Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 746
Sex with minorsPage 29 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Sorry Christopher but you're not making sense, why is it different for a 17 year old living on his or her own dating someone in their 20's? vs if they lived at home it would be inappropriate?
If thats the case taking what you say so whats stopping someone in their 30's from dating a 17 0r 16 year old, my answer is " because its wrong"
Most teenagers feel like they understand everything perfectly......you don't believe me ask any parent of a teenager.

It’s easy to see what a barely legal girl sees in an older guy (or think she sees), but what makes a guy decide to forgo everyone in his age group for a girl who basically just learned to drive?As a matter of fact IMO.... he has issues for wanting to be with a 17 year old. He is a man and the girl is still becoming a woman
 SlumberParty
Msg: 747
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:10:58 PM
I feel guilty when an 18 or 19 year old hits on me, when I don't even consider hitting on them back. It is flattering, but no way, I am 30, so 18 and 19 (and quite a few 20) is too young. Like the poster before me said (oops, he wasn't before me), there are way too many people OVER age to pick from.

Seriously, how could I get serious with someone who is that young? they have a lot of living to do, primarily their 20's, LOL.
 Kynnie
Msg: 748
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/11/2008 5:04:25 PM

There are so many from parents who feel they know best for their child.

Well DUH its called responsible parenting.

This statement that a child at 16 or 17 doesnt have the maturity to make decisions about sex and relationships is actually a very poor reflection on those parents. Either they actually do have that maturity and you dont know it or you have done an appalling job of parenting.

^^^ Thats one of the stupidest things Ive read...

Rather than it be some kinda lack of proper parenting...
...It couldnt possibly be the logical explaination; which is... that a 16 or 17 yr old doesnt have the emotional maturity or life experience of a 40 yr old could it?
 SlumberParty
Msg: 749
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/11/2008 5:15:31 PM

This statement that a child at 16 or 17 doesnt have the maturity to make decisions about sex and relationships is actually a very poor reflection on those parents. Either they actually do have that maturity and you dont know it or you have done an appalling job of parenting.

I had a kid when I was 16 and at the time I felt mature as could be. But it's a long time until you turn 21 when you are 16 and the things you learn during that critical time of becoming an adult make you look back and say, "wow, I can't believe how I thought I know so much".

I was a baby basically and the fact that a man thought I was mature enough to mess around with really messed my whole world up. Now, I love my kid, dont get me wrong, but teenage girls are filled with hormones and need the time to grow up still. BUT, ask ANY of them if they are old enough to make their own decisions and the answer will be HELL YEA!!
 Christopher93
Msg: 750
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:37:56 AM

my answer is " because its wrong"

Why is it wrong?
Because it is.
Why is it?
Because it is.
Why is it?
Because it is.

This circular argument you propose is an absolute failure.

Try again.
 Christopher93
Msg: 751
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:42:15 AM

It couldnt possibly be the logical explaination; which is... that a 16 or 17 yr old doesnt have the emotional maturity or life experience of a 40 yr old could it?

Yeah, and 30 year olds don't have the maturity level of most 65 year olds, so maybe we shouldn't allow 30 year-olds to vote. They obviously can't make decisions for themselves.

In fact, let's put a curfew on anyone under 45. They really can't be trusted to make their own decisions until they're at least 53.

Scratch that. Anyone under 55 is clearly a child. You don't become an adult until you're 60.

Anyone who disagrees is a pedophile.
 Christopher93
Msg: 752
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:48:42 AM

it's astounding how many pedophiles are on here.
no amount of inane bs will change the fact that anyone who has sex with a child, who is anyone under 18 period, is a child molestor.

So I suppose that makes my uncle, who started dating my aunt when she was 16 and he 23, a child molester.

I'm sure she's very emotionally scarred by it, you know, chasing after him for nearly a year, him keeping her at bay and finally agreeing to date her only after she's turned 16.

Dating him for several years, marrying him and having two of his children. That was a real cut-and-dried case of child molestation for sure.

They've been together for over twenty years, which is more than over 50% of all people who've been married can boast.

So much for the "just abusing them for sex" argument.
 flexei
Msg: 753
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 4:10:40 AM
sex with minors.

men wll screw anything, age does not stop them.

when I was 34 I picked up a girl in a****ail lounge, she was tall and willowly, and extreamly nicely built, of course I was under the infulance, but not enough to refuse the offer that was made, 3 days later she tells me she is on holidays from NZ and I had ruined her average of sleeping with a different man every day of her holidays, I meet her on her 8th day, she then tells me she was 13.

What did I do, I did what any decent man would do, banged her again, then left.
 iamjumbo
Msg: 755
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:56:34 AM

that is stupid on it's face. the parents have nothing to do with it in that respect. it is simply an irrefutable fact that, regardless of the teaching of the parents, children are not capable of making mature decisions, period. that's simple reality, and no amount of lunacy by wannabe pedophiles will change the facts
 iamjumbo
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:12:37 AM

Why is it wrong?
Because it is.
Why is it?
Because it is.
Why is it?
Because it is.

This circular argument you propose is an absolute failure.

Try again.

don't be so stupid. that's the ONLY reason necessary. the absolute FACT that there are so many more is totally irrelevant
 Christopher93
Msg: 757
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:02:19 PM

don't be so stupid. that's the ONLY reason necessary. the absolute FACT that there are so many more is totally irrelevant.

"Don't be stupid."

Really? That's all you've got?

My uncle, who is married to the woman he started dating on her 16th birthday, he's a pedophile?

In the example above where the guy gets picked up by a tall, beautiful woman in a bar, only to find out three days later that she's 13, that makes *him* a pedophile?

The many men out there who've brought home a girl for the night, with the understanding that she is 18, only to find out later that she's anywhere from 13 to 17. That makes them pedophiles?

The only "victims" in those last two examples are the men, not the girls.

Raising the age of consent to 18 does nothing but make criminals out of innocent people. Girls will lie about their age and make themselves up to look older in order to get access to older men no matter how much people kick and scream about it.
 cajun32
Msg: 758
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:42:52 PM
Point taken !

Is it wrong or illegal ? Yes and No depending what part of the earth they are.

Ask your self this, if your 16 year old daughter developed a relationship with a 24 year old R&B, Rock, Pop, Movie, Ltiterary, ........... Star worth Millions, would you have come here and aske the same question.

Elvis Presly, started dating Lisa Maries mother when she was 15 or 16 years old and he was 24 or 25. Why is this excecptable or allowed by parents when a person is rich ?

If Bill Gates son was say 24 and he wanted to date your daughter what would you say ?

Hypothetically all mothers and fathers are living with potential millionaires, depending on how far they and us will bend the rules in the right circumstance.

Biology tells pubescent girls and boys it's time to reproduce, and all of the adults that can't bare to think that there little girl is as sexually horny as a boy her age, and she is in her room everynight touching herslf and sticking any object she can fit into herself, fantasizing of what it is going to feel like when she gets the real thing up that thing.

Oh My God ! how can I say something like that, because it's true.

At 16 your daughter has quite likely to have lost her virginity 3 to 4 years ago, whether it was little Johnny that got to it first or most likely, it was your daughters best friend, Julie that always spent the night at your house or the reverse, your daughter sleeeping at her house. Either way girls at 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, fool around sexually with each other.
So in all likelyhood she has been having sex whenever she has wanted to, and is very versed in fellatio, and cunnilingus.

So, whats the difference of a few years ? The difference is you and all adults that can't handle the thought of our daughters being ......... freaking hot sexual creatures even at 16 or 17. If this wasn't so why do women for the rest of their live try to look younger ?

Live and Let Live ! Translation Mind our own business and keep our nose's out of others business.
 digitalfever
Msg: 759
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:51:59 PM
Well where I live it's Legal and therefore none of my business.
 fitnessplusguy
Msg: 760
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:05:43 PM
hey people, i think that this matter kinda up in the air, different people will have different ideas about this, im a 24 year old male, i found my current girlfriend on this site. her page said she was 18, but after a few dates she told me she was really 17 but about to turn 18 in 1 month. and i did have sex with her while she was 17. but she was the one who initiated sex. also she has a 5 month old baby and she's not like other girls her age, she is really mature maybe more mature in certin areas than me.
 iamjumbo
Msg: 761
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 4:36:03 PM

In the example above where the guy gets picked up by a tall, beautiful woman in a bar, only to find out three days later that she's 13, that makes *him* a pedophile?

The many men out there who've brought home a girl for the night, with the understanding that she is 18, only to find out later that she's anywhere from 13 to 17. That makes them pedophiles?

The only "victims" in those last two examples are the men, not the girls.

Raising the age of consent to 18 does nothing but make criminals out of innocent people. Girls will lie about their age and make themselves up to look older in order to get access to older men no matter how much people kick and scream about it.

and you know full well that is not what we're talking about. we're talking about those who are supposed to be men actively seeking children, not simply being misled
the pedophiles are those who try to excuse intentionally having sex with children, and those are indeed criminals
 David3634955
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:11:33 PM
Most of the WOMEN I've ever had a relationship with are at least 3 years older than me, and this includes back when I was 15.

Just because one is younger than the other doesn't mean that the young one is a woman, first off.

Secondly, I would argue that age is the single worst way to judge whether someone is capable of making a mature decision. I have met many people who say that I am more mature than most 40 year olds they meet, which is quite interesting considering my 19 years of age.

Finally, I find it offensive that men are considered to be pedophiles if they engage in sexual intercourse with younger women, while women of such young tastes are considered to be sexually powerful, and not at all in the wrong.

When you're ready to see this through the eyes of every possible party, I'll give you even a chance to argue your case to me. Until then, I will argue for the rights of minors to be as sexually free as adults given similar safe sex practices and proper education as to the need for such and the consequences of avoiding it.

~ David
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 764
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:57:13 PM
Christopher93, are you trying to be funny gagoots? so far its not working
I hear the same old arguments oh my Uncle, Dad, Grandfather, Grandma's second cousin on her mother's side met when she was 16, and he was 23 , married, had children and are living in total bliss blah blah blah.they were part of a different generation

Back in the day I couldn't sit in the same restaurant as you too, going to a party drinking and driving to the next party was acceptable for being a teen, not today thanks to MADD and other associations, times changed, people changed, while it was acceptable for some girls at 16 years old to get married, children, stay at home and do the June Cleaver thing, society has changed and has gone far enough to frown on things that were once acceptable, hence more emphasis on MINORS and educating minors.

Your loss girly , major difference between a woman who is 27 marrying a 42 year old vs a 17 year old marrying a 42 year old, and if you cant see the difference trying asking the same question to someone in Law enforcement.
 edward1224
Msg: 765
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:02:32 PM
On the most part I think I agree with the general laws of society. However, if a woman or man is sixteen and is having sex with an eighteen year-old then I don't think one of them should go to jail for it. After all, is eighteen really that much wiser than a seventeen year old, etc? It's not like they get a burst of maturity on their eighteenth birthday.

Ed
 edward1224
Msg: 766
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:04:03 PM
What I find most ironic about the laws of modern American society is that a woman can drive a car at sixteen and potentially take another person's life, but by law she isn't allowed to have sex and potentially make a life.

Ed
 Christopher93
Msg: 767
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:10:24 PM

And you know full well that is not what we're talking about. we're talking about those who are supposed to be men actively seeking children, not simply being misled
the pedophiles are those who try to excuse intentionally having sex with children, and those are indeed criminals

It seems to be what you're talking about, not what this entire thread is about. There are a lot of different conversations going on here and as in all threads they tend to mix and crossover.

If two people meet, have great chemistry, and then find out that one of them is under 18 and the other is over 20, these arbitrary numbers should have nothing to do whatsoever with whether or not they decide to pursue a relationship.

What you seem to be contending is that anyone who ever, at any point in their adult life, has sexual relations with an individual under 18 years of age, is automatically a pedophile.

That is just flat-out false, and would put hundreds of millions of men around the world in the "pedophile" category.

A pedophile is a person who is sexually attracted to children, not teenagers or adults.

Children meaning 6-year-olds, not 16-year-olds.

Just stop using the word "children". It's inaccurate, deliberately misleading, and you know it. An adolescent is not a child, and in the late teens a physiological examination of a person's brain and body will find it indistinguishable from that of an adult.

A 16 year old has generally completed puberty and is physiologically and psychologically an adult, but we restrict them and deny them personal growth and responsibility, which is basically the cause of their rebellions and acting out.

Most of the rest of the world doesn't even recognize "teen" as a stage of life. You're either a child or an adult and the passage into young adulthood generally occurs in the 14-16 age range. It's our culture that's completely backwards, not those of the rest of the world.

Now a 20-something who chooses to actively pursue a young adult in their late teens for sexual purposes is not a pedophile, but they probably do have an emotional maturity problem, just as a 55-year-old seeking a 19-year-old in order to feel young again probably has an emotional problem that would be better treated by a therapist than a younger girlfriend.

A 55-year-old in general, would not have a healthy relationship with a 19-year-old, but is it the government's responsibility to interfere in this? No. This is a problem for families, friends, communities, churches, counselors, therapists, and other non-government entities to deal with. Not the Boys in Blue. Their resources are stretched too thin as it is.

I have to agree with you that someone purposefully pursuing children for sexual purposes is a pedophile, but I definitely disagree with what counts as a child. Having an arbitrary line in the sand at 18 years is simply not good enough for real people in the real world.
 Desert Frog
Msg: 768
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:24:09 PM
I haven't read the entire 31 pages of this thread, but from what I've seen, the posters seem to only be considering examples of older males with underage females.

I'd like to ask what everyone thinks of the reverse situation; what first comes to mind for me are all the recent scandals involving female teachers with teen-aged students.

I can understand women disapproving strongly of such affairs, but I've been a bit surprised at the disapproving attitudes I've heard from some guys. After all, I think pretty much every guy fantasizes about some attractive female teacher or other older woman in his teens.

Okay, so what does everyone think?
 Christopher93
Msg: 769
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:34:18 PM

I hear the same old arguments oh my Uncle, Dad, Grandfather, Grandma's second cousin on her mother's side met when she was 16, and he was 23 , married, had children and are living in total bliss blah blah blah.they were part of a different generation...

...while it was acceptable for some girls at 16 years old to get married, children, stay at home and do the June Cleaver thing, society has changed and has gone far enough to frown on things that were once acceptable.

Who said anything about being a domesticated house-slave to the older husband?

My aunt married my uncle as soon as she graduated nursing school and is still working full-time as Head Nurse of her hospital's Intensive Care Unit.

She took a year off after each of her pregnancies and went right back to work just like the modern, empowered, professional super-woman is expected to do.

If people could meet, marry, and have satisfying relationships less than 30 years ago they can do so now, and in the majority of the world they still do. Society may have changed, but people are the same as they always have been.

major difference between a woman who is 27 marrying a 42 year old vs a 17 year old marrying a 42 year old, and if you cant see the difference trying asking the same question to someone in Law enforcement.

Who said anything about 42 year olds marrying 17 year olds? You're using extreme examples to muddy the discussion.

A 17 year old marrying a 23 year old isn't the same thing as a 17 year old marrying a 42 year old, either.

Both the 23 year old and the 42 year old are over 18, but there is still a major difference despite the arbitrary "over/under 18" rules that some locales have set up.

Using "ask someone in law enforcement" as your backup isn't good enough. Illegal doesn't mean wrong. Laws are man-made, one-size-fits-all rules and often they don't fit every single individual's circumstances.

In my area the age of consent is currently 14, with the government pushing legislation to increase it to 16. Does this mean I pursue 14 year olds? No. Do I think 20-somethings *should* be having sex with 14 year olds? No. I don't even approve of two consenting adults meeting in a bar and having sex the same night. That doesn't mean I'm going to demand that it be made illegal.

Federal law is currently being changed in my country so the age of consent will be 16, with a five-year acceptable-age window for sexual contact until the age of 18. This seems to fix a lot of the holes in the "NO SEX WITH MINORS!!!" argument as well as the "FREE LOVE!" argument.

16 and 21 will be acceptable, but 16 and 22 will not.
17 and 22 will be acceptable, but 17 and 23 will not.
18 and anyone over 18 will be acceptable.

I doubt very many people could argue with this kind of set-up. It prevents the possibility abuse inherent in sexual contact between those of extreme age-difference, as well as allowing for healthy sexual contact between young adults of similar age.

None of this "over/under 18" crap.
 that sam i am
Msg: 770
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:35:58 PM
I think we should be fair all around and declare that nobody is allowed to have sex under any circumstance *LOL*
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 771
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:03:15 AM
You see Christopher, now Im convinced you're just straw manning the thread to a comical degree, and since reading isnt something you appear not to do so often Im going to slow it down for you bub.

Who said anything about 42 year olds marrying 17 year olds? You're using extreme examples to muddy the discussion.
first thing slick I was talking to Your loss Girly MSG 770 , but nice try though.

A 17 year old marrying a 23 year old isn't the same thing as a 17 year old marrying a 42 year old, either.
gee really??? I wouldn't of guess that ?

Using "ask someone in law enforcement" as your backup isn't good enough. Illegal doesn't mean wrong. Laws are man-made, one-size-fits-all rules and often they don't fit every single individual's circumstances.
again, wasn't talking to you but since you answered it YOU'RE WRONG, if its illegal it means its wrong bub.
The age statue doesn't make it legal for an adult to have sex with a minor. It's when the minor is legally allow to have sex at all...

In my area the age of consent is currently 14, with the government pushing legislation to increase it to 16. Does this mean I pursue 14 year olds? No. Do I think 20-somethings *should* be having sex with 14 year olds? No. I don't even approve of two consenting adults meeting in a bar and having sex the same night. That doesn't mean I'm going to demand that it be made illegal.
you make no sense at all Young Jedi, re read the laws again but slowly this time. What does two consenting adults having sex one night have to do with sex with a minor?

16 and 21 will be acceptable, but 16 and 22 will not.
who said 16 and 21 is acceptable, I know a lot parents who would allow their 16 years old to be with anyone over 19 years old.
 jf468
Msg: 772
Sex with minors
Posted: 2/19/2008 8:09:02 AM
I think pretty much every guy fantasizes about some attractive female teacher or other older woman in his teens.

A lot of my male friends in high school certainly had a crush on some much older women. A teacher, a neighbor, or in some cases a friend's mom!!.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >