Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 768
would you marry for money?Page 29 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
^^^LOL, move out here to SoCal, you and your money will soon find ALOT of women "suddenly" interested in dating/marrying you. Or, you and your $$$ will soon part ways.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 769
would you marry for money?
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:39:26 PM
People get married for money, power,fame and other good stuff all day every day of the year.. There is nothing new about it. Check out the old actors and the models they date and marry. Look at some of the rich people in the papers and watch the models leaning on them. Does any one thinks its a secret??
 DragonBits
Msg: 770
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:54:12 AM

Person you have no attraction to wants to marry you. They are not ugly, but they are not in any way attractive to you. There is moderate emotional, mental chemistry. No romantic factor other than polite conversation. They show you a brokerage account and legal forms that proves they have these assets. They have 10 million dollars. Would you marry them?
and oh ps...
nothing goes in your name. If you walk out, you walk out with what you came in with.
would you marry them?

I think this is an easy one for me. If I am single, older than 80 without any assets, I would marry for money in a heartbeat.

The real question is, why would this rich lady want to marry me?
 melodyof_k
Msg: 771
Posted: 2/26/2013 10:02:12 PM
You see, she was gonna be an actress
And I was gonna learn to fly.
She took off to find the footlights,
And I took off for the sky.
And here, she's acting happy,
Inside her handsome home.
And me, I'm flying in my taxi,
Taking tips, and getting stoned,
I go flying so high, when I'm stoned.

(part of Harry Chapins song)

what a question.
I had the opportunity a few times.
I dont think they had as much money as the OP said....
but they did have millions.
thing is this.....I knew I would have to sleep with anyone I marry...
and I couldnt do it. I was not even able to kiss either of these men.
If it was just for companionship it would be different.
but it would have almost been close to prostitution only under the guise of marriage.
I think,...maybe not (about it being like prostitution)
and I dont even know why they wanted to marry me. it wasnt love.
I was more than 10 yrs younger...which isnt that much. but I looked alot younger.
so I felt as if they just wanted to be married...not especially to me in particular.
one time.....the children in my daughters school thought he was her grandpa...meaning my dad.

I did enjoy the company of one of the men...
but then he turned and showed another side of himself that I didnt like. He had a mean streak.
the other man....he was nice....
but he bored me to death...and I didnt like the way he talked about other people.
I would have had Things...but not happiness. Unless I went away on vacations without him all the time. jk.

I do think money can buy freedom....to travel, to live where you want...to go visit your family when you want to,...
eat the healthiest foods,..have the best medical care,...make choices. but I think I would have felt like a prisoner. even though my children would have went to the best schools and colleges. should I have done it for them?

i just have too much of an aversion to kissing men who I dont love. and I dont need that much money to live happily.
I will take love over money....both together would be nice.
 FMM87
Msg: 772
Posted: 2/27/2013 8:16:21 AM
hell no.

i'd rather be poor with someone i love than rich with someone i don't. any girl that would.. is not a quality girl.
 SPArwell
Msg: 773
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:19:14 PM
I would marry for money. I'd cheat though.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 774
Posted: 3/2/2013 5:51:15 AM
You marry only for money? You will end up like this lady, rotting away in prison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeste_Beard
 Archangel_07
Msg: 775
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:23:57 AM
No, because when that money run out, there's NOTHING left of the marriage if the marriage is based on just money alone. There's more to a marriage than just money.
 nightsounds
Msg: 776
Posted: 3/2/2013 7:20:26 AM
would i marry for money
hell NO
i would lose all respect for myself

i make enough now to be independent- not frivolous
to trade that in for THINGS- never

wealth is not something that is important to me
and if it was, i would try to make more of it-
not give up my freedom to obtain it-
how dreadful !
 thaithanu
Msg: 777
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:13:07 AM
I wouldn't. I have been in situations where I have dated women with a lot of money, but ultimately I am looking for that special someone. I would have hit the jackpot if I was a gold digger. I was hanging out (strictly platonic) with an amazing older woman, who is one of the richest women in the world. I had to sign a confidentiality agreement just to hang out with her. I really enjoy her company, but it's just not the kind of connection I am looking for. If we were to have a romantic relationship I know I would be set for life financially, but I am not wired that way.

I can definitely see how women in 3rd world countries do it. Their families are starving and they have no way to put food on the table. In that case, I might have to reconsider, even if it's morally wrong.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 778
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:30:35 AM
No I wouldn't just marry anyone for money but I would marry the daughter of the president. I would marry the daughter of any of the Senators, any of the Congressman. I would love to take my place in the line of lobbyist. I would love to inherit their inhouse connections. If I did that then I wouldn't have to feel guilty about marrying for money. I could feel good about changing politics from the inside. Of course I only say that because I know I would change my mind if I was the one standing on the green grass, I just like to think that I might be a better person. I would like to think that I could have the ability to only steal eighty cents of every dollar made. I like the idea of sharing ,you get 20 cents for doing nothing and I get 80 cents for doing nothing. I would put every American on welfare and tell them to only work 4 hours a day. I would tell my political friends hey I lost 15 cents today by giving it to the poor. I expect for you to do the same. We can still eat steaks and watch them eat hamburgers. We can still live the life of elitist without making them eat shit.
 marilynh77
Msg: 779
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:16:34 AM
Ha ha ha, wonder if MsRedDress found her Money Man.
That's the reason why this country has so many divorce! Too many women married men with money for security and men married women for looks! Looks faded, take money to keep up with Botox and plastic surgery.
This girl never got married so I didn't stay for the money and I didn't get a dime for child support, too independent and able to hold her own! Now that I'm more serious and ready, no I won't marry for money. Compatiblity, trust, understanding and connection got to be there.
 DORA1966
Msg: 780
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:28:42 AM
No! My friends and I have this conversation a lot. There's no way I could have my body touched by someone who made me feel nothing, or worse yet, cringe!
 Jesselia
Msg: 781
Posted: 3/2/2013 11:46:37 AM
I have kinda sorta been in this situation with the whole arranged marriage proposal someone made last year. He wasn't a millionaire by any chance but he was definitely rich. I said no flat out. I shudder to think what it would be like laying under a man every night I have no attraction to....sounds like psychological rape to me. So no thank you. If there is no physical attraction or chemistry in a romantic/sexual relationship, what else is left?
 Vannili
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 8:42:16 AM
I would marry a man with money, because a man with money has a life, and I would not marry a man with money if I am broked as a penniless person, I have to take care of my financial situation first .
As the saying goes >bird with the same feather stick together.. It is simple as that.

Vannili
 thaithanu
Msg: 783
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:12:57 PM
"I would marry for money. I'd cheat though."

Probably not a good idea. Depending on how much the woman is, she might have a team of private investigators following you at all times. I know if I had a romantic relationship with my billionaire friend that would have been the case. She might not hire them but someone who is watching after her would. Rich people, and I mean the truely elite level, don't play around. They can probably make us regular people disappear kind of easily too. Or if they are vengeful steal your identity or some other type of white collar type of revenge!
 Hailey_Smurff
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 7:02:41 PM
a dollar for every view?
 evgod
Msg: 785
Posted: 3/4/2013 7:29:56 PM
i dont know if you people actually know this or not. i didn't read every post. Marriage is about money and nothing else. Whatever romantic ideas you have been brought up to believe are wrong. Would i marry for money? Absolutely, no other reason to because it is a fiscal contract. I wont marry for love as i don't need a legal contract for that. I should point this out to. when you do marry for money which is every marriage regardless of what the two think when they make their vows; you have just become a prostitute. This is as old as slavery and prostitution a relic from another time when there were different laws. I honestly wish i was wrong but, i know divorce law. its too bad there isn't something better and more pure of heart. But since you are considering doing it. maybe you should go tell this person exactly what you are thinking and why you think that way and see if they still want to do it. Don't try to trick them or pretend it is something different. As long as both people are aware of what they are doing then who is anyone to stand in their way.
 eattoplease55
Msg: 786
Posted: 3/6/2013 7:19:31 AM
Nope....been thru a divorce and pretty much lived on fumes.....moneys not everything.....chemistrys a big thing with me and from what I see on these sights.....many....many nuts on here....lol....be happy with sanity at this point!
 Aura1shine
Msg: 787
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:53:07 PM
Money makes life easier but not happier. Nope...no way and never will.
 prime ribb
Msg: 788
Posted: 3/7/2013 4:22:45 AM
I would sometimes watch those movies of women who live in a gated community who are married for money and prestige. They have a nice house, the SUV, the kids and the expensive trips. They also get bored and have an affair on the side with someone outside their income level aka "The help" because their needs weren't being met in the bedroom or hubby is having an affair with his secretary. You may think it's good to marry for money and all the financial security that comes with it, but eventually one of the spouses gets bored and wants to seek escapism either through an affair, drugs or alcohol.

I guess the married for money thing isn't all that's cracked up to be.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 789
Posted: 3/8/2013 4:01:08 PM
Whats funny about this thread is those who did it solely in the beginning. Have found out later their personal freedom was worthless in the end.
As it was not a relationship that meant the other should love you too.

So, pick your poison.......And now for those,when you get long in the tooth and set in your comfort zone, the money from another does not mean you'll be better off in the long run again does it........

As your freedom now is really free. And that for many, can not buy as of yet.
 Football11234
Msg: 790
Posted: 3/8/2013 4:13:16 PM
Nope. Never ever depend on anyone is my motto. I would rather be happy and independent than rich and miserable.

Although I hear thr first marriage is for money, the second is for love. I often hear that from bored housewives, my thought is if you married for love things might not have happened the way they did. Also walk away with nothing? Iron clad prenup?
 Just___Jim
Msg: 791
Posted: 3/10/2013 6:03:48 PM

Although I hear the first marriage is for money, the second is for love. I often hear that from bored housewives, my thought is if you married for love things might not have happened the way they did.

Your now very wise beyond your young years football.

And lets not forget ego in our decision in why he or she is a great pick too. And what trophy man or trophy wife would not agree too. As the love for status and money is they think better then true love too at the moment ?

imo pick your poison,like empty calories, and pick what feeds the ego..... or u till you see what's been really in front of you all the time.
 Deepseaceecee
Msg: 792
Posted: 3/10/2013 7:43:43 PM
A woman who marries for money earns every penny.

If you dont have a pre nup why would you consider marrying someone you dont really love. A multi millionaire can buy a young hottie so I presume you are one. Hopefully he is not on dating sites as then I am sure he is not who he says he is.

Sooner or later one of you would stray, or both, and I dont see why a man would marry a woman who clearly is there for the money only. He can buy all he wants and have a variety.

T his is a hypothetical question I am assuming.

You would be nothing but a legal prostitute and if that sits well with you, then okay. Marriage is about shared assets and of course money it is important but I wouldnt bother to marry anyone I didnt fancy, at least like a lot and ideally love. Rather be alone and have my self respect and my financial independence which I have..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >