Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LJane_6
Msg: 138
view profile
History
If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Guys who are catches will walk (unless the gal's way out of his league; then he'll have no problem jumping thru games).

I have to wonder how great of a guy he is then, in terms of what he values, if he is fine going along with the games if the girl is out of his league (by which I assume you mean "hot.") But for a regular girl, if she plays games, she's not worth his time and a b*tch. Total double standard. I guess if I was out of the guy's league (hotter), he would have still chased me then, instead of walking away, even after I tried to fix it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 139
view profile
History
If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30
Posted: 5/16/2016 3:21:38 PM

I have to wonder how great of a guy he is then, in terms of what he values, if he is fine going along with the games if the girl is out of his league

Well, a gal's going to put up a lot more with a George Clooney than with a Pee Wee Herman (and vice versa in genders). Love it or hate it, people will tend to more put up with a mild-level of games that are unfortunately commonly found, at least for a little while when someone's out of their league (and/or they Really Really like them). But yeah, if someone's going to go out on a wild goose chase and degrade themselves to grasp the chance with someone out of their league? Yeah, says a lot about them (in the negative).

(by which I assume you mean "hot.")

Not necessarily, but for an average or an above average Joe? Yeah, that's commonly the case. If he's a hot guy and she's a hot girl objectively speaking, she wouldn't be out of his league. He could still be all about her, though, with enough drive to chase her and make himself look silly. :)

But for a regular girl, if she plays games, she's not worth his time and a b*tch. Total double standard.

Yeah, I agree. I think some people out there think it's OK for a gal to be like that because she's a lady and a man has to prove himself To her... while thinking its rude for the guy to be like that. Playing games on a small scale can be tolerable for a small period of time, if it's clear that both people can see thru it (like harmless 'teasing'). Of course, that can be playing with fire, and IMO, not recommended. When people grow up, they get turned off by seeing hints of it after past experiences of it obviously Not being harmless.
 MohawkMayhemRebel
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/6/2017 4:02:37 AM
It comes from too many guys wishing they were in the mix xD
 100MilesFromMemphis
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2017 3:37:20 PM
More than one is too many!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2017 4:26:52 PM

More than one is too many!

What?? :) More than 1 is too many? So not being a virgin with one you sleep with means you've slept with too many people? :) Geez, are we in high school? :)

A "number" being too high is a function of how many years you've been single as an adult... and if one wants to get really accurate on judgment, how socially active & attractive one is.

EX: Bob's 32, got married early during college to Sally. Divorced at 30. He's been single as an adult for 2 years. He's slept with 12 women: 1 high-school GF, 1 college-gf-turned-wife, and 10 women in the 2 years he's been single.

EX: Sally's 42, never married. She's been single as an adult for 10 years. She's slept with 24 men: 3 live-in boyfriends, 7 other boyfriends since high school, and 14 short-term relationships in the 10 years she's been single.

Who's "naughtier"? Bob, even though he's slept with Half of what Sally has. It's a function of time:

10 people in 24 months = Almost 1 new person every other month; not relationship-angled
14 people in 120 months = 1 new person almost every 9 months; certainly can be relationship-angled

If you think about it -- just take a friend of yours who just got out of a relationship at the end of the year. Say during this year they date someone thru the entire Spring, and yes, slept with them.... but in the end, things didn't work out. And say during the entire Fall they were dating someone, and yes, ended up sleeping with them, but in the end, things didn't work out. Are they a sleaze? I certainly don't think so.

PurpleToffee
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 11:44:25 AM
I'm no mathematician, but barring DIY and non-human contact, in the end it breaks even doesn't it?
 cruel_cucumber
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/26/2017 9:46:32 PM
In my experience, most women will be dishonest about their sexuality at first. They may say 5 or 6 people at first... but if you end up being in a committed relationship, later on down the road when you visit the topic again you will find that the number inflates more and more. Usually it ends up being 20 or more people. If this is something that really matters to you, you need to know the truth about deception. There's a good website on it that can be found with a quick Google search.

Why do they do it? In a nutshell, people try to avoid bad consequences and sometimes resort to deception to do so. Early on when you don't know somebody, it is possible that being straight up honest about something like that would be a deal breaker. That's why I think it's inappropriate to ask somebody explicit questions like that when you hardly even know them. Show them that you are somebody they can trust and be open with, and they will be truthful with you...
 LincsAndy
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2017 11:54:38 AM
I don't expect a woman to interrogate me about my past, so I'm not going to ask about hers. The subject may or may not come up, but... Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged. When did anyone ever call an experienced man a slut? I loathe double standards.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2017 7:21:21 PM
If a man says he has had 30 lovers, you can bet it is probably 10. No one really tells the truth about this sort of thing to another lover. and honestly I would never ask. A man is more expected to sow his seed so to speak and it is different to being a "loose" woman for many reasons.....
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:20:50 PM

I always told the truth when I was asked.

I don't know "my number". It'd be a rough guestimate. But the problem is, when giving a guestimate, they're going to compare it to what they think is the "norm", which is inaccurate, so it puts one in a bind.

Why not? In most cases the truth comes out eventually...

Not for most people, no. Unless you say you've only slept with under 5 people when you slept with seemingly everyone in town, I don't see what would "get out". As long as you don't say it's really low when it's Really high with ties to people bopping around in your area, I don't see how it'd backfire.

I never had to try and remember a "made up number"...

I think most people in their late 20s or early 30s who've been single for enough years won't have an accurate Exact #, so no # to make up.

The only reason for not telling seems to me to be guilt over the numbers or they're afraid the other person will leave once they know the count.

Yeah, a bit of the 1st, but mainly the 2nd. I think the main thing is to just not tell them, but, lie if you have to. It's none of their business on any exact historical #, and much of the time false judgment will be had if it's "too high"... OR "too low" as in Zero, or just 1 or possibly 2 when they're older. That can bring some feeling of guilt in some way to some folks (or too much pride).

I can see "I've had my fair share," if one's had too many. If the gal's grilling the guy about it, she's got some issues. If ya otherwise really like the gal, you can say something like "It's been over many years. I don't keep a journal, sorry. I lost my virginity at [18], and I'm 38 now. About half of those years I was single, and I've had a fair share of slumber parties with gals I wasn't dating, notably in college. How many have I slept with in the past month or so? None. Soo... you want to go back to my place so I can say One? (smile)"
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2017 11:46:14 PM
I at least remember the men I have slept with and knew their names. Not everyone can say the same lol!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 12:12:52 AM

I at least remember the men I have slept with and knew their names. Not everyone can say the same lol!

Yeah, but say you're single most of your life. And when not young, looking back -- really? Why is it "bad" to go "Oh, yeah, you're right [friend], me and so-and-so did hook up that one night back then" (forgetting situation)... let alone forgetting the name of the person as if they wrote their name on a blackboard from those college days? lol
 massguy70
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 2:58:47 PM
There are a lot of things that people aren't honest about. Their "number" tends to be one of them. I have no problem answering if someone asks me. My answer is "I don't know". And I'm serious. The most in one day was 3. That was in my early 20s. If I had to guess I'd say at least 150-200.

I'll admit if a women told me she's been with at least 200 guys, I'd think she's a slut.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If a woman admits to 10 lovers, she's probably had 30