Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nebula22
Msg: 176
would you marry for money?Page 5 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Money can't buy you love......... But Passion ? hmmm ,,, Now if the real PASSION was there i would have to say... Here i am baby , I'm all yours.. Of course money wouldn't hurt..
 Huggles
Msg: 177
would you marry for money?
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:42:00 PM
Money runs out....love walks in.
 Reenie999
Msg: 178
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:45:40 PM
Of course not!!

What is the point in marrying someone I have no particular interest in, putting my all into the legal bargain I made , and then walking out with nothing after all the time and effort I put in?? That would be ridiculous!!
 Stocker
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:48:17 PM
"Money may not buy happiness, but you can have it delivered for testing."

Bob Hope 1949
 iago_lives
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:48:22 PM

I would have to ask two questions before/if I would marry for money.
1. How much?
2. and the most important one is How close to death are they?

Good points.

The only question I'd add is:

3. How big is your butt?
 iago_lives
Msg: 182
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:50:21 PM

Money runs out....love walks in.

I have absolutely no idea what that ^^^^^^^ means.
 Huggles
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/25/2007 5:52:37 PM
Sorry Iago...it means that you can run out of money....but when love walks into your life..that's all that matters and hopefully LASTS LONGER THAN MONEY! (play on words) :)
 iago_lives
Msg: 184
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:07:34 PM

Sorry Iago...it means that you can run out of money....but when love walks into your life..that's all that matters and hopefully LASTS LONGER THAN MONEY!

Hey, thanks for clarifying. I was mighty confused, 'cause from what I've heard in a few cases is that when the money runs out, so does the spouse.

And, well, it's a nice idea that love lasts longer, but it really is being a bit too hopeful, methinks. We like to think so, but reality always has that nasty way of showing up and knockin' on the door.
 nosboh2
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:27:23 PM
no i wouldn't monrey can't buy happiness
 ~rain~
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:29:20 PM
laffs...

money would be the only reason I would get married..I am to smart otherwise..

of course..I would sign any pre nup he put in front of me..after all..its only fair..

(sits back and awaits the bashing)...LMAO
 iago_lives
Msg: 187
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:33:50 PM

(sits back and awaits the bashing)...LMAO

rain...

You won't get any bashing from me. I think that self-professed gold-diggers and prostitutes are amongst the most honest women around. They exchange money for sex and are upfront and honest about it. Perfect! I see absolutely nothing wrong with stating your intentions and allowing the other party to choose how or whether they want to be involved.

(realizing, of course, that you just MAY have been joking)
 gardennut
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/25/2007 6:40:31 PM
Haven't read the posts here, but thought I'd throw in something I read today.

Multi-millionaire man in his mid-forties is being sued by various women for playing them (apparently about a dozen at a time). His photo shows him to be homely with a HUGE belly. Photos of 4 of his female partners show them to be beautiful and petite.

I wonder how many of these women would have looked twice at him if he wasn't stinking rich?

Perhaps I'm wrong, and they were all seduced by his lovely personality.

Personally, I have always avoided dating men with excess amounts of money. I have been fiercely independent since my teens and I have made it a point to be able to provide for myself and my family. This has left me free to choose a man for qualities other than what may appear in his wallet.
 ~rain~
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2007 7:07:58 PM

self-professed gold-diggers and prostitutes
?????

how is saying that..."the only reason I would get married would be if he was rich"...
make me a self-professed gold-diggers and a prostitute???...LMAO

I am prefectly happy never ever EVER getting married..
I have made it 41 years so far..I am sure I can go the distance unmarried now.. and arent gold diggers..the ones who seek out rich people just for marriage??..

I dont ever.......seek!

I guess Ignorance really is bliss huh?

As for honesty...
Yes...I believe honesty is always best...It hardly makes me a" self-professed gold-digger and prostitute"
 passagekey
Msg: 190
Posted: 9/25/2007 7:13:37 PM
money would be the only reason I would get married..I am to smart otherwise

You're right to think that way!The truth is you can love a rich person as well as a poor one."It's good to be the King" and the kings wife LOL.

Now it's my turn to get bashed.....
 aprilwine49
Msg: 191
Posted: 9/25/2007 7:15:57 PM
No , l would not marry for money. Money can't make up for a loveless marriage. l want passion and the whole thing.
 iago_lives
Msg: 192
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:07:51 PM
Yes...I believe honesty is always best...It hardly makes me a" self-professed gold-digger and prostitute"

Well, if you look closely, I did not refer to you specifically as a gold-digger or a prostitute.

I was commenting, however, on your statement that you would only marry 'if he was rich' or something like that.

Who knows if your comment was made in jest or not? Only you.

I was merely commenting on your reference to marrying a guy with money. If you are serious, good for you. That's honest. Prostitutes are honest about their relations with men as well. Perfect.

As far as ignorance being bliss, I've seen it many times and I'm pretty sure it must be.

Cheers.

Edit to add:

I re-read your first post.... If you would only marry someone for his money, how IS that different than a gold-digger? And, again, not knockin' the honesty if that's how you feel. I like it. And, if you are just jokin' somehow it didn't translate... darn the written word at times.
 MichaelRayBuddy
Msg: 193
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:29:14 PM
NOPE! I wouldn't marry for nothin' much less a few bucks, it aint got no cooth
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 194
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:37:36 PM
I wouldn't get married only for money, but I surely wouldn't marry anyone who isn't financially responsible. That doesn't mean they have to be rich, it means they know how to manage their money.
Most people who say money doesn't matter are only fooling themselves, look at how many divorces happen over issues directly or indirectly because of money!!!!!!! I think only 2 types of people don't care about money, those that have more than they will ever spend and those that have none at all.
So my point is if there are any real rich women here feel free to contact me, I don't hate you for having money
 JuJuBee
Msg: 195
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:09:25 PM
If I didn't love the person, nothing else would matter to me. Period. Money enough to float a boat or tater-sack poor. Love is all.
 BeerShark
Msg: 196
Posted: 9/25/2007 11:06:44 PM
Seems to me you have nullified your own question. The idea of marrying just for money is to get as much of that money as possible. If you toss in that little previso of not getting any of it, you remove the motivation to marry for the money. So I ask you now, What's the point of your question?
 12_BUCKS
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/26/2007 4:21:55 AM

> rich people tend to walk over people because they feel powerful example
> PAUL MCCARTNEY, GREG NORMAN see what happened to their wives.

They got extremely rich off of someone else's creativity and talent with little effort?

yeah true but remember greg normans wife stood by him he's the one that cheated so in short he did walk over her, people with money tend to do that nearly 90% of the time, as for paul mccartney his first wife she died of cancer and most relationships that end in that particular way are from stress and repression of feelings so death is their only way out a study has shown that look it up if you dont believe me, some rich guys have it coming because they are too selfish n I dont mean by giving her lots of money or diamonds but by being a tight wad by not even giving her a cup of coffee some guys are jerks to their women.
As for his second wife he had that coming but even she was a victim of his greediness.
The man has always been the provider for women and they have been the support for us men, its just the way it is even in the animal kingdom look at some birds like the weaver bird she will appreciate you if you care for her just remember NO FINANCE, NO ROMANCE!
Also remember our times have changed so people think women are gold diggers but forget men can be too. example OPRAH WINFREYS boyfriend i forgot his name but you get the picture.
 ndnspyter
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/26/2007 6:41:30 AM
no way, money is the root of all evil, why marry them when you would never be happy!
 Murf167
Msg: 199
Posted: 9/26/2007 7:00:50 AM
Money is NOT in fact the root of all evil. The love of money over people is the root of all evil.

I wouldn't marry for money, but I'm not going to marry someone who's lack of responsibility and/or effort has caused them to be penniless either. Certain aspects of a woman's character which are appealing to me (intelligence, work ethic, dynamic risk taker) are going to naturally lead them to be financially successful.
 WindRoper
Msg: 200
Posted: 9/26/2007 7:02:54 AM
I feel that I probably won't marry again at all... even for all the money in the world.
 allenb66
Msg: 201
Posted: 9/26/2007 12:54:52 PM
I personally would never marry for money. I have had two chances to marry wealthy
women . The relationships just didnt work out. I could have closed my eyes to this
however I want be happy in my life. Why would anybody want to live a lie not me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >