Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Savona
Msg: 699
Would you marry for money?Page 14 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
^^^ Yep to what Oy said.

No one is going to say it out right but honestly unpaid bills are a bummer and living the good life could be sweet. Haha oh ya
 larissan04
Msg: 700
Would you marry for money?
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:06:58 PM
oyvay~

"My point was and is, money can and does play a role. Always has, always will, especially with women. Money is to women, what looks are to men. If you want to boil it down further, many would refer to it in a different way men look for sex, women for security. Neither is better, and no one wants to lay claim to it."

just as i think a man has to be attracted to a woman in order to get the equipment up and running, so to speak, i also think a woman would be really stupid to settle down and start a family with a man that did not have a good work ethic, and was not gainfully employed. but this is not the same thing as marrying for money. the practicalities of life are such that there is a base line amount of money that one needs in order to provide for a family. believe me, i've seen what poverty can do to children, and a woman would do best to have a career of her own, and marry someone that makes at least a middle class income. no, the guy doesn't need to be rich, or rolling in dough, but he needs to have a career of some kind, and be gainfully employed. i think it's about 200k now to raise a child from birth until age 18. you can look up the figure on the department of agriculture website. i think this pertains to people that are in the child rearing years... for those of us who are older and not looking to have children, career and income matters less. personally, from my experience, men that are really wealthy are really really screwed up and not good relationship material anyway... that's just my experience...
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 701
Posted: 11/1/2011 6:52:41 PM
Being a "gold-digger" is quite distinct from simply wanting someone who's reasonably financially responsible and successful. I'm sure the vast majority of women are seeking that and not a dude possessing inordinate wealth. I agree with Oyvay that the somewhat different desires of men and women doesn't make one gender better than other. They're fairly complementary, I think. Usually.
 Aries_328
Msg: 702
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:26:52 PM

So what did you expect? Someone to actually say "yeah, I'm all about the benjamins, I'm a golddigger!"

:) Well, kind of. Have you seen the forums? People admit to much worse. However, on this one I will concede that it may not be as common as it seems for the 'only for his money'. There just are not that many 10million + single guys around to know how common it is.

It would really be a nice change though to see an acknowledgment that the world has changed. I make a decent living. It's a lot of work. It's also always threatened by everything in life from health to accidents to economy. Everything is so much more expensive. Come on.. A business class flight to Dubai is $11,000.00 Am I going... Nope. Do I want to go? Yep. Are you paying? A home is easily over half a million for a fixer upper. So now the expectation of a stable and financially successful guy is $250k a year. Yeah, I'm trying to get there and because I'm not there I'm not successful enough for a lot of profiles I see. Ok and you want children! There are a limited amount of jobs that qualify as ‘successful’ and yet that’s the ideal. And it really drives me nuts after meeting some of these ‘must be financially stable’ and they have avg jobs and struggle to make payments on the leased cars they can’t afford. But it’s ok because they are ‘independent’ and cherish their freedom. LOL

Honestly I do have one type of women I will not contact even if she is attractive and seems to fit most qualities. That is Divorced and has a house and does not have a job that would explain the purchase of the house. I can't do it. That was another guy’s life and work he put in to get that house. I just feel like its theft. I'm sure that’s just another one of my many flaws though.

I hate money. I just want enough of it so I never have to think about it again.
 sweetblue62
Msg: 703
would you marry for money?
Posted: 11/1/2011 10:27:24 PM
I wouldn't marry just for money.
There would have to be a connection and love between us.
I couldn't live with someone for money if we had nothing in common or any good and positive feelings for each other.
Money would just be there.
Our bills would be paid and we could have a lot of fun! Not too much fun though.
 dolce_vita36
Msg: 704
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:37:08 PM
advice to all the men with major money looking for love ........... PRENUP
 weirdotool
Msg: 705
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:06:15 AM
This is obviously a very different question when posed to a woman vs a man.

The other thing is that a person being wealthy, subconsciously attributes power and strength to that person. Some women might marry a rich guy and not even see it as marrying him for his money. They might just assimilate it into a part of his character in their minds.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 706
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:13:23 AM
I would not marry a broke man.

A man has to have some money, weather it is enough to cover his bills & live, or weather he is ballin', the amount does not matter, but i do expect someone who can handle himself financially, & enjoy doing things like nights out, vacations, etc.

Love & money dont have to be mutually exclusive.
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 707
view profile
History
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:52:13 AM
Depends on what you are looking for, money or happiness!!
 legnakrad
Msg: 708
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:56:47 AM
Only if they pay me upfront.
 kailania
Msg: 709
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:26:35 PM
i had my chance several times. very wealthy men in L.A.( millionaires.)
who wanted a wife.
and yes....they were going by looks and figure. that seemed like all they cared about.
so, compared to L.A. woman I dont come close. But my mentality is that of a small town woman and I think they liked that about me.
As if I would definately appreciate the lifestyle they offered me whereas a woman already living it would
only want more more more.
I was engaged to a local man who did pretty well, but not wealthy.
so...no, I left each of them. I have to be attracted to him and he must be a nice
person not just to me but to others.

but during difficult times,...I wonder...what if.
dam....why couldnt _____ be cuter and nicer?
because my buiness failed and I dont want to sleep under a bridge when I am old and on one will want me.

my grandma always said...you can marry a rich man as well as a poor man.
I married my ex who was anything but rich. lol
 Blueyes4youbabe
Msg: 710
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:18:56 PM
Sounds like you are in love with money. A pair of silver dollar glasses should fit you fine.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 711
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:30:30 PM
No way! You could not pay me enough to marry anyone I didn't truly deeply love. My principles are worth more to me than someone else's money I don't need
 Debisusanne
Msg: 712
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:44:00 PM
I would have said no way no way no way until recently.. but....

If he were ok looking.. and had the ability to be my friend too.. maybe.. maybe.
 kailania
Msg: 713
Posted: 1/26/2012 3:37:14 PM
^^^^^^Debi I think you have the right idea.
I would so marry a nice looking freind and if he had money all the better.
It seems that friendship lasts longer than love.
 bonj99
Msg: 714
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:14:55 PM
Well, I'm just going to throw my own "two cents" into the mix. I had the opportunity, a very brief one at that, but this very wealthy guy found me on here. Go figure. He took me out twice, had no regard for money. Told me how many businesses he owned, how much he paid his never-worked a day in her life-ex wife ($8,000) in alimony a month, picked me up in the brand new car he just went out and paid cash for....it was one of his son's 16th birthday. However, I couldn't be less interested.

He was short, and fat, and always talked about sex....yes, even on our first date.

I could have ignored all of that, ****ed him a few times a week, and been taken care of for the rest of my life.

However, I walked away.

There is more to a person than money I'm afraid!

And there are some of us women out there who are totally self-sufficient, pay their own way, and are not gold-diggers. Not to mention intelligent, and sexy!

Sorry, boys!
 mrcs84
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 5:32:14 PM
Well, don't believe in marriage, but as far as an LTR, I would need at least a woman that has a decent job (not even necessarily a career), and who is financially responsible. I don't want to drain my finances for anyone.

As far as someone who is rich, well I'm sure they would share their wealth with me, which would be nice, but I get a sense of satisfaction knowing that I obtained things on my own, especially the big purchases.
 DragonBits
Msg: 716
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:39:54 PM
If I were 90 years old, there were no one to take care of me, and my choice to either enter a nursing home or marry a women that wanted to take care of me, and as the OP said, we had moderate emotional mental chemistry, then I wouldn't have to think long about that.

Of course I would marry her, I would be stupid not to take that deal.
 4everRadiant
Msg: 717
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:38:05 PM
Marry for money? I've had enough offers from rich men.

I'm interested in marrying a person, not things or possessions.

So, no. My love and affection cannot be bought...

...they never could, and that's not going to change.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 718
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 10:45:42 PM
No way in hell! Call it pride, self worth, morals... I don't care. Not in a million years ever ever ever.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 719
Posted: 1/27/2012 4:05:23 AM

He was short, and fat, and always talked about sex....yes, even on our first date.

But had he been better looking and not a braggart about his money.. he might have had a chance eh?
 69plumkrazy
Msg: 720
Posted: 1/27/2012 8:13:29 AM
Remember this!! IF YOU MARRY THEM FOR THE MONEY, AND THEY GO BROKE...YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH THEM....IS THAT SOMETHING YOU CAN LIVE WITH??
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 721
Posted: 1/27/2012 8:36:26 AM
I married for sex, does that count?

Next time around for money. (bwahahahahaha!)
 c_deacon
Msg: 722
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2012 8:39:25 AM
First time was for love, now I know that if there is another time......much more would be involved.......but most could never afford me.....so why worry about it.....lmao

cd..........
 Capn_America
Msg: 723
Posted: 1/27/2012 9:48:10 AM

Of course not. I'd feel like a live-in prostitute.

LOL That was funny. Actually, I intend to do that with my "someday I'll find her" girlfriend and make her my own live-in prostitute;
"Hello Mistwess Irina, I been a very, VERY baaaaaad boy..."
Seriously though, if a girl marries me for money (unless she's my girlfriend, then I'll giver her stuff) then she'll be disapointed.
Now, would I marry for money? In theory no, but if I find a 95 y old who's rich and can have her heart attack during sex and give me all her fortune.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >