Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Perceptions and Expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 n*i*c*e*perthgirl
Msg: 51
Perceptions and ExpectationsPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

* And the phone voice hurdle is part of the experience I hadn't initially anticipated. When you meet someone in the real world the voice is part of the whole first impression, but with online dating the voice comes later. I once emailed a guy from RSVP for some weeks, and we got on quite well, so we switched to phone. I swear that he spoke just like Mr Humphreys from Are You Being Served, for those who are old enough to know that show. For those who aren't...he sounded like the voice someone uses if they are hamming up being as camp as a man can possibly be, replete with high pitched hmmmmm's at the end of his sentences. Call me fickle, but it put me right off. So if I like someone enough to want to talk on the phone, always before that first phonecall, my internal voice is chanting "please have a nice voice, please have a nice voice."

Thank you naamah for proving that I am not the only woman that uses the phone/voice test ....
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 52
Perceptions and Expectations
Posted: 8/12/2007 3:39:59 PM
It is my perception that single mothers on dating sites are considered "easy game" as we are more "desperate" than women without children. Hence the widely used expression milf (mother I'd love to f***), generally used by men (or should I say boys) in their twenties. Had to adjust my email settings to block them.
 beachlife68
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:44:56 PM
Not really the way i expected the thread to go but hey it's still worked out ok. From my view on truthful basis,
- expected to actually meet alot more ladies than I have actually
- never expected the games that there is
- never expected that it would be the forums that I enjoy more than the search
suppose my expectations and perceptions were way off beam, but out of it have enjoyed participating in the forums and hearing the daily goings on of various people.
 jacksgirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:06:27 PM
Hi, im new to the forums, so my expectation that u will be kind to me..lol

Expectations of internet dating is that ppl are honest about their age, height etc, as their is nothing worse than meeting someone only to find they have lied about their age and their pic by about 7 or 8 years and dont think anything of it. Mind u they are looking for ppl who are honest...well they arnt

Have a different perception to others about friends...are they looking for friends with benefits, friends with a view of nothing more ...or friends...see what happens.. I want someone to explain this to me

My perception of internet dating is a way to meet ppl..chat for a short time, telephone and then have a date...and go from there...some guys then just want to chat again on msn or tx...wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication and actually going out.

anyways have said enough...wat do u think
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:53:29 PM

Hi, im new to the forums, so my expectation that u will be kind to me..lol

Welcome to the asylum jacksgirl

Have a different perception to others about friends...are they looking for friends with benefits, friends with a view of nothing more ...or friends...see what happens.. I want someone to explain this to me

^^^^^ all of the above?

wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication

weeeelll I had this small accident with my scissors and I'm waiting for more cable to arrive....

atalia
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/13/2007 1:26:28 AM
Expecting darn slow computer facilities in that cave laquers, welcome jacksgirl, join the chaos, become one of us, get banned
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/13/2007 1:58:30 AM
Hi Jack Welcome to the loony bin.
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:19:41 AM
Yeah, welcome Jack...come in, the water's fine (sn1gger, sn1gger, sn1gger...)

Hey nice post there Buck. good to see somebody else is struggling with the friends-vs-romance thing.

I get messed up by this lady who 'trusts' me and repeatedly seeks out my company but keeps me at arms' length (and her flamin' arms are longer than mine). Still it's a life-long friendship or nothing, and I can't tear myself away from her so I continue to roll with it. Lucky for me she lives on another continent so I don't have to deal with it up close too often. Still, it gives me a good excuse to travel and freeload. We've been travel buddies now for the best part of a decade and the rest of her family treat me like some long lost rellie. Hmm, she's just moved to Montana, must be a housewarming coming up...break open piggy-bank and count coins.... (only $3.20??...bugger!)

My two most favourite people in the whole wide world are women, I admire them immensely and trust both of them implicitly. They say that same thing to me, so my life's pretty good in parts...

My perception is that there are lots of women out there who'd find my company palatable, but my expectation is that it might take a while for a live one to 'find' me... mostly because I'm pretty hopeless at finding anything by myself...
 obhwhitedragon
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:36:15 AM
""Perceptions and Expectations."".............: ""Hi Jack Welcome to the loony bin ""

this is where the best people are...........in the loony bin ..............right here
 lucifershamster
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:13:03 PM

wat happen to the telephone as a ways of communication

I think of my web cam as a video phone. Great when one or both of us is prone to rambling on a bit and the call is not local.
 jacksgirl
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:36:45 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome to the loony bin...not really used to forums...so used to chat rooms.

No doubt i will post again...

cheers

serenex
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:00:50 AM
Never expected someone to be gone from here sought of wont be the same from now on i will miss you as many will theres no perceived idea of what words to say but good luck
 Lacrymosa
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:05:42 AM
Sigh... I agree serenex....
 ebgdae
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:34:23 AM
^^^uhmmmmm, who're we saying goodbye to?

am I about to be banned?
 ~ charli ~
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:30:07 AM
Yeah, goodbye and good luck. Hope to see you back soon!!

atalia
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:30:21 AM
I expect it probably me, judging by past history
 serenex
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:52:01 AM
^^^^^Its ok ill still talk to you grammer mistakes and all
 atalia
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:33:42 AM
I dont wanna be her!!!!! I hated the side kick bla
 atalia
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:45:44 AM
I perceive it as artificial unintelligence
 atalia
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:16:43 AM
My perception is that now I am not blonde Jannick still wont let me be Zena
 beachlife68
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:33:48 PM
personally just would like to say miss seeing postd from the two ladies who have left, along with spongie who also looks to have departed, sincerely wish u all the best for the future. May huey always smile on you.
 lucifershamster
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:43:00 PM
Maybe they are setting up a commune.

Best wishes and hope they come back safe, forums are duller without them.
 lucifershamster
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:47:50 PM
jannick the name is gabriel. I got the impression there was some lipstick lesbian tendencies but that might just be wishful thinking.
 beachlife68
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:51:59 PM
^^^^ now thats a commune I would like to stay at ........... for 24 hours only!!! Just jokes
 obhwhitedragon
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/26/2007 11:43:35 PM
I have no Perceptions and Expectations when i go on a date, or a meeting as some of us call it..

maybe just to get with my dignity intact...
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Perceptions and Expectations