Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 580
Mitt RomneyPage 27 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

might still imagine that comrade Barack Hussein Obama is looking out for the interests of the United States.

Man, you are certifiably insane! there is no other reasonable explanation for your twisted remarks!!!

What interests did Gwb look out for??

he vowed to go after al-qaeda in afghanistan, and dropped the ball. He could have had OBL in tora bora but felt it was more important to invade Iraq (where there was no AlQaeda, but there is now!), because Saddam(our resident thug) "tried to KILL his daaaaddy" And as a result, 1000's of Us service men lost their lives NEEDLESLY, not to mention all the ones seriously injured. He called Iran & N. Korea the AXIS OF EVIL, and now both are well en-route to becoming well nuclearized!!! Is this how he "LOOKED OUT" for our interests?

When Gwb came into office the Dow Jones was well over 10,000; when he left, it was barely over 7000! I LOST over 35% of what I had put away in my retirement fund while he and his ilk made money for free. Thankfully, I can say that I barely got most of it back between 2009 and now! So I'm supposed to vote against a man, who help me and 1000's of working pple like me recoup my loses??? If so, then you are twisted well beyond help that could be afforded to you by the medical profession!

Now the dowJones is around 13 K; and according to you; I'm supposed to believe that Obama isn't safeguarding our best interests! And according to you, I'm supposed to vote for somebody whose party has a track record of impoverishing working folks like me, because doing so is for my best "interest" ???

Man, get a grip on reality!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 582
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/1/2012 7:26:23 PM
At OyVay

I love your posts! Keep up the good work! Its nice to see that there are a few of us here who have clarity of vision and are wise enough not to have gotten suckered in by these miserable GOP miscreants!

Perhaps going forward since this version of the republicant party seems destined to stay...we need an award ceremony! We could call it "The Tricky D1cks", in honor of that great republican and expert at break-ins!

We could have categories and nominees!

Best Liar!
Best Sneak!
Best Vote suppressor!
Best LYING commercial!

You forgot one; let me add
Best hater!
To which I would easily give that award to Mitch McConnell.
 Aries_328
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 12:05:33 PM

Well as we draw down to the last 96 hours, the evil powers that be and the mittster are putting the finishing touches on their hopeful 'game saver'!

Can't wait for this to be done with. Pretty bad how much spending on ads has been done on this. One thing I will say is that fortunately, living in CA we have been pretty much spared the majority of the presidential ads. It's a waste of money here since the idiots already run the show. Maybe if we are lucky we can kick out some of the losers dragging the state down by trying to steal as much as they can for the unions.

Why does Obama have to have Bill Clinton build his reputation for him? Oh, because he is an empty suit.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 3:01:05 PM
I have a few fears as Tuesday approaches:

1. When campaign spending stops, unemployment will increase.

2. If Romney loses, and the GOP stays as they are predicted to, in the same place congressionaly, then they have shown that they will actively work to sabotage the nations' economy for the sake of political gain for themselves. Last year, they purposely caused our international credit rating to fall.

3. If Romney wins, I wont know what to be afraid of, because as I said before, he's worked so hard to promise everything to everyone, I don;t know what he'll try to do. but I will certainly fear a return to having a President who offends allies and neutral nations alike, with careless talk and crude posturing, as he did on his (thankfully brief) foreign tour earlier this year.

Oh, and Obama uses Clinton's help, because he can, because Clinton is a better speaker, and because Clinton wants to help. It is nonsense to claim it is because "Obama is an empty suit." Following that logic, if ANYONE speaks on ANYONE'S behalf, it proves that the one being spoken on behalf of, is a wimp. B.S.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 586
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 4:25:05 PM
^^^^^^
"Why does Obama have to have Bill Clinton build his reputation for him?"

Maybe, to show how truly committed Obama is in the "War against Women?"
Presidents who have been accused of rape , multiple counts of
sexual harassment, not to mention impeachment, are rare, but Clinton fits the bill.
 Aries_328
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 4:38:13 PM
Following that logic, if ANYONE speaks on ANYONE'S behalf, it proves that the one being spoken on behalf of, is a wimp. B.S

You see, you do understand me :) Clinton is a better speaker. Obama probably can't do it without him. If Jimmy Carter had someone else speaking for him maybe he would have done better... Obama's reputation exceeded his ability. He did great against McCain because McCain was even less charismatic and this built Obama's caricature up pretty high with the help for the media.

I don't want a president based on charisma. They want too much 'change'. Having charisma does not mean having better ideas. What it can do though is to help bridge a gulf between sides and get progress moving again.

That said... Obama's charisma seems to be based in divisive actions and divisive speech and he can't win with that so he needs Bill Clinton to rescue him and speak to both sides of the fence because Obama, so far, doesn't seem capable.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:20:11 PM
I'm with you in disliking divisive actions and divisive speech, Aries, but again, if you reject that with any consistency at all, you have to turn away the entire GOP, and most of the Democrats, and everyone who even THOUGHT about joining the Tea Party.

Obviously, one could point to the infamous Romney 47% gaff, among many others. The entire Republican Party has built their power on pitting one set of Americans against another, since at least 1978.

So who's left for you to support?

By the way, I think Obama won his first term because he has a deep melodic voice(that got him past Hillary), and because the GOP with Bush and Cheney did such a thorough job of running the country off a cliff. Not because of strong speech making skills, or because others directly spoke on his behalf. And Carter lost his second term for the same sort of reason, because the economy was struggling, and because things went badly in the Middle East, and because Reagan's acting skills made him a better speaker.
 Aries_328
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:45:03 PM
I'm with you in disliking divisive actions and divisive speech, Aries, but again, if you reject that with any consistency at all, you have to turn away the entire GOP, and most of the Democrats, and everyone who even THOUGHT about joining the Tea Party.

Kind of sucks doesn't it. I would be libertarian if they weren't so far to the side of nationalism and thinking that we should just pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. They are too far.

The tea party was awesome in the beginning until it was hijacked by the fake religious. I say fake religious because they are making it up on the spot and have virtually no real foundation for their claims and basically they lump every version of Christianity under one umbrella, and that is basically totally untrue, and then make up dogma to support current world issues and that comes of as rather delusional.

I do believe that rich people are the ones that create jobs and right now the upper middle class is being excluded from getting there as well as the lower middle class is prevented from becoming upper middle class and its all due to taxes and regulations. The lower part of society will come up if we grow the base a bit and that does mean putting the environmental future 100+ years in the future on hold for a bit while things get sorted out.

I do think Islam is much much much worse then anyone wants to believe and if we do not help other countries fight against the idologies of Islamist the entire world could end up in a war. This obviously depends on who China and Russia side with.

Strangely enough... I do not think we should be drilling our own oil to the extent both parties want. I think that is a horrible idea. The foreign oil dependence actually kept our natural resources here intact. We may have supported governments we didn't entirely like but it keeps economies moving and that builds a more peaceful world. When the time comes that those becoming rich from oil are oppressing their people and their people see that others in the world seem to have it better then that would possibly lead to the people changing their government and we should have been there to support the move. Another thing this does... in 100 years when resources start to become scarce and their oil is drying up. We still have ours and instant power shift. If we deplete our own resources the shift will go the other way in a much worse fashion... especially if they fall under total Islamic rule. One thing Islamic countries can do that we can not... wait.

Doesn't anyone in government play chess?

So, the short part is that that I do not trust governments. I do not trust politicians. I do not think they have any clue what to do with the power they actually have and like celebrates it all goes to their heads and we end up with crotch shots as they get out of their limousines. It's human nature and what happens with power and we can't seem to culturally remember that.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 591
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/4/2012 7:50:29 PM
Sounds as though we are of similar minds on a number of issues, even when we disagree on details.

I agree that investors (i.e. rich folks) are needed to start businesses and help them grow, but I think the current folks (especially the extremists in the GOP and Tea) completely ignore that a business that produces goods and/or services, has to have customers. And if the way they arrange to let the rich invest in business is to reduce wages, eliminate benefits and medical coverage and so forth (the current GOP plan is centered entirely on killing domestic spending, and eliminating all resistance to reducing worker pay and rights), then the ability of the populace to BUY those goods and services will not be there.

It's not about declaring that the rich are more right, or the poor are more deserving, or the middle class is harder working. It's a matter of genuinely realizing that killing the one to feed the other means that both will die. The GOP doesn't seem to get that, hence they insist that protecting reduced taxes on the wealthy by depressing the middle and lower classes more, will fix everything. And they pretend that returning to the way things were just twenty years ago, when the rich were doing just fine, thank you, is the same thing as stripping them of all their possessions altogether.

And I am concerned about the push to open the gates across the nation to any and all drilling, mining, whatever. As you suggest, it shows that they only care about short term profits and temporary increases in employment, but at the expense of losing any "buffer" we might have should times really get hard.

The recent to-do about the Canadian pipeline to be run from them, to Louisiana, is a good illustration. On the right, the GOP insists that it's a wonderful idea, job creating, and growth producing, and that only tree-hugger liberals stand in the way. But I have relatives of all ages living on that region, and they are NOT in favor of it at all, and they don;t give a crap about trees (there aren't that many of them IN that region anyway). What they do very much care about, is that the shale oil companies want to push a huge pipeline through the huge and ONLY aquifer which they depend upon to grow the crops that feed the nation. The oil industry has repeatedly proven that they can NOT make such a thing safe, and that they can not be trusted to put reliability ahead of profits (see both the gulf spill, and the various large burst pipelines in Alaska and elsewhere).

All that risk, for a FEW MONTHS of construction jobs, which will then vanish into the prairie dust, leaving them with nothing but an ugly, potentially disastrously leaky pipe through their delicate farmlands, with all the profits going to Canada and the southern refineries.

It's hard to tell about the Islamists. One thing that I remember from the Viet Nam mess, was that the American government, and the Right in particular, insisted that if VietNam went communist, that they would then rapidly over run the entire continent of Asia. Well, I studied it at the time, and I saw that another way to describe the war in Viet Nam, was that the VietNamese had been under foreign control of one sort or another for hundreds of years (China, then France, and then the U.S.), and under Ho Chi Min, they were trying to gain independence.

Sure enough, the Communists won. And did the rest of Asia follow? Did the Vietnamese overrun Thailand, India, and so forth? Nope. They rebuilt their country.

In the Middle East, it's hard to be sure, but it is clear that a LOT of the hostility against the US and other nations, stems from the fact that that region has not been allowed to determine it's own destiny for hundreds of years either. The reasons given by the peoples there for wanting us out, is not just religious differences, it is because we are NOT MIDDLE EASTERNERS.

So, will the Islamists attack us if we do more leaving them to run their own areas, as they wish? I don't know, but I think there;s good reason to suspect that once they no longer see foreign speaking peoples running around their countryside, that they will lose a lot of the energy they have now, based on "pushing the infidels out."
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 592
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/5/2012 6:51:23 AM
^^^^^^
"One thing that I remember from the Viet Nam mess, was that the American government, and the Right in particular, insisted that if VietNam went communist, that they would then rapidly over run the entire continent of Asia. Well, I studied it at the time, and I saw that another way to describe the war in Viet Nam, was that the VietNamese had been under foreign control of one sort or another for hundreds of years (China, then France, and then the U.S.), and under Ho Chi Min, they were trying to gain independence.

Sure enough, the Communists won. And did the rest of Asia follow? Did the Vietnamese overrun Thailand, India, and so forth? Nope. They rebuilt their country."

Igor, many of our forum historians lack a sense of history itself, and when it comes to decisions of war, we have to use a broader time frame
to see the forest and the trees. Wars do change things, but it takes years, maybe decades for the effects to be seen.
You talk about VietNam , but don't mention Cambodia. They got decimated, and now their territory is being encroached upon by Viet Nam !!
And how about Korea? Did you forget them too? Did we have anything to do with their success? I would think so.
The west was right to fear Communism in Asia. What stopped (or slowed) Communism was it's inherent failure as an economy, and now that the USSR
buckled, and China has grown from Capitalism, it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 595
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:02:08 PM
Oy,,, this one's for you:
Juanita Broaddrick is an American former nursing home administrator from Arkansas. She alleged in 1998 that United States President Bill Clinton had raped her two decades earlier. Clinton's attorney denied the allegations on his client's behalf.
(from wikipedia)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 597
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 5:05:22 AM
Even now you can only tear Romney

Thing is I don't know where Mr Romney stands on any issue...if one were to look at his stances on abortion, gun control, foreign relations...over the course of the past year one would see two different ppl...and these are not the only issues Mr Romney has flipflopped on...FEMA and the list goes on.

And then, after the last debate Mr Romney, stopped giving interviews...virtually the only words out of his mouth have been scripted for his speaches...is he that out of control he had to go into mittness protection.

It's going to be a long day wondering which way this country will be headed over the next 4 years. Will the financial disparity between the .01% increase over the middle class? Will Congress continue in gridlock held hostage by the TeaParty and Grover Nordquist?
 Aries_328
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 8:24:04 AM

Why do some American NOT KNOW their OWN history. ..

Did any country capture Washington DC while he is the president?

Canadian teaching an American about their OWN history.

This is all entirely on purpose. It is the re-education of America purposely designed to not feel any sense of national pride, support, nor reverence. Feeling pride for your nation makes you arrogant and maybe even feeling superior to others which may hurt their feelings. It just isn't fair to others to have pride and a real knowledge of history may lead to that.

That was a crazy event. We had lost if it wasn't for a little storm.
 matchlight
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 2:26:06 PM

Why do some American NOT KNOW their OWN history. ..

Beats hell out of me. Why? And I have another question for you. Does the fact you didn't cite any author for the first part of your post about the War of 1812 mean you are taking credit for it?

Did any country capture Washington DC while he is the president?

Who does "he" refer to? I can't tell, because you confused past with present by pairing "did" with "is" in the same sentence.

Canadian teaching an American about their OWN history.

You are teaching us something--but it's about you, not about American history.
 cotter
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 8:41:20 PM
^^^^^^

I just heard though that the Romney campaign is not conceding OHIO.
 Aries_328
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 8:42:53 PM
Guess not so much huh?...your mittness! hahahahahahaha!!!!

Well, now that it's open season for government theft... Say good bye to the economy.

Can someone explain how California can vote against all tax increases, vote for the death penalty, vote against gay marriage and have a 12 year democrat rule in congress and senate and fly right on with Obama... it makes no sense.

cotter
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/6/2012 9:05:15 PM

I just heard though that the Romney campaign is not conceding OHIO.

WOW ....... POOR LOSER ....

Even if we give them Ohio, we will still take Florida and Virginia ... but since I'm from OHIO, there is no way the Mittster gets us!!!

It's over ... the party's over and now Mitt has to take his bag of tricks and flip flops and go home.

Mitt just doesn't like being told he can't have something he thinks he bought and paid for.

He needs to go home and play on his car elevator.

I wonder if those who were still in line to vote ... are still in line?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 607
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:04:50 AM
hey, where are all the neocons at?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 608
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:08:23 AM

They are out planning the revolution.

The majority of the American ppl have spoken again...they approve of a more moderate government than the neo-con have proposed...and once again our true American values are confirmed.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 610
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/15/2012 2:18:45 PM
Worthy of note is

He never mentioned the 47%, flipflopping on abortion, gay rights, illegal aliens, women's rights, his comments to the Isrealies, the English or any other alienating gaff he made during the election
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 611
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/15/2012 10:40:32 PM
Oyvay

At some later part of the call he said he would not be seeking public office again.

he might be fed up with all the campaigning, but I don't fully buy it; MR has never been consistent about anything he's ever said. The only thing bigger than MR's wallet is his EGO. Four years from now, he'll be about 64--65 yrs old; still relatively young enough. Besides, who does the GOP have that can seriously challenge anyone? I don't see Newt in the picture (too old), nor do I see Perry, or santorum as viable. Rubio & Jindal are still lightweights. Palin is a wack-job; Ryan is currently "damaged goods". The only other individual who can be regarded as a GOP 'moderate' might be NJ Gov Chris Christie.

What a sad end to this election cycle.

What is even sadder is the whole slew of voters that got taken in by this Sum'ma-Btich.

Worthy of note is also the fact that he never even saw the possibilty of defeat.

His ego kept blocking his view! Btw, I'd love to get a copy of his "acceptance speech" that he said he wrote immediately after the polls closed! It should be a real gut buster!

America dodged a real bullet here....

True! but the democrats need to learn something from this ordeal! They gotta get their house in better order; they gotta start making some major in-roads here; though we've made some progress on the economic front but we are not nearly outta the woods!
----------------------------------

At Big

He never mentioned the 47%, flipflopping on abortion, gay rights, illegal aliens, women's rights, his comments to the Isrealies, the English or any other alienating gaff he made during the election

He can't fess up to any of this, as his vanity won't permit him to do so! I'm still left to ponder how much of MR's self-inflicted damage (as you well outlined) contributed to his defeat!
 cotter
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/18/2012 9:13:47 AM

They're all hunkered down trying to re-group while they attack any new appointees the President considers.
 Aries_328
Msg: 613
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/18/2012 11:51:35 AM

They're all hunkered down trying to re-group while they attack any new appointees the President considers.

Why is he going to Burma to pat them on the back??? Where is the leadership? What does this have to do with promblems in the middle east, Fiscal cliff, Iran, Hurrican Sandy, eatc.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/president-obama-defends-historic-trip-to-burma/2012/11/18/ad2bbb98-319f-11e2-bfd5-e202b6d7b501_story.html

Great comment

Though the trip takes Obama out of Washington just as negotiations over the looming “fiscal cliff” heat up, he hoped some good fortune in Thailand would rub off on his domestic prospects.

“We’re working on this budget, we’re going to need a lot of prayer for that,” Obama joked to the head Buddhist monk who was guiding him and Clinton on a private tour of the Royal Monastery.

“I always believe in prayer,” Obama said during his news conference, after a reporter mentioned the joke during a question. “If a Buddhist monk is wishing me well, I’m going to take whatever good vibes he can give me to try to deal with some challenges back home. I’m confident that we can get our fiscal situation dealt with.”

Does he realize that was probably seriously offensive to tell a Monk that he will take 'good vibes' from his prayer???

Once again, no one is home in the White house. All we get is talk. Talk talk talk talk... Nothing accomplished. Guess everything is going to plan. Not a surprise in sight. Our Military reputation tanked. Economy on total edge. Division in country growing even stronger. Israel acts on its own because it knows we don't have their backs. Iran mocks us. Europe is collapsing and will fall to fascism or nationalist socialism soon.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/opinion/sunday/europes-new-fascists.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The UN seems to be solely focused on Islamists in Africa.

It's a wonderful world post election.... You all deserve congratulations on a marvelous job of picking an obvious leader. Also, great job obscuring the world around us through the election cycle. Totally masterful work.

All going to plan.
 cotter
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/18/2012 3:39:00 PM

What does this have to do with promblems in the middle east, Fiscal cliff, Iran, Hurrican Sandy, eatc.
What more can the President do in the Middle East except get the Hell out of there?

The Fiscal Cliff is caused by the Republicants who are dead set on obstructing the democratic process ... so what do you propose the President should do?

I see no reason for us to get involved with whatever any Republicant thinks we should do in Iran since all they want us to do is attack for Israel's sake.

What is it that you want the President to do about Hurricane Sandy that he hasn't yet done?

Our Military reputation tanked.
If so, then it's because of their own behavior ... can't blame it on the President.

Does he realize that was probably seriously offensive to tell a Monk that he will take 'good vibes' from his prayer???
Not sure where you get your information, but I have a friend who is a Buddhist (used to be a Buddhist Monk) and he tells me that is not seriously offensive at all. I can only go by what he tells me ... he's from Thailand.

I work for a gentleman (and his family) who are from Laos. They also say that no Buddhist in their circle of friends would find that insulting ... soooooooo.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 617
Mitt Romney
Posted: 11/28/2012 8:41:27 AM
^^^^Perhaps His Mittster can ask the President for an un-employment check.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >