Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 55
A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From MenPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
its more fun ripping them a new ahole then blocking them...getting the last word in...
 apotropaist
Msg: 59
A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From Men
Posted: 7/30/2007 11:09:10 AM

So I told him thanks for his time (and blocked him) and posted his letter as an example of what NOT to send on a first message.

Another thing you could do is respond by saying, "What a timely email! I'm hard at work on a book about losers on the Internet who write stupid letters to women, begging for attention by making crude advances towards them. It looks like yours might end up on the cover of the book. Thanks, and keep sending it. The more material, the better my book will be."

I'd be surprised if you ever heard from them again after that.
 randomstoic
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:46:40 PM
Create the "sexually explicit e-mails from ambitious gorillas" thread. Now all the women know to whom to send dramatically large foliage. Better yet. Rate them and have an Olympics....
 KitNbootz
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:46:59 PM
The best way to deal with emails like that is: "Block & Delete".

These guys know they are being complete pigs and are looking to get any type of reaction out of you so you'll email them. They know they wouldn't want their sister being subjected to emails like that but they do it anyway. They are scumbags and hypocrites to boot so why waste any of your precious time reply to them?

Spend your time replying to the good guys. Not the complete morons.

Happy fishing.
 MB58SC
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 5:09:55 PM
I don't usually receive "nasty" e-mail. I've received some psycho letters, but I just ignore them.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/30/2007 7:18:14 PM

oh then... right after I send it.. I can block em ..
lol

Just save their message to a .txt file, block them, and THEN email your thoughts.

Yes, you can email people you've blocked, as long as they haven't yet blocked you.

.. or you can quote their message body, so you still will have the record of it in the 'they made first contact' message history even after blocking and making their emails disappear.
 Always smile!
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/31/2007 8:14:19 AM
Funny that it is a two way street. Most of my friends are women, and they show me that grotesque stuff. I would never do that on camera, unless it was private and for a girlfriend.

The problems guys have is that 95% of the mails we get are from some "chick" (could be a guy or gal in real life) asking you to see their "private pics" on this or that paysite.

The lesson is just to watch for online predators, and report them as spam or prohibited.
 oldsoul
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/31/2007 10:37:28 AM
Hi OP,

I don't get many nasty emails ....I mean the real nasty ones like some have described......but I do get my share of the young guys asking me to help them fulfill their older woman's fantasy....haha!!!....but believe it or not, even most of those messages were decent enough and some were downright funny....and depending on the mood I'm in and if I have time, I might just send them a humerous reply back along with my thanks but no thanks line....haha!!

But I have received very nasty hate mail because of my personal religious beliefs which are stated on my profile....and I've even had to block a few who continued to persist in saving my soul from burning in hell!!....

Love and peace...
Old..

ps: And for whatever it's worth, I couldn't sign off before I added that I, like many people on here, happen to like Irreverent Lass's profile......I'm just sayin'...
 This Journey
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/31/2007 11:08:06 AM
any nasty outburst whether vocally or in print demonstrates ones inability to be respectful of the wishes or of opinions of others. If one encounters any who has difficulties handling with consideration and respect ...may it be a rejection, a suggestion or an unfavourable advice given.
May I ask ...what value is there to you in continuing to induldge in ...degrading correspondences?
 cindyloo_2
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 1:03:10 PM
I block them and don't even think another thought about them.
 flowerforce
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/31/2007 5:36:59 PM
I think they are a form of cyber flashing. They are intended to shock and disturb just like flashers in real life. It is not sexual it is a power issue. Most flashers have difficulty with
" normal sexual relationships" they get their rocks off by shocking women. The best thing is to delete the message. They will get a woody if you respond in any way.
 whatagirlwants07
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/31/2007 5:40:55 PM
Best thing to do is BLOCK....problem solved...not like you'd want to talk to them again or anything.
 pepprmynt
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/2/2007 6:47:43 AM
it didnt have anything to do with me?? then how come my name was in it?
if you are embarassed by a woman who is honest, then i feel sorry for you. i dont belittle or berate, i do laugh a lot at things and notions i find rather silly.
conformity for the sake of it is for ppl who lack original thought. maybe i am the different one that takes all parts of the profile into account,, not just the pic. please tell me whats wrong with making conclusions based on all the evidence rather than drawing conclusions based on only a picture? "dont judge a book by its cover"
while your juding that a woman in a nighty is posting it cuz she likes to have sex ( as if there was something wrong with enjoying it) ask yourself this,, how come you didnt think something like "wow, she must be fairly self assured to post that" ? HOW COME YOU DRAW NEGATIVE CONCLUSIONS?
if anyone is belittling, its you. you are judging me based on little or no evidence and your own agendas about sexuality.
 italiaheartwild
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 8:17:39 AM
LMAO........one word BLOCK.......simple as that!......to each his own opinion on this thread....I agree with the pic theory TOTALLY.......you put a pic up of what you want to portray to others.........a nightie is naughtiness waiting to happen....a swimsuit is a swimmer unless it is very provocative......a nice pic of you in regular clothing is more REALISTIC...........one of you and MANY others of the opposite sex portrays to others that you may be a player...one of you and YOUR EX is a total turn off.......why would someone post one like that?...but I have seen it several times on this site.
Emails that are threatening by any nature to you ..should be reported than blocked...I have done this already...one in particular guy kept coming back with new profiles...and I would just keep reporting the emails and block them...he finally gave up!............wouldnt you give up the first time someone blocked you or had your profile deleted by the website?......use your instincts ...if its nasty....report and block...simple procedure....why instigate further with email replies from you and going back and forth?...it only shows that you yourself playing their game turns them on........so why play it?.....................THIS IS MY OPINION AND I AM STICKING TO IT!................ HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
 Ollivia
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/2/2007 5:36:37 PM
I like that idea thanks
 matchlight
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:25:35 AM
^^^^^I've heard of tea so strong a spoon would stand up in it, but I always thought it was just a figure of speech!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:51:22 AM

told me to f**k off because i didnt reply to his email ! As I was busy eating my tea and washing the pots !!! Beware off him

^^^^^I've heard of tea so strong a spoon would stand up in it, but I always thought it was just a figure of speech!

I believe there was supposed to be a crumpet involved in here somewhere.
 That_girl*
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/27/2012 1:38:59 PM
just looked him up

you mean mr Well, I am light hearted and positive, very romantic and passionate at heart, easy-going, and non-judgemental with a strong belief in human morals and values. I don't pretend to be someone I am not as I feel very much comfortable and good being me-- no claims to perfection, off course.

told you to fuk off..ahhh an it's always the self proclaimed nice guys
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/28/2012 12:04:37 PM
Know it was not a pleasant experience, but be careful of naming names here, it will get you blocked by POF and maybe even deleted.

I have to agree with the Brian Thorn who wrote in 2007 about the forum being resurrected after two years -- meaning 2005-- that all anyone needs to do is to delete and block!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2012 4:52:41 PM
A good question and fair resolving of the problem though has its failures sadly.
While may help its better advice then ignoring,yes other men will twist your idea into more xesual talk.Or give attitude,fight,belittle you even their own kin,or not care just indifference like you never said anything.Disturbing.
I really like your way and I too have done the same more or less but not to every crude note depending on my temper etc lol but really telling them if they had any female kin or friends who have been treated as so why should he cont.the path and informing him that if he did it to them whats the difference.
Unfortunately either they forget or just play along and afterwards go back to their path again.
But accepting their choices is not healthy and we should not have to let them/it go on without consequences.So telling them the harm they are doing and such is good though if it does change soon who knows.I hope things and ppl will be better for the better.
and the same for women who also choose this as men do it women, women do it to them.for whatever reason.but even if meant as a lesson well can backfire.

After Writing I Block.And Report.Or Nothing.it varies.
Sending viruses to them can land you in trouble too,for if they are hackers an etc they will do worse.

and to think we use to write letters mostly in kind.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/28/2012 5:29:14 PM
Ignoring is prob the best bet, some guy wrote me b4 the holidays & when I did not swoon, he wroteme a nasty letter & blocked me. I bet he is still on this site, writing nasty letters & blocking...soon he will be out of women to write-N-block
 J_D_Huldufolk
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 6:52:54 AM
I hate when that happens! Blocked again! No worries. While I am persistent and I'm not a stalker so won't contact you again. Just wanted to let you know my interest in you was sincere. Good luck to you!
 daynadaze
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 9:46:14 AM
Why are you posting this across the boards?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2019 11:38:31 AM
^^^
Why are you posting this across the boards?

Seems kind of 'stalkerish' doesn't it?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 9:25:03 AM
some people just haaaaaave to get in that last word. at least he kept the "butt that tells it all" out of his explanation, as in:

I ain't no stalker....but...

or the classic sentence:

no offense....but...

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >