Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 147
Mitt RomneyPage 4 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

Even though the liberals can't learn this.......... the voters will help them out in November.

This sounds like the same uber-conservative victory lap that was done JUST before the SCOTUS decided upon PPACA...
 Imported_labor
Msg: 152
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/19/2012 5:01:35 PM
Romney will not become president very much for the same reasons that Pete Rose won't make it into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:53:32 PM

Romney will not become president very much for the same reasons that Pete Rose won't make it into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

If you are right it will be because of two idiots. One named Bud who doesn't deserve to be baseball's commissioner because he is ruining the game, and one named Barry who is ruining the country.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 154
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/20/2012 7:11:24 AM
I was thinking more about the facts that like Pete Rose, Romney doesn't like to pay taxes and he doesn't think that betting against his own country, just like Pete Rose didn't have a problem betting against his own team, should be seen as a dis-qualifier.

Mitt Romney, the Pete Rose of American Politics!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 155
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/20/2012 9:16:10 AM
Romney is no Pete Rose...the Mittster wasn't the best of the best...he was well connected and happened into offshoring of labor at the right time....while Pete Rose was an extrodinary ball player...but, just as Rose...betting against one's own team peclude's any initiation into the hall of fame....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 157
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/21/2012 4:11:32 AM
Pete Rose isn't in the HOF because of betting on baseball...specifically, Pete Rose bet on Reds games. but denies ever betting against the Reds (oh sure)
 faith2565
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/21/2012 7:35:19 PM
It will be a close race, but he will not win. His wife needs to stop talking publicly and he needs to produce his tax returns. He can't relate to the everyday people.
 mungojoe
Msg: 160
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/26/2012 9:39:39 PM
I think Romney may need something to draw attention away from his "foreign policy chops"...

(Reuters) - By the end of presidential candidate Mitt Romney's first full day in London on Thursday, he had been the target of a verbal jab from the British prime minister and had been mocked by the city's mayor, who spoke before a cheering crowd.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/26/us-oly-usa-politics-romney-trip-idINBRE86P1IA20120726

The PM speculated:

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world, of course, it is easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."

Way to sell the "US Brand" there, Mitt...
 mungojoe
Msg: 161
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/27/2012 1:29:05 PM
Some more "highlights from Mitt's "London tour"...

"It’s a little comic relief. Kind of like Mr. Bean, only he’s an American.”

“worse than Sarah Palin.”

“devoid of charm, warmth, humour or sincerity,’”

"We’re the Special Relationship, the easy-peasy bit of U.S. foreign relations. How will he deal with China?”

"At this rate, Mitt Romney may provoke an international incident with the United Kingdom by the weekend,"

"Mitt the twit"

Presidential material all 'round...
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 163
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/27/2012 8:45:47 PM
In post 9/11; GWB made his famous "axis of evil" speech in which he named Iraq; Iran and N. Korea.

Well, Iraq has been overthrown after 10 yrs of fighting
Iran is now on the verge of going nuclear, and N. Korea has gotten it since the GWB speech.

Calling that speech a public relations disaster is an understatement; However, GWB was the standing president at the time he said all this!

Mitt Romney IS NOT a president (yet) and is not considered a strong favorite and he is already brushing foreign leaderships the wrong way. That is, Foreign leaderships who are OUR allies!

This man is clearly a verbal CLOD, who has his head up his a$$. Notwithstanding the fact that he is a republican, he nonetheless put America in a bad light amongst friends.

If he can easily and wantonly irritate our allies then what could he spark amongst our enemies by irresponsibly opening his mouth as the POTUS?

IMO, Mitt has the firm potential to make GWB look intelligent! Not that Obama is worthy of a 2nd term but it will be a sad day if this clod ever gets elected!
 mungojoe
Msg: 165
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/27/2012 11:34:54 PM
I'm just waiting for him or one of his staff to tell a "Polish joke" in front of an open mic before he gets to Poland...
 Neopoli
Msg: 166
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/28/2012 7:46:40 AM
Ha! Could happen! The foot-in-mouth gaffes are funny sometimes. He & Joe Biden are strikingly similar in many ways like that. To me, its almost uncanny. The only difference is Biden is VP & can hide behind Obama, while Romney is magnified in plain sight. They both are sort of a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Romney should have waited until 2016 & then run against Biden. What a hoot. One would cancel the other out & it would then look normal.
 mungojoe
Msg: 169
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/30/2012 4:48:21 PM
SWING AND A MISS......STRIKE 2!!!!

Mitt just can't get anything right...

All he had to do was go over and suck 'Nuttinbutayahoo's' d1ck for a bit and he would have been 'golden'... I guess his aides forgot to tell him to swallow, not spit...

That isn't his only gaffe... He was most lauditory of healthcare in Israel... I guess he forgot one or two little facts...

Israel regulates its health care system aggressively, requires all residents to carry insurance and caps revenues for the country’s health care system... I wonder how he will criticize "Affordable Care" with a straight face now...?
 mungojoe
Msg: 173
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/31/2012 1:37:16 PM

STRIKE 3, YOUR OUT!!!!!

And in keeping with that spirit, this is one of my favourite quotes so far...

“It’s not that Romney struck out against a major league pitcher. I mean, here he struck out playing tee ball,”

Colin Kahl
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 174
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/31/2012 3:28:29 PM
I do notice that the conservative evangelical republican right is very silent and absent from the present discussion...I'm shocked that they aren't in here defending thei "boy" and explaining his mouth!
 Neopoli
Msg: 176
Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/31/2012 5:03:19 PM

I do notice that the conservative evangelical republican right is very silent and absent from the present discussion...I'm shocked that they aren't in here defending thei "boy" and explaining his mouth!

Thats because Romney is not a conservative evangelical republican. The conservative evangelical republican dropped out of the race several months ago. The ideologically racist liberals are still here, though.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 180
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 5:13:32 AM
^

"Mitt Romney was not handed success. He built it,"

Oh, I guess that is why his squad of lawyers & accountants are doctoring his TAX returns before he makes them public!

What Mitt Romney and I had together was a real marriage,"

yep, considering what Mitt would have wanted in accordance to HIS religion; that is a stable full of 3--4 wives! He certainly had the money to support them!

The candidate doesn't like to talk about how he helps others because..........

...........He does NOT want to divulge all the back-room favors he has gotten back from those he's "helped"

Real leaders don't follow polls. Real leaders change polls."

That's also an indictment on the Gwb administration!

too many times in life, people are afraid to say no. Sometimes "no is required,"

Really, how come they never say "no" when it comes to voting themselves lavish pay raises (that the pple never approved!), and all the unbelievable perks that they get; such as FREE unrestricted HEALTH Insurance for life(that the taxpayer foots)! The very same thing that they want to deny the public!

It's over for Obama.

Sure, now show us your real TAXES Mitt! Lets see how "hard" you worked!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 183
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:24:28 AM
^^^^^^
Our parents are our greatest teachers. We learn from them, watch them, emulate them, become friends with their friends, and offspring of their friends. There are lots of time-worn cliches to that effect, "Like father like son",,,,,"The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree", "A chip off the old block", et al.
I have a lady friend, her father was a prominent musician, and she learned from him as a little kid, and became a professional symphony player at age 14. She even married a symphony musician. This is not uncommon in the arts, where actors, singers, composers, writers, musicians seem to be generational, Of course at some point they sink or swim on their own merits.

Mitt Romney is on his own, and he will sink or swim just that way.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 184
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 10:55:56 AM
^

What does doctoring mean?

If I have to tell you what "doctoring" means about a man who only paid about 13% in taxes and who has just recently closed off foreign bank accounts in Switzerland and the Cayman islands, and is being called upon to show his returns to his potential employers (the US citizens)then there is little else for me to say to you!

Maybe you should introduce him to the other wives of his you so dream about!

Maybe should find out what his religion allows and freely permits its male followers to do! Maybe you should find out why his grandfather moved to Mexico; maybe you should find out what the stipulations his wife made before she converted to Mormonism, prior to marrying him!

Charitable donations and self service is considered "back room favors"

If he made "donations" in the context of his church & religion then he was just fulfilling an obligation; even mobsters & the many inner city drug lords have given money to so-called good causes. Besides, you don't know what MR does and why he does it; if it is for genuine reasons or for ulterior purposes!

GWB is gone but at least you admit it about OblameO who will soon be gone also!

This election is not for MR to win, but rather for Obama to lose, But if you are truly that confident that MR will win; then why don't you put your money where your mouth is and bet ALL your possessions on that very outcome. I'm sure you'll get a lot of happy takers on that bet; that is, if you have the balls to do it!

As Governor, Romney took no salary for 4 years.

If true ^; then MR did it on his own volition and for his own motives. Meaning that nobody forced him or compelled him to relinquish his salary. On the other hand; the GOP wants to compel or force me to accept a lesser product when it comes to my social security & medicare by putting it in the hands of profiteering firms; while they've all feathered their retirement nests on tax-payer revenues!
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 185
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 11:09:17 AM
^^^^^^
"This election is not for MR to win, but rather for Obama to lose,"

Obama knows that his economic progress has not been what he had hoped for, and he himself predicted a single term if this wasn't satisfactory to the American people. In addition, historically an incumbent president will lose in these circumstances.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 187
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:25:33 PM
If we wish to discuss polygamy, why not include Barack Obama Sr. ?
 Imported_labor
Msg: 188
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 2:52:21 PM

Is it illegal to pay only 13% or to hold foreign accounts?

It may not be illegal for a multimillionaire to hide his income by putting his money in foreign accounts, but when that multimillionaire wants to become the president of the country, then you have a politician who is in a very difficult position to explain why he has been betting against his own country. He obviously loves money more than his own country. Why would the people believe him when he says that he would do the best for the country, when he has, for years, been doing what is best only for himself?
 Neopoli
Msg: 189
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 4:05:09 PM

This election is not for MR to win, but rather for Obama to lose,

True, very true, because there are always more Democratic voters than Republican. Obama, or any Democratic president for that matter, should always be elected. There should never be a Republican president considering the minority of Republican voters in this nation.

It remains to be seen how many Democrats will switch sides this time, as they almost always have done. If only 1/5 of the switch, Romney probably loses. But if 1/4 or more switch, as they have done many times in the past, Romney probably wins.

Romney only wins with Democratic support, much like the Bushes & Reagan did. The burning question is, why do SO MANY Democrats switch sides chronically & vote for the Republican candidate again & again?? Republicans rarely if ever do that. Any & all bets are on us Democrats(the non-liberal ones).
 Neopoli
Msg: 191
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 5:54:11 PM

YES, that does happen! Simply put it shows that democrats THINK, unlike their republicant counterparts. Democrats want whats best for the country, not what the mantra of the party line says.

^^^ OK...you are confirming that the thinking Democrats switched sides & enabled Bush to win 2 terms against the 2 Democratic liberal candidates.....Which validates the claim that the rest of the Democrats do NOT think.

Circular logic rules!!! Do you even proof-read anything you write?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 193
Mitt Romney
Posted: 8/29/2012 7:10:00 PM
@PGL

Is it illegal to pay only 13% or to hold foreign accounts?

Go read msg. 244
because I could not have said it any better!
But hey, don't let the facts confuse you!

His Grandfather did move to Mexico but in fact he had only one wife.

check the links posted in msg 243

His Tyler Foundation donated his money this way...

1. & 2. don't count because he was just fullfilling his obligations
5. 8. 9. 10. don't count either because those donations were not made toward the needy!

Really now, how old are you?

Old enough to stand behind my sentiments; unlike you!

and the reason the Dems will lose this election.

As I said to you already; put your money where your mouth is, because talk is CHEAP!

It really burns you that Romney is a decent human being.

Nope, but it burns me that he is trying to PASS himself off as a decent guy;
So much so, that he has to send his wife up on the podium of the RNC to try to explain to the US public what MR is "really like"; which is something he doesn't have the balls (nor the know-how) to be able to do it for himself. And this is the man(once elected), who is supposed to get everything on track; yet he can't even go into an ally country and not leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth! Like I already said, don't let the facts stand in the way of your delusions!

Forcing others .........

....is something the GOP is good at doing! They'll force us to go tin-cup in hand begging to some rich consortium to try and get them to give you credit towards paying your healthcare expenses and your grocery bills; and when we are exhausted in our efforts we'll just drop dead in the process (which is what the GOP will be hoping for); and the repo men can come and take what you still owe on, and who proceeds will go toward the paying of the debt; while they keep awarding themselves perk after perk!

....is probably the reason you are unsuccessful

...And the reason why YOU are so SUCCESSFUL is because you modeled yourself after MR (no doubt!!!) and are making money the same way he is; I'm sure someone as astute as you, is certainly not part of the peon work force, are you now? No doubt, you've got to be some big entrepreneur in the same LEAGUE as MR; and I'm sure that like MR, you are paying no more than 13% in taxes, of your millions of revenues (unlike us peons who have to pay 28%; 32% and higher!); and have most of your money in foreign bank accounts! Well; I'm happy for YOU pple in the top 2%; I'm sure that YOU are providing jobs(as we speak) to all the out of work Americans (like MR did when he outsourced jobs in his firm to India!); so even though I am NOT as successful as YOU; I will try my best to emulate you guys on top, even though you'll(the GOP) never let me get there with you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Green

If we wish to discuss polygamy, why not include Barack Obama Sr. ?

Last I checked, Obama Sr didn't classify himself as a Christian!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Neopoli

The burning question is, why do SO MANY Democrats switch sides chronically & vote for the Republican candidate again & again?? Republicans rarely if ever do that.

I have to agree with what OyVay said; moderate Democrats and Independants are free thinkers and are less bound to party dogma. They are able to think outside the box and be able to weigh the variables much better, when it comes to deciding who to vote for and for what reason.

I voted for Gwb in the Y2K election; because I felt that Gore was a cheap facsimile of Bill Clinton; and that the Clinton administration all in all had lost its lustre. I would have preferred John McCain at the time, (i'm pretty sure he would not have been foolish enough to Invade Iraq) and I was disappointed that he didn't get the nomination but I was still hopeful that Gwb would have youthful energy to build upon what Clinton was about to lose! I was wrong but at least I had the balls to take a chance. I don't get the same vibes with MR. In essence, I see him as a Republican version of Al Gore.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >