Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 82
today's TV shows totally SUCKPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
bebopalu- I already mentioned Big theory, I think it's better than ever! Loved the episodes with Stephan Hawking, Amy is a hoot, great show!
 daynadaze
Msg: 83
view profile
History
today's TV shows totally SUCK
Posted: 4/24/2014 4:56:45 PM
Often on shows when they bring in new people, it's a sign of the show dying and usually a useless attempt to save the it. But bringing in Bernadette and Amy has been a complete win. I love them both, it cracks me up that Bernadette sounds just like her mother-in-law and the way Amy plays off of Sheldon, just brilliant casting. Also it's given Penny more human qualities to interact with these women, instead of just being the hot girl across the hall. I like her with Leonard but some of her best work comes when she's with Bernadette & Amy.

I miss The Office.
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:21:33 PM
^ And why did they keep alternating Big Bang Theory and Two And A Half Men, showing an episode of one, then the other, then the one again, then the other again. Do they actually think that they can "trick" me into ever liking Two And A Half Men?! Sorry, never gonna happen.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/25/2014 10:49:45 PM
Drinksthesunwithmyface- I hear what you are saying, it's hard to go from an intelligent, funny show to the two and a helf men-awful.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/29/2014 4:45:31 PM
daynadaze-Yes! The interaction between the women is great. On a side note, it would be a good change for them to FINALLY have a love interest for Raj, it would be interesting to throw another dynamic of couples in the mix and the lonely/awkward spiel with him is getting a little old (still love the show).
Posted: 4/29/2014 5:50:39 PM
Something to think about concerning this show and this being a dating site forums where people talk about such things: Big Bang Theory is a good example, by the way, of the one thing that's wrong with so many guys who aren't so good with women in various ways, can't get a date, feel awkward, etc...the one thing, the only thing, that's wrong with all of the guys in that show is simply that they believe themselves to be weak, unworthy, or unattractive. They make it true. They seem to revel in it. Even though the aforementioned traits are true to some extent...they are always true about everyone to some extent, but what makes all of the difference in the world is that these characters accept it as almost completely defining who they are - in real life, the problem with a guy is that lack of confidence, and self-esteem. They think of themselves as that stereotype, use whatever ways by which they are not perfect to forget whatever good qualities they have, and use it to define who they are - so that no matter what good can be said about you, and whatever ways by which you might be attractive, what ruins it all is thinking of yourself the way that these characters in this show do. I myself can't help but feel a complete lack of respect for the characters every time they demean and belittle themselves...everytime they acknowledge their faults as if those faults completely define who they are in a way that makes them so unworthy to all women, when it comes to women, sex, ability, manliness, or toughness. The shortcomings of the real-life counterparts to these characters are often not a big deal...but when a person embraces their shortcomings so passionately, when it's their primary source of self-identity, that's what makes them so completely unattractive.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/29/2014 7:42:52 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface- Everyone, at some point, doubts themselves, but you are right, constant doubt and lack of self esteem is not a good thing.
As you think, you are.
I can't remember where I heard that, but when I'm feeling down, I force myself to remember those words and snap out of it asap.
Wise words.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2015 4:34:20 AM
New show on Fox, Backstrom with Rainne Wilson from the office series.

Take the semi whacked detective from the old Law And Order CI and cross him with Colombo.
I really like it.
Posted: 2/13/2015 1:10:15 PM
A show that started a while back, Utopia, either continued on another channel, or just went away. If it went away, it's one of the few times when what was deserved, was what was got...because the show was sad as f-ck. They always gotta pick such losers and idiots and pretentious fools for these shows. Or else the show makes them that way.
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/14/2015 6:13:43 PM

Take the semi whacked detective from the old Law And Order CI and cross him with Columbo.
I really like it.

Ooh, Peppermint_Petunias, he reminds you of the Vincent D'Onofrio character (Robert Goren)? In that case I've got to check it out.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2015 3:33:35 PM
funny if you read page 1 they talk about "two and a half men" back in 07 I can only say watch what you like , I miss Dexter , I love Justifid , Banshee , masters of sex , the news room was great ,homeland as well . on the network I like person of interst, the good wife , and Law and order svu been watching 16years, to me if you like the actors , you tune in , but that's me (and I still watch silent films) find your bliss , and maybe it's not on TV,,peace and love ;-)
 SexyKG74
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2015 5:08:57 PM
I agree...actually, I got rid of my television around 2010. On average, I probably watch 2 shows that I view on my computer a week now. Between 2007 to present, I've watched more television when I was in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Switzerland as opposed to the US.

When the weather is too bad to go out or the rare times I am sick, I get my overload of favorite old shows:

-Three's Company
-The Jeffersons
-All In The Family
-Golden Girls
-Family Matters
-The Facts Of Life
-Night time oldies but goodies soaps: Dallas/Dynasty/Falcon Crest/Knots Landing...yeah, I was the 8 y/o who religiously watches these!
-Law & Order
-Martin/In Living Color/Married With Children
-Roseanne
-Seinfeld/Friends/Will and Grace
-The Sopranos
-Sex And The City

And when I want to see things that were well before my time:
-The Munsters
-Addams Family
-Little Rascals
-The Three Stooges
-Laurel and Hardy

When I was on an 18-hour flight to HK, my co-worker tried his best to get me to watch episodes of the Atlanta and California Housewives...but I just couldn't...way too ratchet/ghetto for my taste...
 Ainen
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:37:50 PM
My favorite shows are on PBS Wednesday evenings: Nature, Nova and assorted documentaries.

Big Bang Theory and Modern Family are the only current sitcoms I watch. Too bad they chopped off Penny's hair.

Family Guy still has occasional clever/amusing moments. The show was edgier when Bush was president. Apparently the writers like Obama and don't take many shots at the current administration the way they did with the former one.

My rabbit ears get over 20 free channels and the alternate ones usually have better programs: lots of older shows.
 gtomustang
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:46:02 PM
I used to think shows from the late 70's and 80's had such long runs b/c the studios couldn't find anything else to replace 'em. Then NPR was mentioning how the show Barney Miller was so loved by cops, b/c instead of gunplay or Dragnet's procedural handling of an individual case, BM showed that a cop's job might be just going to work, dealing with some real whackjobs, then punching out, like it was just another desk job.

I stopped watching TV when I moved out on my own at 18 b/c I simply couldn't get TV reception where I lived. Now I have cable, and it seems like any show I like has a few weeks of season, then they go on vacation and play reruns, then come back for a few more weeks with new shows, then I guess may take another break before summer reruns. nice work if ya can find it.

if you really wanna see some of the old shows, like Carol Burnett or What's your line, check youtube. I even found some episodes of "Stingray". Of course, back then, if the main character had a fault, it was they were too nice. Now most of the main characters are "anti heros", with exceptions like Agent Coulson on MAOS. And most shows, no matter how good, end up long in the tooth--Cheers, anyone?

when you're a kid, a TV show's lack of realism doesn't matter. But as you get older, you might look for more, and find it really lacking. but your mind still wishes there was some substance. As for the reality shows on Discovery and A&E, gosh, why do they kill them so much with fake drama? 'OH no, we might not get this done in time. COMMERICAL Oh wait, sure we can."

oh wow, a remake of Smokey and the Bandit--I predict Johnny Knoxville will be Cletus or the Bandit. too bad Pontiac exists no more. You know Hollywood is going down when all those screenwriters have to pull from books and remakes, can't create anything new. But, SATB even sucked when it did part two with the original actors.

can't imagine who'll do Bufford T Justice with any justice, either. At least when Heath Ledger did the Joker, no one bothered to mention the name, "Jack Nickelson" since Ledger did such a bang-on job with the character. when you can make people forget jackie boy once did your character...you did a good job.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:20:27 PM
They used to have some good ones. Barney Miller was funny.

Used to like The Rockford Files

All the old westerns, Gun Smoke, The Rifleman, Branded, Maverick, High Chapparel, Have Gun Will Travel, Bat Masterson, Wagon Train, Bonanza used to be a Sunday evening staple.
Can't remember the name of the show where Clint Eastwood played Rowdy I believe on a perpetual cattle drive.

Funny how in all those gunfight scenes you never saw blood but you knew the bad guy bought it. Lol
 Ainen
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:25:34 PM
Yesterday I learned they made additional Bandit movies because Amazon suggested a SEVEN pack of Bandits! The four others got bad reviews, for example they said the car looked like crap. No Burt, no Jerry, no Jackie.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2015 3:30:37 PM

Funny how in all those gunfight scenes you never saw blood but you knew the bad guy bought it. Lol

Lets not forget the innocent 80's...A TEAM! I can't remember 1 episode when anyone bought it!

Every week you saw guys get shot, car crashes, helicopters crash, etc and the bad guys always dragged themselves away from the crash. I found Godzilla 1985 to be more realistic! After all conventional weapons don't work on him.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/16/2015 4:45:37 PM
Lol. Yes the bad guys alway's seemed to come limping out no matter how bad the explosion was.

TV certainly has changed since the 50's and 60's. I remember when Playtex did the first Cross your Heart bra commercial using a mannequin bust. My mom got so upset and yelled at us to shut our eyes! Lol

The first curse word "damn" then hell. My how the times have changed.
 tgif111
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:38:18 PM
from sexy KG

When I was on an 18-hour flight to HK, my co-worker tried his best to get me to watch episodes of the Atlanta and California Housewives...but I just couldn't...way too ratchet/ghetto for my taste...

I agree. the women on these shows really think they are something. theylook low rent to me.

i'd like to get in their face and do a rad beaking on them!
 naysaying_knicktwist
Msg: 101
Today's TV shows totally SUCK
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:29:29 PM
CrookCatcher
I remember when Playtex did the first Cross your Heart bra commercial using a mannequin bust. My mom got so upset and yelled at us to shut our eyes! Lol

Ha - that's hilarious, and adorable. :-) Didn't Ann Miller do those commercials?

Barney Miller was a great show. Remember the episode where Yemana liked the prostitute?

'Rawhide' was the show with Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates. I've seen a few episodes of it; it airs on Saturday mornings in my area.

I have Rockford Files saved in my Netflix queue and I want to someday watch the whole series.

EDIT: Hee - this is for you, CrookCatcher. With a little bonus. :-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=898R19PXkuA

And correcting myself, it was Jane Russell, not Ann Miller, who later did these commercials.
 junipermoon
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Today's TV shows totally SUCK
Posted: 2/18/2015 4:25:00 PM
downton abbey rocks my world. I don't have a tv, so I watch the episodes online. anyone with any gray matter need to watch this show.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >