Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Minau
Msg: 422
would you marry for money?Page 7 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I could have married someone who I was in love with who had money...okey, he was only worth 8 million...nonetheless he proposed...and I turned it down...he was a cheater...so my answer would be NO I would not marry for money.
 dolcesempre
Msg: 430
would you marry for money?
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:42:02 PM
Money isn't everything. You should be happy with yourself & well as your significant other. If you are not happy with that. How are you to be happy once all the money is gone from your life?

DolceSempre.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 431
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:51:55 PM
I wouldn't even go on ONE date for money. Years ago a strange friend of my parents' told me one simple statement that still irks the hell out of me: Don't marry for money, just love where money is. PFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ~ worse snip-it I've ever heard.
 barbee1970
Msg: 434
Posted: 1/22/2009 10:36:33 PM
Nope! I'm not a gold digger. I want to spend my life with someone I truly love, so I would be honest to myself and him.
 parklabrea
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:00:22 PM
As it so happens, I did marry for money. And I must admit there are times, as I sit here in my jet, while Chemise hands me my drink, that I wonder, "Did I do the right thing?" "Should I have held out for love instead of lounging in the lap of luxury, able to indulge every whim?" The question bothers me for about six seconds, then I sip my Martini and watch Chemise's ass, as she walks back to the cabin.
 trailgirl
Msg: 438
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:42:14 PM
Nope, and nope again. Money doesn't buy happiness or lessen marriage stress - been there, done that. Though in my defense, I did not know he was wealthy when I married him.
 Tanzkity
Msg: 440
Posted: 1/23/2009 12:14:36 AM
Did someone mention money..............
 casperella
Msg: 444
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:37:29 PM
Yes I would marry for money since the marrying for love kicked me in my assss....
 SexyCuteFun
Msg: 445
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:59:02 PM
First of all, if someone showed me legal forms like that, I think I'd run! FAST! For someone to brag about themselves like that is just wrong! That is so shallow! Actually, money is the last thing I look for in someone. A lot of my friends/family disagree and tell me I should look for money. It is a temporary happiness and doesn't last. It's nice to have sure, but I can't be that shallow and be attracted to a bank account.
 CLS257
Msg: 447
Posted: 1/23/2009 8:52:52 PM
Heck no, I don't need anybodys money. I have my own. I would be with someone because they had money.
 arcticdude
Msg: 450
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:43:01 AM

Hold on... all the women here say they'd not marry for money.

Well. I'm dirt poor. Yet when I open the front door of my dung-hill, I see no long line of women wanting to marry me.

Yeah, but that might just show that they won't marry for poverty either... ...Maybe there are other reasons for the lack of a line up...I don't blame my current status on presence or lack of money. Personally, I'm sure among my many traits there are plenty besides money to attract or repulse just about anyone!
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 451
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:29:22 AM
Only if I could get a pony. And my own bedroom...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:32:11 AM

Instead, the better question is "how much easier does it become to fool yourself into thinking that you've found "the one", when said "one" owns a plane"? My guess is: easier than most think.

Now THAT is a good question.
 karma1160
Msg: 454
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:56:34 AM
Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is too short to sell out for money . Money is convienent but it won't keep you happy and you will grow to hate it. Are you for sale if you have determined that you are than why not just advertise your qualities and sell yourself to the highest bidder? YOU can only spend so much money sooner or later you are going to have to go home. What will your man eventually think of you when he knows he could buy you with his money and that you don't really love him?
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 455
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 1/25/2009 12:10:34 PM
Well....if I could have my current mortgage paid off, and all my other bills, I might think LONG AND HARD about it.....

Throw in "quit yout part-time job", and my thought pattern/decision would be SHORT AND SWIFT......

So what if I "left the marriage" with what I came in with? Paid off mortgage and bills....would still be ahead of the "game."
 Twilightslove
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 12:18:11 PM
Interesting question.

When I was younger I lived in a well to do home. My parents friends were well to do as well. I didn't like their friends snooty attitudes and decided that I wouldn't want to marry someone with money because they were snobs so I married men without money.

As I grew older and lived with my REAL men I began to realize that they did not share my ambitions and dreams. I realized that their goals were not the same as mine and were in fact set WAY TOO low. Their ideas about being able to support the home while in some ways were the same as my fathers were in other ways too simplistic. They thought supporting the home meant making enough money to pay bills and rent; buy food but had no concern about how the clothing would come, how savings would help, and how getting ahead might actually benefit a families growing needs. Yes, needs........no large toys. They had no problems spending too much on alcohol and going out on the town alone but they had a problem with buying presents for the children, clothes, and spending money on music lessons, instruments, and sports.

Today, I do not see the well to do as snobs. I see them more as people who understand that you have to be strong in your convictions in order to provide the family with their needs and then if you have more after savings to supply their family with entertainment.

Love is always the most desirable asset to have in a relationship yet love is often something you grow in to with time and experience so I wouldn't discount a person who was well to do today simply because there was no immediate fireworks, bells going off, and I didn't feel all giddy every time I saw them or they spoke. I can see the beginnings of a working relationship with a person who looks o.k. to me; who I can comfortably converse with; and who I have a moderate emotional and mental chemistry to already. I still think I would take it slow though as no matter if a person has money or has no money they can end up a BEAR to live with.
 Vannili
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 11:33:21 AM
No I will not marry for money, what if the moneyed man lose all his money after I married him ? What will happen to me ? How can buy these designers clothes,shoes,purses, diamonds, cruises, etc?? I fainted.
 MarcWiseGentleman82
Msg: 464
would you marry for money??? - O - ???
Posted: 4/1/2009 10:22:16 AM
I would not marry for money. Besides if a person wants to marry you because of money.......he or she is not in love with you!!!!!!!!!!! Some women all said that they are looking for a man that is nice and caring, but some do not mean it. Usually if the woman is looking for a man to take care of them financially, then I make a run for it!!!!
 Always99
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2009 6:41:34 PM
No I couldn't. Even though I have been married and divorced I still believe in marriage and the fairytale that comes with it.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 473
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:39:47 AM
No. Simply no. It's the day to day that is most important to me. I could go to prison and have one million dollars in the bank.

My freedom and happiness and the strength and maturity of my children and grandchildren are the most important things to me. I'm "laying up treasures" that no one can take from me and they are treasures that have eternal value not just momentary value.

Having said that, neither do I want a stingy, self-centered, what's in it for me, what have you done for me lately, yours and mine, not ours, lazy, selfish man with a horrible attitude toward women either.

Someone with the same goals as mine, someone who believes in family and giving to the poor and needy, with open arms and an open heart whether his pocketbook is full or not.

If I were to meet and fall in love with and find due respect for someone, I would want to be with them. Money isn't my first consideration.
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 474
Posted: 4/11/2009 3:24:31 PM
"is that canadian or US funds?. "

I am SOOOOOO glad I did not have coffee in my mouth when I read this, or Ii woulda had one very unhappy puter to deal with... too funny.

Suz aka Sami
 KamamaThule
Msg: 475
Posted: 4/11/2009 4:04:24 PM
No. Simple as. Money or not, I could never marry someone I did not find attractive.
 Stephalump
Msg: 476
Posted: 4/11/2009 4:29:32 PM
I always said the first time I'd marry for love. If that didn't work, I'd marry for money.
Now that it's time for me to put up or shut up...
There's no way in hell. There is always, ALWAYS a price tag.
 kchatwithme
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:32:20 PM
I could!!!!!!!! lol
 xbabyxangel705
Msg: 478
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:57:32 PM
definately not. if i wanted to marry for money i couldve done that by now.. (sadly).

i'm indian. i have a dowry.. my family wants me to get an arranged marriage.
but i want to marry for love. not convienience... the true depth and meaning behind the word marriage has been thrown out the window these days it would seem :(
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >