Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pxlife
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Why are men called shallow who will not date single momther's? Page 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
bona dea.

Have you ever been on a date with a man who eventually decided not to continue dating you just because you don't want to have kids and he does?

Also,I would like to know if you are open to dating single dads? but don't worry I wouldn't call you shallow if you aren't...as I'm not a single dad.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 393
Why are single men caled shallow for not wanting to date single mother's?
Posted: 9/6/2007 11:09:25 AM
^^^^^what Yankee belle said.^^^^^ 100%
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 420
Posted: 9/7/2007 11:15:57 AM
Second, third and fourth verse....same as the first. Even the choice is the same. Yes Yankee belle you are in Groundhog Day. Here we go again. You are making perfect sense to me and several others, just not to the intended recipient. One of these years it might register.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 422
Posted: 9/7/2007 12:14:33 PM
Pinching yourself is better than the dent I have in my forehead from banging my head into my desk and monitor in frustration. Some people get it....some don't.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 442
Posted: 9/10/2007 10:09:13 AM
People have not bashed you per say Johne, just your obsessions.
 pxlife
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 11:11:07 AM
We all, Men and Women have the right to choose how we wanna live our lives, and what type of a relationship we want.And we all should be able to do that without being called selfish,shallow,immature etc There is nothing shallow,or selfish about that,it's all down to our right to make choises in our lives,and that includes our relationships.

When you meet someone,and after a short while you realise that they are not what you are looking for in a relationship,then you should be able to walk away without being called all sorts of names.Some people know exactly what they are looking for in a relationship,and that is a very good thing.

I have noticed that very few single moms here have nice words to say about single men who choose not to date them.Most single moms on some of these threads come across as bitter,angry and resentful of single men who do not want to be involved with single moms.I also think that most single moms are angry and bitter because they feel rejected,which can be a little bit difficult to take.
 pxlife
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2007 3:18:51 PM
Disneymom
You said;
he shall refrain from dating single moms

Now check this out,
A single guy may meet a nice lady,not necesarily online.After a little while he finds out that she is a single mom,now because he does not date single moms he decides not to continue dating her, like you suggested.
But when he does so,that is when trouble starts by calling him shallow,selfish,immature etc

Listen to what you are saying disneymom,
I still believe there is alittle bit of bitterness in comments from some if not most of single moms about this issue.

Yankee is a good example, she believes that single men who don't date single moms are selfish
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 449
Posted: 9/10/2007 5:09:47 PM

Now check this out,
A single guy may meet a nice lady,not necesarily online.After a little while he finds out that she is a single mom,now because he does not date single moms he decides not to continue dating her, like you suggested.
But when he does so,that is when trouble starts by calling him shallow,selfish,immature etc
If he doesn't date single mothers...why did he go out with her in the first place? She's okay as a women for the first date only?
 pxlife
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 11:22:01 AM
Yankee,

What made you say that Johne was contagious.
 pxlife
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 1:24:05 PM
Yankee

Although you look nice in your photo,but your mind is very vicious.It seems like you have had really bad experience with single guys out there.You need to calm down a little.Something inside you makes you feel the need to be very defensive most of the time.
In your eyes, it is others who are always wrong.
 pxlife
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 2:11:11 PM
Harleyblue;

I agree with you 110%, you have said it all for me, as far as this thread is concerned.Don't get me wrong, I don't anything against single moms.But I strongly feel that people should be fair and understand that we all have the right to make choices in our lives.Wether or not to have kids of our own and wether or not to be in a relationship with someone who has kids already.People are different ,like and dislike different things and also want different things out of life.And that does not make anyone selfish,shallow or immature.

I do believe it is a very good thing if you know what you want in life and what you are looking for in a relationship.

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG in you being a single mom who does not want to date men who have young children.It is your choice,you know what you want and what you are looking for in a relationship.It is all down to choices we all make in our lives,and we all have the right to do so without being called shallow.

I agree that some people may bash you because of your opinion.Because there some people who refuse to understand.They are full of bitterness and are resentful of single men who know what they are looking for in a relationship.

Goodluck

You
 pxlife
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 11:29:48 AM
Yankee;

You're right,I don't know you and may be you aren't as "vicious" as I thought.My opinion was purely based on a number of your posts which in my opinion came across as a little bit confrontational and resentful.But I also know that other people may have seen your posts in a different way.
I do apologize if my comments were hurtful,It wasn't intetional.
But I think your last post was polite and not confrontational.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 480
Why are single men called shallow for not wanting to date single mother's?
Posted: 9/14/2007 11:06:11 PM
Are we reading the same thread Johne? I saw one post calling you shallow just because you wanted someone ... anyone to call you shallow so they obliged you. Then I believe one poster actually did call you shallow and meant it. I don't think it really had anything to do with your or any other single guys preference of not dating single mothers...I think she was just basing her assessment on your posts and the impression they are giving everyone on here. You do appear to be a bit needy and fickle but that's just an opinion based on your previous posts here and in several other threads. Most single mothers on here have agreed with certain men NOT dating single mothers. They would have nothing to contribute to a relationship other than insecurity and mistrust. Not healthy components to any relationship. Definitely something most secure, confident single mothers would avoid. We want and deserve someone of substance. Someone who will care for us as women first, mothers second. They would also have to have the maturity and capability to care about (not for) our children. That's not asking too much.
You really need to get new friends Johne. They are emotionally sucking you dry.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 498
Posted: 9/21/2007 11:46:16 AM
Johne, supposed you do meet the woman of your dreams but she can not have children. Do you know for certain that you yourself can have children? What happens then? Don't say you will adopt because you've already said you would not pay to support another man's child. This would include raising another's child. As you have already stated several times over, this is not an option for you. Does this mean you would never have children? What if your partner wanted to adopt? What then? Would you lower your standards for her then? Would you compromise yourself?
 NITC
Msg: 530
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:56:37 PM
I agree I was wondered why guys won't date women with children, when they could be the best catch ever but for women to go after men that have children and think it's perfectly fine just makes me so mad I think it should go both ways, I really don't care if guys don't want to date me for my kid's they are more important to me then some guy thinking he won't give me a chance.
 heterotic
Msg: 534
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:19:23 PM

I don't think it's shallow. It's a life style issue. Now If someone has children and refuses to date someone else that has kids THEN I say it's shallow.

If someone believes they would not make a good partner to someone because they couldn't love another person's child like their own, why would they be shallow? Why would anyone care why someone doesn't want to date them? Wouldn't time be better spent moving on to someone who is on the same page as they are?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >