Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 3
CheesecakePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i have a pretty decent no-bake cheesecake recipe...well ya hafta bake a graham crust but thats no biggie
1 pckge philly cream cheese...(i think they are 8 oz)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice

beat all these together in a large bowl until cream cheese is kinda fluffy and the sugar is incorporated...take 1 large container of cool-whip (thawed) and fold it together with the cream cheese mixture...add as many blueberries as you like saving a few handfuls to sprinkle on top...once you have everything mixed thoroughly...place into a cooled graham cracker crust and refrigerate for a few hours...
(i wont give a recipe for graham cracker crust cuz its so easy but when you line the pans with it for baking...dont compress it too much or it will be very hard)...
i find that this will yield 2 -9x9 pans...
its simple andeasy to make but very very good
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 14
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/14/2007 8:33:02 PM
MacGyverRI's Chocolate Tiramisu layer cheesecake w/ Chocolate Ganache
(I actually won a contest w/ this)

Tools;
2, 9-10" spring form pans or bake 2 batches OR slice the whole thing in 1/2 (are you as good as me? lol)
Parchment paper to line the pans
good mixer w/ whisk or paddle

part 1;
2 1/2 lb. cream cheese (5 packs)
1/4 cup confectioners or raw cane Turbinado/Demara type sugar
1 pint half and half or whipping cream (NEVER use sour cream) save 3-4 Tbl. for Ganache
1-2 Tbl. vanilla
4 lg. eggs
5-8 oz. Ghirardelli (Hersheys or? as a last resort) pure ground chocolate powder (not the sweetened type)

mix all the above,
line pans w/ buttered parchment paper and split the mixture into 2 equal layers.
bake at 375 for 10-15 mins, reduce to 325 for 40-50 mins total baking time and toothpick comes out clean.

Part 2, Tiramisu Filling;
8 oz. Marscapone cheese OR 8 oz Ricotta cheese w/ 2 Tbl. ea. cream and confectioners sugar.
2-3 Tbl. instant coffee and 1-2 oz. Kahlua is also great
1/8 cup confectioners sugar (or to taste)
blend this in a food processor until very smooth.

NEXT, 1/2 filling goes on ea layer
cheesecake/filling/cheesecake/filling
Fridge this for 2-3 hrs. and make the Ganache when cheesecake is very cold

Fun Part;
1/2-3/4 lb. 60%+ cocoa butter chocolate (save a few squares for grating on top)
break it up and melt in double boiler w/ 3-4 tbls. cream
whisk this up well until very smooth then (Work quickly) pour it all over the cheesecake using a sm. spatula to spread it evenly on top and sides then quickly grate the blocks on top.

Fridge again for an hr. then it can be served.
This has been know to ease massive PMS ;)

please use exact title if sharing recipe as I have many recipes and may be publishing a cookbook.
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 15
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:06:43 PM
P.S.
Take the parchment paper off the cheesecake before layering and frosting w/ the Ganache.
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 16
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:12:03 PM
only 1/4 cup of sugar for all that cream cheese?
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 17
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:26:11 PM

only 1/4 cup of sugar for all that cream cheese?

You could add more but the cream and the ground chocolate make it sweet enough.

Try it, you'll love it!
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 20
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:39:53 PM

hey mac...i'm thinking that maybe there just isn't enough sweetness in that recipe

Trust me, it's a hit whenever you serve it :)
real cream and no sourcream is the sweetener.

and isn't there a pretty big difference between ricotta and mascarpone cheese?

Actually to make Marscapone (refined creamy ricotta) you just use "8 oz Ricotta cheese w/ 2 Tbl. ea. cream and confectioners sugar then blend well in a food processor" and POOF! cheap Marscapone.

If you want, I can sail on over in a few weeks and show you how to make it, as long as there's a marina close by. It goes really well with my home made Blueberry Merlot;)

(offer valid to playsnice only, void where flirting is prohibited by BF's, Ex's etc)
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 21
Cheesecake
Posted: 8/15/2007 8:24:32 PM

do you put the ricotta thru cheesecloth first?...my mother did everytime she used it in recipes.

Nooo, you want it creamy.

The cheesecloth trick is to make it more firm by taking out the excess water, kind of like a fresh farmers cheese.
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:24:09 PM
Sounds like a chiffon cheesecake if it's light 'n fluffy. Here are 2 recipes - 1 is cream cheese based, the other, believe it or not, uses creamed cottage cheese. Personally, I don't like cheesecakes but my sons said these are good - they even enjoyed the cottage cheese one.

Chiffon Cheesecake I
1/4 cup butter
1 cup graham wafer crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt

In small saucepan, melt butter; stir in wafer crumbs and sugar. Pat firmly into bottom of buttered 9” spring-form pan or 9” square dish. Bake at 375°F for 7 minutes. Cool while preparing filling. Reduce oven to 300°F. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; add condensed milk and egg yolks; beat until smooth; stir in lemon juice; set aside.

In small bowl, beat eggs whites with salt to soft peak stage; fold into condensed milk mixture; turn into prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched 1” from centre. Cool slightly, chill; remove rim of pan.

Note: If desired, top with your favourite fruit before serving.

Chiffon Cheesecake II
2 cups graham cracker or zwieback crumbs
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup sifted flour
3 cups (1-1/2 lbs.) creamed cottage cheese, drained
pinch of salt
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon or orange
1 cup cream

In small bowl, whip cream to stiff peak stage. Mix together crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Save 1/4 of this and press remainder on bottoms and sides of buttered 9” spring-form pan. Beat egg yolks until thick; add 3/4 cup sugar, flour, pinch of salt and sieved cheese. Add lemon rind and juice. Beat egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff. Fold meringue and whipped cream into cheese mixture. Pour into pan. Bake at 300°F for 75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched 1” from centre. Cool; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture.
 Dovelett
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:28:05 PM
Litlth try this

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 pound butter room temperature
3 -8 oz. packages cream cheese
1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pint whipping cream whipped

Cream together first three ingredients until fluffy. Blend in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add the whipped cream. Pour into 2 graham cracker crusts and sprinkle top with graham cracker crumbs. Chill 3 or 4 hours
 Dovelett
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:33:20 PM
Pineapple Cheesecake No Bake
2 graham cracker pie crusts
1-16 oz. container whipped cream
2- 8 oz. packages cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple -drain ALL of the juice

In a large mixing bowl mix together the whipped cream, cream cheese and sugar.
Drain as much of the pineapple juice as you can from the can of crushed pineapple. This step is very important because too much juice left in the pineapple will prevent the cheesecake from setting properly.
Once the pineapple has been drained, add the pineapple to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared graham cracker crusts.
Refrigerate for at least an hour. 2 cakes or 16 servings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cream Orange Cheesecake this is good
2 -8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. orange extract
2 drops yellow food color
1 drop red food color
9 “ graham cracker pie crust

~Garnish~
Whipped cream
Orange slices cut thin

Preheat oven 350°F
Large bowl beat the creams - cheese - sugar until light ñ fluffy - adding eggs- beat well.
Now add- sour cream – vanilla - mix well. Place 1 cup of mixture in small bowl - stir in orange extract - yellow - red food colors for swirling.

Pour remaining cream cheese mixture into pie crust. Add orange cream cheese mixture on top of the cream filling by spoonfuls ñ swirl -with a knife swirl gently into cream create a marbled effect. Be careful not to cut into crust but down to it.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm around the edges – however center will be slightly loose. Cool 1 hour - then cover ñ chill for at least 8 hours before serving.

~Note~ When ready to serve - top each slice of cheesecake with a
dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping with thin slices of orange.
Only do this to pieces being served. Serves 6-8
 texasbaby
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:41:52 PM
You should read it again ~ it says " 1 pint whipping cream whipped "
If you pour in the unwhipped cream, you'll ruin the cheese cake Sparklingroser.

tb
 texasbaby
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/22/2008 4:35:45 AM
Ah, you're more than welcome... I know it will be great!
To be honest I do a big time cheat on cheese cakes at my house, but it tastes good! That's the point, right?
So, I go to the grocery store and put a cookie crust pie shell in the shopping cart, then I go to the dairy case where the cream cheese is. Philly brand cream cheese makes a cheese cake filling ~ it's in a bowl, I get one of those. Then I find the isle with the pie filling and get a can,,, blueberry, cherry or pineapple, usually. Next to the frozen food section for Cool Whip.
When I get home I put the pie filling in the frig to chill for a couple of hours. I spread the bowl of cheese cake into the crust, top with the pie filling, Cool Whip on top of that and place the pie back to the frig. for an hour or two.
Then it's ready to eat, no baking.

tb
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 1/27/2009 6:50:45 PM
Tips from one of my cheesecake cookbooks:

1. If you bake often, you'll benefit from using a professional cheesecake pan.
2. Mix for the time and speed given in a recipe. Overbeating, including mixing at too high a speed, incorporates too much air, which can make a cheesecake collapse.
3. Many recipes have you add moisture during baking to help keep a cheesecake from cracking. To do this, place a shallow pan of hot water on the bottom oven rack during baking.
4. Recipe directions may also warn you to not "peek" at a cheesecake until it nears the end of baking. Cheesecakes can crack from a sudden shock of cold air.
5. Cheesecakes are baked at lower temperatures than regular cakes to keep them from shrinking.
6. How can you tell if cheesecake is done? Either touch the top lightly or gently shake the pan. The center may be just firm to your touch or jiggle slightly, but it will set during chilling.
7. Poking the tip of a knife in the cheesecake to test doneness isn't advised because the hole could cause it to crack.

Here's what to do after the cheesecake is baked:

1. Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature for 30 minutes or as directed in the recipe before you put it in the fridge.
2. Refrigerate it uncovered for 2 to 3 hours or until chilled before you serve it. If you cover the warm cheesecake right away, moisture may condense and drip onto the cheesecake top.
3. After chilling, cover the cheesecake so that it doesn't dry out or pick up odors from other foods, and keep it in the fridge.
4. Run a metal spatula along the side to loosen it from the pan; do this after baking and after refrigerating. Otherwise, the cheesecake could pull away from the crust as it cools.
5. To cut, first dip the knife into water, and clean it off after every cut. Or use a piece of dental floss! Holding a length of dental floss taut between your hands, pull the floss down through the cheesecake, making a clean cut.
 deltadawn747
Msg: 54
Cheesecake
Posted: 3/7/2009 2:34:02 PM
Can't wait try try this chessecake!...yummy!!
 mik1950
Msg: 56
Cheesecake
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:38:05 PM
Marker 477 ...i have never known a cheesecake made with eggs last long enough to get salmonella...its usually devoured in a coupla days
 Strong Women Of God
Msg: 58
Cheesecake
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:16:04 PM
Yummy I love cheese cake but I am watching my weight but who cares I have to make the pina colada one and kalua and brownie one and pumpkin bourbon one. Thank you
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 60
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/17/2011 10:30:57 AM
FOR CHEATERS and frugality

Semi home made..Cherry cheese cake

Store bought graham cracker crust.

8 oz cream cheese
14 oz condensed sweetened milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teasp vanilla ext
Blend well and put in crust then refrigerate 4 hours ..

top with cherry pie filling.
vvvvvvv
21 oz can cherry pie filling

You can do blueberry/raspberry ect.
 caddyman101
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 12/17/2011 2:04:21 PM
try ground hazelnut mixed in with your gramcrackers
 UkSammie
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Cheesecake
Posted: 9/5/2012 4:41:17 PM
Im making a chocolate cheese cake tomorrow :)
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  >