Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 misschanteuse
Msg: 594
would you marry for money?Page 10 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
"someone who would go sunbathing naked, yet cover his privates with a hat and when I passed would tip his hat to me....."

LOL!!! Love that, tip his hat to me!!!
 misschanteuse
Msg: 595
would you marry for money?
Posted: 8/21/2009 9:54:05 AM
I was always told that I'm sittin' on a gold mine... so I suppose I don't need to marry for money...

SOMEBODY START DIGGIN!
 TedJMill
Msg: 596
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:27:53 AM
No. I make a good salary at my job, enough to buy the things I want: I have an apartment I like, get to travel each year, buy more books and DVDs than I have time to read/watch, etc. I wouldn't care about living in a mansion, or luxury travel, or eating in fancy restaurants every night, or things like that. The only thing I'd want that I can't afford is to be able to retire now. And marrying for money wouldn't really give me that, since then the marriage would be the job I do to get money. So marrying for money wouldn't get me anything I really want.
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 598
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:54:25 AM
Absolutely not. Yes, I have a very long list of things I'd do if I won the lottery which isn't likely to happen either since I don't buy tickets.

But unless I loved the person I was marrying there wouldn't be any point because I couldn't throw cash at feeling miserable being with the person and make that feeling go away.

I'd also be on someone else's clock which doesn't happen when you pay your own freight.
 andrew-focus
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:24:42 PM
I wouldnt marry for money, only love.
 alcc
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 2:03:16 AM
I would only marry for love, (of money)
 msholiday1
Msg: 605
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:54:31 AM
From my prospective, at this age.
Yes I would marry him for his money but only if he lived by the Golden Rule, was upstanding, had character, had a passion for something, treated me with respect and didn’t abuse me in any way. Then I wouldn’t be marrying for money, then I would be marrying for love.
 unspoiled
Msg: 606
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:00:46 AM
Of course so many would but not admit it publicly.
 waidttma
Msg: 607
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:08:25 AM
Can honestly say no. Had the opportunity and there was no hesitation on the No Thanks and I have no regrets I didn't do it.

Everyone deserves to be loved, not settled for or used.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 608
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:09:15 AM
No. I would marry them for them and the person I marry must have a job as well as myself, That's reasonable.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 609
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:34:30 AM
I have to ask msreddress..how long have (you) been dating this person..and why are they unattractive? LOL..Do they need to lose 40-50 pounds? Do they need some new teeth? How about a face-lift..or tummy tuck? Does he need to use rogaine or get a hair transplant? Cmon spill ur guts....why is he unattractive to YOU? With that much money, you can buy attractiveness imo, and still have enough left over for a few nice toys.
 home_osorio
Msg: 610
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:46:32 AM
Ya, I would marry him as long as he stays nice and never mentally nor physically abuse me.
You said there is moderate chemistry. That's enough for me to fall in love with eventually. And I mean eventually by a couple of days. He's not ugly. He's not attractive to you you say. Man, As long as he's not ugly, I will totally fall attracted to him eventually. It doesn't matter if nothing comes into my name. I work anyways. I met this guy from on here. He's 29. He works as an analyst in downtown chicago. He has a good looking condo at the heart of downtown on the 20th floor. He looks older for his age. Hell, I thought he looked like he had a family already. I wasn't attracted to him first. I even thought of him as an elder or something. But the 2nd time that we met, he had this stoic attitude and his work clothes looked imposing. Man, he was so attractive to look at. When we cuddled and he started acting goofy and childish, that's when I fell for him. I fell for him big time. Then he just suddenly gone AWOL. Now, I can not stop thinking of him. It sucks.
 Jaimes004
Msg: 611
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:22:40 AM
That a big negatory! I have had the opportunity to date women with a good bit of money($150k+). I could not bring myself to do it. Life is about happiness from within, and self confidence. Those situations created a conviction for me. No attraction = no relationship.
 Natgoat
Msg: 612
Would you marry for money?
Posted: 10/20/2011 9:52:45 AM
Not ~Exclusively~, no...
Money would come under the heading of a ~Bonus~ !
I could be happy in a decent trailer and eating chicken and rice if I had a woman that truly loved me...
The LOVE in a relationship is Paramount to me..!!
 galaxxy
Msg: 613
Posted: 10/20/2011 2:18:56 PM
*bottom of heel kicks down the forum door*

hell ya
 galaxxy
Msg: 614
Posted: 10/20/2011 2:21:36 PM
jokes. i wouldnt do that. (for the peeps that don't know me)
most of ya's here know me tho.

man, this pimle on my nose is throbbing.
 OyVay...
Msg: 615
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:18:40 PM
Ahahahahahaha!!! This thread was a blast! I perused the pages with a somewhat jaundiced eye, I must admit.

It was mostly filled with plenty of no's! Now color me curious, but me thinks they LIE!!

Given the OP, one would think that the terms probably make it less likely. In reality I believe if this were a fairy tale, their nose would grow!

As I looked through, I clicked on a number of the profiles, who basically screamed a resounding NO. They listed interests of sky diving, boats and fishing, traveling came up in about 1 in 3 profiles. Another fav was concerts. We also see a good number looking for a "stable man", meaning job and income.

So when you take the title "would you marry for money?", me thinks they protest to much!

When women are younger, they look for a man with prospects, so they know he can support the family(kids). When a woman matures, she wants to know he's "stable and financially secure".

So sorry, they lie! Sorry they don't give away tickets to Europe, boats for sailing or fishing, rock concert tickets can cost half a months rent, for sold out shows. Sky diving costs a few sheckles as well.

So when you get right down to it, YES women look for money. Oh and to be an equal opportunity basher, so many women say they have supported men, my guess is they are no different as well.

So please, at least try and be honest. If you met a guy/gal who looked good to you, had more than a few $$$, I doubt many would let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!
 4ms4me
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 4:48:47 PM

So when you take the title "would you marry for money?", me thinks they protest to much!

But "marrying for money" isn't the same as marrying for love, and they happen to have money. I have dated and turned down guys who've been considerably better off than me financially, because their money didn't make them attractive enough to me. I'm sure many guys have had the same experience.

When I was dating, I had on my profile that I liked travelling, cause I do - but it wasn't because I expected the guy to pay my travelling costs, I just wanted a guy who wanted to travel (some don't) and who could afford his own travelling costs (some can't). And then I got me a special-needs dog, and so now travelling, while not entirely out of the question, is much less likely than it used to be.

Are some people supposing that if a man or a woman says they "wouldn't marry for money", they must also be willing to hook up with someone whose income barely makes the poverty line? Is it unreasonable to want a mate who has enough money for the basics and perhaps a few luxuries, if that's what your financial situation is? Could it be that some readers are making unwarranted assumptions about what words like "stable" or "like to travel, skydive, eat out" all mean to the writer? Maybe it means he or she is looking for a free ride, but it's also possible it means they want someone who is interested in the same things, and able to pay their own way.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 617
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:14:34 PM

As I looked through, I clicked on a number of the profiles, who basically screamed a resounding NO. They listed interests of sky diving, boats and fishing, traveling came up in about 1 in 3 profiles. Another fav was concerts. We also see a good number looking for a "stable man", meaning job and income.

When women are younger, they look for a man with prospects, so they know he can support the family(kids). When a woman matures, she wants to know he's "stable and financially secure".

Why would you assume that women need someone else to pay for the activities they enjoy? Is there a law that women are not allowed to spend their money as they choose to on enjoyable activities?
 Fleuron
Msg: 618
Posted: 10/20/2011 5:45:10 PM

"They" do, do they?

You wasted a lot of time (supposedly) scoping out women posters’ profiles and compiling data to prove your hypothesis that women are gold diggers. You are aware that this thread is six years old and was not gender specific?

So what if a woman wants a financially stable man? Oh, wait….I see your extensive research revealed a “good number” looking for a “stable man,” which YOU interpreted as “meaning job and income.” Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Cripes. The OP question from 2005 was “would you marry for money?” and presented a certain scenario which you obviously ignored, just to post some nasty stuff about women.

Snooze.

OT: I wouldn’t participate in the OP scenario. If there was no connection between us, I wouldn’t waste my time. Besides, I’d rather be friends with a millionaire than married/eventually divorced from him. He’d probably even remember my birthday.
 unspoiled
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:24:44 PM
Carpe: "
Well...OF COURSE lots of women are looking for a man with a job/income. It would be kinda dumb to look for an "unstable man". This doesn't make a person a "gold-digger" or "marrying FOR money". More like marrying for a partner in building a life together.
I would think there are many men that also want a stable woman...a partner in life, not a parasite."

???? Apparently you didn't catch what the guy before you was saying.

Why would it be DUMB for a woman to look for an "UNSTABLE" man, as far as whether he as a job or income? Do you not see that many men would not care if the woman was "UNSTABLE" in the same way? In this era of equality, it appears women demand so much more than men. If you refuse to acknowledge this, then I don't know how I can convince you of it when it is so patently clear.

Not letting PERTINENT characteristics guide you but delineating on those things regarding money that so many men do not do DOES make one a gold digger as the objective for a woman is to seek a man who makes money. If we go back some years and keep women at home then more jobs would be available to men and they'd be able to obtain higher salaries because of the supply/demand issue and then men will feel even more gratified to share in with what they have but feminists messed up this natural man-woman relationship. You cannot have full-blown feminism and still try to keep the same demands on men as once would have been the case and when women were not expected to earn money, they could not be labelled as gold diggers so readily.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 620
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:31:34 PM
Unless I was running a large business and this was a business arrangement, I wouldn't even contemplate it. Quite a few marriages are, effectively, business arrangements.

An aside, though. As I feel about marriage now, I don't think I'll ever remarry, so marrying for love or money is out of the question anyway.
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 621
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:36:32 PM
Well, I suspect even The Carpemeistress wouldn't deny that women tend to place more emphasis on income, property, and such regarding a man than a man would with a woman.

Most women I've met say they require a man, at a minimum, to have a job, but you rarely if ever will hear a man say that (or post it on his profile). My ex did not like it that I wasn't making as much money as she was (though I probably saved as much...you'd be surprised how much you can set aside just drinking cheap light beer and grilling roadkill! I should write a finance book or something...1001 Redneck Ways of Savin' Dough?).

Some posters here have stated they have minimum income standards for prospective partners.

Technically, that might qualify as a double-standard, but then some double-standards are perfectly reasonable. A woman, for instance, might expect a guy to be able to lift something heavy, but that doesn't mean he ought to expect the same from her. A guy probably wants a woman to be soft, but doesn't think he ought to be. I don't expect my lady to change the oil in my car, but I'll happily pay some guy to do it. Etc.

VirtuallyLove
Msg: 622
Posted: 10/20/2011 7:55:04 PM
Well, to the guys who feel it's somewhat unfair to be expected by women to have a decent job and be economically stable, etc. when they have no such expectations, I would make a couple of observations: 1) you actually COULD make that an issue if you chose to. But if it really isn't that important to you, that doesn't mean your prospective partner is morally obliged to share your attitude. Women and men do have different attitudes about lots of stuff. A woman, for instance, might be somewhat less picky about your appearance than you are about hers.

My second observation is that we as guys should be careful what we wish for when we complain about being expected to follow traditional guy-roles. Are you sure you want to give up that tradition, and have women not care about being secure, protected, and supported by a man? That might complete the "feminist revolution" in some sense, but I'm not sure that would be a good thing for us to give up - our role as a protector and provider.

I think there already exists a regrettable imbalance (at least I kind of regret it), that I believe Gwen alluded to not long ago - namely, that while we need women as much or more than ever, they need us probably less than ever. I wouldn't be too all-fired eager to remove those last few strongholds of maleness that still appeal to women on a basic, evo-biological level.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 623
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:04:29 PM
Guy who thinks most girls are gold diggers and has negative thoughts about females must be an unlucky guy, for some reason, is unfortunate to have chance to meet nice girls. So sad. Question yourself why?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >