregnant and single in the first place. Big, huge, giant, red flag. I don't think I would want to get mixed up with a broad like that.

Heck, even single mommies worry me. Why on earth would I or any other self respecting man want to provide for another mans children? Especially if that other man is a jobless loser. Kinda shows bad judgement on the behalf of the female. Its almost like buying a penny stock. The risk out weighs the gain.

Simple as that.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 245
why dont men date pregnant women?
Posted: 6/23/2008 4:28:29 PM
If she was a widow, then maybe... yes.

But more then likely not. Its just kinda creepy in the end.
 Sardonis
Msg: 247
Posted: 6/23/2008 4:37:28 PM
Wow, I see a lot of dumb questions from clueless women. But this one really takes the cake.

Pregnant women should not drink, smoke or date. Pregnant women need only to be concerned with giving a succesful birth to a healthy baby.

And honestly, I can't imagine a bigger turn off or any date more embarrassing than a woman impregnated with another man's baby.
 jm0405
Msg: 251
Posted: 7/26/2008 1:23:02 PM
Ok....here's why I wouldn't date a man while I was pregnant:
1. Too fat. There's nothing a person can do about that. But going from 115 pounds to 170 - YIKES - Sorry, but there's some ego sliding going on here.

2. It's hot in the summer when you're pregnant. There is no way you can look attractive, feel good about yourself, the weather, the news, the world, let alone some man!

3. I was thinking more along the lines of setting up the baby's room, diapers, clothes, diaper bags, strollers, bottles, blankets, crib, sheets, toys, etc. Think about dating? Never crossed my mind actually cause I had baby-on-the-brain.

4. I was separated from my husband, not divorced. We planned on getting divorced after the baby was born so he would have insurance when he was born. I am a stickler for NO ADULTERY. So date while I am separated but married while carrying a baby? No thank you!! Think of what kind of impression that would leave on a man. Not a good one - definitely no impression filled with respect. And what guy would want to deal with my ex-husband? We parted amicably and my husband never saw his son, however, while I was pregnant nobody knew what the future would bring. It's like deal with one thing and then another....don't bring in some innocent guy from the outside into potential drama.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 253
Posted: 7/26/2008 2:56:48 PM
1. Don't you women see that asking a guy to take care of your child from now until it turns 18 goes way beyond having slept with someone else.

It goes way beyond a night or a decade of infidelity.

It is a MAJOR LONG TERM LEGAL OBLIGATION. Depending on jurisdiction, it starts from 1 year after you move in or the date of marriage (which ever is earlier) and doesn't end until the child turns 18 (23 if the child pursues post secondary education). And pre-nuptial agreements mean nothing to child support, because neither the mother nor the child can give up his rights to child support.

Only the most irresponsible short-sighted poorly educated man would go out of his way to seek such a situation for himself.

2. Taking unfair advantage of some poor pregnant woman's desperate financial and emotional state for my own sexual satisfaction just isn't something I'd do.

Can a woman even be legally considered to have freely consented to sex with a stranger in that state? What is the boundary between taking advantage of a desperate pregnant woman for a sex and being a date rapist? Or is it the same thing.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 254
Posted: 7/26/2008 3:07:29 PM

Only the most irresponsible short-sighted poorly educated man would go out of his way to seek such a situation for himself.

I should add, with an infant or pregnant woman.

If the child is (say) 12 and up, and the father is stable and paying child support, future child support is a tiny issue. The younger the child, the greater the chance of the natural father becoming unable to pay child support, and the greater the chance later co-habitators and former co-habitators of the mother getting stuck with child support.

There are a lot of variables and emotions in looking a single mothers once a man gets to know them. I have no hard rule.

But with a pregnant woman, point 2 in my earlier post rules out having sex with a pregnant woman.
 abelian
Msg: 255
Posted: 7/26/2008 4:07:38 PM
I have a hard time understanding how anyone could even ask that question. I'm 44 and have no children. If I wanted a pregnant girlfriend, I would have gotten one pregnant. I would have to wonder about a woman who has gotten pregnant and can't even wait until the baby is born and she gets her life organized with the father before she's back out dating.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 257
Posted: 7/26/2008 11:51:34 PM
I was pretty amazed that the question was even asked, then more amazed at how many responses there were, top that with the many times this has been a topic.

I wouldn't even consider dating when pregnant except to the father. Is this a serious issue or just some silly thought that popped into someone's head?

I don't know about men but as a woman I absolutely had no desire to date while pregnant.

Boy these forums are enlightening AND entertaining!
 Lookin4LoveInLV
Msg: 259
Posted: 7/27/2008 5:04:20 AM
I once dated a woman who was pregnant. She said she was only going out with me 'cause she had a fight with her boyfriend. I told her next time she has a fight with her boyfriend, he should knock her 'down'.
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 262
Posted: 7/27/2008 7:26:57 AM
I was just curious as to why a question with as obvious an answer as this one, has been continuing on 14 pages worth of dialogue
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 265
Posted: 7/27/2008 11:16:17 PM
Ok....perhaps I'm assuming facts not in evidence here.....If I got the woman pregnant, yes, of course I'd date her during the pregnancy....and have....three times. If another man got the woman pregnant.....well.....duh.....of course I wouldn't attempt to date her....I'd think she has her "plate" full.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 268
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:48:47 AM
I can think of a few reasons I wouldn't date a pregnant lady. These are just my opinions.

Lets break this into catagories first...
a. She married someone and he dies.
No problem, I'll buy flowers, candy and gladly take care of the baby as my own.

b. she gets invovled with someone and they marry, then he gets her pregnant and leaves her alone.
See solution to a.

c. She gets tired of him, decides that she can do better on her own, and kicks him out.
I'll never date her. She is unrelaiable, untrustworthy, and when the chips are down, she will think of herself first every time.

d. She goes out on a date, gets all bothered and sleeps with the guy. He is not really "dad" material.
I'll never date her. She is willing to take a chance on giving a crappy, single parent or revolving parent life to a child. She is not able to resisit her own urges, which is one thing that makes us humans instead of animals, and she expects someone else to take her in, raise the kid, and all of this knowing that she will more than likely have another kid by someone else down the road.

The thing is self respect. I have some.
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 269
Posted: 7/28/2008 10:31:02 AM
It's not you, it's your government...eager to use you and especially your offspring as a means to steal from us, illegally seize our possessions and, in general, invade our privacy and F up the rest of our lives.

Or are those lame reasons?
 ahron9985
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/3/2008 5:32:12 AM
I'm sooo surprised about all the replies to this question!!!

I LOVE pregnant women, haha. I guess you could say I have a kind of "pregnancy fetish" ha ha.

Girls little hormonal moodiness sessions are kind of cute too really ha ha. I’m not making fun of them, I mean it, I really find them cute!!
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 271
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:26:32 AM
Not to break the cycle of the small minded people...but this small minded person wants to know if any of these cowboys, that speak so boldly and UNAFRAID of dating the pregnant, thought about what they are gonna do once the baby is born??...Does she then lose her allure?...Do they toss her aside and look for ANOTHER of the aimless wandering, and the all alone pregnant, that seem to fill our citie's streets these days?
 Yeuxbleu86
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:29:17 PM
Easy,

they don't want to pay child support.

Next question.
 Ignoble
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 7:49:44 PM
RE: First post.

Well the obvious answer is... that's a lot of baggage. lol

I don't get it though, Ive dated a pregnant woman, 5 months along. I like pregnant women personally. ^_^
 Vyper®
Msg: 277
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:42:27 PM
I know Brad had better watch his back!!! I don't care whether she's pregnant or not!!
 staffycrackers
Msg: 279
Posted: 8/5/2008 7:13:00 AM
Are you serious? You really want to know why men won't date pregnant women? Come on stop pulling our legs here! You can't be that naive can you?
 canusatisfymoi
Msg: 280
Posted: 8/5/2008 1:52:22 PM
Preggo and dating lol to funny.
 brianontario20
Msg: 283
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:31:35 AM
i want to start this with saying i have a god son, i was there a hour after he was born, was there the entire pregnancy for my friend

That being said i could not date a pregnant woman. I just dont think i could get over her carrying someone else's kid.
Now i dont know a time line, like if i was dating someone for 4 months and not knowing and was very attached...(some girls say they dont know for 4 months which i find bs but apparently it happens in some cases) it would complicate things .... but if a girl came up to me first date and told me she was pregnant i would have to remain friends. She is about to enter a world of moodswings, stress, total body change, and once she has the kid would have little to no time for me.

After seeing how my friends have been pregnant i could not picture having that 3 month "honey moon" where everything you do is new and exciting... based around her being pregnant with someone elses kid
 Nao_Namorado
Msg: 284
Posted: 8/6/2008 9:38:55 AM

I don't know about men but as a woman I absolutely had no desire to date while pregnant.
From a man's perspective, I don't want to date when I'm pregnant, either!
 STH III
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:39:27 PM
did someone really ask this question?
 bushguy
Msg: 288
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:19:20 AM
Hell, I would date a pregnant woman. After all she may just want or need affection or just someone to rub her back or feet. Just because you take her out to dinner or a movie dosen't make her need you as her childs dad. be nice and considerate guys stop trying to read between the lines all the time. I personally think Preganant women are absolutley beautiful!
 AlwaysAgain
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:33:33 AM
Becuase they are pregnant with another man's child!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >