Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 obear
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???Page 7 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
What I mean about him passing away is that he used it for medical reason to help with his pain and waiting for bone marrow, But that use made him weaker and he couldnt get a bone marrow cause of weakness, so they had him stop using the stuff, but it was to late, he died a week later.(He was my dad)
I was never agaisnt it before that and seeing what it did with my sons dads behavior, and yes drinking is worse.
nik420 you also have ignorant opinions.
I would say that no one has been killed by weed, so let people use it if they want ,just like cigs. They both have their down side. Drinking causes death to themselfs and others if in their way, (meaning use of car).
I choose not to have weed or heavy drinking in my relationship with someone!!!!!!!!!!
This can go on forever, so have fun guys.
Take care
 Nik420
Msg: 152
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???
Posted: 5/23/2008 7:55:36 AM
You wrote: "I was never against it before that and seeing what it did with my sons dads behavior -"

And you shouldn't be against it now, or just because one person over used it or couldn't be helped by it. Would you be against aspirin if you knew somebody who died partly as a result from it's use?

Yes, if you're stupid with pot, it can make you extremely sleepy. That could also happen if you overdose from percodans or any other prescribed pain killer, even more easily.

Don't blame pot for one person's abuse of it.
 Nik420
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/23/2008 7:57:40 AM
Ok, vaxplant, have it your way, you win!

Want a trophy to put on your mantle?

But here's another question for you: would it be a "deal breaker" if the woman was using pot under a doctor's advice and she had a medical marijuana card that authorized her use of it, therefore making it "legal"?
 vaxplant
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/23/2008 3:02:18 PM
That question was posed by Nexthyme a few pages back, and answered by me already. :)
 Nik420
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/23/2008 6:35:11 PM
So repeat it for us, please, so we don't have to spend hours hunting for it.
 vaxplant
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/23/2008 11:58:37 PM
Direct quote:
" I have no moral objection to someone using it for medical purposes. Heck if anything it makes more sense than self-dosing.

Since I'm allergic to THC, smoking it's still a deal breaker for me personally.

Much like I've dated a couple of women who stated they were "mildy" allergic to cats and dogs, since I like both, and tend to have one (or both) at any given time and I raise them as verry affectionate animals, despite the protests of "I'm fine", I get to sit there and slowly watch them fall appart on my couch. It falls in the category of "that's a shame", but as much as I liked them, I'm not going to encourage them to suffer on my behalf.

I've never been around someone who used an inhaler for that, so I honestly couldn't say."
 Nik420
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/24/2008 9:28:46 AM
Sure, and there are women that have deal breakers for me, like smoking. Being allergic is understandable.

But I think that answering both questions is very relevant, as is discussing how we come to the point where we are even considering whether or not it is/or not a deal breaker.

And from my point of view, everything I have presented has been very on topic. Just because you don't think so doesn't make it a fact; it could just mean you haven't connected the dots yet (or that you have some other unspoken agenda).

I think if you even need to consider whether it is a deal breaker or not, then you need to ask how we got there, and whether or not it is fair to be there, and even to the question of whether we can change that or not.

You should be open to ALL tangents, tributaries, sub-categories, etc., or this subject will just get stale and dull and talked out before you know it.

Don't limit knowledge; it's the ONLY thing that cures ignorance!

You know damn well that the popular media has marijuana specifically targeted for demonizing (rarely focusing on any of the other drug issues that are more critical), typically using the possibility of being arrested as the "danger" of being associated with marijuana (which you seem to have bought, hook, line, sinker and subscription to Angling Times" magazine!) To see how this effects people by getting them to call it a "deal breaker" or whatever justification that it conjures up, creates a state in which we become more increasingly prejudiced towards each other.

Why I even have to explain this to you is annoying because it shows that you haven't connected the dots yet. I have to resort to talking to you as a child and educate you rather than deal with you as an educated adult.

Just the question of whether it is, or not a deal breaker conjures up the social effect the manipulative demonizing has had on society as a whole.

YOU are one of the victims of that!

What it comes down to is whether you are a leader or a follower. If you are going to tuck your tail between your legs and follow the status quo, or whether you are going to stand up for personal freedoms.

If you can't see how the "whole" is all connected, that is really your own loss. You need to open your eyes and ask "Why are we even in the place where we're asking if it is a deal breaker or not?" (You're being allergic, put aside).

For an example, I saw an ad on TV just yesterday that encourages people to "tattle" on other people when they see incidences of drivers littering on the road. I think that littering is wrong, but at the same time, I agree with the old adage: "Nobody likes a tattle tale!" Because where it is leading is identical to how Hitler formed the "Nightwatch" in Nazi Germany during WWII.

Telling on litterers is just the beginning. And in spite of how "good" it seems in the average mind, it encourages people to be "judgmental" towards each other, not to mention the fact that there WILL be incidences of one person holding a grudge against another and turning them in because they simply don't like the other person when no real infraction has been committed. And it makes a crime out of people over trivial issues.

How far behind that can "tattling" on people you know who have some association with pot? That is a "worse crime" littering, is it not?

So, to be continually attempting to criminalize something as benign as pot (when things like alcohol are much more harmful) is only helping the failing "war on drugs", which makes our government BILLIONS of taxpayer (that means you) dollars every year.

To you, it's just a "deal breaker". But if you can't see how that fits into the bigger picture and are incapable of discussing that in an online forum, then that makes you one of the "unwitting" bad guys, whether you like it or not.

You're helping the powers that be (call it "big pharma" et all) to succeed at what they are doing.

I say, be a civil activist and protest that action, if you really want to see it decriminalized.

There are plenty of ways, btw, the ingest THC. I once had some very good cookies, for example. I don't think I need to go into detail about that.

Doctors do recommend marijuana on occasion, but there is still an exceedingly large amount of prejudice about marijuana in the medical industry. Some time ago now, I had discussed marijuana with one of the doctors I went to for treatment of my high blood pressure. She was dead set against me even thinking about pot as a remedy. She said that it constricts the blood vessels (WTF???) I knew right away that she'd been handed a load of bullshit. Because why would doctors recommend marijuana for glaucoma patience if it did that? Also, of note, that the pharmaceuticals she prescribed to me lower my heart rate. Well guess what? So does marijuana! So why did my "educated" doctor not know that? And why is she feeding me the bullshit she learned in medical school?

So when people decide that pot is a "deal breaker" simply because it is "illegal", then I have to question that. Because when it is based on IGNORANCE, that means the person has not thought it through, thoroughly.

And I would put serious money on that fellow "mikethemotorhead" would be the FIRST in line to "tattle" on somebody who is using marijuana. And he isn't going to care if it's for medical reasons or not!

Notice, btw, that he hasn't bothered to post more than the once in this thread.

Anyway, there are far too many people who are in prison on a simple charge "possession", sometimes for less than an ounce (I posted many articles on this before). We don't need to incarcerate any more pot users!

So, vaxplant, aside from being "allergic" to it, you also mention that it was a deal breaker for you because it was "illegal" (I notice you have dropped that part of your discussion). I have pointed out to you why that stance is wrong.

Besides, if you did happen to date a girl who used it (and maybe not even smoking it, perhaps eating cookies), would you suffer an ill effects from it simply because you are "allergic" to it?

I seriously doubt you'd break out in hives because she ate a marijuana cookie, even right before kissing.

Because even with you're being "allergic", I doubt you'd be affected by it.

I'm here to help dismantle the prejudices against pot and educate because, obviously, the fact that it being a "deal breaker" has proved that the demonizing of it has been quite effective.

Now do you understand how it all connects?
 obear
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 10:40:55 PM
You are are sooooooooooooooooo way off, you read more then what he was saying.
sloooow down! Many single women are reading this and you are not looking to great. Are you so right and need the last word on everything?
Your cute, but, what a turn off. ENOUGH!!!!!
 fiatlover
Msg: 159
Posted: 5/25/2008 1:32:44 AM
obear,

Thanks, you took the words out of my mouth. Nic your posts are soooooo long and repetitive.

How about starting a Forum "Should pot be legelized" then the people who really care will write to that subject.

This forum is - for those who wish to talk about whether or not they would consider meeting or dating someone who smoke it and they don't.

Pretty simple, yes or no, it's up to each individual as to if they will or won't. We are not asking if it should be legalized.

As obear said, your cute, BUT, you write to much about the same thing and it doesn't belong on this forum, it is a BIG turn off, I agree, ENOUGH????
 Nik420
Msg: 160
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:11:53 AM
Aw, you're just sayin that!

No, no, no, I'm not way off. And I didn't read more than he's saying. You see, this is what I AM SAYING. I'M NOT way off about the effect of the law on personal relationships here's (it's got some of you by the balls), and you need to be way more specific about what you mean!

As you say, "Many single women are reading this", so I'm not going to just stand by while people discuss something in ignorance. I don't need to have the last word, but I do seem to be the most educated on this subject of anybody currently in this thread.

I like to examine the social effects of things. The things that drive personal prejudices and the levels of ignorance.

Yeah, I'm "not looking too great" TO YOU! Which is the ONLY person you should be speaking for. If you or any woman can't see the bigger picture of something, then I simply wouldn't get along with you for very long anyway. I'm actually GLAD I turn you off. And shame on you for trying to use rejection as a means of motivating me.

I've had more than a couple women who wrote me privately who have expressed the exact opposite opinion than yours.

I'm more educated than all of you and will speak what I please on the subject.

You go ahead and be haters, because it seems you are better at that than you are understanding.
 obear
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 1:44:51 PM
You THINK you are more educated cause we let you! lol
Like Fiatlover said, start your own fourm on this matter.
We are not on this forum to talk about what you are saying, you went off the subject!
We are done here.
WOW
 angelwinz
Msg: 162
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:45:19 PM
To me it is not a deal breaker, but that said.. it depends on how often and why the need to use it. I volunteer at Hempfest because I strongly believe it should be legal for medical use.. having watched close friends die in pain when their last few months could have been eased is why I support it. I however do not smoke, and don't care to have it around me so it might be a deal breaker for my potential suiter.
 Nik420
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/26/2008 5:57:19 PM
obear, I truly think you and fiatlover are both done. Since the question was whether it was a deal breaker or not, and since you both said it was for you, then you both have no more need to continue posting in this thread.

Bye now!
 loverlyone
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/26/2008 8:38:55 PM
Nik, and you have also been very clear that for you it is not a deal breaker. You have expressed your opinion, defended your position, as is your right. I think all who have stuck with this thread understand your feelings on the subject. We simply grow weary of the repetition. Please, I beseech you, give others a chance to express their opinions as is their right.
 fiatlover
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/26/2008 10:42:10 PM
Nik,

You go on and on and on - blah, blah,blah - You write but obviously you don't read.

Reread my post, I never said it was a deal breaker for me, pay attention when read and reply, make sure you know what your saying. I said it was up to the individuals, for some it's a deal breaker, others may agree to disagree, but not make it a deal breaker. WHERE IN MY POST DOES IT SAY IT'S A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME.
You are so busy repeating yourself you don't take time to read what others write.
DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME, JUST READ AND PAY ATTENTION.
There, did you read them, now get off of this forum and start your own, the rest of us are discussing deal breakers, your discussing a bunch of crap, as far as this forum goes, start your own and leave this one, we are frankly getting very bored of your novels
about what NIK thinks, WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!
 Nik420
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/27/2008 8:23:52 AM
Look, it's a pretty dull and boring conversation if all you're gonna do is answer "yes" or "no" to whether it is a deal breaker or not. So for you all to want to pigeonhole my end of the conversation just because you don't want to hear it, call it "off-topic" or whatever, is very controlling and less than open minded.

I'm not going anywhere, get used to it!

It's also very short sighted of you to try and control the dialogue in here by saying that I can't comment on the things that contribute to why we are even asking the question in the first place.

You mean you really don't want me to ask important questions?

What have YOU got to make this subject more interesting?
 fiatlover
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:00:41 AM
Nik,

What you don't seem to understand is the topic of the forum, is it a deal breaker?
Has nothing to do with legalizing it or why it should be, simply would it be a deal breaker, so simple, perhaps we on this foum like it simple, question asked we answer.
Because your off topic and so repetitive your not being read. I read the one where you commented to obear and myself, because it was short.
We really don't want you asking important questions, your not making it more interesting, if you don't want to go anywhere and want us to get use to it, fine, then how about reading and keep your politics to yourself or start another forum, your not being read.
 obear
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 6:18:04 PM
Wow!!!! Nik is controling the DIALOGUE!!!!!!
We heard YOU! tired of reading your longggggggggggggg answers, let others express their opinions about deal breakers, as fiatlover said, you go on and on and on and on!
STOP CONTROLLING OTHERS OPINIONS, do you know what opinion means?
Just that "opinion" to others.
Your right I AM DONE here!
Take care people
 fiatlover
Msg: 169
Posted: 5/27/2008 10:01:41 PM
obear, don't you dare leave this forum, we simply ignore anything Nic says and no longer acknowledge his post, pretty soon he will get tired of talking to himself
 fiatlover
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/27/2008 10:03:44 PM
Oops, I'm getting so good at ignoring spelled Nik wrong, rather the way he spells it, see how easy it is.
 obear
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2008 4:27:35 PM
I am with you on that, lol
 kirsten214
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2008 10:21:06 AM
The original poster seems to have a good mindset - many of us would advise that marijuana is not a drug, but for those who can't get outside the small box of the small mind of the small concept: you won't ever be cool enough to understand what's really going on this world . . .
 Nik420
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/2/2008 8:12:57 AM
Wow, you took the word right out of my fingers: "STOP CONTROLLING OTHERS OPINIONS!"
 Nik420
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/2/2008 8:14:21 AM
Thank you Kirsten, and for your private comments to me as well.
 fiatlover
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/2/2008 4:22:54 PM
HE'S BACK, at least he has someone to talk to now.
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???