Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many dates are people actually going on from this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lost John
Msg: 376
How many dates are people actually going on from this site?Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I've been a member of this site for over 3 years, and have not met anyone in person. To be fair, though, I took a break for a year or so. I have only recently began to be somewhat active again.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 377
How many dates are people actually going on from this site?
Posted: 10/25/2008 8:15:55 PM
Man.......................

I wish that I could answer this question with a short post.

But since I've exceeded my "short post" allotment, I have to do all of this excessive typing just to be able to get out one simple, easy, and brief line.

I'm going on all of them!
 drewscott13
Msg: 378
Posted: 10/25/2008 9:36:49 PM
I have to absolutely agree with MeloFelo - criticizing POF is like standing still in a grocery store and wondering why your shopping cart isn't being filled. It's also like people who complain about not being employed - but who never send a resume out and wonder why everyone else is getting jobs.

I've only been on the site less than a month now, and I've had a really good time. Oh sure, there were points of frustration, insecurity, and self-doubt - but that's to be expected with any new adventure. I'm not God's gift to women, but I've certainly faired pretty well. And I attribute that to taking my time, researching the lay of the land, and putting my best foot forward. I selected my best pics (based upon what women had to say) and thought long and hard about writing my profile.

It really just goes back to getting that dream job in life... you have to have a really strong resume... and interviewing skills as well. It takes time, research, and effort to bring these things to fruition. It's like the saying goes: "you get back what you put out." Oh yeah, for those of you who have no pictures on your profile and are complaining, you really can't complain in good faith can you? No picture - no response, as the saying goes. It's kind of silly to question why you're not receiving replies.

And finally, when I was a lad and went we had to try all kinds of: different bait, lures, line, and holes in order to catch the fish. It takes time and patience and understanding... which it seems some here are either lacking - or are not prepared to learn. But I guess in a sarcastic kind of way... better for guys like me ... less competition.
 DIXIEJAZZ
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 12:52:07 AM
WELL, I have used this website for a long time, sent many messages, with very few replies, guess it is because I am a male age 67. I have met just 2 ladies who decided I was not what they wanted, most who answer initial mail then do not follow up on reply

As the title of site says there are plenty of fish in the sea, very true, but I suspect there are more men than women and a lot of the ladies in the age group 55 to 70 seem to prefer to meet younger men than my age group, so far I have not hooked the right one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many dates are people actually going on from this site?