Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 749
would you marry for money?Page 16 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
yes roadking I don't want her to have an ugly butt either.
 ThePoeticWriter
Msg: 750
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:05:33 AM
Women do this every day... No, I would not!
 lonelycat12
Msg: 751
view profile
History
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 2/16/2013 10:19:56 AM
If they were 80 yrs. old and had no dependents I may consider it.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 752
would you marry for money?
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:57:39 PM
only in Vegas,,,lol
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 753
Posted: 2/16/2013 2:03:56 PM

Well if having a boss or pimp own you(with a prenup) is fine, go ahead--there are older women who like younger men.

Huh? how does a woman signing a pre-nup mean she has a "Pimp", or you're somehow "owned"? please explain...... A prenup was created so that anyone with any kind of money, would get one to protect themselves. And, if one of your male friends/or family members was taken by a woman for half of everything they owned, or had to pay vaginamony to a woman who doesnt deserve it, you know darn well you'd be ticked off too and wouldnt like it. Or, if you had anything worth alot of $$$ and a guy demanded half of it, would you not be upset about it yourself? of course.

Also, what does older women who want to date younger men have to do with a prenup, explain the corrolation to us please?

Sleeping with them and being watched is like being in a prison, no?

Maybe they feel the same way about you. You shouldn't have a LTR with a man then, since you aren't willing to put in the work required to make it last.

Isn't freedom and peace of mind, being connected to someone you actually care about, vs being tethered to some strange master, worth more?

Huh? I'm lost here, explain? AGAIN, what does this have to do with someone getting a pre-nup?

That is what marrying for money entails... not a lot of "catches" have to barter money for (usually)younger flesh.

If you marry someone and a pre-nup is included, you can avoid "marrying for money" right? since it's a safeguard of sorts to protect both parties. If ANYONE has any sort of problems refusing to sign one, then they've shown their true intentions, and once the marriage/relationship goes south, you know she's coming after your stuff.

Why do lottery winners end up poor--you don't change your nature with the addition of money. If freedom and attraction to your mate matters, it would be hard to shut that off.

I have to admit, you've lost me here, what does this have to do with a pre-nup?
 larissan04
Msg: 754
Posted: 2/16/2013 7:29:23 PM
No way! I wouldn't marry the guy for 100 million bucks. Talk about a life of misery in a gilded cage...ugh! I'd rather be alone!
 Nerdo3
Msg: 755
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2013 8:36:16 PM
No, not at all... if there isn't love, there is no point to a marriage. Whether they got money or not.
 tilemann108
Msg: 756
Posted: 2/17/2013 1:54:54 PM
yep I would, send me your picture lol
 MrOogam
Msg: 757
Posted: 2/17/2013 9:57:06 PM
Nope not in NY minute, or a California second.... tried it once, in this instance it was her that had the $$$$,several million out of her divorce, & that in itself was ok, & she was not let's say flambouyant or flaunting of it. She did offer a couple things like cruises, & trips, but I declined. Was way too early on in the relationship. The biggest issue was, her normal was not even close to my blue collar normal. Would get upset if I was late on a normal work night. I would call & let her know, but.... Face it, stuff happens when your working single parent & raising a kid single handedly. She is a nice egreat lady, & we still communicate to a egree on line, but those little every day things were so far appart in what was normal for each of us....
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 758
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:43:24 PM
""""""""They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with."""""""'

Sounds like a good rockstar prenup ...lol

40Golfer
Msg: 759
Posted: 2/18/2013 1:09:17 PM
No, not a chance. To much missing and there has to be attraction to stay with them.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 760
Posted: 2/18/2013 1:28:27 PM

Money does not buy happiness...

But it sure do make misery a lot more fun
 LucidTheory
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 2:02:57 PM
Hell yeah. Money and benefits.

Benefits - like if you're a broke veteran, that works too because you get perks and benefits of being a veteran.

Money does buy happiness. Happiness is trips, therapy, vacation, massages, drugs, booze, sex, etc. Did I mention drugs and therapy?

People that are rich and unhappy... are insecure and don't know how to entertain themselves. Give your money to confident people that do. Then you can be happy and broke. At least you'll be happy.
 deandde
Msg: 762
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:02:54 PM
money is cold.
only want with one have warm heart man together
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 763
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:19:56 PM
I DID marry for money and it lasted 21 yrs. For me, respect for a man is more important than love. What I've experienced as "love" most of the time turns out to be lust anyway or something like that. I HAVE to respect someone to love them in a romantic way. My ex wasn't handsome at all, not in the least, but I loved him and we made beautiful babies. I greatly respected him and admired him.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 764
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:21:13 AM

I DID marry for money and it lasted 21 yrs. For me, respect for a man is more important than love. What I've experienced as "love" most of the time turns out to be lust anyway or something like that. I HAVE to respect someone to love them in a romantic way. My ex wasn't handsome at all, not in the least, but I loved him and we made beautiful babies. I greatly respected him and admired him.

You have stated an interesting analogy.

I agree that respect is important. I believe that respect should be something that both partners show for each other. You did not mention whether he showed you the same respect or not.

However, love is very important as loving another person will bring about that respect.

Love is something that grows so immediate love is often actually just lust and that is where we tend to over analyze what we will or will not tolerate.

Just like this thread shows most people state immediately that they will not marry for money without considering that perhaps there are people with money who are just as lovable as there are people without money who are lovable as well.

If we set our criteria in stone we may be overlooking a good prospect. I'm not saying that is why this thread was started or that the original thought was a set in stone fact; I'm simply saying that perhaps we limit ourselves with our thoughts.
 1WishList
Msg: 765
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:08:11 PM
Are you free to date others during this "marriage", and will this person be dating others?
Are you expected to engage in marital relations?
Will you have access to this money to dispose of at your discretion, or be allotted a monthly allowance?
I would not marry for money.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 766
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:54:23 PM
yes. you can buy love.
 sigungq
Msg: 767
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:34:40 PM
MsRedDress(d569342) wrote:

Person you have no attraction to wants to marry you. They are not ugly, but they are not in any way attractive to you. There is moderate emotional, mental chemistry. No romantic factor other than polite conversation. They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with.
would you marry them?

I don't think there are very many women who would marry for the money. If there were I would have been married long ago.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 768
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:35:19 PM
^^^LOL, move out here to SoCal, you and your money will soon find ALOT of women "suddenly" interested in dating/marrying you. Or, you and your $$$ will soon part ways.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 769
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:39:26 PM
People get married for money, power,fame and other good stuff all day every day of the year.. There is nothing new about it. Check out the old actors and the models they date and marry. Look at some of the rich people in the papers and watch the models leaning on them. Does any one thinks its a secret??
 DragonBits
Msg: 770
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:54:12 AM

Person you have no attraction to wants to marry you. They are not ugly, but they are not in any way attractive to you. There is moderate emotional, mental chemistry. No romantic factor other than polite conversation. They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with.
would you marry them?

I think this is an easy one for me. If I am single, older than 80 without any assets, I would marry for money in a heartbeat.

The real question is, why would this rich lady want to marry me?
 melodyof_k
Msg: 771
Posted: 2/26/2013 10:02:12 PM
You see, she was gonna be an actress
And I was gonna learn to fly.
She took off to find the footlights,
And I took off for the sky.
And here, she's acting happy,
Inside her handsome home.
And me, I'm flying in my taxi,
Taking tips, and getting stoned,
I go flying so high, when I'm stoned.

(part of Harry Chapins song)

what a question.
I had the opportunity a few times.
I dont think they had as much money as the OP said....
but they did have millions.
thing is this.....I knew I would have to sleep with anyone I marry...
and I couldnt do it. I was not even able to kiss either of these men.
If it was just for companionship it would be different.
but it would have almost been close to prostitution only under the guise of marriage.
I think,...maybe not (about it being like prostitution)
and I dont even know why they wanted to marry me. it wasnt love.
I was more than 10 yrs younger...which isnt that much. but I looked alot younger.
so I felt as if they just wanted to be married...not especially to me in particular.
one time.....the children in my daughters school thought he was her grandpa...meaning my dad.

I did enjoy the company of one of the men...
but then he turned and showed another side of himself that I didnt like. He had a mean streak.
the other man....he was nice....
but he bored me to death...and I didnt like the way he talked about other people.
I would have had Things...but not happiness. Unless I went away on vacations without him all the time. jk.

I do think money can buy freedom....to travel, to live where you want...to go visit your family when you want to,...
eat the healthiest foods,..have the best medical care,...make choices. but I think I would have felt like a prisoner. even though my children would have went to the best schools and colleges. should I have done it for them?

i just have too much of an aversion to kissing men who I dont love. and I dont need that much money to live happily.
I will take love over money....both together would be nice.
 FMM87
Msg: 772
Posted: 2/27/2013 8:16:21 AM
hell no.

i'd rather be poor with someone i love than rich with someone i don't. any girl that would.. is not a quality girl.
 SPArwell
Msg: 773
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:19:14 PM
I would marry for money. I'd cheat though.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >