Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 godliketoaster
Msg: 76
guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
After reading this I thought about what women consider metal?

I listen to stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Chimera, Behemoth, Arch Enemy and others.

Is that too heavy for a lot of you who appreciate metal? Or is it not heavy enough for you?
 NoMexShrek
Msg: 77
guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:04:05 PM
My normal CD rotation (I am I-thingie less) and the seek list on my satellite radio:

Metallica (old)
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Pink Floyd
Moody Blues
Cream/Old Clapton
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Pantera
White Zombie

Most of the white women my age here like "romantic/chick country" or hip-hop/rap/dance (I can't really discern between the 3 at times) or Britney/PopPrincess of the month. 80's pop is about the only pop I can stomach, and I revel in its awesome cheesiness.

The latina girls like dance music and tejano for the most part. I can only stomach limited amounts of it all, and hate it when the bars are cranking it to 11 and I can't hear the person next to me.

For the most part I am a metal head. What's better is I wear concert T-shirts to work most days, and most are none the wiser!

But, most women here have the same reaction when they hear what I like.
 TheLimey
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:05:10 PM
I can't believe the OP classified Poison as heavy metal! LMFAO!
 ils99
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:33:44 PM
In regards to what you suggested about what girls in general like thesedays, I have to disagree. To my ears, there's really nothing worse than hip hop, rap and techno. I just can't stand it. I'd say I'd give a guy a chance as long as he is open to most genres of music, including classical because that's my main interest music-wise.
At one stage I used to love rock and could tolerate some heavy metal. Now I'm into jazz, classical and good old 80s and 90s pop. Tastes and preferences change with time, thats reasonable. Personally I'd consider it, and if our personalities and other interests were same/similar then I'd give it a shot.
 janetlynne
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:37:59 PM
as long as I don't have to listen to it, it doesn't matter to me what kind of music he likes. I won't make anyone listen to bach or vivaldi if they don't make me listen to heavy metal.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:53:42 PM
lol I should make a post like this but asking about DeathMetal. That would be even funnier lol

How about Cannibal Corpse? Or Bruheria, you know the band with the cop on the cover holding a real head torn from a body at a serial killer's crime scene. Or maybe some Deicide?
 .all.
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:03:15 PM
as long as they let me listen to my country once and a while haha
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:48:00 PM

Or Bruheria, you know the band with the cop on the cover holding a real head torn from a body at a serial killer's crime scene.

That turned out to be bogus. The Mexican police apparently investigated that album cover.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:17:02 PM
Bah, gha doesn't surprise me. It seems like so many stories people thought were to be true, years ago, are now proven to be fake. I just saw the "Alien Autopsy" movie which was about the original 1947 Alien Autopsy people thought was the only real Alien video. Which was waked, which is actually what the movie is about. Those guys made a TON of movie and also opened up doors to make other movies. It's incredible how some people can go from being broke to having hundreds of thousands of dollars. so fast!
 octoberromancee
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/11/2008 9:16:40 AM
nothing wrong with it.
i cant date a guy who doesnt.
heavy metal is my favorite choice :]
 nick426
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:13:53 AM
i believe im VERY dateable, and i listen to nothing but metal, now i don't think girls should judge a guy purly on music, but if they do, they don't want the country guy, i guarntee that. they'd have more fun with a rocker ;)
 Rosemary24
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:38:52 PM
Utterly, utterly, utterly dateable!!! (Well, to me anyway) But I still reserve the right to listen to Blackmore's Night, or Gaelic folk tunes.)

Especially with a long mane...sigh
 _Icon_
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:42:07 PM
When I get tired of heavy metal I listen to something soft like Iron Maiden.
 Falling Ember
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:59:29 PM
I'm not at all into heavy metal, but I don't see what a guy listens to as being a deal breaker issue. So long as he's not playing it at full volume when I'm trying to sleep, then it's not a problem. To be honest, I never ask what a guy listens to. I don't care.

I listen to music constantly, and it's always shifting. Last month it was downtempo, this month it's baroque.

The only thing that would annoy me is if he's one of those musical elitists I can't stand. They'll go on and on about how this artist is a cop out, and that artist is a genius and blah blah blah. Who cares? It's music: it's supposed to be enjoyed. Can I strip down a piece of music into its basic elements? Sure. Can I compose music? Sure. Do I feel the need to droll on and on about artists? No. It's boring. I don't like elitists on any topic.
 Det Morke Solskinn
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:23:36 PM
I refuse to date any man who DOESN'T listen to metal. In fact, it's already in my profile. If a man willingly listens to rap or hiphop, he is automatically stricken from my list of potential mates.

I find that men who listen to pop / country / rap / hiphop (or NO music) have the exact opposite characteristics of the ones I find attractive. (As well, metalheads have considerable style, as opposed to 'gangstas' who wear their pants around their knees...)

Metalheads are often the most polite, considerate, intelligent, affectionate (not to mention passionate) men you could ever want to meet. I'm glad most women don't like them. All the more for me to choose from :)
 celts123
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:29:58 PM
I refuse to date any man who DOESN'T listen to metal. In fact, it's already in my profile. If a man willingly listens to rap or hiphop, he is automatically stricken from my list of potential mates.

IMO it's silly to judge someone or not to date someone simply based on what type of music he listens to. Some people tried to blame a string of school shootings back in the 1990s on heavy metal. I thought that was unfair.

Metalheads are often the most polite, considerate, intelligent, affectionate (not to mention passionate) men you could ever want to meet.

The type of music that someone listens to has nothing to do with personality.
 Det Morke Solskinn
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:32:44 PM
Actually, it's a (proven, documented) fact.

But sure, you're entitled to your opinion.
 celts123
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:33:42 PM
Actually, it's a (proven, documented) fact.

I would like to see some proof of this "documented fact".

I think music preference and personality go hand in hand.

Not necessary. I know some people who listen to the same music. But they have little else in common. Some of my friends listen to different music than I do. But we do have many other things in common.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:35:34 PM
I prefer metal heads.
Long haired metal heads are even better [=)

I think music preference and personality go hand in hand.
 Det Morke Solskinn
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:48:15 PM
Then look it up.
 celts123
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:52:05 PM

Then look it up.

If you claim that something is true, then you should be able to tell me where you got your info from. A book, a website, magazine article etc.
 Det Morke Solskinn
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:05:08 PM
But that would require a feeling of responsibility or desire to prove myself to you, which I don't have.

If you want to know, seek out the information yourself.

I'll stick with my knowledge of the truth and my love of metalheads \m/
 celts123
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:13:57 PM
But that would require a feeling of responsibility or desire to prove myself to you, which I don't have.If you want to know, seek out the information yourself.
I'll stick with my knowledge of the truth and my love of metalheads

Why state something as a fact if you can't/won't back it up? If you are involved in any type of discussion or debate, it's not the other person's responsibility to find info to back up your point. You are entitled to think that metalheads have the best personalities. However that is just YOUR opinion.
 kaylee-c
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:16:30 PM
It's kinda sad that this even matters. Personally in a "partner" I'm not looking to find my twin, so I don't mind him listening to whatever he wants. I personally love Amy Winehouse's music does that mean I'm not dateable because I'm likely to always be drunk/on drugs?!?? No! So Op I think there are some girls who won't care.
 wickedntwizted
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:46:47 PM
Personally I would never decide if I wanted to date a guy based on his music preference. If they do like the same kind of music as me thats good because we could enjoy going to the same concerts and such but I wouldn't rule out a guy because of this. I like hard rock and heavy metal and love going to concerts such as Ozzfest so it would be a plus for me. I dislike rap and hip hop but would still date a guy that loves that type of music as long as he has the qualities I look for in a man.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?