Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 480
view profile
History
would you marry for money?Page 8 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Is there any other worthwhile reason? Love is a myth. Companionship fades, as does physical attraction. Marry for money and at least your bills will always be paid and you'll have opportunities to do things you probably never imagined you could.
 Mzpurple
Msg: 481
would you marry for money?
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:05:00 AM
Absolutely not!!!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:24:35 AM
No I would not! I met a local attorney on here and we went out on a date. He was shorter than he said and his profile said he was attractive which I didn't think so. I told him we could remain friends and hang out. He then showed me his bank books on all the accounts he had. He had alot of money in the banks. I said this doesn't change anything. We became best friends for 9 mos and the whole time he tryed to get me to move in. He had a hot tub and in ground pool. The house was nice. He tryed to take me on trips and buy me things. I told him every week we were only friends and it would never change. I'm not for sale so u can't buy me. To me chemistry and passion are more important. I told him I would rather date a guy with no job if I had chemistry and passion with. He had lots of other women wanting to move in and go on the trips. It was hard for me to understand how they could have sex with him? Money can't buy love!
 celts123
Msg: 485
Posted: 4/19/2009 12:06:23 PM
I don't think the majority of people would marry someone due to money. But some people would. Case in point. Anna Nicole Smith.
 Vannili
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:44:07 AM
No, I would marry a man with money , so he can contribute on living expenses or he can support me if I have to stay home to take care of our kids.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 492
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:27:59 AM
Well I've learned never to say never...so who knows
 DallasFan1960
Msg: 500
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:45:12 AM
Anyone who answer's they would not marry for money verses "Love" ? are pure Liars!
There is no one who would forego a better lifestyle for the immediate than staying in a humble ,or very modest exsistance even for a few years.

It matters not if you were born into money, earned it, enherited it, or won it in the lottery? wealth begets wealth! once you have some you want more, there goes the search for the ultimate "Upgrade".

Woman as a general rule will, marry for money because they believe they deserve the very best lifestyle possible. Some will love that person of wealth with all thier being. Some will marry to live the life of wealth and try to have thier cake and eat it too.

Wealthy men know that if they can capture the embrace of any woman because of thier wealth they can cheat and keep on cheating because the mall hopping wife will not want to revert back to her humble beginings. Just fact! and I challenge anyone to debate the facts!
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 7:06:34 PM
No. Money can be temporal and fleeting, you never know if it's always going to be there. Just look at the current economy. I'd much rather marry for Love, Respect, Compatibility and Loyalty.
 Topcat263
Msg: 504
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:37:24 AM
Absolutely not, if I am going to marry someone I need to have the right chemistry, attraction, emotional connection, trust, respect, love, committment, and what a marriage is really about. Money does not buy love. I have only been married once and we had money near the end and it didnt make either of us happy. I will not marry again unless I find somone that I feel all of these feelings with him.
 Topcat263
Msg: 505
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:39:33 AM
no they all would not, it is not worth having to put up with all the bs that goes with it..................
 Topcat263
Msg: 506
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:48:34 AM
You really dont know much about all women, not all women care about money and all the toys a man has. What is the point of marrying someone you are not in love with and have to put up with his running around and anything else he thinks he can do just because he married someone who wants someone to take care of her and knows he has control over her with his money. There are alot of women who are very capable of taking care of themselves and make their own money and really do not need a mans money and do not want it. It really is annoying that some people think they can compare all women to the gold diggers that are out there. But this goes both ways there are men who prey on wealthy women. There really are genuine people (men and women) in this world who really do not care about how much money a person has.
 DallasFan1960
Msg: 507
Posted: 4/22/2009 6:20:41 AM
Thanx Marial, I appreciate your insight especially since the " Back Mountain " area is considered one of the wealthiest area's of real estate in all of pennsylvania. To be specific and no way defensive! I have traveled all over this country as an Army Officer
and in no way am I small town minded or, a native of this area. Merely renting here for the year. Educated at lehigh univ. and commisioned as an officer in 1987.

Other than vacations outside of pennsyltucky, were else have you resided? anywhere in Europe, South America, any other large populated region of this country? I lived and thrive in the busiest cities like Dallas,Tx metroplex, Tallahassee, Fl, Houston Tx. ect, ect. I know people who are wealthier than you, and they have reasons to be snobs.

You may want to deny your a snob, but while training for a Dallas, Pa pharmacy, I wittnessed all the " I'm Not superficial " ladies walking through those doors. Oh yeah, and the Grotto at harvey's lake, If that area isn't considered the snobs of snobs? Your lying to yourself.

Never " Assume" that you know who you are talking too, and what thier intillectual level is before you insult a small town type of person.

Have a wonderful day, Oh yeah ,I'll bet you drive to the shopps at Montage as well?

DallasFan1960
Msg: 508
Posted: 4/22/2009 6:47:51 AM
Morning Constant, Are you familiar with New Philidelphia, Va. ? a very good friend lives there that I have not seen in about 12 years. he owns 600 acres there with horses.
plus 400 acres in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania. Guess Marial would think that's poverty stricken, LOL! I served at Ft. Lee and was schooled as a quartermaster officer during the 1982 thru 1984 time frame. Spent 3 annual training periods at Ft. Pickett. You have some beautiful scenery down there.
 DallasFan1960
Msg: 510
Posted: 4/22/2009 9:24:12 AM
mandakay , that is the most irrresponsible statement I have ever read anywhere! I have never cheated on my son's mother, nor even thought about it! as a Chaplain who was available to troops 24/7, I spent countless hours keeping male troops from taking thier lives because while we were in a combat zone or as simple as away for 2 weeks annual training thier girlfriends and wives back home were cheating with anyone they could seduce!

I have conducted a multitude of counceling sessions with Military couple's dealing with temptation and Infidelity. the common denominator I heard from the woman's mouths, "well he was gone so long I needed someone"??? "I have needs ya know"!
excuse me mandakay, but a soldier away from home during desert storm, granada, and the extraction of the dictator in Panama was no trip to a strip joint.

When I was wounded in desert storm and my leg was tore up, the Red Cross attempted to reach my ex-wife to notify her of my situation. They couldn't reach her why? cause she dropped our 3 year old son in the lap of her grandmother to care for and spent the entire day with the married man she had been cheating on me with!

when she finally arrived home her uncle's and aunt's were waiting for her to demand an explination of where she was because I was wounded. Even her uncle a retired Army Intel officer couldn't even find her? Don't ever size up brave soldier's as if they all beat or, abuse thier spouce. there is more of that in civilian life than anywhere!
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 518
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:08:06 PM
How much money?
Like tons of it?
Dump trucks full?

ohhhhhh only 10 million?

No.
I thought I might for a moment, but then...no, not just for 10 million.

What happens if they die? Do I get to keep anything then?
 Kat0219
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 5:33:34 PM
Never marry for money.

Money can't buy happiness.

If I can't buy it on my own, I don't want it.
 barbee1970
Msg: 525
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:35:12 PM
Nope, not for the money. If I cannot see wanting to be with someone for life I won't marry him.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 527
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:21:15 PM
Sure why not. The relationship you do describe seems amicable enough and no pressure for anything other than polite company and companionship. I may be a bit jaded but the older I get the less importance there seems to be for me in romantic feelings, with more emphisis on compatability. If the other party knew I felt and felt the same way, why not. If however the other felt morre and was expecting or hoping that I would eventually, then no.

"No money does not make you happy.True love does...."

Oh contrier my dear,
"Love is pain. Anyone you tells you different is selling something."
-The Dread Pirate Roberts
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 529
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:21:03 AM
I would have to be wildy emotionally and physically attracted, and compatible, with someone to marry them, so i would not marry someone for money,

BUT

I would NOT marry a man who was fiscally irresponsible, and a bum.
i take care of myself andf my needs fiscally and am very responsible, and expect no less in a man. Plus, i came from a family where men provided. Though i dont need to be provided for, i like to know he can provide, if that makes any sense.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 530
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:28:10 AM
Probably not... even with all my financial stress these days.

There's just something about marrying into money.. it makes you feel weak.
 blondeandbloo
Msg: 531
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:29:54 AM
My mama always said...
Marry the first time for love, and the second time for Money!!
In the end...I've got to dig the person I wake up to every morning....but on the other side of that coin, I wouldn't marry poor either!
 mthomjmark
Msg: 532
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:04:20 PM
I could have and didn't ; this girl was very sweet and nice but when we started to date right away I realized she was an emotional nut; she wanted to get married right away; one weekend she was bored and bought a yacht. she was worth over 20 million dollars.

I dont need family money to make me happy; love is what it's about.
 el lagarto
Msg: 535
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:55:55 PM
Brings to mind a great line I heard good 'ole Dr. Phil say :

" when you marry for money , you earn every penny "

There's no amount of money on the planet that would be the enough for me to do it .
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 537
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:16:21 PM
How much we talking here?

No, he'd have to be perfect in every other way as well. But then again, I guess with all that money we could fix anything!

sassy_grneyes
Msg: 542
Posted: 5/10/2009 4:05:17 PM
That would be a big NO.I have tried dating someone I was not overly attracted to and in the end,it just doesn't work for me.My heart tends to take me towards men who have no money so why change that,lol.Money really doesn't bring all happiness...just a little :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >