Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tonymire
Msg: 792
Sex with minorsPage 35 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Unacceptable, especially in this country.
 Bunnni
Msg: 800
Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:38:21 PM
I'm sorry Nick, but that's completely ridiculous. Not only is it just a double standard which in my eyes is VERY wrong, but it's also just plain SEXIST. It's like you're trying to say that females are a lesser sex; less capable of making rational decisions concering their relationships with others and/or more likely to get carried away and hurt or something, when really that's not the case at all, it's simply the gender role that women have been placed into. I'm sorry, but it makes me very angry to hear someone of your age say something so ignorant. Go back to college, take a human sexuality course, then tell me if your opinion on the subject matter is the same.
 oceancowgirl9
Msg: 803
Sex with minors
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:15:51 AM
I agree when this is discussed it just keeps it int the computor. I know that they have those predator catches on the TV for men on the comp who prey on little girls it make me sick...and most of them are married.It must be a insecurity or maybe they are still little boys .anyway man or women its wrong to go out with miners...
 danieljarvis
Msg: 806
Posted: 4/18/2008 8:50:50 PM
i was eighteen when i had a 14 year old girl friend and she looked like she was around 21,her mother was fine with it and actually congratulated us on it ,she was the love of my life and my mother made us break up,it has been eight years now and i havnt met anyone and probably never will,i am too embarrassed about my parents to be confident anymore and my ex moved on straight away so its not like i even had the power to send her the message,life is sweeping me under the carpet and now i cant wait to get old and die,its just the fact that she found someone else within weeks and i didnt even mean enough to her for her to come and get her clothes and sort things out,i hope that she forgets me like everyone else has,so to answer your question stop your minors from having older partners, even if it is saving the older partner
 windloverr
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 10/20/2008 7:21:33 PM
Dude, you went back 6 months to dig this thread up................why?

This is wrong on so many levels that I'm not even going to try to defend it. You can bring a lot of love, and joy WITHOUT sex; and don't even think about trying to use the word "purity." If you touch a 12-13 year old in my family; I'm making CNN for blowing your happy a$$ away.

I can hear the Judge now:
Judge: windloverr, you shot him.
Me: Yes sir.
Judge: 37 times!!!!!!
Me: Yes sir.
Judge: Why?!
Me: I ran out of bullets.
 phishkev
Msg: 813
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:00:48 AM
Sex with miners? Now, if it was the right female one, I would have no trouble mining "gold" and hitting the big one!!

HAHAHAHA!!!
 SAIUN
Msg: 814
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/3/2008 1:05:12 AM

I have been in law enforcement and am going back into the field as we speak and I agree. My only reason would be I ran out of bullets as well. Sick bast@#$%.

That's not exactly reassuring. Aren't you meant to just arrest people for committing crimes? It's the role of the judicial system to hand out the punishments.

I still find the "an eye for an eye" attitude of a lot of people on here surprising. One reprehensible crime justifies another, does it?
 compleat_man
Msg: 823
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:46:03 AM

That being said, teenagers are essentially "brain damaged" until the age of 22...when they can actually make ADULT decisions.

ther eis an actual EXACT age at which "all" people become 'mature'?

like at 21 years & 364 days oldm they ar enot mature, but the next day they are?
hmmm..

funny, because I know 40, 45, and 57 year olds that still cannot make 'adult' decisions..

and some 18-19 year olds that are way more 'mature' than some 40-+ year olds..
 shilleng
Msg: 826
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/4/2008 9:58:26 AM
this has ALWAYS been normal for me to see b/c when I was in high school, most of the girls my age dated older guys (ages 20-25 on avg.) and did't give teen boys much of a chance....that's what they choose (older guys) so that's what they'll get ("it"). This will never change.
 SAIUN
Msg: 829
Posted: 12/4/2008 3:09:34 PM

It is beyond the legality and "I know 17 year old that are nympho's" crap. Do you ever wonder why they act that way? Most likely it is due to being sexually abused as a child.

Sorry, I can't agree with this. I don't think the reason that most people are sexually active at 17 is because of sexual abuse at a younger age. Otherwise we have about 80% of the population being abused as a child, which seems a touch unlikely.
 exiss
Msg: 833
Posted: 12/4/2008 5:27:06 PM

As a social worker who works with youth....IT IS WRONG. The human brain (frontal lobe area) is not fully developed until 21-22 years of age. That being said, teenagers are essentially "brain damaged" until the age of 22...when they can actually make ADULT decisions.

Then why do we let them vote????
 compleat_man
Msg: 835
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:58:22 AM

As a social worker who works with youth....IT IS WRONG. The human brain (frontal lobe area) is not fully developed until 21-22 years of age. That being said, teenagers are essentially "brain damaged" until the age of 22...when they can actually make ADULT decisions.

Then why do we let them vote????

I agree..how did we go from talking about someone 17 years old, to saying anyone under 22 is still a 'child' or 'brain-damaged'???

great, I can see if this social worker ran things, anyone under 22 could rape, murder, kill or do any crime..and is "NOT responsible" becasue they are still a 'child'/'brain-damaged' ??

funny.. in many earlier generations , these 'brain-damaged' people already had kids 5-6, or more, years old by the time they reached 22..how then did the human species ever survive this far??

That being said, teenagers are essentially "brain damaged" until the age of 22...when they can actually make ADULT decisions.

this sentence makes NO sense..how can someone be a "teenager" past the age of 19?

'teenagers' are brain-damaged until 22?
 compleat_man
Msg: 837
Posted: 12/5/2008 9:35:56 AM
^^

so, obviously we shoudn't let anyone 'work' until they are past 25, or even to study or train for a particular type of work..

since they are too 'brain-damaged' to know what they really want to do anyway?

great..we can have hordes of unemployed youth wandering about with too much time on their hands..possibly casuing all manner of havoc & mayhem..but the poor widdle things couldn't be criminally charged because they are 'brain-damaged' & so 'not responsible' for their own actions.

great make-work project for social workers I suppose..

cielee, can you point out any actual studies/links that might support your contentions? or are they merely your 'feelings' ?

the unfunny thing about the 'joke' below is that it's too close to the truth..

Hey...I have a good joke about social workers..................So these two social workers were walking down the street and they passed by a back alley. They could hear moaning. When they went to check it out they found a man all beat up...bloody...in pain. One social worker looked at the other and said "Who ever did that sure needs help!"

cielle: so by your own logic a 24 year old having sex with a17 -year old is not responsible either, because s/he (the older person) is still 'brain-damaged', anyway?
 compleat_man
Msg: 846
Posted: 12/7/2008 1:15:17 PM
^^

I dont see what the argument of maturity has to do with children having sex with men who should know better.

the sexism continues, this is not a one-gender issue..I seem to recall SEVERAL high-profile cases where FEMALE middle-school & junior-high school teachers had affairs with male students who were 13 or 14 years old..one even got her 14 year old "lover" to murder her husband..
 compleat_man
Msg: 852
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/8/2008 7:42:28 AM

Why is it different for an adult female to have sex with an underage male? Because men don't get pregnant. Sex has a different significance for men and women at any age. The risks are not the same. Physically or emotionally.

I think a lot of men can't understand what the fuss is about. These kids and their teachers. Are the teachers maybe "odd"? Maybe. Those boys look happy. They got some social worker filling their sorry, malleable brains with crap about how they have been exploited and damaged. I had sex with a girl of 18 when I was 13. Which kind of predisposed me towards older women.

the fact is, it is still ILLEGAL for a grown woman to have sex with a 13-year odl boy, in almost all jusrisdictions.

also the fact of 'happiness' does not enter into it; in most cases 'underage' ('minor') girls were very happy to have sex with older guys as well..

it was only their PARENTS who objected, likely, when they founf out about it.

that's why they call it "statutory" rape..meaning the persons are considered too young to give informed consent.

in most cases it was not 'forced rape' as you might think of it, the girls (or boys) were quite 'willing' partners..

also, most of those girls would be taking BC pills, so the risk of pregancy wouldn't be as huge as you make it out to be.

"emotional" risks? ahh, the good old "GENDER STEREOTYPING" again..that boys don't get emotionally involved, while girls do.

maybe YOU didn't; that doesn't mean that ALL boys do not..

the 14 -year old boy that a female teacher was banging in Maine got so 'emotionally involved' (he was 'in love' with her), that he murdered her husband , at her prompting..

("for" her, so they "could always be together")

too bad for him, shortly afterwards she dumped him and tried to blame the killing entirely on him, to the police & courts.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 855
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:27:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^that "joke's" been done at least 6 times in this thread ^^^^^^^^^

look at msg 858 right above you. it wasn't funny the first time.
 compleat_man
Msg: 856
Sex with minors
Posted: 12/9/2008 8:35:57 AM

We are simply one dimensional impregnators with a severely limited capacity for empathy and we have no nuance. Or at least I am that way and you are not. Anyway, at least I lost my virginity that time. When I was 13. I couldn't wait! I was in a hurry to grow up. And look! I'm still a little boy

bodypro8, you might have a good point IN GENERAL, but some boys do get attached.

there was a case in Alberta this past year of a married female high-school teacher who was having a sexual affair with a 17-year old male student of hers (which she denied in her disciplinary hearing, bu the 100's of sexually-charged e-mails and notes, letters, etc. between the 2 of them certainly suggest otherwise..)

when her husband discovered the affair he confronted her and she broke it off with the student

he (the student) then committed SUICIDE..(which brought the mess into the public eye).

I would say that it seemed he DID get 'emotionally attached' to her, no?
 damaj125
Msg: 862
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 8/28/2009 12:27:06 PM
Disallusioned is right depends on the country and laws, i am 37 and i like 30 to 40 my self, but remember judgemental people are well look at the last word of judgemental (closedminded)( OPEN UR MIND) how aboutt worring about unity, and liveing, and economy, finding your soul mate , happiness. worry about things when its proven and convicted. dont get me wrong there deffineately are limitatioins some should require instant death but worry about the big things
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >