Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Customer Service.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Customer Service.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yesterday I had to go and collect a prescription for my niece, I went to the local Boots chemist and stood at the dedicated pharmacy counter... No one else was waiting and the pharmacist and another staff member were behind the counter... Now both of them were busy, the pharmacist was putting some labels on a prescription and the assistant was putting some stock away... Fair enough... But why oh why did I stand there for almost 5 minutes before one of them could be bothered to even acknowledge my presence? I handed over he prescription, was told to wait fifteen minutes, which I did, and yes you've guessed it, waited another five minutes for anyone to acknowledge my presence again before they told me they hadn't got it in stock and it wouldn't be in til Friday, at which point I took my custom elsewhere...
I understand people are busy... I understand I may not always receive immediate service.. But why oh why can't people just acknowledge me??
I will wait for an hour if I'm just greeted with.. 'I'll be with you shortly' and continued 'I am sorry I'll be with you as soon as possible' but to be blatantly ignored is just downright bloody rude ...
Next time I think I'll stand and cough loudly or maybe make some other noise to get attention...
Does this irritate you, do you have this happen to you often or did I just hit my cloaking button accidentally again..? Do you stand meekly by and wait til they deign to grace you with their presence or do you mutter under your breath and walk out.. Are you one of the guilty people who ignore us poor saps?
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Customer Service.
Posted: 8/9/2007 12:56:58 AM
tend to talk to them in a loud voice, asking for service if that happens, something like HELLO !, no need to cough or stuff, if no response, then will find another shop

my script gets collected from the health centre by the local pharmacy and i just go in some time in the future and get it there and then - lloyds chemists

maybe if ur used to standing meekly and not wanting to attract attention, then maybe you never will ?

most shops have head offices with customer service departments, they like to hear of bad customer service so they can correct their staff with training :)
 Perikaryon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Customer Service.
Posted: 8/9/2007 8:54:20 AM
For 'customer service'....read 'customer spying'. Purchase almost any electrical item with cash these days and the store asks for your postcode, surname etc..."for the receipt" 10 months later in flies the junk mail trying to flog an extended warranty for the piece of junk that's already obsolete or been binned.

Total Scam

Take a load of boxes of stuff you don't want to the till and when they pull that trick...tell em to stuff it and leave the lot at the till
 Perikaryon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Customer Service.
Posted: 8/9/2007 9:49:24 AM
Times have definitely changed for the worse...gone are the days of ''how can we better serve our customers?"...replaced by " how can we better annoy our customers"?!

Customers/Consumers should unite, take a firm stand and annoy 'em back!!

Hand over a bunch of readies. to the store...cheeky sods inspect and scan em like we're all master forging criminals. Take no chances...when yer receive yer change...take a minute (or three) to inspect their readies!

Beeline a dopey clothes store assistant and ask them 'do you want any help?'

Receive a mumbled 'no err thanks' in reply but at least you'll get your clothes shopping done in peace!
 trooperbill
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Customer Service.
Posted: 8/9/2007 11:31:33 PM
You've been wearing the 'invisibility had' i get that put on when im trying to get drinks at a bar. luckily i have a very loud voice and am often heard yelling EXCUSE ME lol

mark
 scareymush
Msg: 6
Customer Service.
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:25:27 AM
I would join a queue to get my money, no matter how little and especially under the circumstance described and if the line of people ahead of me was too long or taking forever, I'd march to the top of the queue and complain about that, although I wouldn't complain if what was holding up the line was an older person or child counting out their pennies, if it was a customer behaving like an arse, I'd tell them to get a move on and that I've got better things to do than suffer such a delay because they are behaving badly. I really like the staff at my local shop, they're very helpful and good humoured.

Money is too precious to me to allow some big corporation rip me off, no doubt, I'm constantly being ripped off but if I'm not aware of it I can't do anything about it and oft times I don't want to know.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Customer Service.