Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crystalise
Msg: 74
would you marry for money?Page 2 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
No way. Ive met too many wealthy and miserable people out there, stuck in loveless relationships to ever go there. Theres only so many shopping trips you can do, only so many diamonds you can wear. [ yes I know many would disagree with me] And really what is all that spending about anyway - are you doing it for yourself or to impress others.

Whats the point of a castle if the prince is really a toad....Being financially comfortable is nice, but I would want to equally contribute and he and I work on it together !! I agree on with another post, I wouldnt want to live on handouts.

You go in with nothing, you walk away with nothing...to me its kind of like they are leasing you....nup, not for me
 YamIhere
Msg: 75
view profile
History
would you marry for money?
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:42 PM

No way. Ive met too many wealthy and miserable people out there, stuck in loveless relationships to ever go there.

I bet I've met even more miserable non-rich people in loveless marriages.

Hell, I'll bet I've met more people who are miserable because they're married
 stubobb
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/23/2005 5:31:38 AM
Probably, it's not like there's anything else going on in my love life. Might as well pretend and live a comfortable lifestyle.

I was once offered a small sum of cash to marry a Polish woman I was dating. She was living with me anyway and her family made the offer.
I declined the offer, like an idiot.
 prolibertate
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:49:41 AM

Person you have no attraction to wants to marry you. They are not ugly, but they are not in any way attractive to you. There is moderate emotional, mental chemistry. No romantic factor other than polite conversation. They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with.
would you marry them?

No...I don't need or wants someone else's money (then they feel they can tell you how you can spend it)...I need not only mental chemistry, and way more than polite conversation, but I also need them to touch my heart. If that's not there, then neither am I.
 prolibertate
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:02:39 AM

But money is, most certainly, a consideration. IN reality; "lifestyle" is what it's all about for me. Pay me nothing for my work but guarantee me that I can do whatever I wish as far as vacations and home changes and such go and I would take that deal. Money is paper, the things it buys is what I am interested in.

Interesting...I just had this lifestyle convo last night...I would rather adjust my lifestyle and be with the person I love and who lives me, than have a lot, or extravagant, things. There are still many ways to enjoy vacations and such, but the huge home, fancy car, etc. aren't necessary to my happiness.
 prolibertate
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:39 AM

yes I would ...and you think that is shallow and well mabe it is but atleast when ever I have children they will be happy and have everything they want and well I know LOVE is soposed to be this GREAT thing and well what will happen if you live without LOVE... would life be so hard???
I don't think so
let's think about this on
1. No worrying where he/she is all the time
2. no fights or arguments
3 . come and go when I want
4. meet new people and friends all the time without no one telling you what you can do,

And the list can go on and on and on

I know love is soposed to be this great thing but come, snap out of it LOVE HURTS and well I would sooo take the money then the love SORRY..

GHappy kids and giving the kids everything they want? That's not what makes kids happy, nor is it what they need. They need love and attention from their parents, they need their parents to love each other, and giving them stuff without spending quality time with them makes for spoiled kids who generally get into a lot of trouble.

No worrying about where he/she is all the time...Is that because one wouldn't care? Most people, regardless of why they marry, want companionship coupled with love and romance.

No fights and arguments about money maybe...but even then, if they don't want you to spend it as you wish, there will still be fights.

Who says you can come and go when you want? If one is looking for a trophy spouse, they have to be on call for when they're needed. You don't get to marry for money and do whatever you want to.

Sure love hurts...how would you know how wonderful anything can be if you didn't know how bad it could also be?
 :
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:33:19 AM
How much money?

Nah only fooling, money does not enrich the spirit.
 sammysalt
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:56:04 PM
I would never marry for money ever. There was this car in the parking lot, and everyone was turning there heads, and making a big deal out of it, me I walk right next to it, to get into my van, put on my sun glasses, and turn on the tunes, driving off, and the man was looking at me in shock, because I seam to of paid no mind to him, and his car. Sure it was a hot car, but lets face it, who wants someone that everyone wants. I wouldn't stand in that line. Why you get it, and someone trys to take it from you. No thank you.
 Thudpucker
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:06:08 PM
. . . er NO, but I'd get engaged for a new bass boat --
 JuJuBee
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/3/2005 11:21:40 PM
No. I value myself & what I hold true to too much. What kind of example would that be for my kids?
 TedJMill
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:52:23 AM
I very likely wouldn't. I already earn enough money to do the things I want, other than retire from my job; marrying for money wouldn't gain me anything, other than changing to a new job, that of being a husband. And I doubt that those job conditions would be better than my current job.

I'm asexual, not interested in sex with anyone, so it would have to be a platonic marriage. I'm not that big on interacting with people, my current job lets me work alone most of the time, so I wouldn't to spend that much time with the wife or socializing with people.

So if it was a marriage of convenience, where she needs to be married to me for some legal reason, but where we'd lead separate lives with limited getting together and no sex, I'd consider it. But if it was like a real marriage, where I'd be expected to have sex with her and to be a full-time husband, or if there were social obligations as husband of a rich woman, then definitely not.
 TedJMill
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2005 11:01:01 AM
An additional thought: what I WOULDN'T have a problem with is if the "marriage for money" meant I couldn't get married to, have sex with, or have children with someone else. As long as I could still be platonic friends with other women, not doing more than that wouldn't bother me.
 YamIhere
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2005 11:02:18 AM
Is there any other good reason?
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/4/2005 3:57:17 PM
You people are a joke!Especially women.....Here are the facts.The divorce rate is about 52% .And the number 1 reason for divorce is money.As far women that say they never look at money in a relationship is full of it.I can not count the times i see them dump a guy for another man that has more money....As for the men on this thread that have not observed this.Then you live in the land of OZ.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:20:57 PM
I am over the resentment and hatred.I careless.I had to find out the hardway that you can not have compassion for people.They care friggin less.
 Sniper308
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/3/2006 4:20:29 PM
Exactly how much money are we talking about?
 YamIhere
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 4:45:58 PM

Is there any other good reason?

Who's the really smart guy that said that? ... Wow, that was me
 lordmarduc
Msg: 105
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:07:33 PM
If my three kids got a free ride to the college of their choice and they got to travel and pursue their interests. yes then i would anything for my kids.
 ItsMeDoggie
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/7/2006 5:44:16 PM
the the question i have is ..if not big money , then someone that has enough money so that one would not have to work??? does money=attraction...
 Arsenia
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:01:04 PM
I personally would definitely not marry someone for money. Yes, money is a big factor in a lot of practical things and gets everyone to whereever they want to and get whatever they want but it shouldn't be the "focus" of any relationship! I think someone who is educated and can support themselves financially is definitely worth spending time with :D
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:41:04 AM
Honestly, yes I would, and just hope that in time, I could grow to love her as well. I've said no in the past, but let's be honest, all relationships have problems. Feelings changed and love fades. So, who's to say love couldn't blossom in a money relationship, as well.
 lordmarduc
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/8/2006 7:18:19 PM
I would tell tell them, that their children needs come before theirs. you bring children into the world you give them your love, your time, and meet their needs before yourself.I would not marry a person who didn't find what i had to offer worthwhile. take me as i am. I not a fixit upper. I would't marry someone, I didn't like, trust, and respect. with time true love comes from tha,t not eros.
 bren1
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:42:33 AM
a y not so far i can not find love enny way
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:25:05 AM
and who's to say that this person you married wouldn't someday become someone you do love? There are people who do this all the time. They are betrothed to one another from childhood. It still happens in certain cultures. Whose to say that they don't, eventually, develop a loving bond between them?
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/25/2006 7:37:27 PM
i like msg 80

i would have sex with a woman for money
i would marry a woman for sex
therefore, i would marry a woman for money

and i would service the heck out of her ..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >