Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sexually Active Seniors      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Sexually Active SeniorsPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^^Sigh......and the ladies actually wonder why it is that we men don't appear overly enthusiastic about having a "relationship".......
 mateo45
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 7:34:02 AM
^^^^Sigh......and the ladies actually wonder why it is that we men don't appear overly enthusiastic about having a "relationship".....

BTW, on another thread discussing the "friends" label in profiles (i.e., FSM - LTR, Friends, Hanging Out, etc.), it's amazing how many "mature" women are so passionate about NOT wanting a LTR (or maybe that's the 'only' thing they still get "passionate" about... LOL)!

But if they're only looking for "casual" (aka "friends"), and if most of 'em don't care about sex anymore, it kinda adds new meaning to the old question of "then what do (older) women really want?!"
 kari135
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 8:56:38 AM

BTW, on another thread discussing the "friends" label in profiles (i.e., FSM - LTR, Friends, Hanging Out, etc.), it's amazing how many "mature" women are so passionate about NOT wanting a LTR (or maybe that's the 'only' thing they still get "passionate" about... LOL)!

But if they're only looking for "casual" (aka "friends"), and if most of 'em don't care about sex anymore, it kinda adds new meaning to the old question of "then what do (older) women really want?!"

There's a difference between "want" and "would like to have" also.

I'm defiitely an older woman. What do I want? World peace and a safe future for my children and grandchildren to inherit. Do I expect that to happen? No, I'm not a fool.

What would I like to have? Someone to share my life with who wants to share his like with me. Do I expect to find that? Not expect, but there's always hope. Once you stop hoping for anything good, you stop living, you just haven't been buried yet. I would also hope that any relationship would include having a sex life, but if for some reason it wasn't possible, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. It's not that I don't care about sex, it's that while it's an important part of a relationship, it's not the only part.

As for all those labels, they all - so far as I've seen, anyway - translate into sex.

'Friends' is expected to be a FWB. I've got nothing against that, I just happen to believe the benefits come after the friendship, not before someone even knows more than your screen name.

'Hang out' or 'Activity Partner' includes first and foremost horizontal activies. (See FWB)

'Long term' - as long as it takes to find someone better, maybe days, weeks, or months. Or someone who just happens - hopefully - to live around the corner and could be considered a steady date for Friday or Saturday nights, and the occasional mid-week itch he wants scratched. (I've heard the same complaints about this from men.)

'Talk/Email'' - cybersex or phone sex, plain and simple. I am so not interested in that - if I was going to do that, I'd want to be paid for it. I could always use some extra income. It also astonishes me at times, though I suppose it shouldn't, how many men will put 'talk/email' and say they'd be happy just to find someone to communicate with who has half a brain, but when it comes to crunch time, they just aren't interested in 'communicating' long distance (long distance in some cases meaning a 30-40 or so mile drive away).

I'm sure there must be exceptions to all of those, I just haven't come across any yet. Or I should more accurately say, I haven't come across any in my state, and all but two of them are at least 1,000 miles away. Even that wouldn't be too much of a problem except for one thing: I can't drive anymore to meet anyone halfway.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 76
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 9:23:51 AM

So, ladies, assuming that Mr Perfect showed up, what should he look forward to in terms of physical frequency? Once a week? Once a month? Birthday and Xmas? Every lunar eclipse? The peak and trough of the sunspot cycle?

When I first came to PoF, there was a gentleman with whom long term was looking pretty possible. For a little bit. We were pretty comfortable with bedtime/morning, or morning/naptime, or naptime/bedtime. Truth told, I wouldn't have objected to all three, but I'm not for pushing a fella in his sixties.

Five/daily? Prolly not, even in ma twenties for very long: in one's twenties, one has *things* to do, floors to wash, kids to raise, jobs to get to. . . . Retirement can be mahvuhlus.

Roses are always nice, but wine tends to be counterproductive -- but then I remember the movie.

browneyesboo
Msg: 77
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 10:28:21 AM

You're not really using the threads as a basis for deciding what older women do
or do not want? I'd be interested in how many "mature" women outside of these
forums you actually have intimate knowledge of regarding their likes and dislikes.

While I would never have come here initially to meet "friends", I do understand
why there are so many here that just post to the forums or keep up with the friends
they have met here. It's not my thing, but it's also not my concern what others do.

But then, I don't consider the few regular posters here as a barometer of what
is the actual atmosphere of the dating world as a whole. I find people in real life
to be very open, fun and still interested in life. I know of no one in my circle of
friends (either single or married) who have lost interest in any of the activities that
seem to be scorned in these forums.

When your opinions and beliefs are forged by threads on a free dating site, it's
really time to take stock in your life...but of course again...that's just MY opinion.
 mateo45
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 10:38:39 AM
Perhaps, but since I'm often in the "minority view" on a lot of things, dunno that my "experience" is all that representative. Although given the conclusions of the afore-mentioned AARP study and the fact that a "significant number" of "older female" ( & male) posters obviously seems to reflect that, what else would you conclude (aside from the possibility that maybe POF just attracts a "certain type" of female...)?
 kari135
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 1:49:54 PM

3 plus plus times a day I imagine at first then maybe in a 6 time it might mellow out a little to once or twice daily?

nativerock

Not in my experience.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/30/2010 5:51:21 PM

3 plus plus times a day I imagine at first then maybe in a 6 time it might mellow out a little to once or twice daily?

Native.....I am in love.......your my kind of woman......:)

Too bad I am allergic to cats......:(
 jojoaus
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 3:10:08 AM
Don't think anyone is about to label you as that Ms Waxxx :)

4 or 5 times a DAY??? Seriously?? That would wilt the !!! I don't think I was that active even as a twentysomething If I thought I could have it 5 or 6 times a week I'd feel damn lucky.
 daffie
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 4:49:54 AM
^pssssssssssssssssssssssst, native...

i'm afraid rg's "all talk"...

we all know he's allergic to pussies!...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:51:24 AM

If it gets permanent can get myself a private grooming place where they can hang out.

My goodness, Native, where has all this flexibility come from? Obviously, I have been using the wrong bait for these past years......

Nothing like a little honest expression of desires to bring out the "best" in people, I guess......
 rearguard*2
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:56:26 AM

Count me out on the six-a-day, Rearguard. It would definitely be great for a day or two but after that, it would feel like a job.

Well, Ruby, I guess I understand why your profile does not say looking for "long term". A couple of days is way to short to qualify for that!

On the other hand, there is a certain appeal of a woman that is there for a good time instead of a long time. Myself, however, I like to be in love and to make love to a woman who is in love with me. Guess I better keep clear of Australia.

Er....well....maybe for a short vacation......
 rearguard*2
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 5:59:03 AM

.Hmmm, let's go with Halley's Comet to be on the safe side.

Hmmmmm... I have always been aware that its much colder out West than it is here in la belle province, but until now did not fully realize the depth of meaning in that understanding........
 rearguard*2
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 6:41:20 AM

When your opinions and beliefs are forged by threads on a free dating site, it's
really time to take stock in your life...but of course again...that's just MY opinion.

....mine too!
 mateo45
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 8:59:13 AM
"When your opinions and beliefs are forged by threads on a free dating site, it's
really time to take stock in your life...but of course again...that's just MY opinion."

....mine too!

Of course the same could be said if anyone's opinions here seem to, um, "bother" you enuff to point all that out ("sexless" or otherwise...)! ;-p
 browneyesboo
Msg: 88
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 10:28:50 AM

Of course the same could be said if anyone's opinions here seem to, um, "bother" you enuff to point all that out ("sexless" or otherwise...)! ;-p

I can't help but notice this seems to be a constant theme of yours.
When someone disagrees with you, rather than have a witty comment, you
mention that they shouldn't have bothered to respond. I imagine the forums
would become pretty dead pretty quick if everyone just stopped responding...
don't you?

Here let me help you.

"Well, that might be true, but here you are responding again, so I guess I must
be saying something important?"

And no you don't "bother" me...you amuse me for a few seconds.

.....oh look, a shiney object!
 mateo45
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/1/2010 11:46:35 AM
Dunno, but you seem to be the one who takes everything I say "personal", even if I'm simply agreeing with something like an AARP study (that someone else brought up)!

And BTW, so it's OK for you to respond to me, but not the other way around... how's that work (or like everything else, is it only the ones you "approve of"... )?
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 90
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/20/2010 9:35:05 AM
I am with you, kari135!
 TryAgan
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 12/23/2010 5:04:42 PM
Is it common for seniors to be concerned about "safe sex?"

Unfortunately, many seniors are just too reckless with their lives.
It is only prudent to slow down the car or even pull out of the traffic to engage in such activity.
 grandmanani
Msg: 92
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 2/4/2011 9:05:02 AM
I hate to say this, but I enjoy it more now than when I was much younger. But if I look on a site, it is not the first thing I look for. I want a LTR, not a FWB. SO, I still need to learn how to weed out the flakes.
 Jillian1963
Msg: 93
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 2/4/2011 12:55:02 PM
OK guys don't throw anything at me ; ) I find this tread very interesting because I can actually believe it gets better as you older. I am 49 youngest just moved out.I have never been happier or felt more free. Honestly I less rinkles, I think the lack of stress from raising children And dont get me wrong I adore my children...........is good for your health. I have never enjoyed sex more..........and after reading this, I know its for a long time going........THANX
 Moonchild51
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 2/12/2011 2:44:35 PM
Miss Holly? Kudos to you my friend!!!
Not all women think the exact same. I have to say, as I think has been said here earlier? I have never felt more free to experience "me" with someone else than I have since the kids got older, I got deeeeevorced! lol...Seriously it is the time of my life. Experiment, enjoy, and yes, sex as many darn times as it is offered! Love it!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 95
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 2/13/2011 10:29:49 AM
...When did I become a "senior?" Time flys by when you're having fun...or not...Lol

Believe me if I'm going to get it on with someone...it's going to be someone in the same age range. And we can feel comfortable discussing our battle scars afterwards...ooops I mean "life experiences" *wink*

...mae
 pretzelman60
Msg: 96
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 10/26/2011 3:39:07 PM
I have known older women(60's) that have tried to pick me up in bars where I do karaoke. So the interest is there in seniors. I am 61 and am as interested in sex as I have always been. There are now limits on abilities that weren't there before, sorta like the song, I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. The only reason I haven't taken up with any of these ladies, is because I see how they flit from one "victim" to another.

JMO
 gentleasrain
Msg: 97
Sexually Active Seniors
Posted: 11/26/2011 10:21:41 AM
When I was divorced some years ago I reunited with my old college sweetheart who still looked like a million bucks but who thought that once a week was too much. Keep in mind that three times a day was too LITTLE for her back when we were first lovers and that my inability to consistently top that had a lot to do with our break up. With reversed circumstances, our second go around didn't last long.
Meanwhile I hooked up with a breathtakingly beautiful woman whose sexual appetite almostly exactly matched mine... until she hit menopause. She's still my best friend but the sex is frustratingly infrequent. She has also gone from being multiorgasmic to almost never experiencing a good cum.
Are there any women who are no longer fertile and who have actually seen their libidos increase? I'd have thought that having no fear of pregnancy would improve the situation but maybe not.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Sexually Active Seniors