Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Perceptions and Expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 geen z
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Perceptions and ExpectationsPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I know some people have this perception of me as being a man-hating lesbian b1tch and being too harsh. That is not the case at all. I am a marshmellow, a softy, a pathetic blubbering mess at the best of times. I do however, say it how I see it. For me most things are black or white, not much grey there (except those bloody grey hairs that keep popping out of my head).

Hence, my profile I guess pulling no punches. I am not here to deceive anyone, lie or make myself out to be something I am not. What you see is what you get.

I can't please all of the people all of the time - and well that is life in the real world and cyber world.

But as for expectations - I don't normally have any when meeting someone that way I won't be disappointed up upset by the fact that they didn't meet them. And anway, everyone is normal until you get to know them.

Other than that I am looking fro scissor class 101 - think i need to get with the program.
 hilly1971
Msg: 52
Perceptions and Expectations
Posted: 8/10/2007 7:16:46 PM
I think its important to meet people reasonably quickly.Nothing worse then dragging it out,thinking someone is going to be great and raising your hopes only to have them come crashing down. Months of anticipation and raised hope being shattered in one easy meeting!!

Have to agree with Naamahs voice thing.....i swear that woman is in my head sometimes. Can't quite beat loads of MSN and emails only to speak on the phone and he can't string two words together or worse still he sounds like one of the teletubbies and makes no comprehensible noises at all!! ehh-ohh
 NaamahReincarnated
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/10/2007 7:41:22 PM
Have to agree with Naamahs voice thing.....i swear that woman is in my head sometimes

Yes, that's cos I have no thoughts of my own, so I invade the heads of others. But phew, some of the things I've seen in your head I dare not repeat here.
 atalia
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/10/2007 10:38:29 PM
Seriously though.....do I have to.....doh! cant I just make another 'in' joke.......no...bugger!
Well here goes, my expectation is to meet people I can chat with and have a bit of fun, while hopefully providing at least a little amusement to others, not to meet the perfect man for me. Therefore my perception tells me I will be content, not dissapointed, and if the perfect man for me does come along I will be a very happy girl.
 bucky140
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/11/2007 8:35:09 AM
That was a good post by edgee,i think it made a lot of us think about our expections.On another site i tried to contact a girl once,needless to say i crashed and burned.

*I came to this site to get to know someone.

*If i was to write everything i found attractive in a girl,with this girl i can screw that piece of paper up and throw it away.

*I seperated in 2002,i had a intence relationship with someone later that year,it ended on a high,it made me think of the relationship i wanted.

*After that i tried the phone dating sites so i know the voice is important.

*I tried the internet sites,with not much luck.

*I saw this girl on another site,she mentioned this site,so i came to this site,because i found her so interesting.

*My expectations have been greatly exceeded,my perceptions have been surprising.

*How do you tell someone you would love to meet when you haven't been exactly honest with them.

*So how do you take the next step,with much fear,how is she going to react.

*Do you know how god damn hard it is to fall in love??

So what are my expections,well that goes with my perceptions,that if i can't have your love ,can i have your friendship.
 refurber
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/11/2007 8:48:43 AM
^Everything U said (poor spelling aside)...

If U can't say it to her, in private.....

There's your answer.
 bucky140
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/11/2007 10:05:43 AM
But at least i'm honest,

whitch is more than i can say for you.
 atalia
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/11/2007 7:17:35 PM
^^ bucky has typos like the rest of us, but your posts furby can be totally unfathomable at times
 n*i*c*e*perthgirl
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:30:32 AM

* And the phone voice hurdle is part of the experience I hadn't initially anticipated. When you meet someone in the real world the voice is part of the whole first impression, but with online dating the voice comes later. I once emailed a guy from RSVP for some weeks, and we got on quite well, so we switched to phone. I swear that he spoke just like Mr Humphreys from Are You Being Served, for those who are old enough to know that show. For those who aren't...he sounded like the voice someone uses if they are hamming up being as camp as a man can possibly be, replete with high pitched hmmmmm's at the end of his sentences. Call me fickle, but it put me right off. So if I like someone enough to want to talk on the phone, always before that first phonecall, my internal voice is chanting "please have a nice voice, please have a nice voice."

Thank you naamah for proving that I am not the only woman that uses the phone/voice test ....
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/12/2007 3:39:59 PM
It is my perception that single mothers on dating sites are considered "easy game" as we are more "desperate" than women without children. Hence the widely used expression milf (mother I'd love to f***), generally used by men (or should I say boys) in their twenties. Had to adjust my email settings to block them.
 beachlife68
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:44:56 PM
Not really the way i expected the thread to go but hey it's still worked out ok. From my view on truthful basis,
- expected to actually meet alot more ladies than I have actually
- never expected the games that there is
- never expected that it would be the forums that I enjoy more than the search
suppose my expectations and perceptions were way off beam, but out of it have enjoyed participating in the forums and hearing the daily goings on of various people.
 jacksgirl
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:06:27 PM
Hi, im new to the forums, so my expectation that u will be kind to me..lol

Expectations of internet dating is that ppl are honest about their age, height etc, as their is nothing worse than meeting someone only to find they have lied about their age and their pic by about 7 or 8 years and dont think anything of it. Mind u they are looking for ppl who are honest...well they arnt

Have a different perception to others about friends...are they looking for friends with benefits, friends with a view of nothing more ...or friends...see what happens.. I want someone to explain this to me

My perception of internet dating is a way to meet ppl..chat for a short time, telephone and then have a date...and go from there...some guys then just want to chat again on msn or tx...wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication and actually going out.

anyways have said enough...wat do u think
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:53:29 PM

Hi, im new to the forums, so my expectation that u will be kind to me..lol

Welcome to the asylum jacksgirl

Have a different perception to others about friends...are they looking for friends with benefits, friends with a view of nothing more ...or friends...see what happens.. I want someone to explain this to me

^^^^^ all of the above?

wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication

weeeelll I had this small accident with my scissors and I'm waiting for more cable to arrive....

atalia
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/13/2007 1:26:28 AM
Expecting darn slow computer facilities in that cave laquers, welcome jacksgirl, join the chaos, become one of us, get banned
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/13/2007 1:58:30 AM
Hi Jack Welcome to the loony bin.
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:19:41 AM
Yeah, welcome Jack...come in, the water's fine (sn1gger, sn1gger, sn1gger...)

Hey nice post there Buck. good to see somebody else is struggling with the friends-vs-romance thing.

I get messed up by this lady who 'trusts' me and repeatedly seeks out my company but keeps me at arms' length (and her flamin' arms are longer than mine). Still it's a life-long friendship or nothing, and I can't tear myself away from her so I continue to roll with it. Lucky for me she lives on another continent so I don't have to deal with it up close too often. Still, it gives me a good excuse to travel and freeload. We've been travel buddies now for the best part of a decade and the rest of her family treat me like some long lost rellie. Hmm, she's just moved to Montana, must be a housewarming coming up...break open piggy-bank and count coins.... (only $3.20??...bugger!)

My two most favourite people in the whole wide world are women, I admire them immensely and trust both of them implicitly. They say that same thing to me, so my life's pretty good in parts...

My perception is that there are lots of women out there who'd find my company palatable, but my expectation is that it might take a while for a live one to 'find' me... mostly because I'm pretty hopeless at finding anything by myself...
 obhwhitedragon
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:36:15 AM
""Perceptions and Expectations."".............: ""Hi Jack Welcome to the loony bin ""

this is where the best people are...........in the loony bin ..............right here
 lucifershamster
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:13:03 PM

wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication

I think of my web cam as a video phone. Great when one or both of us is prone to rambling on a bit and the call is not local.
 jacksgirl
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:36:45 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome to the loony bin...not really used to forums...so used to chat rooms.

No doubt i will post again...

cheers

serenex
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:00:50 AM
Never expected someone to be gone from here sought of wont be the same from now on i will miss you as many will theres no perceived idea of what words to say but good luck
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:05:42 AM
Sigh... I agree serenex....
 ebgdae
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:34:23 AM
^^^uhmmmmm, who're we saying goodbye to?

am I about to be banned?
 ~ charli ~
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:30:07 AM
Yeah, goodbye and good luck. Hope to see you back soon!!

atalia
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:30:21 AM
I expect it probably me, judging by past history
 jannick06
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:49:59 AM
my perception is I could be Zena Warrior princess and Atalia could be my trusted side kick just forgotten what her name was my expectation is someone will tell me
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Perceptions and Expectations