Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pingpongak
Msg: 77
why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
wow mmmmmmm are woman on that side of the state like the ones over here got there head up there ass or is it something in the water over here i sure would like to know yahoo davidjones72301
 ok72076
Msg: 81
view profile
History
why does it suck trying to find someone decent in Arkansas?
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:36:51 PM
Amen Aurura.

A profile sounds interesting but half the time the person is too far away that you seriously doubt anything would come of a friendship.
 hoosier_girl
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/27/2008 3:18:04 PM
Where I live in North Central part of the state (Marion-Baxter counties) there's not that many places to meet people either. I don't get alot of chances to get out. I have 3 children at home and my appointment book is a necessity.

I meet friends for lunch at Chilis at least once a month. Just this year my friends got me doing Karoke. I got my reservation for New Year's eve at the 178 Club restaurant where they are having Karoke.

Saturdays I am at the local bowling alley watching my kids bowl for a youth league. Sunday Morning - I am at Church.

I love this state being a transplanted Hoosier since 2/95 but I have lived in many places being in the Air Force. I am not a girly girl and don't wear much jewelry, or makeup. I can't change my oil but I can shoot a pistol (left or right), fish, hook up a computer and other stuff and talk intelligently about many things. And to my oldest kids embarassment I even talk to strangers sitting in waiting rooms, stores and Silver Dollar City. I may never know their name and they don't know mine.
 brewswain
Msg: 86
have you noticed?
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:52:05 PM
have you noticed that the most beautiful women are far, far away?
 brewswain
Msg: 88
have you noticed?
Posted: 1/6/2009 7:11:21 PM
billfishin, I do believe you have made my case clear.
Mapsonus says she is 109 miles away---way too far for dating.
And that pore gal is MARRIED--I aint messing with her!
 ok72076
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 8:47:10 PM
AuroraA,

Starting out as just friends before anything else develops is great.
But some many of the ladies in my lower economic class still want the guy who is just a friend to pay for meals out every weekend, instead of splitting who pays or going dutch all the time.
Guys won't mind paying if the ladies would volunteer and cook to alternate things.
And, just be upfront about sexual interests. Even Teddy Bears have desires... just don't act like you're dating... be upfront.
ok

brewswain
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/12/2009 5:07:02 PM
Don't you just hate it when they force you to move to Texas?

:)
 Hawkdream
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:45:58 PM
I was in TX and hadda come to Ar to make a living. Now how's that for a kick in the teeth? No, seriously, my dad had several strokes and I thought I probably needed to come spend some time with him while I could. Two years later, he moved back to TX and I got a divorce, lol.
Now my granddaughter and I love it since we moved to Little Rock from NE AR. I've made a few friends but always looking for friends, since romance seems to be for the young and pretty. Oh, well, what happened to the dances, SWARE?
 ok72076
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:40:28 PM
Hey C.,

The Legion is still having there parties.

And a new group on DateHookUp is trying to get things together. We had our first saturday at CLASSICS in NLR at 7 p. m

If you like swing-dancing to rock and roll, check out the place after 8 pm on thursdays.
 ok72076
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 4:47:46 PM
hey mary, great comment... sounds like a lot of people I come across.

your dogs are cute too. Give a hollar if you want to do dinner some time.
keith
 MikeT36
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/18/2009 1:03:25 PM
I would like to think AR is full of decent folks, just hard to find a compatible person more than once living in the same small town for so many years, seems the nice women are taken, others that have lost marriages may not want to get involved with anyone else, but I am going to keep looking, hopefully I will get lucky again in life.
 ok72076
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 7:30:02 PM
well, it's a universal problem... and sometimes women have too high of standards for just meeting someone. ,,, even would be dirty old men..

kids and grandkids make things extremely hard, especially for people who say they want to develop a relationship and then don't take the time when both of you are off to do things together. Like I was suppose to be having a lady friend call me back tonight and it sure looks like I'm being stood up when I could have gone to the POF dance at the Legion instead!
 ok72076
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 6:12:21 PM
You have any luck yet,. son?

Date older women and BBWs and you might actually have something to do on weekends.
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  >