Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 380
Circumcised vs Un-Circumcised...Page 6 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Little toes are needed to balance. Foreskins are not needed at all, and serve to do nothing more than kee the head of the penis damp and a breeding ground for bacteria. Men who are uncut have to take extra care every day of their lives to prevent yeast and other little nasties from growing in there, and to be honest, the men that I have known who were uncut disliked the trouble and either did not bother with it, and suffered, or wished that they had had the circumcision done as a baby, because they feared the pain as an adult. I am sure there are men out there who just love the fact that they still have their foreskins, but it is easier to remain clean and yeast free when circumcised, and that is just medical fact.
A female circumcision is a totally different procedure, it is not at all like removing the foreskin, it removes the clitoris, which would be like removing the entire head of the penis. Female circumcision prevents the woman from achieiving orgasm, and has no health benefits. The male circumcision causes no sexual problems and has very notable health benefits.
Fact is, in my partner, I prefer a circumcised penis. I like the look, the feel, the way you don't have to pull back the foreskin for them to have any sensation from the tongue during oral sex, and I can see what I'm working with, no hidden 'cheese'. ICK!!!
Can't argue with medical facts, though, and over 2,000 years of circumcisions haven't hurt the population growth, now have they?
Beth
 That_girl*
Msg: 381
Circumcised vs Un-Circumcised...
Posted: 7/22/2009 5:46:13 PM
now thats speakin it how it shoulda been spoken,,GoodWitchBeth

i agree an you are correct couldnt have said it any better myself..

with uncut you have the the ugly turtle head poking out

females being "cut" an males being "cut" are 2 differant things 2 differant procedures as she exsplained..

the ugly term is head cheese the crap that lies beneath an uncut penis..

as much as some men say O if you wash an keep things clean then there's no problem well guess what everybody doesn't wash or clean up after them selves there some nasty folks out here,, let alone some guys don't even bother wiping thier own asses or showering an washing balls an ass.. so ya infections an bacteria will definalty happen an grow regardless..
 tronvillain
Msg: 382
Posted: 7/22/2009 6:12:12 PM
Wow, the discussion never ends does it? I am just glad I live in a country where circumcision is rapidly becoming extinct. There is no good argument for circumcision: the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS)'s neonatal circumcision policy since 1975 has been that there is no medical indication for male neonatal circumcision. As for arguments like looks... does it really matter what the flacid penis looks like? Cut or uncut, it looks pretty silly. And fully erect (which is when it really matters) there usually isn't that much difference.

And the cleanliness argument is just silly. You are going mutilate millions of babies (killing a few of them in the process) because the occasional idiot doesn't wash? Wow, that is just incredibly poor thinking. Hell, you don't even need to wash to stay relatively clean - give the foreskin a pinch while urinating and it will be rinsed clean. Not very palatable obviously, but clean enough to avoid any build up. The foreskin isn't really any more of a "breeding ground" for bacteria any more than a mouth or a vagina, and almost no one suggests surgically altering those to dry them our and toughen them.
 manchester81
Msg: 384
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:47:29 PM
It is pretty simple: If the health benefits of circumcision were all that notable, routine circumcision would be recommended by paediatricians. It isn't. Likewise, if it was a risky procedure, or it seriously impacted your ability to enjoy sex, no doctors would perform it, but few seem to mind.

So let people make their choice. A lot of the arguments I have heard for and against circumcision are really stupid.

For example:

The HIV articles are often taken out of context. Circumcision is a last resort effort for populations who refuse to acknowledge how aids is spread, thus sleep around where there 1 in 4 that their new partner will HIV, and they do it without a condom. Circumcision would likely have less of an effect on HIV rates in western countries.

The cleanliness argument is also silly. I would question the sexual health of a guy who can't be bothered to clean himself. If you aren't even soaping up, who is to say what kind of infections you are missing or ignoring?

But the anti-circumcision crowd should learn to accept that women have preferences and are entitled to them. If a woman likes a cut guy, let her find one. Would you tell a girl who prefers taller men that she is wrong to have that preference? I guess this is POF.....

And for god's sake, stop comparing it to female genital mutilation.

Anyway, this debate was a lot more fun when it was shown on Seinfeld:

"He circumcised my finger!"
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 385
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:11:07 PM
If you don't understand that it is more work to keep an uncut man clean than a cut man, go work in a nursing home as an aide for a bit, and do genital care for both. You will find that an uncut man requires the foreskin to be pulled back, checked and wiped with warm soapy water, or a disinfecting material several times a day to prevent buildup. Squeezing a bit of urine under the foreskin each time you urinate is not sanitary, that is just putting ammonia under the foreskin, which then in turn requires you to once again wash the head of the penis, as ammonia is an irritant to the sensitive flesh. Keep that up, and you will become raw, opening up yourself for even more potential infections. The skin underneath the foreskin is thin and sensitive. It stays healthier when clean and dry. The vagina is a completely different story. It has a natural ph balance that must also be maintained to prevent yeast infections and other types of infections. That is one reason that women are told NOT to douche anymore. Just like women who have problems maintaining vaginal balance should not take tub baths, it introduces bacteria into the vaginal canal, as well as into the urethra.
If you are worried about the risks of circumcising your newborn son, have it done in a reputable hospital, with a local anesthetic, by a good doctor. I have seen it done, it takes only a moment, with very little pain, and saves a lifetime of trouble for the man. I have several friends who had circumcisions after they were older, and even though they had local anesthetic, they suffered quite a bit during the healing process, whereas babies do not seem to have hardly any afteraffects. They return to normal behavior, nursing, playing, sleeping almost immediately afterwards.
No, it is not life or death. Plenty of men go through their life uncut. But from my personal experience with patients, friends and lovers, I would definitely choose to circumcise my son, should I have one. As a parent, I believe I would be doing my child a favor by making this decision for him. This is my opinion. You are welcome to yours, even if you disagree.
Beth
 Schumi_fan
Msg: 388
Posted: 7/23/2009 4:14:28 AM
I have done my research and even Dr's today know its not needed any longer. As a mother you could easily under the foreskin but its obvious you goodwitchbeth and that_girl* are are two fat lazy mothers who can't take care of their kids correctly and shouldn't
be allowed to even raise kids. What does your sexual preference have to do with your son's foreskin, unless as someone else stated you intend to have sex with your sons? And I don't care if male circumcision and female circumcision are two different things, they are both unnecessary and if a boy has his genitals mutilated then so should girls. You don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot do you? You're ok with abusing little boys but not little girls. How come? Women like you need to get with the times and realize circumcision isn't even practiced in most hospitals today. As for your sexual partners I doubt either one of you have to worry about if a male is uncut or cut as any sane male would have to be drunk or high to want to have sex with you two tubbies. Your medical facts are wrong also fatties as most hospitals won't even do male circumcisions anymore cause they know it can cause alot of problems later on. If either of you were any kind of mother you would be against mutilating your baby son's but your archaic view on life just shows everyone what uneducated people you actually are. As for the 'cheese' reference, christ most yeast infections come from women because you don't even know how to keep your own clam clean and think just washing the outside gets rid of all the fishy cheesy stink and gunk up inside there. Women like you two shouldn't even be allowed to have kids.
 Schumi_fan
Msg: 389
Posted: 7/23/2009 4:21:03 AM
I don't think you have to worry about having kids anyway GoodWitchBeth because as I said before, a man would have to be really desperate, high or drunk to want to sleep with you. I can just imagine the lowlife scum you attract. You should let your son make the decision when he's older to be circumcised or not. Why don't you go volunteer to a female circumcision and see how brave you are then you hypocrite.
 wravyn
Msg: 392
Posted: 7/24/2009 2:47:42 AM
Honestly, I have a preference for uncircumcized. It goes along with my dislike of plastic surgery (with the exception of reconstructive surgery). I think it's wrong to butcher a boy even for hygienic reasons. As long as the guy cleans under the foreskin, then there's no real problem.

The way I see it: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If men were meant to be circmsized, then they'd come out that way.
 Schumi_fan
Msg: 397
Posted: 7/24/2009 7:41:55 AM
how about you get your clit snipped BBW 4 U
 ted61
Msg: 405
Posted: 7/24/2009 10:25:15 AM
First of all. Unless they have had their clitoral hood removed, EVERY woman here HAS a FORESKIN covering her clit! Obvioulsy, if you don't know this, you must never clean it. (how would you clean something you don't know exists?)

Lets get some facts. The head of a penis is DRY, It has no mucus glands like a vagina. So the foresking would be over a dry head. Much less conditions for odor.
Being external and without mucus secretions, cleaning a penis is very easy. Lets go to a drugstore. LOTS of feminine Deoderants. NO penis deoderants. Why do you think that is?

As far as looks. Have you women taken a good look at your own sex "parts?" Wrinkled up and shriveled looking "meat curtains" that hang out like hemmoroids. There are plastic surgery procedures to make a **** look better. None that I know of for a penis. Again, why do you think that is.

As far as infections, lets go to the drugstore again. Good selection for vaginal infections and problems. None for a penis. Why do you think that is?

Lets face it ladies, you got a defective piece of engineering. If nature didn't instill such a strong urge for men to procreate, you wouldn't be able to give that thing away! lol
 tallshyman
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 11:01:23 AM
My penis is not that sensitive when I am having sex but after I have sex my penis gets super sensitive then I want to have more sex.
 ted61
Msg: 409
Posted: 7/24/2009 11:50:29 AM
Miss, The clitorial hood covers the clit, hence the name "hood." and don't you think the foreskin is attached to the penis?

The end of the foreskin is open and in lots of males does not completely cover the head. Some urine and secretions get under the skin and cause odor but there is far less potential odor than the labia between the outer lips constantly bathed in mucus from the vagina. (warm, moist and dark) In your rebuttal you haven't explained why the disparity between feminine deoderants and penile deoderants. (lots of feminine deoderants, NO penile deoderants) Some women must think they need them or they wouldn't be making them.)

I tell it like the impartial observer I am. I tell it like it is.
 Schumi_fan
Msg: 410
Posted: 7/24/2009 2:55:27 PM
miss_contemplative: if thats the case then just go get your labia trimmed with a scalpel before you say its ok to mutilate baby boys. I don't care if 6,000 girls get circumcised or not as baby boys have been mutilated because of feminist women like you. Its plain and simple, don't volunteer for little boys to get their genitals mutilated unless you are willing to do the same thing.
 ted61
Msg: 419
Posted: 7/29/2009 3:08:06 PM
I usually don't post to "pissing matches" like this UNTIL I see some airhead twit who owns a vagina, ( a perfect bacteria factory, warm, moist and dark) making completely illogical statements about uncircumcised men. Forget the FACT that drugstores sell LOTS of feminine deoderants. (which PROVES that a lot of women stink!)

Women say the area under the foreskin develops odor. Lets compare areas. You have a DRY penis head covered with a foreskin. The penis head hangs DOWN. Urine and prelube (if excited) runs to the END of the penis and DOWN. It does NOT run UP (defying gravity) under the foreskin. Now lets compare a vulva. outer lips with inner lips, so we have THREE skin to skin surfaces, warm, close together, kept supplied with an indescript discharge from the vagina to "marinate" and form a perfect odor causing machine! Oh, I forgot, we add to this mix, a small hood, over the clit to add more potential odor. Even if we forget to include improper "wipeing" from the rectum, to add to the "marinade."

Am uncircumcised man will have odor if he does not keep clean but there is NO comparison to foreskin bacteria counts, to the bacteria count in a vulva. The women win the bacteria count hands down! This is UNDISPUTED medical FACT.
 bigshrek
Msg: 421
Posted: 8/3/2009 2:46:46 AM
+100 Ted :)

Amen, man, Amen.

FierceAndGenerous
Msg: 422
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:52:31 PM
Actually it is a hideously cruel practice. Happy I had a girl so as to not have to make that decision, but w/ society in US to refuse cicumcision is to set him up for trouble later. Supposedly it was really created to keep the full sexual pleasure from women, (so we would not become out of control) 'to purify the masses' hah-didn't work. Circumcision should be stopped and females would become used to the penis in its natural form, And still love it
 FierceAndGenerous
Msg: 423
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:58:03 PM
Oh, BTW I did have a Hungarian BF, he even wore speedos. I'll take the uncut over the speedos any day.
 forum101
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 2:07:04 PM
From a health view: Smegma builds up in the foreskin of an uncircumcised male, and can smell if not kept really clean. Another point, and I have seen this happen quite a few times. The penis can become edematous and the foreskin can actually choke the head.
I prefer circumcised.
 sashimiboy
Msg: 426
Posted: 8/5/2009 7:11:27 PM
Im uncut, but usually girls cant tell cause the skin rolls back when its hard. When its flaccid, it rolls down but only covers the bottom part of the head.

Circumcision is wrong and unnatural. Just wash your****and you'll be fine. Never understood why women complain about how a penis looks. Its not like we complain about big puzzy lips or roast beef.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 7:09:26 AM
Routine infant circumcision..... yeah, let's bring back trepanation and laudanum, too!

RIC is pure barbarism and a twisted, futile form of prophylaxis. Complete waste of resources. Now, there's a big push to spread the practice in Africa under the guise of limiting the spread of HIV. It's faulty science and bad medicine. HIV is clearly linked, in Africa, to socioeconomic and behavioral factors, not directly to one's circumcision status.

But hey, let's carve up more babies so we can sell more Gomco clamps.
 forum101
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:55:59 AM
Posted: 8/6/2009 932 AM
(((((((The penis can become edematous and the foreskin can actually choke the head.

Just state your preference. Nobody wants to convince you otherwise. But please stop the nonsense of something you don't have and don't know. You're a ignorant ****)))))))))))))))

Excuse me????????????????? I am a nurse and have seen more than a dozen men wind up having to be circumcised because edema develops in the scrotum and head of the penis. 1) the foreskin will not retract or 2) it is retracted and will not go back over the head. All kinds of bacteria hide out under that foreskin. Urine, staph, yeast. Irritation, inflammation, and infection builds up quite easily. Cause it is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, warmth and moisture. And would need to be cleaned more than once a day, to ensure those werent on it.
With all due respect, You are ought to be kicked out for name calling.
I believe I did state my preference. Some people take offense when others dont agree with them. But I'm not the one who is ignorant.
 forum101
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:21:12 AM
http://health.howstuffworks.com/circumcision1.htm

Though they serve a protective purpose, foreskins can cause problems. Since the foreskin keeps the glans lubricated, it must also be kept very clean to prevent bacteria buildup. When regular hygiene is not maintained, a white cheesy discharge called smegma may accumulate beneath the foreskin. Continued poor hygiene can lead to infections and urinary tract infections.

If a foreskin is too tight and won't properly retract from the glans, it causes a condition called phimosis. This is the main medical determinant for circumcision. Conversely, if a foreskin slides down from the glans but won't properly return, that's a condition known as paraphimosis. This can cause swelling of the glans and foreskin.

Balanposthitis is a swelling of the mucous surfaces of the foreskin. If it becomes a frequent problem, circumcision may be necessary. A skin disease that affects the foreskin, glans and sometimes the urethra, balanitis xerotica obliterans, requires circumcision to prevent pain and worsening phimosis.

* If you're raised in a culture or religion in which the majority of males are cut, then it may seem like a natural decision to circumcise.
* Many times, the decision comes down to a simple belief that the son's penis should look the same as the father's. One study showed that nine out of 10 circumcised fathers elected to have their sons circumcised as well, while nearly 75 percent of uncircumcised men chose not to have their sons cut [source: WHO].
* Regardless of whether or not they themselves were circumcised, some parents simply want their sons to fit in as best as possible and will make the decision based on what the majority of people in the region do.
* Uncircumcised men are about twice as likely to be infected with human papillomavirus (HPV) and pass it along to sexual partners, resulting in higher cervical cancer rates in regions where the majority of men are uncircumcised [source: Infectious Diseases Society of America]. It also appears that circumcision helps protect against infection from chlamydia and syphilis [source: JAMA].
* Recent studies have shown that circumcision can dramatically reduce the rate of HIV infection. According to these studies, a circumcised man is 60 percent less likely to contract HIV than an uncircumcised man [source: Timbert]. (This holds true only in the case of female-to-male transmission -- circumcision hasn't been seen to influence the rate of male-to-male HIV transmission [source: JAMA].)
* A majority of people around the world believe that it's easier to maintain the cleanliness of a circumcised penis than an uncircumcised penis [source: WHO]
* Some people believe that a circumcised penis is more attractive, or, more importantly, more attractive to other people.
 Truth1ness
Msg: 433
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:28:56 AM
Something that always makes me smile about these benefits of circumcision...a lot of these studies are done in African countries...

Let that sink in for a minute...

Why would they want to conduct studies there...hmmm....?

Blanketing the rest of the world with these "health' benefits is such a diaper load...they’re' doing these things there because HIV/AIDS is out of control and are doing WHATEVER it takes to stop the spread...now if you want to compare us to them..Be my guest.

Truthy...everyone in such a hurry to be a part of the "civilized" world.
 winteragain
Msg: 434
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:17:07 AM
I can't retract my foreskin at all so I went to a urologist (he was Jewish!) and asked about circumcision and he recommended against having it done , but I will go under to cut my frenulum breve. This doctor explained to me that it doesn't matter if I'm cut or uncut even with my irretracteable foreskin. I can't even pull it back when it's flaccid. But did say I can go through with it if I wanted to in the future, but there's a 1 month wait list and it'd be for looks rather than function
 spitfire6844
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:15:17 PM
Advocating RICs anywhere on the planet makes even less sense than advocating routine radical mastectomies for women who have the breast-cancer gene, or advocating routine tonsillectomies or appendectomies for perfectly healthy people.

For the small number of women on here who seem a little overeager in their advocacy of RICs----I just showed this thread to a female friend of mine, and she says that any woman who advocates mutilating babies is a "wack-job". I agree with her.

Some of you circumcision zealots may want to think about how crazy you look to most of the world before posting long (and refuted) stats from pro-circ sites.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >