Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lilian76
Msg: 151
view profile
History
would you marry for money?Page 4 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
NO NO NO!!!!
THAT WOULD BE LIKE GOING TO PRISON...I THINK HUMANES ARE NOT FOR SALE AS LONG AS THEIR SOULS ARE THERE. MONEY CANNOT BUY HAPPINESS
 raychass
Msg: 152
would you marry for money?
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:22:42 PM
Honestly i would really think about it because i am so sick and tired of being broke ass poor.
 OutMind
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:30:28 PM
Is she good looking, has a big boat, plenty of female assistants, even a cabana boy for her for when I am tired of doing her. An apartment in Paris, another one in Rio and one overlooking Time Square. Would I marry her. Fvck no. I am too stupid to take charity. Besides, happiness is where you are and make out it, you start compromising your life all there will be left is shit and excuses. Live, pursue, enjoy, even if what you reaped was just some nasty water in the dessert during an adventure race.
 Swabbas
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:39:26 PM
People sell their souls everyday for money...recently someone I loved very much...walked away after 8 good years...for the lust of money....happens...one thing that will draw the true content of one's character out into the open...is the LUST for MONEY...troubled times...broke...and an offer of relief??? Ah hell yeah...just pretend it is LOVE...and dump all that has been good and true blue for you, wipe it right off your shoe..........who needs loyalty, devotion and tried and true...when you can drive a nice pick up pulling a nice boat and wear the diamond stud earring and PRETEND you EARNED every dime!! Be ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS!! Take on the 'high brow attitude....look down your nose at all the low life" and forget you were ever anything but the piece of plastic you are now..BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!!

stormy15
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:54:00 PM
That would be....not just no...but "HELL NO"...
 Berni Rose
Msg: 156
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:05:26 PM
No I would not marry for money.
You still gotta with them, with them, and take on the whole family .
Money does not mean somone is a good person ; of course depending on how they got it and what they do with it.
Money is the root of all evil and cannot buy true-love or happiness.
I choose to fall in-love with the man , not the money.
If he is rich.......He can tell me after we are married.
Then he will know for sure that I married him and not the money.
Of course it would be nice not to live paycheck-to-paycheck and for once not have to look at a price tag.
I raised a Son by myself without support, whom I recently lost .
It has been a struggle, but I manage.
 SassySky
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:12:02 PM
Nope not for all the tea in China since I would always feel bought
 Angel-waves
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:34:29 PM
In a Heart Beat!

with a touch of of course....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh..
 Swabbas
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:45:00 PM
OH!! and TRUE LOVE has no age limit...no boundaries, it is unconditional....and has NOTHING to do with age.....money can make a mockery of it....but, it can't destroy it...and long after one has wiped their feet of the "real thing" for the lust of money...long long after...he/she will remember way back when...when they were of 'value' in someones heart...back when he/she didn't have a dime......
when the money runs out...and the LUST isn't as becoming anymore...they will remember all they threw away.....and it will hurt more than any troubles they ever had because they were 'out of money'......when they realize they are way way 'out of love'....
 Swan_Song
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:36:28 PM
NO.........I would not.
 Swabbas
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:37:24 PM
I certainly would marry someone w/out money.
Would I marry someone w/out money, that didn't think working should be expected?
NO.
It isn't money...it is the transparent opportunist looking for a 'free ride'...looking to 'better thier lives' (as my ex described his actions)...VIA someone else's money.
 Swan_Song
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:39:07 PM
gettoelf your headed for a troublesome relationship. I would marry the person I feel is right for me...money or NO money. Some of the happiest people in this world has no or very little money. The love of money brings many pains in life.
 honeybee063
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:57:10 PM
No I wouldn't, more things in life then money...And yes we do need it ti live, but Not to be happy.....JMO..........Honeybee...................
 morwa
Msg: 164
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:45:05 AM
There's a nice saying where I came from... A person is asked: wouldn't you want to get rich or marry rich? And the response is: "It would be great if coffins had pockets!" In other words, if you marry for money, your life is briefly exciting and than you are really alone again...You're left with all this money and then you die and nobody cares except maybe your children and other family fighting over the iheritance like vultures...If that's the only reason you decide to tie the knot, I'm sorry, you're a gold digger! You are an empty shell...
 magmax
Msg: 165
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:47:18 AM
How much of the $10 million is liquid?
 *UltimateHeartSurgeon*
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/25/2007 7:57:39 AM
I would not marry for money.

But I'm a guy, it's ok for me to socially not care about how much money my potential bride brings into the picture. I accept though that how much money I can offer makes a huge difference in my range of options in terms of marriage candidates. I also accept that if I marry someone around my socioeconomic level, that there is more common ground to share and the relationship might have a better chance.

Given the reality of modern marriage and the rates of divorce, it's near financial suicide to marry someone who is not around your income level. That's not to say a person should rule it out, but it's something you have to think long and hard about as a male.

In an ideal world, if two people love each other, nothing else should matter. But as a guy, I know other things do matter, they matter a great deal. I wish it was different but wishing doesn't change the world.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/25/2007 7:58:57 AM
Interesting comments, maybe the thread should say; Would you marry only for money?

Kind of a loaded question, and naturally and the majority of folks would say no . I have only been in love twice,once for money and once for love.

And was there a lessen to be learned when it was all said and done? Yes, to me there was,
we all need to make money,sell,buy,barter,etc to exist in this society, and being in a relationship where money has the highest priority it does get very insensitive, money is power and control and cannot substitute for love and $ does not have a conscious, and if one thinks you can shower the person with homes,cars, gifts,etc without true love, well guess what, you will always feel emptiness inside.
Money helps but it does buy love... in true love it is a happy balance and respect.

When I was in the Peace Corps many moons ago, I worked in very poor conditions according to our standards, yet the love was there and this is what touched me in my experience there.

This is a paradox and I quote, "When I have nothing,I have everything to give"

*Just Jim*
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:02:29 AM
Money helps but it does buy love... in true love it is a happy balance and respect.

Correction: Money helps but does not buy love.....
 Swabbas
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:22:21 AM
Again....I don't believe it is MONEY...it is the LUST for money...
When someone is having a sudden extreme hard time financially....and they begin making decisions based on offers of MONEY and RELIEF due to these hard times....
When they suddenly go for the MONEY and create a new relationship with the person with the MONEY......they've LUSTED.....they've allowed their current situation to blind them and control the situation..."falling in love" suddenly because the money will fix all the 'ails' them. It is a 'band aid"....some can live their whole lives with a 'band aid' existance....never looking any deeper than their wallet...or someone else's....empty loveless lives.........
 XXXJADEDXXX
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:44:05 AM
I think this question has morphed into a new question…for love or money??? Does it matter? Some say love doesn’t buy happiness. Now you have to have money in the first place to even make that statement. After all every where I go people are asking for my money. Others say love endures all things. Then why are divorce rates so high?

Truth is you can fall OUT of love just as fast as spending money. So love yourself and make a million!!! You can always date from time to time. You’ll find it’s far less frustrating and much safer both emotionally and financially.
 12_BUCKS
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:47:17 AM

I think this question has morphed into a new question…for love or money??? Does it matter? Some say love doesn’t buy happiness. Now you have to have money in the first place to even make that statement. After all every where I go people are asking for my money. Others say love endures all things. Then why are divorce rates so high?

Truth is you can fall OUT of love just as fast as spending money. So love yourself and make a million!!! You can always date from time to time. You’ll find it’s far less frustrating and much safer both emotionally and financially.

yeah i sort of agree to that i saw this lady today she was young and beautiful and yet her hubby was an old guy plus she looked realy sad and wondered if she regrets being with him, she probably likes the comfortable life sure but she didnt look happy, money doesnt make u happy they say but happiness generates financial success and therefore you can have love n money. happiness is a a moment in time its not everlasting just like sex etc i think other factors contribute to a fall in a relationship like age, who's domineering in the relationship, rich people tend to walk over people because they feel powerful example PAUL MCCARTNEY, GREG NORMAN see what happened to their wives, other factors are they have to many expactations of their partner to be, like a noble prince etc so wishful thinking alway leads to disappointment.
 Starry Nights
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:29:52 PM
I'm sorry but for me money doesn't make the person....
I don't care what you drive.. what you own.. and did I say that money just doesn't interest me... its what is on the inside that counts... I've been poor all my life and I'm used to it... I can be happy just the way I am... no thanks..
 Song Sparrow
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:33:45 PM
No I wouldn't marry for money. I want love this time..... wait a minute I didn't have either last time!! LOL
 Angel-waves
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/25/2007 1:54:21 PM
ok ok.....for the love of money, for the love of love.....
True love is the source needed for true fulfillment....and
thats the truth nothing but the truth!

mis132
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/25/2007 2:18:40 PM
Hell no! I would rather be happy:)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >