Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many dates are people actually going on from this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sensuall84
Msg: 251
How many dates are people actually going on from this site?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Going to a nightclub etc isn't for everyone thats why i am on here. with all my freinds taken and not wanting to go out on weekends as this is there time with there men i am at a loss. I keep attracting the guys who want one night stands. you can't know someone via email nor phone you all need to get up close and personal. Why doesn't someone in your capital city organsie a night where we can get together. Hire out a club and have a singles dating night whether speed dating POF ppl or just a dance. Ppl can bring there single mates up to 2ppl therefore everyone will feel safe and we can get to know each other
 gigna
Msg: 252
How many dates are people actually going on from this site?
Posted: 8/10/2007 11:19:36 PM
I agree with you totally, been my ezperience too! 'Talking to another woman, ego boost' , random emails, how great you look then move on to sex talk or, talk forever but never meet? Pisses me off, I am here to meet guys n date in real time but seems alot of the guys on here are not , just players!!
 happyhazeleyes
Msg: 253
Posted: 8/11/2007 1:25:02 PM
Sure glad my memory's still intact and I can remember back when people actually went OUT of their homes, met someone face to face and maybe a few days later, had a REAL date. The man actually came and picked you up, took you out for dinner or a movie, talked, laughed, maybe held hands, maybe snuck in an end of date kiss and actually DID call you the next day!!

Now dating's taken a whole new twist. Get in jammies. Turn PC on. Go to a dating site. Scroll through pics and profiles and wala! It's date night!

He's in his boxers. She's in her flannels. He types - I look younger then my years, I'm single and looking and as soon as I saw your profile, I knew you'd be the one for me. She types - I'm also single and looking. So tell me what part of my profile appealed to you the most? (was it the pic of me wearing next to nothing in a provocative pose?)

After a few emails, they decide to meet. (long pause here cuz it seems in so many cases that doesn't happen)

Throwing hands up in the air here. Wonder if there's a site for deception? Maybe that's where all the honest folks have gone Geez, I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, remind you of anyone or get me kicked out!
 okeedokee444
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/11/2007 2:04:55 PM
What you say fits my experience exactly. I joined over a month ago, and it seems I have only met addicted on-line daters, IM'ers, flirters, men just looking for an ego boost.

There's some evidence of this one 30 something single mother about a 45-min drive from where I live, she's been on this site for a year or 2, on a daily basis.

I have noticed her uploading and taking down pictures of herself, chaning them around, or adding new ones. Recently, she posted a picture of herself in a hot little floroscent Yellow bikini. She's friggin' a hottie, but I think she's doing it for the attention of men, not to actually meet them

For one, she's always online, constantly...and 2, she's always updating her photos to garner attention from men. When she' s bored on a Sat night, sh eprobably does this, as opposed to spending a night out with a man on that very Sat. night.

Why doesn't someone in your capital city organsie a night where we can get together. Hire out a club and have a singles dating night whether speed dating POF ppl or just a dance. Ppl can bring there single mates up to 2ppl therefore everyone will feel safe and we can get to know each other

Actually there is apopular site that does this.
 deejamar
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 3:44:56 PM
I have to answer your reply on dating on the internet. I did meet one guy one here who changes his profile and name around b ecause he is what we would call a player. Women beware. He trys to get fresh with you in the movies and walks out on you in the movies claiming he has to go to work. Then you dont here from him again. (Hint he is a massage therapist) watch the losers. I have met the nice and friendly ones who are my friends anre gentlemen and have class (compare to the players who have no class) I actually met some nice guys at the party they had at Howl at the Moon. I agree that its hard to find a decent guy to date on the internet , and you are right you can easily find someone in a bar or somewhere else. i usually get picked up wherever I go out, but I am not interested in meeting men in bars. I have friends who fix me up with their friends. Since I have only been single a short time now (since may of this year) My friends are eager to get me to meet their friends and cousans and whoever they run into that is single. But, to tell you the truth, I enjoy being single and and I am not in a rush to go out and meet someone if it happens ok, but I take my time meeting friends and see where it develops..
Danna
 Scarlets Secrets
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/11/2007 8:21:17 PM
Can,t help you as i don,t cancel when i arrange to book. Yes im nervous as hell, shaking handies, breathing so fast think i,m about to pass out or have heart failure But i still go. After all isnt that what were all here for to meet for dates or like me make new friends for nights out having a laff, ect ect? if cancel why be here...

Though saying that i wish i had cancelled with my first date from here
He was extreamly rude VERY LOUD and hardly spoke english.
From this date taught me LOTS ...
Speak on fone first before you meet not just on here
date lasted as long as it did as i couldnt think how to be rude and say
LOOK M8 THIS ISNT GOING TO WORK NOT EVEN AS M8S...
lasted an hour

But good luck hope you make it to a date
 BDRT
Msg: 257
Posted: 8/12/2007 10:03:51 AM
I had my first date from this site on Friday night. I've only been here for a few days, so thought that was pretty cool! I had a guy IM me and we were both bored so met. After one conversation. He drove an hour to meet me, we went to a restaurant in town here, where I know everyone, so if he turned out to be YUCK in some way, I was at least on familiar territory. Turns out he was perfectly nice and we had a great time. We drove around a bit after the meal, showed him around our small town, then he went home, after a nice good night kiss. Looking forward to a second date, as he has called me again and said he would like to see me again.
 LovinMike80
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/12/2007 10:15:43 AM
Pretty much it goes between the "player" types like a co-worker friend of mine that I know, who messages like every girl on this site, has a super short profiles, sends messages that look like text IM's "hey babe u r the 1 4 me dreamgirl hit me up" or whatever, but he's a construction worker with an almost totally shaved head so evidently that's enough to bring the ladies running (I've seen his inbox... it's crazy how many girls go for him even though he's shorter than me, makes less money than me, and barely speaks coherent english... apparently these are traits that women adore in a male)

On my end however, I have sent outgoing mails to 3 "outboxes" worth of (local) women in my area (approximately 30-40 people), some messages short and simple, some longer and more thought out, most of them similar to my friend's but with (god forbid) correct spelling and grammar and maybe (you aren't gonna believe this) maybe a whole paragraph! (versus about 5-7 words for a whole email) and what do I get? Well, looking at my inbox... about 3-4 people have responded since I started (which was about the same time as my friend)... for some reason he gets all the ladies and I don't get squat.

The kicker? He keeps emailing more and more ladies even though he already has at least 2-3 that are already interested in going out on dates with him and all he did was say "yo whats up u r so hot" to them. THIS is the sad reality of dating sites and I guess dating in general: the more of a dumbass jock that can't spell and has no future, the better your odds are of getting more women than you could ever imagine!
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:16:13 AM
*rolling eyes* Perfect example of frat boy mentality. Let me guess- this guy is even younger than you?... and these women turned on by incoherent English?
 Bethlet
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:31:50 AM
Ok, lovin Mike. I'm curious. I'd love to see some of the emails you've sent. I see nothing wrong with your profile although its a bit long....I had to force myself to read the whole thing. The other thing is, when SCANNING profiles, I dont read the whole thing if the top part doesnt fit my bill. You have "lover not a fighter" under profession....if I was SCANNING, I'd click off your profile right there.....

I also don't feel comfortable with your screen name....it is contradictory to what you say you are looking to find....

Lastly...you do not have any body shots. I bet he does...

Ginger or Mary Anne?
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:51:23 AM
I have actually met men from Fish. I have also met men from other online dating sites. It's not hard for me to meet men online. It's difficult for me to find love not people.

Mariane
 LovinMike80
Msg: 262
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:03:27 PM
Yeah he's younger than me, heck he was getting replies before he even put a picture up too... he had me help him write his profile but I just typed it as he told me to... his headline should be "This episode of Sesame Street was brought to you by the number 4 and the letter U" if ya ask me...

As for the girls he writes, well originally he did a search for girls looking for "intimate encounter" and when he saw that there were all of like 2 or 3 girls in the area with that set he went for the ones seeking "dating" and just started bombarding them with his 5-7 word long emails, one after another: "hey dreamgirl U R the cutest thing ever wanna chat sum time hit me up" etc. I sat there and watched as he typed them up and kept laughing and telling him "dude you're never going to get any responses sending messages like that seriously" ... 1 week later he tells me to log in and check his account, TONS of email in his inbox the likes of which I never seen, half of them asking him for a picture even though he messaged them without even having one he still got replies! The secret? Put "construction worker" as your profession, put "f'ing, making out, oh yeah and f'ing" as your list of interests, and make sure to use as few REAL words in an email as possible... evidently that's the secret of being a dating site BABE MAGNET.
 Gorton
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:11:18 PM
I think one of the hugh problems is that POF is a free site. No one has anything invested in it, so they aren't really taking the dating/meeting someone too seriously.
 LovinMike80
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:11:28 PM

I see nothing wrong with your profile although its a bit long....I had to force myself to read the whole thing.

Yeah my friend kind of wins there I guess... his profile is so short when he was done putting it together the site said it was below the minimum length allowable.. that was when he told me to just add some fluff to it to make it work.

The other thing is, when SCANNING profiles, I dont read the whole thing if the top part doesnt fit my bill. You have "lover not a fighter" under profession....if I was SCANNING, I'd click off your profile right there.....

Eh well I can change that to reflect my title but I don't want someone to want me just because of what I do for a job... who would? What I do to make money has nothing to do with who I am as a person... I've also done just about every job you can think of from computer tech support to auto repair to construction work to data entry... how does my -current- job position tell anyone how well-rounded I am? And what difference does it make since I'm on a dating site not applying for a job?

I also don't feel comfortable with your screen name....it is contradictory to what you say you are looking to find....

Ok wait what? How does my screenname which includes "Lovin" contradict that I'm looking for love? I'm confused here... if you mean by that I had set "dating" before really I think that's the stupidest part of this site anyway, where it asks you to categorize what you're looking for... this is a DATING site is it not? EVERY relationship of whatever kind typically starts with A DATE so two people can see how they match up right? I think they should just take that whole part away entirely... cuz if I really had to explain it, what I'm looking for is: Talk/Chat until we are Friendship and then maybe we can go be Dating until we determine we want to be Activity Partners at which time you might want something Short Term which includes a few Intimate Encounters with me then you end up falling for me and we end up with a Long Term relationship which is more along what I'm looking for... go figure, that covers almost every "category" right there and all I did was describe the TYPICAL chain of events between any two people!! See how nonsensical that thing is? =P

Lastly...you do not have any body shots. I bet he does...

Actually the responses were pouring in before he even HAD a picture... and the only one he ended up putting up was just a pic of his face and the tiniest little bit of his shoulders, straight-on with him looking down at the camera so the ceiling was in the background behind him.
 Foxden30
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:22:22 PM
My personal experience has been very positive. I do not normally search but when I receive an e-mail from a woman who looks interesting I respond and offer a phone number . More often then not the person will respond and we make arrangements to get together. I do not believe in extended e-mail or telephone conversations, I like to get in front of the person and find out who they are as it is a lot easier to uncover the bs that is common to a site like this.
 MeloFelo
Msg: 266
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:29:50 PM

have actually met men from Fish. I have also met men from other online dating sites. It's not hard for me to meet men online. It's difficult for me to find love not people.

Although I'm male, and much older, my experience here parallels yours. It's easy to make dates from on here, if that's all you want. I've learned to take a little time, and delve a bit below the surface, prior to meeting. I actually met 4 from on here in 9 weeks, and have found "the one" now. Part of finding the right one, I think, is not getting too sidetracked by focusing on dating just to date, and only meeting those with whom there is some base of compatibility.

My guess is that those who whine about not making any dates, are trying to simultaneously carry on discussions with a dozen members of the opposite sex. The truth is, in my experience, "less is more" in terms of really discovering who you're talking to. Mass emails, and two line responses, don't hold a lot of promise. Paying attention and in depth discussions do, and even if they don't lead to a relationship, are inherently more beneficial in a number of ways.
 *Lily Pad*
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:02:50 PM
kjay ,,,, totally agree with everything you have said !!! I'm also thinking the bar would actually be better.
 sentimental1
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/14/2007 5:03:39 PM
You have nothing to worry about. Just be a gentleman, and if you see a girl you are interested start talking to her.. YOu are not lacking in the looks area.... and you are actually a nice guy.. Your friend, if you want to call him that, sounds so immature. I can't stand it when guys send emails like that.. It is so fake and immature.. I dust them off in a sec... What the heck,you are only 27 ! I think you probably will meet someone at work or wherever you hang out... good luck.. sentimental
 motownmaniax
Msg: 269
Posted: 8/15/2007 7:23:36 AM
LovinMike made some great points and I enjoyed reading his posts.

Please, DO NOT change your dating approach and emulate your friend's. At your friend's age (I'm assuming he's very young), most dating activity is just silly fooling around and flirting, nothing really substantive. I'd also like to see the "kind of" women he's attracting. They sound like the female versions of immature, stupid horndog men most of the women on dating sites complain about so much.

I'm sure all his relationships are frivolous, artificial, and short-term. If that's all you want, it's up to you, but most people get tired of the superficiality real fast. I'll also say this, if he keeps the same arrogant, uneducated, Neanderthal, dumb*ss persona in later years most women will pass. They simply won't put up with it. And he won't have his youthful looks and swagger to hide behind once he starts getting older, and without them there doesn't seem to be much left?

You should be going for "quality", not quantity.

Mo
 Nanzie
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:15:48 PM
OK... I think I've gone out with (met for coffee, dinner or an outing) about 8 men from this site over the past 3 months, so meeting men isn't a problem, as someone already mentioned... it's finding the "right fish in the pond"... Making new friends here has been fun, and many I'm remaining friends with, but I've yet to find someone who seems to be just right for me. We all have criteria... and just when I think I may have found "Mr. Right", lol, I learn something about him (like he smokes pot sometimes, and I don't care for that)... so I keep looking. That's just reality of the dating world... discovering things about someone who has caught your interest.

However, I do have a theory here also....

My theory here is that we may meet someone interesting, but because we're so exposed on the Internet with lots of opportunities knocking at our door each week, we may not give that person we've just met enough of a chance... expecting them to either knock our sox off the first time we meet, or we simply toss them aside and look for the next opportunity. ( Sometimes it really takes a second or third date to discover someone's real qualities.) Hmmm... I wonder if this is keeping many people from getting into committed relationships... What do you think?

MeloFelo
Msg: 271
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:26:01 PM

My theory here is that we may meet someone interesting, but because we're so exposed on the Internet with lots of opportunities knocking at our door each week, we may not give that person we've just met enough of a chance... expecting them to either knock our sox off the first time we meet, or we simply toss them aside and look for the next opportunity. ( Sometimes it really takes a second or third date to discover someone's real qualities.) Hmmm... I wonder if this is keeping many people from getting into committed relationships... What do you think?

I think it depends on what your hopes and expectations are. If you feel you really "need" a relationship, and companionship and friendship are sufficient for your needs, great. It will be easy enough to accomplish that.

If you need the "grand passion" or "love of your life", no, it doesn't take a second or third date, if you've spent time getting to really know each other online and on the phone in advance, but it's not something that you can predict happening in any particular time frame.

For me, I didn't want or need a relationship, if it wasn't the grand passion. In one sense, I found her after meeting 4 women on here, and in 9 weeks. In another sense, I'd been looking for "her" since I got divorced 8 years ago, and through however many dates over 8 years.

POF works just fine. In my case, I'd say "great", but all it is, is a very efficient way to briefly meet a lot of people. Maybe you'll find "the one" quickly, or maybe not at all, but that's true of dating, no matter how you go about it.
 buffaloriver_honey
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 8:17:44 AM
NANZIE....................I DONT GET ON TYHE FORUMS OFTEN; SO I WILL RESPOND TO YOUR REPLY TO ME....................ALL THE PONDS HAVE DRIED UP AROUND HERE
BUT THE FRIENDS THAT I HAVE MADE ON HERE ARE GREAT
 dee**
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/11/2007 8:28:41 AM
I have met 2 guys from here, and both were great guys. The first one I only had a connection with over the phone and when we finally met there was just nothing there. The second one I met was just fantastic...extremely good looking and sweet and we had tons of chemistry. We dated for about 3 weeks untill we both decided to call it quits. He works opposite shifts then me so we never saw eachother and then he was spending more time with his ex of 10 years then myself. So that was the end of it. I am back out here again, just unsure about meeting anyone else. I have not found anyone that I clicked with like those 2 so im still fishing and talking to alot of great guys....ill post with my next meeting weather it is good or bad LOL

cheers
 Ur Xoxo
Msg: 274
Posted: 9/11/2007 12:08:21 PM
I've also met two women, dates if U will. Wrote a few others.

One lady and I have been conversing numerous times.

But U know I'm slow as a turtle.

Keep on posting,
Ur Xoxo
 harleyblue
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/11/2007 1:04:15 PM
I'm not really going on any dates. Had one a few months ago.. he just wanted to sleep with me and when I shot him down, he emailed me the next day to tell me that there weren't any sparks and he didn't want to talk to me anymore. Talked to another guy for a while via email and phone.. he got offended because I didn't want him to bring his 8 year old son with him to meet me. Now I am talking with a guy on here who seems decent, but.. we'll see. Like one of the posters said, I wish we could list the profile names of the obvious players....... anyway.. I think I am about ready to try meeting people in the real world for a change...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many dates are people actually going on from this site?