Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 367
would you marry for money?Page 6 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
In this economy, you bet your ass I would marry for money...if I believed in marriage. If both consenting adults know what situation they are getting into, I don't see a problem. Everyone has a price, I'm just very expensive.
 Vannili
Msg: 368
view profile
History
would you marry for money?
Posted: 12/6/2008 10:37:20 AM
I would marry a man with money, WHO LOVE AND CHERISH ME AND THINK HIGHLY OF ME. ** Your qoute ," nothing goes in your name, you walk out with what you came in with.." So this hypothetical millionaire is marrying a woman for just a polite conversation ,no emotional / mental chemistry and showing her his assets that he has a 10 million dollars ? Yawn,, excuse me I have to read some novel of Danielle Steel, it makes more sense to me..
 Blisspainter
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2008 10:46:10 AM
Life is way too short to marry for money. Everyday you would wonder what you were missing out on by being with him, everytime you saw someone who attracted you it would be a reminder. Its not how many breathes you take but how many take your breathe away. You will not have many really breathtaking moments with someone that you do not have that deep feeling for.....................
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 373
Posted: 12/23/2008 5:27:11 PM
No i wouldn't get married for money. I want to marry for love.
 mariacba
Msg: 374
Posted: 12/23/2008 6:16:52 PM
Somebody said "money is not a synonym of happiness but better cry over a Ferrari"

Just teasing.
 ducman.0402
Msg: 375
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:56:36 AM
Absolutely no way!...money dosn't show you unconditional affection,respect and attention.......well...perhaps,neither does a woman,but thats not the point!..The point is.....how attractive is the woman again?....so do i have to return christmas and birthday presents if i walk out?
 merza
Msg: 376
Posted: 12/24/2008 1:04:37 AM
Yes. But a iam a little hore-ish, basically pay me enough i will do anything, literally anything
 DOC226
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:07:31 PM
When I was in college a group of student in my dorm (coed) got into a discussion group on ethics in life. The question for the day was close, except the question was "would you have sex with a person you were not married to". It was the 60s, and people were starting to become fairly liberal.

I arranged the group was that we were sitting in a circle, with Beth (a very conservative and religious girl) on my left, and Linda (the groups ultra-liberal) to my right. I made sure to go around the group clockwise. Beth started, and said no, she wanted to be a virgin on her wedding night. Most of the gals said they would if they were engaged, or loved the guy. The last person to answer the question was Linda, who didn't disappointment me when she said, "If he was good looking, and it felt good, Hell Yes"

So then I changed the question "Would you have sex with someone you neither loved, or even found attractive, if you would be paid one million dollars, tax free?" Again, Beth gave a firm no. The remaining answers varied as we went around the group, with some gals asking "how ugly is he" but most at least considering. Again, Linda did not disappoint me with her answer. "For One Million Dollars Tax Free, Hell Yes If he looks too bad I can always put a bag over my face"

Then I reached into my pocket, counted my change, and asked her "How about for $2.35? Linda recoiled in disgust, and angrily asked "For $2.35, what kind of girl do you think I am?"

I calmly replied "You have already established that; now I am haggling price".

Almost everyone laughed, until I went on the say "Some people marry for money, not love. Some people laugh at jokes they find offensive, or endure sexual harassment, just to keep a well paying job. We all prostitute ourselves to some extent. The ladies on the street are at least honest about their motives. " You could have heard a pin drop, until I finally said "Tomorrows subject well be...."

Gives you pause for thought, doesn't it? Have a Happy New Year.
 tragicallyfunny
Msg: 378
Posted: 1/4/2009 6:14:56 PM

So then I changed the question "Would you have sex with someone you neither loved, or even found attractive, if you would be paid one million dollars, tax free?" Again, Beth gave a firm no. The remaining answers varied as we went around the group, with some gals asking "how ugly is he" but most at least considering. Again, Linda did not disappoint me with her answer. "For One Million Dollars Tax Free, Hell Yes If he looks too bad I can always put a bag over my face"

Then I reached into my pocket, counted my change, and asked her "How about for $2.35? Linda recoiled in disgust, and angrily asked "For $2.35, what kind of girl do you think I am?"

I calmly replied "You have already established that; now I am haggling price".

Bahahahahahaha! That was priceless!! So, you still have that $2.35..........
 thecheekychick
Msg: 382
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:56:00 AM
I would NEVER marry for money! There is not enough money in the world for me to be with someone I am not in love with..
NOOO WAY!
 Cogie36
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 9:17:21 AM
Why would you marry someone without some guarantee that if you walked out you would get nothing.......and not to mention you'd have to have sex with them to make things legal...i'm not marrying for money hell i've been poor my whole life and i'm gettin pretty damn good at it!!!!!!!....
 MOTORCYCLEMAN4U
Msg: 395
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:05:32 PM
No and it has nothing to do with money.
 frtnhnfloed
Msg: 398
Posted: 1/7/2009 1:07:05 PM
You bet, i would! if they have that much money, it would be worth it, because u can be rich and have something on the side.

I say show me the money

kpooks
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:50:53 PM
NO.

First time I had to perform "marital duties" and couldn't get it up, that'd be kind of a problem, don'tcha think?
 FastReb
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:18:56 PM
Ah, but you probably wouldn't walk out with what you came in with. Most states are either a community property state or have laws that say what ever is acquired during the marriage is marital property. This would include any interest accrued off those assets.

However, there is an old joke that covers this situation pretty much to a T. Ladies, understand this could also apply the other way. It goes like this:

A man was at a party and saw this woman he was very attracted to. He went over and began a conversation with her. During the conversation he asked, "Would you go to bed with someone for just one night if they gave you a million dollars?" She replied, "Well, yes." The man then asked if she would do the same for a hundred dollars. The woman replied, "Of course not, what kind of a woman do you think I am."
The man then said, "We've already established what kind of woman you are, we're just negotiating price now."

If you're getting married for any other reason than love, then you're a prostitute. The only question is how much has to be in the asset column for you to give in.
 arcticdude
Msg: 403
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:03:12 PM
Reply to initial post (I've not read anything else in this thread):

No way! I would never marry for money.

Also, I would not 'not marry' for lack of money, or 'not marry' because of an abundance of money.

Money is not a motivating factor for me. That said, I do look for drive and goals and some direction in life. Money can sometimes be evidence of a goal oriented person.

Chemistry & common values first...Money? Whatever...
 arcticdude
Msg: 404
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:06:54 PM
I meant money is not a motivating factor for me in the realm of relationships...In business? Hell yeah...show me the money!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 407
Posted: 1/8/2009 8:26:13 PM
This is not a simple question to answer. There are few things I need to know to make an informed decision. These questions assume there is no attraction (emotional or physical)...

How long do we have to stay married?

How much money is involved?

Do I have to consummate?

windypace2600
Msg: 411
Posted: 1/8/2009 11:40:40 PM
no..............

If and when I ever marry again... it will be for compaionship and passion...

I don't care if he has money but I do care that he is financially stable.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 412
Posted: 1/9/2009 7:32:20 AM
I wouldnt marry for money.
I have to be attracted to someone.
But i sure as hell woudlnt marry someone poor that would be a leech on me.
For me the ideal marriage woulkd be where there is passionate love and amazing chemistry, AND enough money to enjoy a nice lifestyle together.
 Neil29
Msg: 416
Posted: 1/9/2009 3:24:33 PM
Ive been making my own way and close to getting to my goal. I wouldn't trade the possiblity of meeting somebody for love, nor sell my soul, just to have an easier life. Being able to laugh on a mattress on the floor is more important than taking a trip with somebody that can't even make you crack a smile.
 doesitmattertou
Msg: 417
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:00:11 PM
Well, Im not sure. If we were really great friends, we got along super well, and life together would be great - I might marry him. But keep in mind, I do look at things differently than most people.
I think i would marry someone now that I may not have great love for but I am very fond of him, he treats me super well, and we could have a good life together. I think we could grow to love in a very special way.
The money would be nice and would keep that from being something that be a stressor.
 mar459
Msg: 418
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:51:02 PM
...No I WOULD NOT marry for money...But if the one I'm marrying has money..so be it............that works
 UpanComin
Msg: 420
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:04:33 AM
i believe dignity can be worth 10 million dollars
 UpanComin
Msg: 421
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:07:12 AM
but if its $10,000,001.00 shit my pants come off flying
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >