Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bajabenedik
Msg: 26
I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt uglyPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
You have a beautiful face and stunning eyes. Lose the nose ring, it just takes away too much from your natural beauty.
 sayonara7
Msg: 27
I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly
Posted: 5/12/2006 12:44:39 PM
I think they are intimidated by you.I have only been approached by men in a public place and they have no clue about me.Welll that and ofcourse this dating site.Never by someone who was in the same class or in the same high school as me.College doesn't count because I go to a all women's college.Therefore I'm screwed for the next four years of my life.The truth is I am really very quiet and reserved so men tend think I'm a mean b!tch or whatever.Let them think that, I know I'm not like that.Goodluck to you though OP
 kamikazekate
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/12/2006 1:06:35 PM
WELL...you are a distinct type, not for everyone out there, but I'm sure there's some pierced guy out there looking for a gal just like you. You are very young...give it time. I'm quite surprized you are shy, though, after looking at all your photos, I'd have thought you'd be pretty bold and brave.

Not ugly, though. Move to a bigger city: Tornonto, Montreal, Paris, New York, London. Your people are out there waiting for you to come to the party.
 endogoddess
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 1:32:17 PM
BornAUnicorn
Men are intimidated easily by a strong willed woman. You in fact dare to dye your hair peirce your face and be how and who you think you are. If you act shy and closed off then no one will aproach you. No matter what anyone else says here don't change your style to "get someone" if you had to change to get them then you dont want them. You are who you are blue dreads peircings tatts and all.
What I am saying is change your attitude not your style. If you like the black nose ring keep it. But do email a few guys that interest you. Do walk up to some guy and say hey i noticed you wanna get a drink. or whatever. If you act shy it might come off as you're being a **** or un aproachable. Maybe smile more. I found that works for me. I am BBW too and I dont have any full body pics. Whatever my choice its your choice too. Again emphasis on change attitude and not style.
 wiserd
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 2:44:35 PM
It seems like part of your question is 'how do I approach guys.'

I think it's important for a girl to do half of the chasing. A lot of the players are very confident and outgoing. A lot of the shy guys are interesting and faithful. So it's worth being able to nudge the right guy into making the right move.

The key is.... questions. Just be interested, you know? If you think guys are intimidated by you, ask for their help with somthing. A guy will be less intimidated if he feels he's helpful or being asked for help. If "intimidation" is not the problem (I think this excuse is overused by girls anyways), showing interest is still good. Ask for things. Trade things. i.e. Questions require a response. Needs require an interaction. Make a bet or offer a challenge. It's one way to break the ice. Also, make sure to remember things that he's done or said and work them back into the conversation. It creates a sense of history and relationship.
 MeowDude
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:01:32 PM
You are VERY pretty but a guy might think you are too altnernative for them or may have an attitude or free spirited about you...men hate being rejected
 caterinv
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/18/2006 9:15:37 PM
ok lets be real,,you look a little scary..the different hair colors the nose ring and trust me guys arent searching for chick with a few extra pounds. I say get a normal hair color, join a gym, lose the weird rings ..you have a beautiful face..just need a good frame to show it off ass..just being honest
 Spanish Joe
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/30/2006 1:28:22 PM
Don't worry about looks,
one man's ugly is another man's beauty.

you just haven't met a guy who appreciates you.

As for being shy, so what, take a course in public speaking....

Or try the simple approach, walk by and trip into a guy's arms....

From what I saw of your pic, you don't have to worry about looks....
 valerieluvsme
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:12:32 PM
I think you look great. You just need to find the right guy to appreciate your beauty.
 kimmie38
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:19:42 PM
I wonder the same thing about myself everyday!I don't attract many men either,just the users n losers.I've been pushed aside by many men for prettier women.That's why I don't go out anymore.
 kimmie38
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:21:50 PM
No,u r not ugly,but if ufeel that way about urself than others can pick up on that.Be a little outgoing,that might help.
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:28:09 PM
You are certainly not ugly ..... quite lovely realy...... the look of individuality comes across quite strongly. Just go out and expect nothing.....ever.....but talk to people, enjoy yourself doing so, don't try to impress anyone at all, just be interesting and enjoyable. Live like there is no tomorrow and be nice to everyone. You will attract more than you can handle and love every moment of it. You don't have to change for anyone,,,,,,, just be yourself and have fun. They will be mezmerised and approach.
Have fun!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:50:05 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ ..... amen!!

Be yourself unicorn - and btw, good name choice too. When I was 19, I moved to the city and went to art college, and I found myself in a group of people who understood me, which was far from what I found at high school. Just be yourself, and be proud of who you are.

and thank molonel for saying it like it is ...
 2findU
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 3:53:29 PM
Its not that your ugly, you're just freaky looking. Get rid of the freaky way you dress, the blue hair and the metal sticking into your body. Tatoos don't help either.
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 4:17:07 PM
Looks are totally subjective. What I like, you might hate, and visa versa. Obviously, the OP doesn't fall into the boring, conservative norm. She is creative, and beautiful. She actually is like her name, unique. That is not a bad thing. She also seems sensitive and caring, but she is also bold and strong enough to be who SHE is, and surely, someone will pick up on that.
 blondago56
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 6:37:36 PM
*sigh* be nice , guys pleeez.... Hi Unicorn ! ok, sweatie,...i think you are adorable,...and i wish my son could meet you...but the nose ring, hmmm... it kinda looks like boogies,,,eeww..Both my children have oodles of body art and a couple piercings,(and they are 'good people' and treat others well, )...and i can tell by reading yourpost/profile that you are a young Lady of substance and quite bright,..(i used to be young & cute,too,lol...) anyway, one thing at a time & dont rush things,..you have lots to offer in life, that is , of your mind & heart,..someone worthy of you/your time will be there one day...
Hugs to all...
 blondago56
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 6:44:00 PM
hi 'newand...' ^^^Me?!? hugs ..
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:58:21 AM
/\/\/\/\ ...

this just keeps getting better!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Be yourself, and don't gave a rats @$$ what others say.

We're just a bunch of old people with our own opinions. You know you best, and eventually some young guy is going to know the best of you. You may have to approach him, you may not, but don't let a bunch of old farts tell you how best to express yourself. You'll have to figure that out through trial and error, but I'm sure you'll get it. You're young and hopefully have a lot of time to figure out what's important to you. Don't sell yourself short. Live and see what life brings.

Meanwhile, watch the show! You've created a dynamic thread! Cudos to you! Got any popcorn?
 ohioking69
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:11:38 AM
hey dont get down on yourself ....i see a very hot fine looking woman ....you have a unique look which i think is great id approach you ...lol i bet you would turn me down haha i wish u lived closer all we have is the same ol lookin barbie chicks
 867love
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:13:14 AM
to quote an old al stewart song -again...
"you were staring out into the distance,
not seeming to hear what i said,
why did you put up such resistance
-like all the lights were red"

ps: i like the pink hair, but would be afraid to kiss any girl with fish hooks in her lips.
 sparticuss
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/10/2006 3:28:44 AM
Do you want honest advice or do you just want a lot of guys telling you that you are beautiful.

Guys want in order

Girls who like them (love)
Girls who like guys
Girls who like sex.

Looks do matter bu they are a long way back. You have to be butt ugly, literally, as ugly as a dogs butt for looks to put the guys off. You certainly arent.

Guys like girls who like them. Guys hate girls who don't like them. If you show any dislike for guys, even unintentionally, it will put the guys off. Right off!
If you and the girlfriends EVER vent on about what baastards all men are then thats displaying hatred of guys. And this is something that most girls do. Stupid stupid stupid.

Forget your face. It's not important. It's whats behind your face, your brain and your attitude thats important.
 JDamien
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/10/2006 3:33:58 AM
Honestly this post is a Bit late but I can offer you a couple of reasons for this situation, you Might possibly be intimidating but not for the reason you think.

Alot of guys (Myself Included here) Find it very hard or almost impossible to Approach a Beautiful Woman and Sufficed to say you DO Qualify as Beautiful dont ever let anyone tell you differently, Most guys though Just seem to assume that if they Approach a beautiful woman
A: She is either going to shoot them down or simple Snub them.

B: They havent Got anything to say she probably hasnt heard a million times before.

C: They simply Cant think up something to say to her that they Believe will make a good impression or they simply cant see why Someone like you would be interested in the Average Guy.

Now before you say it I know these are mostly False Ideas and your probably very easy to talk to, But that doesnt always register and the fear of Rejection is a very strong one for the average decent guy and its difficult to convince yorself that someone who looks like you do Wont just reject them out of hand.

I hope this helps in some way sape or form...if you ever even read it that is lol this is probably a fairly old Posting and there looks to be about 3 million pages of responses.

I do hope you get the information your looking for and I hope that in some small way if you do happen to read this it helps you.

Please in no way think your ugly though thats as far from the truth as you can get and still be on the same Planet ;)

I hope this finds you well and with a smile on your face.

James
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/10/2006 12:32:16 PM
op.. interesting how you call yourself buttugly yet pose in your pictures which i KNOW deep down inside you know you are pretty in a very unique way.Sexy even.

You just needed to hear that you are pretty to get a bit of self esteem boost? Well, you got pages of it!!

Something tells me theres a connection between your crying for verification of how pretty you are , you not getting guys to approach you and your shyness.

Bring up that feeling of of how sexy and pretty you are when you are posing for those pics and take it to the guys.

Simple as that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly