Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Artist dating artist experiences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abmccray
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Artist dating artist experiencesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
LOL you know you cant ask this in a crowd where most arent artistic , especially on a professional level.. Unless you're a true artist you'll never understand it, the drive, the sacrifice required, the entire being of an artist. The responses you'll get are the same as the interactions of daily life with those who dont live a creative lifestyle. They just dont understand. And its not their fault, its just so far out of the norm.. makes it very difficult to relate.

I have a hard time relating to people who arent creative with a passion , not in daily life but in a relationship. It's more difficult than one would imagine.

This is completely true. While I -can- be with a non-artist; my most fulfilling relationships were always with fellow artists. There's just something "missing" in those that don't do art - it's like the creative energy and expression and fulfillment that we get out of creating things is "missing" in them, but then gets filtered through relationships, so that a lot of them put an over-importance on the relationship itself to make up with the lack of fulfillment that they get from a lack of creative output.

(and by "artists" I'm including musicians and writers as well, since the creative drive is the same)

My job is art, my side jobs/freelance are art, and I do art on the side. I draw, paint, create music, write, do photography, program and design games, and other stuff I'm forgetting at the moment - all for a living and as a hobby. So I pretty much live and breathe the various arts. And like other people have said, I get so into stuff that I can disappear for more than a day and forget to eat and drink anything.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 28
Artist dating artist experiences
Posted: 10/2/2012 9:50:52 PM
heARTTeacher- I can 'draw" a similar picture with my love of music.
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.
To open up your chances, open your mind to the different meanings of art and take a chance.
Life is what you make it and you hold the canvas.
 abmccray
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:14:53 PM
The original post is 5 years old...(why don't people read threads?)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:28:08 PM
abmccray- Well, just speaking for myself, if I dedicated that much time to this forum, I would stay single FOREVER.
Even if a thread is old, the point and the debate can still be relevant and interesting.
 abmccray
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2012 10:37:21 PM
The point is that it's pointless to reply to someone 5 years later since the chances they'll read it is close to nill unless you personally message them. When a thread is 3+ pages long, even, it's normally pointless to reply to the original post because chances are, someone has already said what you've said multiple times over. You typically should only be replying to the last few posts or posts in the last couple of pages for that reason.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Artist dating artist experiences