Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DJMac
Msg: 41
view profile
History
today's TV shows totally SUCKPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To me sitting around watching TV for a period of time is really really really freaking boring. My friends on Sundays have movie night where they get together and watch two of three movies. I quit that because we have opposite tastes in films and also I got so bored and restless watching television. Right now I am having picture problems with my TV and my DVD player conked out on me and I really dont care. Someday I'll get the TV fixed but its not important to me. To be honest I would rather read a book or listen to music than watch TV.

Also the only movies I like to watch anyways are documentaries. I hate comedies.
 BDRT
Msg: 42
today's TV shows totally SUCK
Posted: 9/9/2007 7:08:15 AM
I don't watch much tv at all. When I do it's usually a movie, or music videos (country) or maybe something like Law and Order. I don't even know what's on anymore.
 NatGoat
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/9/2007 9:21:57 AM
A Majority DO . .
All the Cop-shows . . Crime Investigation . . Courtroom Trash . .
Granted . .
Some story lines are intriguing . . and some of the techniqies are fascinating...
...But, it's still the same old Jazz . . Week after Week . .
I'd like to see a Re-make of the 'Richard' Van Dyke Show . . !!!
* Starring Ryan Stiles . . Jeri Ryan . . Robin Williams {as Buddy}. .
{..I need some more cast members . . ! . . H E L P ! . . }
 kasandroid
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/10/2007 9:17:53 AM
Maybe the writers and producers of TV shows thinks that the VIEWERS all have ADD or other probs that require pills, so there isn't much of an effort anymore.

I tell ya though I still can't believe that NipTuck show and how that one made it on TV.
The one scene where the Doctor gives the fugly woman a brown paper bag to wear in order to have sex with him was a shocker and other scenes. JAW dropping scenes. Well at least my friend and I had a few laughs watching it.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/16/2007 5:42:18 PM
Try BBC shows on BBCA, A&E, PBS, etc. Dr. Who, My Hero, My Family, Red Dwarf, Thornwood, etc, may be to your liking.
 designingwoman
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2007 2:11:15 PM
The worst has to be Gray's Anatomy. I hate the characters and the oversexed nature of the show.

I like Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica for the current offerings. Boston Legal is funny. Sometimes there is sexual banter on BL but at least it's humorous and left to the imagination instead of being so overt like Gray's Anatomy.

I don't waste my time with any of the dumb reality shows. Real life is a more interesting reality show
 barbee1970
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/8/2009 12:34:53 PM
All of these goofy one word series are boring... House, Bones, 24, Lost,Office, CSI ,ER

I am more into documentaries and non fiction
 mrnova66
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/29/2011 6:13:40 PM
I feel sorry for this generation...The shows on today are PITIFUL!!!!Then even once in a while they try to copy cat..What a joke...One of my favorite movies was karate kid(1984)..They try to remake it with Will Smith son..What a joke..I never watch it..I would not waste my money..Now thay are tring to remake Annie..OH!!!Give me a brake!!!!The number one watch show was the last show of MASH(feb/1983)..Until last Super bowl(2010)..It tied it...But not percentage wise...Just the amount of people..MASH will always hold that title...WHY?...There were alot less people in the world in 1983..It would take a hell of a show to beat out MASH in percentage...I do not see that happening in my life time...And please do not get me started about the Crap music this generation listens to...In fact most listen songs in radio history on up today are songs pre 1990s.,,,Rock went down hill in mid 1980s...Then 1990 that was all she wrote...MTV was history around 1986-1987...RUN DMC(1986/walk this way) was the beginning of the end of MTV..Ratings slip from then on(Percentage)..By 1990 it was over for MTV...Best years of MTV(aug.1981-may.1986)..This generation miss out.
 daynadaze
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 7:33:29 PM
But see, it's going to be rather rare to find younger people who think MASH was a great show, it's dated, it seems kind of odd if you didn't grow up with Viet Nam. Even my dad who served in Korea didn't relate to MASH, it was a show for the Make Love Not War generation. There was a time when I wouldn't have miss MASH and it cracked me up totally, but now, I think oh that was funny but I'm not LOL like I use to.

My parents hated my music, they thought it wasn't music it was garbage. I knew the day I got old, it was when I told my son that his music was not music but noise. Waking up to Nine Inch Nails made me want to eat my young! Then Rap, old my gawd do I hate Rap! But it's normal for that to happen, most people tend to stick to an era and not see past it.

Today's TV shows are no more and no less than shows from my youth, I mean how to you defend the likes of Mr. Ed? Most people would find it hard to believe that The Flintstones were a prime-time highly-watched-by-adults TV show, but yet they think nothing of watching Family Guy or King of the Hill. Once you hit that time in your life when everything new seems ruined, the past was the best...all you've done is hit old age.
 mrnova66
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:14:29 AM
I have to disagree everything you wrote^^^^First off..Rap music is not music..You can spin it any way you want to..It is not music...I far as shows growing up..They were more moral and entertaining..That is a fact..If you do not know this..Then you must live in LA!!!LA!!! Land..Getting back to MASH...Again they had the highest percentage of a program in TV history.That in itself speaks volumes..P.S...You compare Rap junk compared to Rock Music of the 1970s..YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!I am sorry i can not take you serious...AGAIN!!!!As of right now there are more songs on the radio pre 1990 being played than after 1990.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2011 9:04:54 AM
Although much of what is on tv is pretty crappy, we have to remember that there are hundreds of channels and we can only watch one show at a time. I live in Canada, and I have no problem killing hours in front of my tv. Although the DVR makes it much more effective.

My favourites are Entourage, the Office, East Bound and Down, Family Guy and Simpsons. If we are counting sports then the CFL, NFL and NHL and even golf make for some fine TV.

I shake my head at Jersey Shore, and am hoping that this type of character does not get emulated by my own children (yet I find Peter Griffin hilarious -double standard I guess)

I find that movies are more disappointing than TV.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/31/2011 3:44:31 PM
I miss Barney Miller.
and the Bob Newhart show(both of em).
and Taxi.

Now if networks could do shows like those again....
I may watch network TV again.
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/31/2011 4:35:40 PM
Every time I really like a t.v show it gets cancelled.Jericho from a few years ago lasted only one season.It was really good but of course something like that gets cancelled while the damn Kardashians go on and on and on and on and on.....................
 mrnova66
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:36:30 PM
Now your talk-in^^^^^Best shows ever..Add Grizzly Adams too...Yes this generation missed out...MTV can go ahead and play old tapes of videos with the original D.J.s..Martha Quinn..JJ Jackson...With the commercials...But not past 1986..That is when it went in the crapper..CRAP Noise..The best show indeed was in the 60s,70s and early 80s..Laugh In..Goldy Hawn first gig...Gary Owens/Space Ghost voice also stared in Laugh-IN...And please do not get me started with the sorry cartoons today..Complete fail compared to yester years..No comparison..Those bugs bunny and popeyes sailor man was made back in the 40s and 50s..Way before my tims but still love them.They are the best....RUMOR has it that hollywood is going to remake smoky and the bandit..OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!!You got to be kidding me.That is one movie should be left alone..Unless they can bring Jackie Gleason and MR.Lewis from the grave.Then i say that would be a big mistake.That is a american icon(The movie)Please show some respect Hollywood...99% of remakes from the 70s have been a total disaster.And how about all the horror remakes.What a joke.They could not leave Holloween alone.And by the way that is the number 1 rented horror movie on record(1978 version of course)..There will never be another one like it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2011 6:45:00 PM
And with that list, I rest my case, shows were just as crappy back then as they are now.

I did like some of them too, but really, come on, crap is crap.

People have different tastes, turn the channel if you don't like the show, if nothing is on, something will be in an hour or two.
 mrnova66
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/3/2011 9:59:01 AM
You just prove my point on today TV^^^You have to go through a thousand channels to find something good on.Back 30 years ago you might have had 3 channels..There were always something good on every night...In fact growing up us kids would fight to see what was on the other 2 channels..Not no more..You got to channel surf to find 1 good program in a 1000 channels..That is if your lucky...Stick me with the CLASSICS ANY DAY..You can have the crap thay have on today...Thank god for You tube and other free movie outlets on the NET..I cancel my cable 2 years ago..Do not miss it..All stupid programs....
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/4/2011 3:59:39 AM

Southland rocks
 mrnova66
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/7/2011 8:54:03 AM
Did anyone see the all so called entertainment at the Superbowl?...What a disgrace..Look at the stupid commercials..What a joke..Might have been 1 or 2 at best that made since..The rest was STUPID!!!!!The National Anthem was a disgrace..Horrible voice and missed lines..What a joke..And far as half time..You got to be kidding me..Looks like they went to the loony farm to hire someone to sing..My god..There was a grown man with a glad sandwich bag on top of his head..I have been hearing that this band was suppose to be popular...Where this band come from stupid AMERICAN IDOL?...What a joke..This will go down as the worse halftime show in Superbowl history..Next time please hire Lee Greenwood to sing the National Anthem..HAVE SOME CLASS!!!!Do not hire someone that is clueless about TRUE TALENT...
 Hands of gold
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 5:11:26 PM
We may think the old shows were better, but have you sat through and episode of Gilligan's Island or Happy Days lately? What was good before was measured against a different standard. They seemed good, but would lack any edge now. I don't want to say that today's stuff kills the old stuff, but maybe we are remembering things with a different mind.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/22/2014 10:18:28 PM
Except for Once Upon A Time. . which I happen to catch on Huluplus. I'm happy with just Huluplus, internet, and Netflix. Didn't see the point of paying for cable, as I don't watch much tv anyways except for that one show.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/23/2014 2:00:24 PM
bike man- I gave up cable a while back, there are only a few shows I miss.
I watch CSI, Lie to me and Psych on Netflix.
I finally sprang for a box that allows me to get the basic channels, mostly so I can still watch The Big Bang theory.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2014 2:45:13 PM
last night's "the Good Wife" was pretty amazing ... I enjoy scripted shows with
a minimum of gore, violence or "sexual innuendos" mocking "comedy" ... I do
not generally watch "reality" shows (which rarely demonstrate "reality") ... so I
was watching "the Good Wife" while I played cards, talked on the phone and
generally did everything BUT watch the show ... when ... shocker! a major
character was suddenly killed off ...

wow ... did not see that coming ... now I've gotta watch it again to see what I
missed while I was reading ...
Posted: 3/25/2014 6:17:47 PM
An example of a good T.V. series that paradoxically didn't last it's first season is Joss Whedon's "Firefly". It was even used as an example of a show that was great but failed for all of the wrong reasons on a show that was about shows.

I've sometimes wondered how T.V. history would've evolved if such a big era wasn't practically dominated by Glen Larson and Donald Bellisario.
 mountinmann
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/9/2014 10:41:46 PM
I agree that today's shows totally suck for the most part.
I despise reality shows especially.

I just discovered METV and I love all of those old shows.
 John255317
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/9/2014 11:19:48 PM
I agree with ME TV, it is a great station for those of us that remember those shows growing up. Actually, my 9 yr old grandson likes that station. He likes Adam 12 and Emergency and some others. Until recently, I hadn't seen those shows in decades. Cool to see them on.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >