Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > profile with face in the picture      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Oly_guy
Msg: 39
profile with face in the picturePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I screwed up posted a photo that did not fit the guidelines and lost my photo privileges. I promise to upload only one photo according to the guidelines. May I please have my privilege back.

Thanks.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 40
profile with face in the picture
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:46:41 AM
can a mod let me know if there is something wrong with my privileges? I just came back to the site...tried uploading more recent pics and when i click upload nothing happens...i mean the page refreshes as though i hadnt done anything and the pic didnt upload...i tried with several pics and all the same result. They are 30k jpegs....I have never had this issue beofre and I am sure they comply with rules for allowable content.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/24/2009 10:37:49 AM
nevermind i figured it out
 Secret_Lvr
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/5/2009 12:18:38 AM
where do we go to beg forgivness and promise never to be bad again so we can get posting priviledges again?
 restless_native
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:55:35 AM
When you try to upload images all you see are these guidelines.

Cartoons, celebrity, Torso and Joke pictures are not allowed.
Make sure the image is in JPG, BMP or GIF format.
You can share these private pictures with other members when sending them a message.
You can now edit your thumbnails, if they are distorted!
More help for Add / Change / Delete Images Allow others to rate your image
Serious Users can upload 16 images instead of the normal 8.
ALL pictures MUST contain you in it with a visible head shot at minimum

If there are so many other ambiguous criteria as detailed throughout this thread and referred to on others would it not be a good idea to make the uploading instructions far more specific to avoid confusion?
 Love at first sting
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/20/2009 10:06:35 PM
I myself are one of the guilty ones who posted non acceptable pics and have had my upload privelidges revoked. I would like to have the privelidge reinstated on the promise that I post under the guidelines from here on in. Thanks in advance.
 railrunner
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/22/2009 2:26:49 AM
I have an interesting (Sort of) profile pic question:

I was browsing profiles the other day, and, being a railfan, one of them caught my eye. It was a pic of a woman inside a Pullman-Standard commuter coach. I recognized the interior of the car immediately.

Now, the orange interior cars, dating to the 1950s, were retired three to four years ago. The cab control cars were all gone even longer ago. Metra Rail reinstated ten or so standard coaches, but they have all new interors that are a rather sterile blueish.

Anyway, this woman's age as of now is 20, and given that the coach she is aboard, was retired at least three years ago, she had to have been under 18 when the picture was taken.

How does admin/site caretakers handle that? I mean, it is not a current picture, the old commuter coach interior gives that away, but it isn't something anyone without knowledge of railroad equipment would notice either.

If I were to report the picture, I don't think anyone who reviews it would really understand, and would've punished me or something.
 FOXYW3ST
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/3/2009 1:49:43 PM
i want to upload acceptable pictures.. but i cant even upload any pix.. can u please change that? i promise to keep it proper.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/3/2009 6:17:37 PM
How does admin/site caretakers handle that? I mean, it is not a current picture ...

Related Links:Plentyoffish: Report Channels
 JustPhishin4now
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/28/2010 3:40:05 PM
I was trying to change my pictures, and upload new ones but I can't do it. I have been on this site for a long time and had the same picture. Once I had uploaded some one other picture where it showed me riding my motorcycle and I had my helmet on. I then got email saying that wasn't an "accetable" picture and I quickly changed it. Ever since I still can't upload or put new pictures on my profile. Can you please help??
 No.New.Start.Here
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 7:26:31 PM
I had the same thing happen to my pictures. My profile picture had my face and entire body. Guess there's a size limit, your face has to be so big, maybe???. Never saw anything about a size. I looked at all kinds of profile pictures to make sure mine would be ok. Apparently loads of people are not in compliance, perhaps there needs to be a page with example pictures showing what's ok and what isn't. The picture they put as my main profile pic wasn't as clear, go figure... Deciding what is a good picture is subjective, since the guidelines are so vague. Then there's people who just click the report on anyone, which I felt like doing when my picture was deleted and there were sooo many that had faces that you couldn't see, were covered with something, like sunglasses (I was wearing my glasses, is that illegal???), back of head, etc. Suppose that's why there's so many people on POF that don't have pictures. Really think you'd want to see the entire person because one guy told me a woman that flew in to see him looked like a rhino when she got off of the plane... so what good is a picture if it's old or looks nothing like what the person really looks like??? I have noticed recently people that have viewed my profile have a plenty of fish on their thumbnail which leads me to believe they stole someone else's picture, because that doesn't show up on the normal viewer pictures or suggested pictures.
 jonbkyln
Msg: 50
ERROR that i must log in again to upload
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:19:03 AM
this has been going on for 4 days.. i cannot upload my image sent several email with NO response.. CAN ANYONE HELP????
 jonbkyln
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:24:29 AM
what a JOKE half the people on here use OLD or fake pictures.. LOL
 jonbkyln
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:27:41 AM
but i get a MESSAGE every time i log in that i NEED to upload an image to increase my CHANCES LOL
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 53
how do you get you picture privaledges back.
Posted: 8/31/2011 4:33:04 AM
Once a Mod has been along to let you know if your uploading privileges have been revoked, you can plead your case to the Admin at csr@pof.com.

Good luck.
 dreamer0458
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/12/2012 7:39:38 PM
how long does it take to be able to upload pictures after being revoked when there nothing wrong with my pictures? all head shots.
 dreamer0458
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:39:43 AM
I am not able to up load any pictures but you can see the pictures that I already have up.how can i be able to up load pictures again?I can not find anywhere to send a message to ask to be able to do that.
 Xpoc
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 9:50:25 PM
I have been pondering this question for awhile,and since I cannot log in to check my mail..well why not ask since I am here in the forums... " PROFILE WITH FACE IN THE PICTURE "..Ok I hear peoples pictures getting deleted or not accepted(well at least the put something up!!)
My question is,and I do not car what your job is,or that you are in the public eye..Online dating is here and has been for quite some time.There is no embarrassment in it..So my question is,if my profile has to have a good face shot of me to be accepted..How do these people get away without putting up a profile picture at all??Is this not against the rules? " PROFILE WITH FACE IN THE PICTURE "...I think any profile that does not include a picture should be warned that if they do not comply and past a profile pic,their profile will be deleted.Who wants to talk to someone for days or weeks only to be shown a pic,and they are not what you thought..Shallow??I don't think so.Physical attraction is not everything,but it is something.And I do not think someone should have to "get to know" a person and then when they see a picture they know that they are not interested or attracted to that person.Put up a profile picture,I thought it was the law..Thank you for your patience in reading this rant:-))

Cheers
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:02:39 AM
^^^^
In your email settings very near the bottom and just above the update button you will see:

Allow emails (first contact) from users without images on their profile

Here you can select "No", and that way you will never have to deal with a user without a photo ever again.
 Oldriver
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/30/2012 12:04:34 PM
I also had a real decent main picture of me standing about 10 feet away from a truck and my face was as clear as a bell and anyone who know me recogonized me instantly. It was not a photoshoped or nothing and this picture gets deleted automatically plus another one in my gallery which was not a main pic that showed me standing sideways.

I have seen so many main pictures of flowers or scenery or the person 200 feet away at a beach and those picture are acceptable while mine which showed me clearly is not.

How about those with no pics at all.....even a pic with a distant face shot but at least showing the type of body is 100 times better than no picture.
 Callme_Q
Msg: 59
can't upload pictures
Posted: 8/22/2012 9:33:22 PM
I get 8 photos, but I can't upload anymore. what gives? I didn't have a shirt on and u guys sent me a message about it ... that a big deal? now i can't upload my photos.
 DasRukkie
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/13/2012 6:24:13 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, I did not read the rules close enough and uploaded an inappropriate picture. How long do I have to wait until my image privileges are restored? Is there someone I can contact to assure it will not happen again?

Thanks, DasRukkie

"Close enough" ? right next to the Upload button is thie phrase "UPLOADING NUDITY WILL GET YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED" - fortunately they saw fit not to delete your account. Your privileges are gone however - email csr@pof.com

Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/15/2012 2:55:48 PM
^^^
Go to Report User link located at the bottom of the profile.

It will let you make a report there.
 zet777
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/30/2016 7:56:55 PM
/Depending on the Conduct of the Poster, along with a Promise to upload only acceptable Pics, we'll restore your Privilege, where it had been previously revoked./

I tried to message POF and also leave a comment on facebook.... but got no answers.

I am sorry for my mistake with my pics and now that I know,
I will not put anymore of the unacceptable pics. I promise!

Can I please Have the right to have pics on POF, to upload pics on POF?

Thank you
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > profile with face in the picture