Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Genie4ever
Msg: 3
Hookahs. Do they count as smoking as far as profiles go?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Since we are being specific about the smoker question.... Couldnt we go one step further and click on the smoking option if we are "smoking hot"? Smoke turkeys in a smoker? Eat smoked****ail wieners? Have smoke coming out of our ears when we get angry? or take a trip to the Smokey Mts? LOL
 WickedWorld
Msg: 13
Hookahs. Do they count as smoking as far as profiles go?
Posted: 8/26/2007 8:17:07 AM

They're water pipes which you smoke shisha

I think he's playing an anagram on us?...shisha....hashish
Still is smoking
 yna6
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/28/2007 7:26:20 PM
^^^ have to agree with the lady....don't bother listing it, but mention it in your profile.
 RSwindol
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 6:22:50 PM

Ive never heard of Hookahs? must be a American thing I guess

Actually I think it would be an Indian thing.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:43:40 PM
Hookahs (aka "water pipes," IIRC) can be used to smoke a variety of substances, but I recall they're best known for use in smoking hashish or opium.

Should they count as "smoking," the same as cigars, cigarettes, pipes, if they're used to smoke tobacco?

I dunno, but consider this-
If a married man pays for a hooker (or if a married woman pays for a gigolo), does it count the same as having an affair? It's not like it's romantic involvement, just biological urges-

If a married woman (or man) moonlights as a prostitute, does it count as infidelity? (It's just a job, after all).

As far as I'm concerned, smoking anything is bad for you. I'm a non-smoker, have been since 2000, don't ever intend to smoke again. To me a hookah would count as smoking, just as paying for a hooker is infidelity.
 RSwindol
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 4:09:28 AM

^^^not only Indian--Arabic, Turkish, Irani, for a few.

No matter what country uses hookahs, only one country invented it...India.
 kow626
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:27:47 PM
It's been said: if you smoke anything at any frequency, then you smoke unless it's weed, then you do drugs.

www.mayoclinic.com/health/hookah/AN01265

Hookahs are especially bad news for already gluttonous, unhealthy Americans. I've seen some profiles of chicks smoking hookahs in their pics but in their profile it says non-smoker. that's false advertising and a contradiction. I've seen chicks with non-smoker status smoking cigs in their pic. I'm like, you're kidding right? One chick I used to be involved with had non-smoker status and answered no to using drugs in a profile. Turns out she smoked hookahs and weed occasionally. I know there are dishonest members whose profiles are tailored to generate the most views and emails but the truth always comes out.

When it comes to dating, online or otherwise, I ask what I need to ask right up front so I'm not wasting my time. And yeah, my memory is good. Helps to catch people in lies who change their story later (if they do). I don't expect or anticipat that but we all know people lie for whatever reasons. Better to know the truth earlier rather than later. Even if a profile says they don't smoke, have no kids, etc, if we start hitting it off, I'm still gonna ask what she feels I should know already. In the past, it used to frustrate me when people asked questions about me and I already explained it in my profile. Most simply don't read. Others have adopted my philosophy. Obvious or not, sometimes you gotta ask those questions even though the answer has already seemingly been answered.

For those that know what a hookah is, it doesn't hurt to ask a potential date if they smoke them when you know you'd never date a smoker. Some people even smoke cigars on occasion but will still answer that they don't smoke. Don't be afraid to ask questions to find out what you need to know in today's dishonest climate. Don't ignore profile/picture contradictions or other red flags. Some problems are completely avoidable.
 pescando75
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/12/2012 2:01:31 PM
LOL!

Ive never heard of Hookahs? must be a American thing I guess

Go East, young man. LOL!

No, no need to list yourself as a smoker for going to a Hookah bar once every 3 weeks. Not even close.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >