Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Why are single men caled shallow for not wanting to date single mother's?Page 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

That's the difference between hooking up with jerks and hooking up with decent people - the maturity level is vastly different.

Well, MYI, I thank you, as that was my point to the op. It is likely the level of maturity of those you date, rather than their status as single parents, that is the determining factor.. His response to my question may indicate that those with children are more open, as he relates the discussion of exes to the level of friendship. Perhaps it is easier for parents to be open, feel free to expose themselves? Who knows, but I doubt that complaining about an ex has much to do with whether or not one made a child with that ex.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 580
view profile
History
Why are single men caled shallow for not wanting to date single mother's?
Posted: 3/6/2011 4:54:00 PM
You have a strange method of interpretation, MYI, but it suits your purposes, I have no doubt. Certainly, posts on the single parent forums pertain to single parents, but logic tells me that this has little to do with how people feel about other people in general. I do find it amusing (in some way) that any utterance about the difficulties of parenting or being single, or single parenting is always stated as "complaining". Do you think it is complaining if I make the statement that being left handed makes it more challenging for an individual who is so?

As for me being a misandrist, well, perhaps you are correct; please adjust your meds.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >