Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 201
Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?Page 9 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
BTW, for anyone who cares, a clip is something one puts in their hair or on a piece of paper. The thing in the gun with bullets is called a magazine.
I gave my dog a flea treatment to day and a good brushing for his shedding, and fortunately he doesn't drool unless he is really parched (doggie sweat).
Right now, I am content to sleep with my dog. I would not expect any other man to want to have relations here with a dog smacking him in the butt, licking his feet, or watching intently as we kissed. But if a man could perform under those conditions, just imagine???
Most people that are dog-friendly like my dog, and they smile and are not afraid of him. But to take that to the next level is more complicated.
Then again, I do not entertain men in my home. However, I also have a curfew because I have to get home to the dog.
Perhaps I created this shelter for unconscious reasons, but it is what it is, and the dog stays.
 waiting for mr right
Msg: 202
Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:28:25 PM
i care for my 2 dogs, they get fed, walked, vet visits, washed, trained in obedience, they have clothing if their hot or cold..endless amounts of dog toys and unconditional pet/owner company...
saying that THEY ARE ONLY DOGS !!!! i am their pack leader, they dont run my house, they come inside when invited in by me. Some people think that dogs are human, they may have similar personalities that is because it is the trait they have learned from us treating them as thus... My dogs protect me and the home, yet they are content with their lives...
dogs dont think about the past they live for the moment 'what i can do to get what i want' kind of attitude, and allowing the dogs to run the house doing as they wish, you are allowing them to be the pack leader and you the subsurdient follower...if you watch 'THE DOG WHISPERER' you will see in such cases where Ceaser says" the dog is the pack leader because....and you have to train yourself before you can correct your dogs attitude..."
i also own 2 cats...my oldest is 16 with severe athritis, and the youngest is 8 months and she is missing a leg from past abusive owners...they dont come inside at all...they have a large catrium with a sleeping/play/feeding and toilet area. they are 2 of the happiest cats i have ever seen and my furniture thanks me for it..... my cats are never starved for food nor company and they always have vet checks where needed...
Bottom line is ..........DO YOU OWN YOUR PET OR DOES YOUR PET OWN YOU?...........
 barra56
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:07:22 AM
Puts a whole new meaning to the words "Wet Nose",,,, knowing how dogs sniff out their others when they meet ,,, LOL.. just imagine ,, 1/2 way through the deed and one feels a "Wet Nose" from behind .!!!!!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:56:40 AM
That actually did happen. LOL
In the middle of the deed there was a cold nose in the butt and then Riley smacked his butt with his large paw. Let's just say the moment was over.
 boozehag001
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:04:03 AM

Granted, that is an extreme example, but not all dogs are dirty!

if you had read what I posted you would have seen that I never once implied my opinion had anything to do with whether the dog is dirty or not

any qualified animal behaviour expert will confirm what I am saying. Dogs are pack animals and you are trying to treat yours like a human being - check out a dictionary of anatomy or kingdon of species or something - a dog is a dog, its not a human.
 boozehag001
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:47 AM

i care for my 2 dogs, they get fed, walked, vet visits, washed, trained in obedience, they have clothing if their hot or cold..endless amounts of dog toys and unconditional pet/owner company...
saying that THEY ARE ONLY DOGS !!!! i am their pack leader, they dont run my house, they come inside when invited in by me. Some people think that dogs are human, they may have similar personalities that is because it is the trait they have learned from us treating them as thus... My dogs protect me and the home, yet they are content with their lives...
dogs dont think about the past they live for the moment 'what i can do to get what i want' kind of attitude, and allowing the dogs to run the house doing as they wish, you are allowing them to be the pack leader and you the subsurdient follower...if you watch 'THE DOG WHISPERER' you will see in such cases where Ceaser says" the dog is the pack leader because....and you have to train yourself before you can correct your dogs attitude..."
i also own 2 cats...my oldest is 16 with severe athritis, and the youngest is 8 months and she is missing a leg from past abusive owners...they dont come inside at all...they have a large catrium with a sleeping/play/feeding and toilet area. they are 2 of the happiest cats i have ever seen and my furniture thanks me for it..... my cats are never starved for food nor company and they always have vet checks where needed...
Bottom line is ..........DO YOU OWN YOUR PET OR DOES YOUR PET OWN YOU?...........

the problem with dog owners is the same with computer operators

both decide to get a dog/computer with NO IDEA at all how it works, and take no time at all to bother educating themselves - then run into problems

which are usually the stupid computer or the naughty dog (thats been undiscliplined all of its life then suddenly becomes a naughty dog when the cutsy puppy chewing becomes destruction)

all these people here wanking on about how much they love their dog but its obvious from their comments that they know nothing about dogs - if they love dogs so much how come they cant even bother to read just ONE recommended dog education book???
 lstar999
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:45:30 AM
I've heard it said:

Husbands come and go.......but dogs are forever.....lol
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:47:55 AM

Husbands come and go.......but dogs are forever.....lol

really? I thought their usual lifespan was about 15 years, maybe 20 tops.

(105-140 in 'doggie years' if you must..)
 walker1960
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/15/2007 12:52:30 PM
My black lab slept on the foot of the bed until she got to where she couldn't jump up there any more. Then she still slept right next to the bed. She was 16 when I finally had to let her go to doggie heaven, and I had her with me since she was a puppy of about 9 months old. She was with me both before and after my wife...Does anybody have to ask who I miss the most these days?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:50:23 PM

really? I thought their usual lifespan was about 15 years, maybe 20 tops.

That's not leaving, that's dying. Big difference - and yes, captive audience, point taken. But still, if men had that life span and died instead of leaving for a younger "master" and a sportscar, that comment would have made more sense.
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:56:33 PM
^^ the poster said "dogs are forever"..
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:10:38 PM

^^ the poster said "dogs are forever"..

Two can play that game.

She didn't say they live forever - perhaps she's a taxidermist.
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:13:39 PM
^

'ugly betty" you are soo cute
 JimmyMach1
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:28:11 PM
My dog is usually pleased with what I do, because she is not infected with the concept of what I "should" be doing. ~Lonzo Idolswine
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:19:46 PM
perhaps she's a taxidermist

I knew a guy who was both a taxidermist and a veterinarian. The sign outside his office said

"One way or the other, you'll get your puppy back..."

(rimshot)

a_bit_gay
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/16/2007 11:47:48 AM
^^^^

supposedly there was a gynecolgist in England with a sign on his wall:

"Always at Your Cervix"..
 rmaeoutlaw
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/16/2007 9:59:40 PM
Dogs are like children,you raise them from puppies,you love them,and they are protective of you,they watch over you,and guard you,especially women who are single,they become your best friend.I've only had small dogs,when I was married the dogs slept with us,sort like your child did.I think it is very loving!
 gogobearto
Msg: 218
This...
Posted: 8/17/2007 6:07:54 AM

I've only had small dogs,when I was married the dogs slept with us,sort like your child did

...speaks for itself on SO many levels...
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 9:01:25 AM
enough w/ the comparisons of dogs to children! my child is infinitely more important to me than any dog ever would be, and it's insulting as hell to hear ppl talking as if their pets were their offspring.

since you want to humanize them, think of all the lonely dog mommies out there ~ buying and selling their babies ~ buncha barbarians!

I agree w/ the responsible dog lovers on this thread that know the proper role of an animal in the hierarchy of the home. loving a pet is a need for most of us, but pretending that they're your children is ridiculous. try adoption if you want a child, as there are a lot of children that you could be helping when you're wasting your money on doggy clothing and accessories. stop being so self-absorbed.
 idahosun
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 6:28:58 PM
Loving an animal and giving it a good home is not being self-absorbed, it is being a kind, giving, humane human being who can give and receive love. As to the "animals being children concept", having had both, I can give love as mother of children and as a human companion to an animal, but I get infinitely more love back from my pets because children grow up (thank heavens) and move on to their own lives. My pets, however, are here for me day after day forever. And they do stay forever in our hearts even after they are gone, and then hopefully, we find another companion who is here for us day after day just as we are here for them, it is a two way street of love, care and protection. Yes, people come and go, but pets truly are forever because even though you deeply grieve the loss of one, there is always another one out there who needs a home. Blessed be all the people who love and take care of pets! This post is not about adopting kids, so let's keep that out of the discussion...
 bewitching_secret™
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 8:09:00 PM
idaho, thanks for both making and missing my point all at the same time.

no, the thread's not about adopting children, but, since so many of you on here have compared your dogs to children, I do think that my comparison is both accurate and on topic. stop referring to them as children ~ simple as that

as for making my point:

As to the "animals being children concept", having had both, I can give love as mother of children and as a human companion to an animal, but I get infinitely more love back from my pets because children grow up (thank heavens) and move on to their own lives. My pets, however, are here for me day after day forever

where to start

girl, your priorities are completely out of whack. a dog is a dog ~ a child is a child. there is no comparison ~ period. if you can honestly say that your dog loves you more than your child(ren), you might need to reevaluate your relationship w/ your child(ren). I'd like to think that my daughter will still love me more than my cat does when she's an adult.

and

Yes, people come and go, but pets truly are forever because even though you deeply grieve the loss of one, there is always another one out there who needs a home

if "pets truly are forever", then how does "there is always another one out there" fit into your logic? a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?
 4 strings 4 Him
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 8:13:43 PM
Oh, I soooo agree with curlygrl.
The dog was here first and will still be here after you leaave. My ex knew I was an animal lover and I worked at the SPCA at the time. He was a real lazy lug and we even lived with his mother after we married. I had had my fill of him and my motherinlas after about a year of that. One day he told me that either the dogs went or he went. I told him "don't let the door hit you on the way out, dear." I still have a dog....and a cat. They are honest, loving, and always come when I call them. They are always glad to see me when I get home and never complain, demand, or sulk.
 hillbunny
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/17/2007 8:48:51 PM

ummm.. OP?

Basic misunderstanding here perhaps?

My dog lives here - he always has slept under the bed - and yes since he is 107 pounds the bed is a little higher than some.

He LIVES here

You (or the man in the bed) are the INVITED being. The dog does not need an invitation.

I live way out of town up in the forest by myself. My big dog is trained to make sure strangers do not come into our home uninvited, and he does that very well. If, after he has met you and been told that you are OK and had a chance to get to know you - if he still is uneasy with you I will be too. He's a good judge of character.

kitten*with*a*whip
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:10:09 PM
personally I think its disgusting to have an animal share your bed. All I can think of is pet hair, (possible fleas or parasites), animal odors....yuck, keep that pet outside and out of the bedroom!!
:)

lol...no, I am not nice :)
 bumponnalog
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:29:22 PM
I'm with you. Like animals but definitely don't want them in the bedroom, especially not in the bed. Anticipating climbing into a bed where the dog sleeps doesn't last - not! That's just me. There are plenty of guys the same way about their dogs, but thankfully there are plenty of all types on earth!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?