Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 724
would you marry for money?Page 15 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

For 10 million dollars? ya, I might. If he wasn't a total goob
and he was generally a nice person. I'd travel around the world,
go back to school again and again and set up trust funds for my
grand kids that I don't have yet. I've found I'm not all that anxious
to get married again, I like having people around when I want them
around and I like when they disappear if I don't. Even if it didn't
last and I didn't get anything when I left, I'd still be ahead of the game
with what I got out of it.

I'd never say never. Ten million is a lot. I don't think I'd be selling my
soul, I wouldn't mind being beyond rich for a few years.

Of course I could just be saying this because I don't see it happening.
Maybe if I was presented with this problem, my romanticals would actually
kick in, I don't know. I could take the high road and say NEVA, but I'd be
lying.

I answered this before, and my answer still stands.
I guess I'm in the minority though.

interintwined
Msg: 725
would you marry for money?
Posted: 1/27/2012 10:53:37 AM
No, and if this is you I have a feeling you will enjoy it for the first maybe 6months but then you'll find yourself attracted to other men who you actually have feelings for and you'll crave other partners and then eventually your partner will find out you'd have wasted his time and yours and it'll end in a divorce and its an unnecessary consequence and price to pay for something you weren't totally inot in the first place soultion: make your own 10 million dollars just don't tell anyone and marry someone that you not only love but someone who u feel will stick it out with you through the end based on EXAMPLES shown before the marriage I hate to say this but you just can't marry for only love remember its like a machine and the screws have to keep turning for themachine to keep running
 UNDERCARRIAGE
Msg: 726
Posted: 1/27/2012 12:08:25 PM
Nope, done that before and was miserable. He did not have millions but close to 100,00 when I married him. I was all gone by the time I left.
 Engine_Builder
Msg: 727
Posted: 2/13/2013 7:30:52 AM
Happiness and attraction trump money any day!!

So no, I would not.
 TedJMill
Msg: 728
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2013 7:54:02 AM
No. I'm actually going to be retiring from my job soon, and I have enough money for a reasonable lifestyle. Having to be married to someone would be too much work, particularly since I don't care about having a fancier lifestyle.
 StrykinOut
Msg: 729
Would you marry for money?
Posted: 2/13/2013 9:23:10 AM
Nope. My requirements are three: love the Lord, love me, love my kids. Es todo.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 730
Would you marry for money?
Posted: 2/13/2013 9:34:32 AM
No...that is why we have "gold diggers"....to keep the ugly, rich guys happy....oh and gigilos for the ugly, rich women....lol.
If I am not attracted to the man...I am not sleeping with you ever...and I would only marry for love!
Truthfully...I wouldn't even want to spend time with some people out of the bedroom...just because they had money.
Attraction before money....
 auntyemm
Msg: 731
Posted: 2/13/2013 10:29:20 AM
I agree.everyone has a price and yes i would
 bamagrl68
Msg: 732
Posted: 2/13/2013 10:19:45 PM
kimber03- No, never !
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 733
Posted: 2/14/2013 1:11:47 AM
Damn straight I would.
It would be discussed before hand however.
If we got along as friends, were both cool with having sex together, and open to the idea of the occasional tryst ( her as well as me) and other details I really wouldn't have a problem even if I was the one with the money.
They actually did an episode of the old Perry Mason series about just that. Old man with money makes an agreement with a lovely young lady. She even got one weekend a month "off".
The point being, as long as it is a mutually agreed upon arrangement, I wouldn't have a problem.

juliettes7
Msg: 734
Posted: 2/14/2013 1:52:09 AM
They do say in studies that after the necessitates of survival are covered one is not more happy on a wealthy income --connections to others counts more for happiness and being wealthy can isolate one, insulate from realities and the lessons that come with survival--the fortitude, gratitude in simple things. One can become arrogant and increasingly hard to please, which can lead to various acting out behaviors-addictions, trouble with the law or being terribly isolated or unmotivated.
As for marrying for money--no. If I happened to love someone with money or fell into it, great but I couldn't fake a marriage with someone I was not sincerely connected to-too much work.
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 735
Posted: 2/14/2013 7:43:41 AM
Yes. It is better to be rich and unhappy, than poor and unhappy. (From a gal whose husband walked out on her and their three young daughters.)

And as for me... given the current state of my affairs, it would be as good a reason as any to get married.
 Booyaaah
Msg: 736
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:43:44 AM
Funny. As a young man I had problems with the law, addictions, lack of motivation, but never had a pot to pi$$ in.
 Me_Me_Me_Pick_Me
Msg: 737
Posted: 2/14/2013 9:28:23 AM
I had the chance to marry a woman who owned multiple homes in different countries about five years ago. She wanted to marry me to basically have another child with me and that was of more importance than me.

I don't need money that badly.
 Mr.Beer
Msg: 738
Posted: 2/14/2013 9:47:00 AM
Of course, because as Scarface says:

First you get the money...
Then when you get the money, you get the power..
Then when you get the power, then you get the woman...

Applies either way. BTW, I guess my last original post of "Ladies, what do you really want from men" was completely destroyed by the haters...this site sucks, really. Leaving in 2 days...lol
 bluefish7070
Msg: 739
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:30:37 PM
just notice this:

most of the people who SAID they would marry for money are men
most of the people who DO marry for money are women
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 740
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:39:59 PM
I just recalled Harry Chapin's song Taxi which speaks to this topic.
 mrcs84
Msg: 741
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 12:22:29 AM

most of the people who SAID they would marry for money are men
most of the people who DO marry for money are women

Most men don't look for rich women, or even women who are more well-off than they are. Then again, money isn't really a criteria that men have on their checklist. I would say that your average man would certainly chase after a rich woman he thought he may have a chance, but the reality of it is that it rarely is an option. Joe Schmoe is usually just happy if his woman isn't too much of a financial burden to him.
 juliettes7
Msg: 742
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:12:41 AM
Well if having a boss or pimp own you(with a prenup) is fine, go ahead--there are older women who like younger men.
Sleeping with them and being watched is like being in a prison, no?
Isn't freedom and peace of mind, being connected to someone you actually care about, vs being tethered to some strange master, worth more? That is what marrying for money entails... not a lot of "catches" have to barter money for (usually)younger flesh.
Why do lottery winners end up poor--you don't change your nature with the addition of money. If freedom and attraction to your mate matters, it would be hard to shut that off.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 743
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:34:39 AM
Old saying... looks fade, money grows...
 Dolphinelover
Msg: 744
Posted: 2/15/2013 6:46:29 AM
I'm no dog but no chip n dale dancer either. I have ran into a few on this site that acted like they didn't want to talk to me etc,but some decided to and once we went on a date and they found out about what my family owned which wasn't thru me it seemed they couldn't wait to talk about a wedding. I bet if my family didn't have what they do these same women would of ran. Yea you would be suprised at how many are just into it for the money and at what they will do in order to gain a chunk of it lol. As the one guy said your not going to get a honest reply from most on here.
 Yesready
Msg: 745
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:03:06 AM
Wow, this is a popular thread. What would I do? Haven't given it thought before now. Probably would NOT marry for money. However, at my age, my partners tend to need that expensive prescription to keep me happy, so money is important. Little laugh.

I would marry for companionship.

Met someone on zoosk at New Years. Although he is not materialistic and has endured financial hardship in the past, he now has a comfortable lifestyle. He owns the best of everything--kitchen gadgets, home entertainment, etc. His truck is fully loaded and he often tosses me the keys. He has gifted me with cool undergarment shoes and some clothes. I never go hungry. Laughter is constant.

Back to the topic of money, I am so frugal that he praises me, saying if he had met me 20 years ago, he would be a rich man. Whomever I marry, he would be affected by my frugal ways. I would order the cheap thing on the menu, I would say no thank you to the diamond. I would consider the lingerie at JCP versus Victorias.
 lowmiles2
Msg: 746
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:36:31 AM
In a New York minute!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 747
Posted: 2/15/2013 6:09:35 PM

I would marry for companionship

Exactly! So if the trade off was financial, is that bad? I don't believe so. If everybody's happy, if everybody gets along, if everybody is getting what they need and want, everybody wins!

BTW, gotta love a woman you would choose lingerie over jewelry!
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 748
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:23:40 PM
I wouldn't marry someone whom is flat broke like me. I wouldn't marry myself. If I ever fall in love with someone else they better either have money or not need my money because that would make us both miserable. I definitely wouldn't marry them just for the money even though I would like to slap myself for saying that. I think the bible says somewhere that money is the answer to all things and I spend my whole life looking for answers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >