Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 taal
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Sex with minorsPage 14 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)

The age (not law) of majority may be 18 and 19 in the provinces but a kid can pack their bags and leave home at the age of 16, call one our local PD's and ask if you don't believe me.

Next...

You are correct someone could possibly have a child committed to a facility of some kind BUT you'd have to go to court and prove your motivation beforehand and unless you could prove that the 16 year old in question is not mentally capable of taking care of themselves or is a risk to the health and well being of others you'd not stand a chance in hell of getting a judge to sign a committal order.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say, except I was going to add on that if they decide to leave home, the parents can send police to go pick them up as a runaway. Then, the police can take them back to their house, put them one foot in the door, and they can walk right back out again, and that's it.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 358
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 8:58:01 PM
Taal & Standard-and-poor ...

I am having a very hard time understanding your motives for so furiously arguing this topic. THE MAJORITY votes in our laws and THE MAJORITY of citizens in BOTH our countries condemn child molestation. Those are facts! The law is the law and no argument you present here is going to change that or change the minds of those of us who support it, that is the bottom line! I am sure that you both would love to see this law changed but hang-it-up ... that isn't going to happen!

I must seriously question WHY you both feel so strongly against this law. Taal, I suspect that you yourself have engaged in sexual activities with men VERY much older than yourself and that makes you a victim if that is indeed the case. S-A-P, I suspect that you have engaged in sexual relations with females MUCH younger than yourself -OR- wish that you could which would make you THE PREDATOR. I AM NOT accusing either of you, I am just stating what your relentless argument of this topic leads me to believe.

I suspect you will answer with some comment stating that it is not fair to the child and that the CHILD should have the right to make this choice for them self (notice the exaggerated word CHILD). Then I would say ... B.S.!!! The majority of teens in the U.S. are killed by irresponsible behavior, i.e. drunk driving, drug abuse, engaging in dangerous behavior and murder. That is not my opinion, that is a statistical fact! Now in light of that I present my argument that children under the age of 18 are TOO INEXPERIENCED and TOO IMMATURE to deal with such an adult activity as sex. Teen pregnancy is at an all time high in BOTH our countries and incidents of children under the age of 18 contracting venereal disease is also at an all time high CLEARLY demonstrating that CHILDREN under the age of 18 absolutely ARE NOT responsible or mature enough to engage in sexual behavior ESPECIALLY with someone in excess of their own age.

IMHO, men and women who find it necessary to seek-out and victimize children under the age of 18 have serious emotional and mental issues and guess what ... our governments agree!!! So, I pose the question: WHY do both of you believe that Sexual Predation against minor children is okay and should be accepted?
 Attestalin
Msg: 359
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:26:16 PM
Gross.
I don't care if the girl is a day away from 18. The guy should know better then to hit on a minor. She's still a child until she turns 18. I'm only 20, and I wouldn't even think of doing anything with a guy under 18. I would feel disgusting.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 360
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:32:24 PM

But what if she did happen to find a really nice guy with lots on the ball that was 20 something whom she was really into, how would dad feel then? I mean would you say the law is the law kid, your 11 months from being 18 and if he comes near you or you go near him I'll kick his balls up round his ears and have him arrested! OR...would you make a call that goes just a little against what your saying here and say hey, she's a smart kid and knows what works for her so I'll give my blessing and be on standby to offer parental support?

As I stated before ... I would accept a 2-3 year age difference MAXIMUM! "What he has going for him" has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not it is good or SAFE for my daughter to see anyone more than 3 years older than her at this point in her life. Basically, you are asking me if I would accept my child seeing a molester/sexual predator if he was a successful person ... that is a ridiculous question!
 ArtistMe
Msg: 361
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:35:09 PM

Gross.
I don't care if the girl is a day away from 18. The guy should know better then to hit on a minor. She's still a child until she turns 18. I'm only 20, and I wouldn't even think of doing anything with a guy under 18. I would feel disgusting.

FINALLY, an intelligent statement!!! "From the mouths of babes"! (I am not calling you a baby ... it is just a saying).

Good for you Hon ... stick to your guns!
 vinny low
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:39:48 PM
niether of them said predation against children is ok, i know i have said this at least 5 times in this thread but once again we are not talking about a 50 year old man molesting f uckin pre-schoolers here it is a 25 year old guy who has a crush on a girl who is 17 ok forget the prospect of him dating her,legal illegal whatever do you think its wrong that he likes her? if so then why would it be ok if she was 18? and like the girl above said sometimes a 17 and a 25 year old can have lots of things in common and to any 1 who wants to bring out the oh he must be a loser then" reply let me remind you all where we are.....it's a fu cking internet dating site we are all losers if we wern't we wouldn't be here.
 fingsuperwoman
Msg: 363
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:42:43 PM

.....it's a fu cking internet dating site we are all losers if we wern't we wouldn't be here.

Speak for yourself buddy.
 mlsaarln
Msg: 364
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:51:10 PM
I think the important point is that differences in age becomes less important as you mature. Thankfully, most parents agree. Of course you don't suddenly mature when you turn 18, but there is less difference between a 23 yr-old and a 28 yr-old than there is between a 17 yr-old & a 23 yr-old, that's not rocket science!

we are all losers

According to my kids, I'm not only a loser, I'm a pathetic loser; rest assured though, that the only one who will truly lose is the adult who preys upon any of my kids!
 ArtistMe
Msg: 365
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:53:33 PM

it is a 25 year old guy who has a crush on a girl who is 17 ok

Ummm ... that IS Sexual Predation Vinny! It is illegal ... get that through your head!

.....it's a fu cking internet dating site we are all losers if we wern't we wouldn't be here.

OH WOW ... as summersun said: "Speak for yourself"! No wonder you have never had a date before. You need to develop a higher opinion of yourself!
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 366
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 9:56:32 PM
So, I pose the question: WHY do both of you believe that Sexual Predation against minor children is okay and should be accepted?

Do I believe the sexual predation of minors is acceptable or ok? Absolutely not and anyone, male or female, that preys on minors for the purpose of sexual gratification should be dealt with harshly!

BUT...

I do not believe we should be throwing people in jail and branding them for life as sexual predators simply because of 5-8 year age differences! I mean geesus not every 25 year old guy that dated and or had sex with a 17 girl is a sexual predator! As I said already the age of sexual consent in my province is 14 for both boys and girls and I'm comfortable in thinking that they came up with that age of consent knowing that there would be instances where there would be slight age differences in relationships and consensual sex may happen. I think the point your missing, and the one some of us are arguing, is that there are cases where a 17 year old girl may find a "non predatory" 25 year old guy with a life interesting and possibly someone whom she may consider a lifelong relationship with. Who are we to step in and say you don't know what your doing dating that 25 year old as we hand her the car keys? Makes no sense to me, I mean we'll let her put her life in her own hands and drive down the highway at 100 kph yet we won't let her date a 25 year old guy that she likes? Like I said I'm quite comfortable with how OUR laws are written and if your comfortable with yours and don't want to make any exceptions to the rules no matter the circumstances or people involved so be it...but be warned your likely going to needlessly ruin a life or two
 ArtistMe
Msg: 367
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:05:28 PM
Do I believe the sexual predation of minors is acceptable or ok? Absolutely not and
anyone, male or female, that preys on minors for the purpose of sexual gratification should be dealt with harshly!

Agreed!

I mean geesus not every 25 year old guy that dated and or had sex with a 17 girl is a sexual predator!

Ummm, yeah he is ... the law even states as much!

Like I said I'm quite comfortable with how OUR laws are written and if your comfortable with yours and don't want to make any exceptions to the rules no matter the circumstances or people involved so be it...but be warned your likely going to needlessly ruin a life or two

No, I will protect and preserve the life of my 17 year old daughter! Allowing some 25 year old punk who can't find someone nearer his own age or maturity level to enter into my daughters life would be to ruin it!
 mlsaarln
Msg: 368
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:07:26 PM

your likely going to needlessly ruin a life or two

Much more likely that you'll SAVE a life or two! C'mon, the MUCH more likely scenario is that the young girl gets pregnant, drops out of school , the guy takes off......... Frankly, I was quite shocked to see how old you are , & a bit disappointed when I saw that you have children. Situations such as you describe are extremely rare; the 25 yr-old who has a true interest in making a life partner of a child (YES, 17 IS a child!!) is very likely to have emotional/maturity issues, and it is quite probable that he (or she, I know) is controlling, manipulative & abusive. To deny this does a huge disservice to our children.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 369
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:10:00 PM
Much more likely that you'll SAVE a life or two! C'mon, the MUCH more likely scenario is that the young girl gets pregnant, drops out of school , the guy takes off......... Frankly, I was quite shocked to see how old you are , & a bit disappointed when I saw that you have children. Situations such as you describe are extremely rare; the 25 yr-old who has a true interest in making a life partner of a child (YES, 17 IS a child!!) is very likely to have emotional/maturity issues, and it is quite probable that he (or she, I know) is controlling, manipulative & abusive. To deny this does a huge disservice to our children.

AMEN Sister!!!! I am done with this thread now!
 shadowriter
Msg: 370
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:10:23 PM
ok..I need to put my old man glassess on...I thought this said sex with mirrors...
sex with minors...wtf
it is just wrong...I really don't care what excusses you come up with in your twisted freak-show mind....it is damaging to the"child" emotionally...with or without concent...where I come from there is a reason we keep alot of ropes about and this is one of them....

GET A CLUE
GET A LIFE
and GET A SHRINK

if you really think it is ok....then you really have problems...I have nieces that age and I can tell you that if some PREDATOR even thought about it....he may need some attitude adjustments
 taal
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:46:13 PM
artistme, I don't understand how you can't separate the concepts of molestation and consensual sex. They are different, and that's all I'm going to bother saying about that because I know I'm not going to change your mind.
I have a hard time understanding why you are so furiously arguing against individual rights. I don't expect to change your mind, but a little tolerance wouldn't kill you. Yes, I do tend to go for older men, but that doesn't make me a victim - it's just my preference. I've never really been into what most people my age are, I can't carry a conversation with them. You said yourself, a good part of a relationship is what you have in common with a person. And I'm no worse off for having dated older men. I'd love to know exactly what you think I've suffered through having been with older men, actually. I've enjoyed my time with them, a lot... more than I ever have, with just about anybody. In fact, the only lasting relationship I've ever had with somebody close to my own age was the man I've known for thirteen years, and he's three years older than me.

I really do have no problem with you believing what you believe - even imposing those beliefs on your daughter, that's your right as a parent and I wouldn't dream of stopping it. I'm not telling you to find a minor to shag senseless, either. All I ever expect is to be left alone - live and let live.
 vinny low
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 3:23:54 AM
well how about this.....minors should not be allowed to date any one and any parent who allows it promotes promiscuity? why do we allow "children" to date? we keep going in circles, i am not dispuiting the legalities, is it illegal? yeah do I think it's a good thing? I never said that I did ok i aknowledge that it's illegal, the point i'm trying to make is maybe this guy isn't a sexual predator? i'm sure he knows its illegal which is why he probably isn't persuing her but is he a peice of s hit for having feelings for her? I mean who are we to say how mature or what station in life a person should be at at a certain age? i mean the guy is 25 he's not 50. Once again i'm not saying i condone it so don't put words in my mouth, i'm just saying maybe we don't have to kill him? it's illegal yes...yes i get it,but lets say the legal age was changed to 23 would that mean you are magically no longer able to be attracted to some 1 who's 22? in some ppls books 22 is a kid i personally think a 50 year old with a 22 year old is a hell of a lot worse than a 25 and 17 year old...yes its illegal im not talking about the law im talking about attraction....how many guys my age can say they have never seen a hot college freshman chick theyd like to f uck the shit out of? if you say no youre a liar...but think about this....last year at this time she was 17.
 SAIUN
Msg: 374
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 4:30:19 AM
I'm sorry I just had to let you all know about this thread in case you haven't seen it already.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8310307.aspx
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 376
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 7:16:24 AM

but lets say the legal age was changed to 23 would that mean you are magically no longer able to be attracted to some 1 who's 22?

Exactly eh...I mean who was it that came up with the magic poof your 18 and are now an adult thing? Just the same as who came up with the magic poof your 65 and need to be pensioned off and put out to pasture thing. There's no difference in either one really, someone pulled, voted or whatever on the numbers and said thems da rules folks...lol...people are funny sometimes...you could put shit on their plate and even though they know it's shit they will still eat it and ask for seconds

Ummm, yeah he is ... the law even states as much!

In your country yes, not mine! Will you please quit arguing that point already!

Much more likely that you'll SAVE a life or two! C'mon, the MUCH more likely scenario is that the young girl gets pregnant, drops out of school , the guy takes off

Maybe in your country that "could" be the more likely scenario but up here that is LESS likely to be the case because here in Canada we teach and promote safe sex in our schools vs you guys and your abstinence teaching\preaching in the schools.

I was quite shocked to see how old you are , & a bit disappointed when I saw that you have children.

Yes well hold on to your knickers hun because I even went against the grain and let my daughter have boyfriends when she was 13 and the same will apply when our youngest daughter reaches that age and starts to be interested in boys! It's funny, I have friends that are very adamant about not letting their daughters (or sons) date till they are 16...my 15 year old daughter gets good grades, is well adjust, very mature, always checks in while shes out etc etc vs my friends pulling their hair out and popping stress meds while dealing with a little rebel that lies and sneaks around with the boys at every opportunity. Go figure....a simple thing like me letting them date, educating them about their hormones and letting them do what they want to do (within reason of course) saved me AND my kids a shit load of problems and conflict. My oldest son just turned 13 in May and the girls really seem to be drawn to him as his phone rings just about non stop...BUT...this has already been a pain in my ass more than once in that I've had parents call me up and say keep your son away from my daughter...I'm like yea sure no problem but before you slam the phone down what would you like me to say to your daughter next time she knocks on our front door and asks for him!
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 377
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 7:21:14 AM

To me it boils down to one thing, the span of childs life is a very small window in that expanse of life they have to live. Let them be children as long as possible without being preyed on by older members of the opposite sex. Let them experience what life has to offer them without stealing it all away too soon for what I would see to be for a personal gain that has no benefit to the minor whatsoever.

Very well put ~ Lainey ~
 Fearchar
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 8:19:14 AM
i generally like my women 21+, the 19 yr old tend to annoy me with kiddy shit. Sometimes i find a mature 19-20 but its rare. To be honest the majority of your women 25+ still act just like teenagers (minors).

The thing men want minors for, and this theory hit me when i was about 24, is because they arnt as used up like 21+. I mean damn, its getting hard for me to find a woman i LIKE who is my age that has no 1-4 yr old kids sucking up her time. So spotting a thick thick 16 yr old makes you want to sex em down.
 mlsaarln
Msg: 379
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 9:13:01 AM

you guys and your abstinence teaching\preaching in the schools.
Completely inaccurate; check your facts. Even voluntary prayer is disallowed in our public schools. Nothing wrong with educating re: safe sex, but "promoting" sex at all doesn't seem very wise. I am not passing judgment on your parenting skills, but I doubt that it is the fact that you allowed dating at a young age that makes your daughter a "good kid".

hold on to your knickers

Nothng wrong with passing that tidbit on to the 13 yr-olds!
 blue sunshine
Msg: 380
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 9:38:58 AM

I thought this said sex with mirrors

roflmao! I did too Shado!!! What are the odds......(maybe higher than I Think!)
 lie to me
Msg: 381
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 10:39:02 AM
Vinny: You really worry me. Maybe we should have fliers printed up with your pics on them, telling parents to lock up their children, and post about the neighborhoods in your village..............................
 taal
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 11:18:21 AM

I am not passing judgment on your parenting skills, but I doubt that it is the fact that you allowed dating at a young age that makes your daughter a "good kid".

Actually, allowing a young girl to make her own dating choices usually does prove to make them less rebellious. It's a fact of having teenagers - if you adamantly refuse them something, they're going to sneak around to get it. In junior high nobody was allowing their kids to date, and what happened? Everybody dated behind their parents backs. Wouldn't you rather allow it and be in the loop, than prohibit and have them do it anyway? I can't count the number of times girls would say, "Oh I'm going to a movie with Kate, mom, see you later!" And then switch off with their dates at the theater. Whereas the ones who were allowed to date told their parents whenever they were going out with their boyfriend, introduced their boyfriends and their parents, would have them over for dinner and everything. Doesn't that sound more appealing?
 ArtistMe
Msg: 383
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/26/2007 11:46:35 AM

Very well put ~ Lainey ~

You need to read her post again S-A-P ... it is contradictory to what YOU are arguing!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >