Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OyVay...
Msg: 649
Would you marry for money?Page 12 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I must admit, I have to laugh!

I realize that people can be strange, cheap, arrogant and a lot of things. Like many things, money is but a tool. For some it becomes the end all be all of life.

I can say with certainty, it doesn't suck to have it. It can make many thing better. Now if you allow it to become your master, you certainly lose a lot of perspective, about life, yourself and others.

Like all things on this forum, wealth is often taken out of context. It's no different than women who write about men seeking only sex, or all women are golddiggers. Not everyone is a scrooge mcduck, or a greedy miser. Not everyone is a manipulator or control freak.

It's no different than saying "I once met a wo/man who had_____."

I may have had more opportunity to meet folks with substantial assets than others, some were good, others not so much. So just remember, even if you met 4 guys or gals in a row, who only wanted sex, that doesn't equate to ALL of either gender being the same. Same with money, some will be cheap, some will be pompus, others will act superior and many will be no different than you. They only have the resources to live better.

I guess in the end, we should all just look at each other as individuals. Let their actions speak as loud as their words, and the chips fall where they may.

No you shouldn't marry or engage a person based on their finances, but that shouldn't give you pause either. It doesn't suck to be well off!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 650
would you marry for money?
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:12:29 PM
4everRadiant said,
No, I would not
marry for money.

Pure, and simple.

Yes, no need to explane this one, as those who really get it,get it......................

Your mama taught u right! As if you think the other,them folks will ramble on for ever.....
 larissan04
Msg: 651
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:16:36 PM
No way! As Dr. Phil once said, "If you marry for money you certainly PAY for it." I mean, how much is your soul worth? The only way I'd get married again is if a) I was totally in love with the person, b) he was totally in love with me, and c) if we had a prenup - i never want to be at someone's financial mercy again, and i'd never want my husband to stay with me because of money, i.e., because it would be too expensive to get a divorce...
 Mer_mate
Msg: 652
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:41:17 PM
I would! lol.. but there would have to be a pre-nupt and he'd have to be great in the sac

Otherwise no way!! lol
 kailania
Msg: 653
Posted: 10/22/2011 5:42:50 PM
some people have so much money and it is Never enough. if you marry them you may never see them because they are so busy making more. they are never satisfied.
 unspoiled
Msg: 654
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 9:21:56 PM
marry a guy for money and that money he uses can get another bimbo behind your back whenever you are not looking.

i bet 80% of the younger women and maybe 20% of the older ones are not being truthful here.
 starlight334
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2011 10:28:47 PM
No matter if you do it or not, others money is not your money no matter if you marry or not....you should get that finally dumbbells.
But I know all the women (with high azz factor) would try to get hold of freebies with their ass.
So what is the difference then between hookers and married women (for money)
 RoxanneR
Msg: 656
Posted: 10/22/2011 11:39:26 PM
I've read many profiles where the guy describes all the stuff he has and the things he does, and it's obvious he has a lot of money, but if he doesn't mention his faith in Christ--- no, I'm not interested.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 657
Posted: 10/23/2011 12:18:28 AM
normally...no...but if she wasn't too old...and had TONS of money...and didn't make me gag boning her...

then sure, WHY NOT ?

lmao
 114M3
Msg: 658
Posted: 10/23/2011 1:18:28 AM
This reminds me of a story that was in the news recently ...

about an 80-something yr old Spanish heiress who married a guy 25 yrs her junior.

http://news.yahoo.com/rich-spanish-duchess-weds-third-time-age-85-124341285.html

Msg: 659
Posted: 10/23/2011 3:19:09 AM
Yes I would. The old saying of "money doesn't buy you happiness",is not completely true.If you have ever been poor and you don't know how you are going to pay your rent,buy food,pay your utilities,then let me tell you that poverty makes you extremely miserable.

Money gives you comfort,peace of mind and that does bring happiness in itself.Knowing that you will not end up on the street next month or living in some awful shelter is a feeling of relief.

The never ending climb out of poverty wears you down.It kills your spirit.Hard work assures you nothing.You can work hard all your life and many is the time you will still end up living in poverty.
 Vannili
Msg: 660
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 3:24:29 AM
No I would not marry for money, but I would not marry a man who is moneyless.

Mer_mate
Msg: 661
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:08:53 AM

marry a guy for money and that money he uses can get another bimbo behind your back whenever you are not looking.

i bet 80% of the younger women and maybe 20% of the older ones are not being truthful here

"another bimbo"? Slip ups like this when referring to women are so great . No guessing about the attitudes lol
 musical_turtle
Msg: 662
Posted: 10/23/2011 8:41:00 AM
Depends...how much money would he give me each month to spend...and can I keep everything I buy with that money? lol
 john36602000
Msg: 663
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 8:45:08 AM
You damn straight I would. You could live a good life. And you may eventually start having feelings for this person. Life is a gamble, just like anything else. You just have a new deck of cards to deal with.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 664
Posted: 10/23/2011 9:04:28 AM
If there's no romantic factor then, as I said earlier, there'd be no point since that is my primary goal.

So what if you live in a nice house and have nice toys and go on nice vacations - without the main ingredient the novelty would get old fast.

Now as far as having a FRIEND like this who wanted to share their wealth by having me as a roommate in the meantime....

Here I am !

frijolera_ninja
Msg: 665
Posted: 10/23/2011 10:12:50 AM
Well you said they arent ugly and ok chemistry so ya I would do it. Once you start traveling, finishing up with degrees and having kids and stuff there will be a certain history and comfort level. Even if he dumped me 20 years later id have a college degree and experiences I wouldnt of had otherwise so what the hay! Hell ya Id do it.
 brownie360
Msg: 666
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 10:21:29 AM
Since I can and have always made my own money, no way would I marry for it. Marriage is to be enjoyed and filled with the person you married because you love that person. No point in being with someone and still being alone...naw...no thanks...
 notinterestedjustlooking
Msg: 667
Posted: 10/23/2011 10:34:50 AM
Even considering this fact I still say no and never would I just think it is very wrong in so many ways.
Love should be taken like any other emotion. It should not be considered to be something that is very special. It should not be taken so seriously that it leads to self-deterioration and other problems in life. After all love is just another emotion.
 ladyc4
Msg: 668
Posted: 10/23/2011 10:35:44 AM

that women tend to place more emphasis on income, property, and such regarding a man than a man would with a woman.

Most women I've met say they require a man, at a minimum, to have a job, but you rarely if ever will hear a man say that (or post it on his profile).

Perhaps if men DID pay more attention to such matters, we would have far fewer divorced,angry,fearful resentful males roaming around internet dating sites with one hand clutching their d*ck and the other hand shielding their wallets?

Would I marry for money? Oh HELL no.
However, neither could I bring myself to marry a man who was clearly going to be a drain on my resources. I have a responsibility to myself and society to minimize my risk of being a charity case in a nursing home. Let me add, right here, that it's not all just about the cash...a guy with a good work ethic,useful skills, a clearly demonstrated willingness to work as a team to benefit BOTH of us and our little corner of the world.
And I don't care if the guy could buy and sell Donald Trump, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet on a Sunday afternoon during a yellow flag in the NASCAR race-if the chemistry/connection/mutual interest and resonance aren't there-I ain't marrying him.
Cindy O
 good_catch77
Msg: 669
Posted: 10/24/2011 9:18:41 AM

Person you have no attraction to wants to marry you. They are not ugly, but they are not in any way attractive to you. There is moderate emotional, mental chemistry. No romantic factor other than polite conversation. They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with.
would you marry them?

A thread that is 6 years old and 37 pages that I'm not going through so...

No I would not marry for money, it would be tempting esp coming from a lower-middle class guy. Whom has for the most part always gotten what was needed just not what I always wanted. And esp with all the negative factors, no attraction, no chemistry etc...heck no. We'd have to have most of those things in common. I won't settle for someone I'm not attracted to anyways. I could care less if she was a millionaire....
 sunnyflower1974
Msg: 670
Posted: 10/24/2011 10:59:08 AM
when i made a little that time ,i have been dumped by my bf .there is reality world.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 671
Posted: 10/24/2011 11:35:33 AM
For 10 million dollars? ya, I might. If he wasn't a total goob
and he was generally a nice person. I'd travel around the world,
go back to school again and again and set up trust funds for my
grand kids that I don't have yet. I've found I'm not all that anxious
to get married again, I like having people around when I want them
around and I like when they disappear if I don't. Even if it didn't
last and I didn't get anything when I left, I'd still be ahead of the game
with what I got out of it.

I'd never say never. Ten million is a lot. I don't think I'd be selling my
soul, I wouldn't mind being beyond rich for a few years.

Of course I could just be saying this because I don't see it happening.
Maybe if I was presented with this problem, my romanticals would actually
kick in, I don't know. I could take the high road and say NEVA, but I'd be
lying.
 chippyandchukka
Msg: 672
Posted: 10/24/2011 11:47:13 AM
yep!! There is no guarantee with love.... there always seems to be issues that hurt the hell out of ur heart and for me.... who GAVE up everything i have ever had, for love...... money and companionship would do me just fine.... anyway u said he is not ugly, so once u get to know him u may just end up liking him and fall in love.... also at least if this didn't work out u would have some great experiences and material things that u would get to take from this too. DO IT. DO IT! JUST DO IT!! Can u just imagine the fairy tale wedding u would have???? Please i hope to get an invitation..... :) Good Luck Girl
 TedJMill
Msg: 673
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2011 1:18:18 PM
Probably not. I can pretty much buy everything I want with what I earn now; the only thing I can't afford would be to retire now. Marrying for money would just be trading my current job for the job of keeping the wealthy wife happy. So it's not really worth it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >