Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 morbinson
Msg: 56
I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt uglyPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
You have natural beauty (top 10%), even behind your bling, and there's nothing wrong with approaching a guy, as long as he makes you feel comfortable.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 57
I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly
Posted: 1/5/2008 2:55:23 PM
I know this is off topic...I'm known for that...sorry...but nona can you wear your nose ring to your work place?
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:09:09 PM
thank you for you honest and great reply, you are a gal with her head on her shoulders and respectful.
 naeco
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:15:29 PM

This thread started so long ago that the OP is probably married by now and forgot all about this if she's even still here...it's been almost two years.

She's not only still here, but the last time she logged on was today at around 4 pm.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:19:02 PM
..It's all about your first impression..you're a beautiful girl covered in ugly attempts to garner attention. Or ..you just like nose piercings and dreads..and everyone else in the world has no taste. It sort of boggles my mind, when someone chooses to look different...that they can't figure out why people shy away from them...You make the choices....if the consequences of them are disagreeable...then it's up to you to make a change..
 kayfay
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/5/2008 4:09:53 PM
I think you are absolutely beautiful. Could be the nose piercing, but if that's part of who you are and you like it, don't change a thing.

Again, you are beautiful.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:08:01 PM
Well,.. your DEFINATELY NOT butt-ugly It MAY be that "Funky fresh" thing.. maybe they thing you smell bad or something Even the nose ring looks ok..(you do keep it clean, right?) Perhaps they're intimidated by piercings... You DO got that "tough" look in a soft kinda way. Anyway, your not butt ugly..so I'm going for intimidating.
 soleil2020
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:26:14 PM
Nah..you are gorgeous! Some guys just probably aren't attracted because of the nose ring. They probably read you wrong because of it. They make assumptions about you etc.etc..

That is NOT to suggest that you should change it if that is what you like, though.

If you really want to keep the nose ring, sooner or later, you will meet someone who is not intimidated by it.

And right..like someone said earlier..you are quite young yet. You have lots of time.

Get out there and live, and laugh..and maybe..just maybe ,you will find ...love? ...sorry..yeah..that was hokey..but it just flowed out...sorry about that..

I'm not normally the sappy sort.

Soleil
 magnusfl
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:43:33 PM
your not at all ugly it may be because you to lovely as that intimadates to many nice guys however the nose ring many be turning off some
 ZombieFood
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:16:31 PM
Nose ring doesn't scare me a bit..

My advice, approach guys instead, and have fun with it. Why so many people are obsessed with people not approaching them is beyond me, there are probably billions of reasons for why no one has approached you.

Perhaps the better question to ask is, For what reasons have you not approached someone you liked? see that list.. yup, its universal.

If you do approach people you like.. then keep it up.

Just imagine what would happen to a tree if it didn't push its roots down and look for water.. it would likely die before anything decent ever came to it !!
 hapeenurse
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:17:17 PM
ummm the OP posted this thread in 2005 , I'm guessing she's found someone worthy by now....

misszmsz
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:03:55 PM
So when you are out and about and see a guy that you might like to talk to, just do so. Begin the conversation with something you like about them, a compliment goes a long way and it is quite effective as an ice breaker.

"I like your pants." Then go on to compliment the way they fit their backside.

"I like your dreads." Wait a second and ask, "Can I touch them? What made you decide to grow them? How did you do it?"

"Cool eyeglasses." Wait for a thanks. Then say, "Can I see how blind you are? I'll let you see how blind I am, try mine on."

"NIce hair color." Wait for an acknowledgement. Then say," I love it when a guy has huevos and will dye his hair blue."
 Typhoon 12
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/22/2009 12:33:04 AM
We are not to comment on your Beauty, however Unicorns normally have one Horn protruding from their forhead...

I see NO HORN in any of your photo's, then again perhaps it is to be found elswhere, perhaps it is within your personality...

Here on The POF FORUMS, Looks really don't matter, on the Forums it is your mind that show's most clearly, your Humor, your wit and you heart...

I persay no onger look, I wasted many years on here, Now I just live my life and I have much better luck in reality...

The world is in sorry shape, but I prefer to LIVE in reality, then to hide within the fantasy of The Internet...
 CharliBean
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/11/2009 12:31:52 PM

you are beautiful, but...you are taking away from your beauty with that nose ring, actually it is very unhealthy to have one there, also ditch the one under you lip, dye your hair a soft color, lose the locks, as they tend to smell after awhile, change your glasses to a gold or silver wire, as you are very soft, feminine looking young girl. which is good, try that, then take new pics. you'll see the difference in no time.
good luck

wow..... so basically you're telling the girl to change everything about herself, to no longer be a personal reflection of her own interests? Take out all the piercings, lose the dreads, die your hair, take new, less exciting pictures, create a dull, very average profile so you can appear to be the exact same as 90% of the population, because I'm sure a girl as unique and open-minded as you really wants some number crunching, tie wearing, nine-to-five kid of guy, right? The biggest part of finding success while dating is to be honest and be YOURSELF. If she walks in there a completely different person and finds a man, it will be short lived, I nearly guarantee it.

don't worry hunny, you're very beautiful. It is possible there is an intimidation factor. You seem to be relatively sure of yourself, and your profile is not the run-of-the-mill "if you want to know more, message me" crap.

Don't worry bella. He's out there. The thing to remember is not to wait around. He always comes exactly when you're no longer waiting.
 kpooks
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 10:15:54 AM
You're not ugly--visions of Christina Aguelera and Cindy Lauper come to mind. There's something cute about the nerdy, schoolgirl type-! Maybe strike up a convo with a nerdy guy-!
 stealth122148
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/17/2009 3:51:31 PM
Unicorn,

You do not have to change a thing. I ( myself ) would ditch the nose ring but other than that if you change, then you are not yourself.

I do not think they think you are ugly or look crazy. They just don't know you.

You are only 22. Time is still on your side. Oh to be 22 again and know what i know now.

I have said this before " Love comes softly and when you least expect it "

There is someone for you. Don't mess it up by rushing or changing anything.
Some one will love you for who you are, not what you want them to see.

Good luck kiddo
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/20/2009 7:15:47 AM
I would have to say it's probably intimidation..., that look doesn't appeal to very many except who participates in that style.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/2/2009 10:07:28 AM
Well your not ugly, but what are you hiding from? It looks like your trying to cover up and distract our attention. The piercings aren't working for you. They detract from those classic, full lips. Maybe a different style of frame for your glasses. You have beatiful eyes, let your frames high light them not hide them. Nothing wrong with dreds, but again they draw the attention away. Same with the hat.
There's nothing wrong with having a unique sense of style, just don't let it hide your substance.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:42:32 PM
Sidewinder, I did not notice the date, thanks. Upon checking, I see that her thread has been resurected several times since she originaly posted. Also took a closer look at her profile. Based on the replies she got and what her profile says, she has never updated or chnged any info or photos, nor has she been active in the forums since 2005.
It would be nice to get an update from her, but I don't believe she comes on anymore.
Anybody want to try to message her for an update and see if she responds? I can't because of her mail settings.
I wonder if she even knows that her thread lives on.
Here's a crazy idea for the site; Threads or profiles that lay dorment for more than 6months, GONE.
 Ender330
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 12:05:02 PM
Yea she is still using POF but just not in the forums. I wanted to get an update from her also but I am restricted because of my age....
 GQSunset
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:57:02 PM
Go for guys who have the same interests you do, who share the same values on fashion, personal appearance, ethics etc that you have for yourself and you will have tons of dates. ie: jocks with cheerleaders, nerds with nerds, dorks with dorks, gamers with gamers, cliche but it works.
 buckmaker
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:01:57 PM
If it quacks like a duck, waddles like one and has webbed feet, you know the rest.
Men are only intimidated by really hot women. Odly enough, many of them go for the only guys who approach them which may well be sociopaths who have no shame.
Lose the glasses, get a makeover and maybe some plastic surgery.
Everybody's doing it. The last girl I was with started out pretty
and got better with each procedure. This crap about all
natural is great for food but I prefer my babes
as pretty as they can be, and perky is best.
 michaeld70
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:46:38 PM
You arent ugly but have to accept the fact that the image you portray will limit the number of people that are interested in you. Not everyone is into locks, piercings, tats, etc. so those who arent leaves only the few who are interested and again, of those who are, a certain percentage are unavailable, leaving you with even fewer who may approach you. I dont think this makes sense, but I kinda understand what I tried to write.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/12/2009 10:38:00 PM
Will you people please let this thread die!!!!! It's 4yrs old and the OP hasn't been on the site since then either!!!
 michaeld70
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 10:46:48 PM
lol, didnt notice that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm not sure if I intimidate guys, or if I am just butt ugly